Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT (39744 Views)

Fayose Is Right! Federal Govt Lied about the N5,000 Stipend. / Rivers Rerun: Nwaogu Of PDP Caught Giving Orders To Hijack Ballot Box - PremiumT / Presidency Lied, UN Meeting On Insurgency Shunned By Buhari Yielded $6.8m – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Sweetlemon(f): 1:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
The govt should have attended the meeting though, unless they had some secret reasons (intelligence gathering) not to.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:16pm On Sep 27, 2015
codedguy1:
If only someone had appointed FA minister!
That is not the work of Foreign Affairs Minister, but our UN representative, Prof. Ogu. Did she brief the Presidency of the schedule of the meetings?
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by opribo(m): 1:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
What a shame at that national level. For a govt to be accused of lying that's not too good at all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by nationwide1(m): 1:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

So Premium Times can say the "truth", I thought it's an APC's propaganda machine?
Can you provide evidence(s) of how/when I accused Premium Times of not writing the truth?

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by onatisi(m): 1:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
hamingra:

You are still not getting my point. the politics at UN is very much alive, and every govt plays it's card according to how it perceives it. PMB is not a dumb person and certainly not surrounded by dumb people. If he says it was not official, it simply means who ever convened the meeting did not consult Nigeria and as such, he owed them nothing if he fails to attend
bravo,well done keep twisting all the details . We have a president who has travelled to almost 10 countries of the world all in the name of seeking help and assistance in order to crush a brutal rebellion that has left millions of ppl homeless ,and thousands dead. And in your own infinite wisdom it is very intelligent and responsible for that same government to refuse to partake in a conference by the UN on how to tackle the issue ,when other nations who aren't even half as affected as Nigeria even participated. And yet you are trying yo defend buhari when even the organizers acknowledge that they sent invitation to Nigeria. So who should be number one country at that conference if not nigeriA. All these attitude of buhari has now fully shown that he has a hidden agenda about boko haram and he is not too interested in finishing them off. You can defend buhari as much as u like but if your baby or wife had been blown to shreds and pieces by one of boko haram bombs and you had buried them with your hands you wont be defending this irresponsible attitude of buhari

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
Prof Joy Ogwu, Nigeria permanent UN rep should be blamed not the president.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by hemartins(m): 1:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
luvprince4real:
who is dis unsuccessful goat dat has refused to see anythn wrong in whatever PMB does? Even if it's a town hall meeting about boko haram is ur president not suppose to attend considering hw he claims to care so much for the idp's and d north east in general? If condemning this in strong term makes me a wailer then so be it. If na me be niger or chad president who's diplomats attend d meeting I for don dey suspect Buhari.
can you ever pass a message without insults.
it only shows How educated you are.
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Firefire(m): 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
philips70:

A government where there were no differences between personal and government accounts, senseless looting the order of the day is the best government since independence? Do you live in Nigeria at all? When you guys refer to realities that stared everyone in the face as APC media propaganda one cannot help but just laugh. I have lived through many governments in Nigeria, a living witness to all that happened throughout the last 5yrs, I do not need a media house to tell me any cock and bull stories. The last government was actually the worst to have happened to Nigeria since independence, Abacha and IBB's government inclusive. We are alive, we will see it all. No need to be in a hurry.

Fighting a multiple battle at the same time and being liberal or a good democrat requires a "Special Anointing/Grace"

I give it to Jonathan, he remains the best so far, considering the high level daily attack that could make the weak lose focus.

Let us wait and see the NEW promises under APC, thou most already denied in broad day light by the lying liars.

Posterity will be the judge here.

I wish Nigeria and Nigerians well and enough.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by hamingra: 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
sarutobie:

Are you one of the praise singing sycophants?

For sure! Praise singing sycophant for witch hunting treasure looters!

Abi you bi one or them or your family member be one?
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
bonechamberlain:
it's not a surprise, a country where citizens elect a leader with an 18th century mindset in the 21st century. such errors are bound to occur

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by hemartins(m): 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
Nicepoker:
goat. Can u pls type like a sane human?

can you ever pass a message without insult?
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Dminister(m): 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
APC government will destroy dis country further more, the reason why I advocated nigerians should not vote in APC. They are devils in sheep skin.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by benmike2358: 1:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
Nigeria is a big joke until we realise this and look for a way out we re going no where http://TheRevenueJob.com/?ref=8234
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by hamingra: 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
onatisi:
bravo,well done keep twisting all the details . We have a president who has travelled to almost 10 countries of the world all in the name of seeking help and assistance in order to crush a brutal rebellion that has left millions of ppl homeless ,and thousands dead. And in your own infinite wisdom it is very intelligent and responsible for that same government to refuse to partake in a conference by the UN on how to tackle the issue ,when other nations who aren't even half as affected as Nigeria even participated. And yet you are trying yo defend buhari when even the organizers acknowledge that they sent invitation to Nigeria. So who should be number one country at that conference if not nigeriA. All these attitude of buhari has now fully shown that he has a hidden agenda about boko haram and he is not too interested in finishing them off. You can defend buhari as much as u like but if your baby or wife had been blown to shreds and pieces by one of boko haram bombs and you had buried them with your hands you wont be defending this irresponsible attitude of buhari

Funny how you and your PT throw around accusations. All I said was that Nigerian govt reserves the right not to attend any event where they were not consulted. You can't shave my head behind my back (apologies). The Presidency said the meeting was not on their official list. If you think otherwise, bring proof!

PT should have gotten a list of official meetings by our UN representative office and if we see the meting there listed then we conclude that PMB refused to attend such meeting and we then crucify him!

Until then....
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
nationwide1:

Can you provide evidence(s) of how/when I accused Premium Times of not writing the truth?

Thanks.
Could you provide evidence where I accuse you, Nationwide1, of saying Premium Times doesn't write the truth?
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by onatisi(m): 1:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
atbu1983:

now you are shifting the goal posts but if such a thing happened during gej time
Everyone will be abusing and insulting him and say he got too drunk or that his wife was controlling him. Shifting the blame wont solve the problem the fault lies with buhari because he should personal go through all the invitations sent to Nigeria from the un and pick the ones he will attend .if you are blaming the permanent secretary that means doesn't even know what he is doing and he is just a dumb robot been pushed around by some pot bellied sick diabetic politicians and diplomats .do you think such a thing can happen to Obama ?imagine a UN conference on Syria and ISIS and Obama choosing to ignore the meeting when other affected nations are duly represented at the meeting.what do you think Americans will say

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by codedguy1(m): 1:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

That is not the work of Foreign Affairs Minister, but our UN representative, Prof. Ogu. Did she brief the Presidency of the schedule of the meetings?

Seems you missed my point. I wasn't talking about the FA minister informing the president and who told you he wasn't informed.

My point is if he had a FA minister he/she would have represented the president in the meeting while he continued on his selfie induced tour, then this thread and the one he gave an excuse why he did not attend would never have existed for you to misunderstand my post.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The Lies of the lying liars have gone international

Did the god of Lai LIES go with them .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
He didn't
mykl01:

Did the god of Lai LIES go with them .
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by luche90(m): 1:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
hamingra:

You are still not getting my point. the politics at UN is very much alive, and every govt plays it's card according to how it perceives it. PMB is not a dumb person and certainly not surrounded by dumb people. If he says it was not official, it simply means who ever convened the meeting did not consult Nigeria and as such, he owed them nothing if he fails to attend
You are the one not getting the point. The UN convened a meeting, in which the President of a nation was scheduled to attend, and at the eleventh hour decided to pull out. And then later on, when quizzed about his absence, claimed the meeting was unofficial and was not part of his schedule, even though it initially was a priority. That is the point.
And also, if you believe the President is a creative and intelligent individual, surrounded by other intelligent men, then am afraid, you are so far from reality. This is the same man who called a meeting for his party members so as to discuss the divide between the party's senate representatives considering election of the senate leadership, an hour before the elections. And then on arriving at the conference centre, was briefed about the commencement of the elections, but instead of going to brief his party members as their leader, chose to ditch them. Doesn't this sound exactly like what happened at the UN. The President is not smart, but what is worse, is that those around him are dumber than him.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by sammyj: 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
...... grin shocked grin
Nicepoker:
basking in the euphoria of ur f00lishness
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by flamingIce: 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2015
hahahaha, busted.....Assembly of liars deceiving gullible followers who will stop at nothing to defend them even when its obvious that they ought not to speak up but hide their head in shame concerning certain issues such as this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by philips70(m): 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2015
Firefire:

Fighting a multiple battle at the same time and being liberal or a good democrat requires a "Special Anointing/Grace"

I give it to Jonathan, he remains the best so far, considering the high level daily attack that could make the weak lose focus.

Let us wait and see the NEW promises under APC, thou most already denied in broad day light by the lying liars.

Posterity will be the judge here.

I wish Nigeria and Nigerians well and enough.

Fighting a multiple battle could lead to multiple stealing? Do you know how much was ferried away in his government by people he could not control and as long as his own was guaranteed? How much was crude sold in his government and how much did we have in foreign reserves before he came in? What are the infrastructure on ground to compliment all the billions of dollars earned? Pray tell me.

Firefire, quit all this sentiments and just accept the truth, Jonathan's government was overran by thieves and not battles. From left, right and centre including the wife! Wetin??
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by sarutobie(m): 1:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
hamingra:

For sure! Praise singing sycophant for witch hunting treasure looters!

Abi you bi one or them or your family member be one?
I know you are getting peanuts from it..but I will advise you to get a steady job.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
The goat faced dullard doesn't know that he bearly understands anytn outside basic breeding of cows and sheeps

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
onatisi:

He has even borrowed several million dollars to rebuild the region even while the crisis lingers; any reasonable person would agree that he should have been in this meeting as a means of attracting further attention... but inaaaaa! He had to go and take selfies angry undecided cry
Facking wailers grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by onatisi(m): 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
hamingra:

Funny how you and your PT throw around accusations. All I said was that Nigerian govt reserves the right not to attend any event where they were not consulted. You can't shave my head behind my back (apologies). The Presidency said the meeting was not on their official list. If you think otherwise, bring proof!

PT should have gotten a list of official meetings by our UN representative office and if we see the meting there listed then we conclude that PMB refused to attend such meeting and we then crucify him!

Until then....
not only proof maybe they should bring evidence for you to vet.smh. Your defence of FG and buhari is weak and it is only exposing buhari unpreparedness of the seat he is occupying. So the Un said they sent the invitation so where is the invitation?which government official is in charge of these correspondence between the UN and Nigeria ?ohhhh I have forgotten the cattle reader even said he doesn't need ministers that they are noise makers .if there was a minister for foreign affairs then maybe all this rubbish and show of shame wont be happening . Buhari should try and keep his Fulani cattle mentality at home and if he doesn't have the mental acumen to represent Nigeria abroad he should delegate such duties to more his vice president. Buhari should stop disgracing this great nation outside the country
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by luche90(m): 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
atbu1983:

No, the President is to blame. Joy Ogwu did brief him on the meeting. The President, chose to ignore it. He was scheduled to attend the meeting but was surprisingly absent. Why do you think that Garba Shehu gave that ignominious excuse.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2015
PappyMason:
How can a meeting convened in the UN by diplomats be considered unofficial?

That aside, I expect the Nigerian govt to give credibility and weight to any diplomatic "unofficial" meeting regarding the plight of IDPs serious attention.

This just goes to show that Buhari and his 21 man entourage just went on a tourist instagram photo spree

This Govt is totally out of touch with reality on how to run a nation in the 21st century!
my brother I pity this country, CBN governor is threatening to resign due to our economic crisis, massive job cuts, insecurity is now worse and yet some APShit fools would keeping saying sai baba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by hamingra: 1:40pm On Sep 27, 2015
sarutobie:

I know you are getting peanuts from it..but I will advise you to get a steady job.

You are so wrong my brother! I witch hunt treasury looters PRO BONO!
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Bigii(m): 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
If it is Kwaraption issue he will be the first person there. He believes apart from Kwaraption nothing else is meaningful. DAT man way of thinking is seriously far from 21st century.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Unveiling Of The New Chief Obafemi Awolowo Statue By Governor Ambode / Military: If Shekau Surrenders, We Will Accept Him / Iara Oshiomhole Stuns In Blue Outfit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.