Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? (101658 Views)

Femi Falana And Wife, Funmi Falana At The Falz Experience All Loved Up (Photos) / Tosin Etomi With Funmi Wellington: Adesua's Brother & Banky W Brother Pictured / Funmi Iyanda Raises Her Skirts To Prove That She Is Not Bleaching (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by xavierxo: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
Wow, I actually thought I was the only one that used to wonder what might have become of her. Great job guys. I hope this yields positive results. BTW, Google led me here

5 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by xavierxo: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
Wow, I actually thought I was the only one that used to wonder what might have become of her. Great job guys. I hope this yields positive results. BTW, Google led me here

3 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 12:44pm On May 10, 2016
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 12:16pm On May 27, 2016
26yrs already and counting ... cry

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Agbaletu: 12:06pm On May 28, 2016
It is very painful that we don't know her whereabouts. I attended the same University with one of the girls in "Nigeria my beloved country" I lost contact with her since i left the school in 2003. Unfortunately, she did not know much about Funmi Adams apart from featuring in the video. I will try to get her contact and ask if she knows anyone that knows where Funmi Adams can be found or any of her family members.

5 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by ziggy3579: 12:28pm On May 28, 2016
Hi guys, I'm 100% sure either Kwara TV or NTA Ilorin still has her videos. I remember one of this two stations play her videos every day of the week back then(early 2000s) when I was still in secondary school. If there's anyone that stays in Ilorin, they could go to these TV station and ask for her videos. In the Omode video, I remember a scene where one boy was smoking weed and another scene where mobs were chasing one thief. I hope we get to know about her where about soon, Blessings on us all

8 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Agbaletu: 1:21pm On May 28, 2016
ziggy3579:
Hi guys, I'm 100% sure either Kwara TV or NTA Ilorin still has her videos. I remember one of this two stations play her videos every day of the week back then(early 2000s) when I was still in secondary school. If there's anyone that stays in Ilorin, they could go to these TV station and ask for her videos. In the Omode video, I remember a scene where one boy was smoking weed and another scene where mobs were chasing one thief. I hope we get to know about her where about soon, Blessings on us all

The video you are talking about is in youtube, I just saw it again this morning.

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by aishmuhd(f): 5:07pm On May 28, 2016
ikorodureporta:

Hey, dnt say that. She is married to an evangelist, now Funmi Aragbaiye & both of them are running their ministry 'somewhere' in S/W.....u all shld know that age is non longer on their side..

I like her classics too- 'letter Ayo'
nooob very wrong they are two different people pls doo yur findings well

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by aishmuhd(f): 5:19pm On May 28, 2016
shadrach77:
She's probably dead

na u kill her? why is it dat some of us don't imagine or think positively...

Pls why not forward her whereabouts to an umbrella body called performing musicians of Nigerian (PMAN). Tony Okoronji was one time the president of PMAN.

3 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 9:51am On May 29, 2016
aishmuhd:

na u kill her? why is it dat some of us don't imagine or think positively...

Pls why not forward her whereabouts to an umbrella body called performing musicians of Nigerian (PMAN). Tony Okoronji was one time the president of PMAN.

Pls can u help us contact him?

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nezero(m): 11:17pm On Jun 10, 2016
Well done people

Shout out to Warrenweste and OCTAVO

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 11:36am On Jun 12, 2016
Nezero:
Well done people

Shout out to Warrenweste and Octavio

i see u bro..the search is stil on.

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 3:29pm On Jul 09, 2016
Hi everyone gt a call from a guy early last month who claimed his uncle gt the tape and he will check his store and get back to me,also waiting to hear from an old record seller in NTA area agodi ibadan who told me he will check his old store and ask his colleague the search is still on though

4 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by THMT: 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2016
I'm speechless and I hope you get rewarded not just here but in the after life, nairaland has almost turned me into a tribal bigot, I ignorantly forgot about how united Nigeria was and the songs I heard from Funmi Adams has given me hope. My people from the East wanting to break away and the issue of Naija delta avengers can be solved with honest political dialogue and we as a people must arise to teach our children true values of LOVE WITH OUT LANGUAGE OR COLOUR ! I call you my brother today not because my mother gave birth to you but because we have only one race and that is the human race so please do no give up because fans from Abroad and back home in Nigeria are counting on you. Hope this gets to front page repeatedly. GOD bless us.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by TheDauraMallam: 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
warrenweste:
Hi everyone gt a call from a guy early last month who claimed his uncle gt the tape and he will check his store and get back to me,also waiting to hear from an old record seller in NTA area agodi ibadan who told me he will check his old store and ask his colleague the search is still on though

Hello bros, we are still waiting o.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nezero(m): 10:40am On Jul 28, 2016
Even the Guardian does not have our heroine's photo.
See today's guardian

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
THMT:
I'm speechless and I hope you get rewarded not just here but in the after life, nairaland has almost turned me into a tribal bigot, I ignorantly forgot about how united Nigeria was and the songs I heard from Funmi Adams has given me hope. My people from the East wanting to break away and the issue of Naija delta avengers can be solved with honest political dialogue and we as a people must arise to teach our children true values of LOVE WITH OUT LANGUAGE OR COLOUR ! I call you my brother today not because my mother gave birth to you but because we have only one race and that is the human race so please do no give up because fans from Abroad and back home in Nigeria are counting on you. Hope this gets to front page repeatedly. GOD bless us.
Thanks much bro We Hope the country gets better and we get more united ..

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 11:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
TheDauraMallam:

Hello bros, we are still waiting o.

Sure will update the house as soon as I get any info
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 11:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
Nezero:
Even the Guardian does not have our heroine's photo.
See today's guardian

Wow can u imagine I guess the link under the YouTube video directed them.here

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by rakabuba001(m): 8:23am On Jul 29, 2016
Biko lets keep the thread alive to hit FP...anybody with something new?
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by OCTAVO: 8:46am On Jul 29, 2016
Good morning beloved Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 11:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
rakabuba001:
Biko lets keep the thread alive to hit FP...anybody with something new?

Noting new yet let's hope these coming month we will gt more clues ..

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2016
still on the search

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by ochukp(m): 8:11pm On Sep 04, 2016
can someone please give me the title of her song that goes like this "ranka dede yesu,ranka dede"
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by cultureclub1983: 3:45pm On Sep 14, 2016
ikorodureporta:

Hey, dnt say that. She is married to an evangelist, now Funmi Aragbaiye & both of them are running their ministry 'somewhere' in S/W.....u all shld know that age is non longer on their side..

I like her classics too- 'letter Ayo'

What are you saying?? She was in her 30s when she was fab….. just like Boy George of London. And he's still singing. Africans can be very idle quickly in their life……….. this is a woman probably in her 50s now
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Baeb: 11:18am On Sep 27, 2016
Hello Everybody... I must commend the efforts of everyone on this thread, starting from the op. I stumbled on this thread in my search for some evergreen independence songs to put up as callertunes for the upcoming independence day celebrations as that is what the company i work for does. I will also appreciate any information i can get on her. Many thanks.

4 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 1:33am On Sep 28, 2016
Baeb:
Hello Everybody... I must commend the efforts of everyone on this thread, starting from the op. I stumbled on this thread in my search for some evergreen independence songs to put up as callertunes for the upcoming independence day celebrations as that is what the company i work for does. I will also appreciate any information i can get on her. Many thanks.

Welcome to.the thread

What exactly will you like to know about her?

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by deife(m): 8:35am On Oct 01, 2016
Nezero:

I'm guessing the military governments that were in power may have had something to do with it.

Maybe she got very rich and decided to lay low. Or perhaps she might be privy to some secrets of national importance.. ( I don't intend starting a conspiracy theory though. May God bless her for her efforts to make the world a happier place)

You may not be far from the truth bro. Weird things happen in this world. @ OP God bless you for your tenacity. We all love Auntie Funmi. I was privileged to listen to her songs as a child then. She's an icon...an enigma... what a beautiful soul!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by deife(m): 8:36am On Oct 01, 2016
Happy Birthday, Nigeria.

CC. Seun
Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by folasayolyn(f): 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
I miss her. finally got her nigeria Yay!!! still looking for more

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Lyoncrescent: 6:34am On Oct 12, 2016
I pray we find out what happened to her. Nigeria,my beloved country is one the most nationalistic songs ever. Please Seun and Lalasticlala, put this on the homepage. Somebody may know something but may not be aware of this thread. Surely she must have relations who visit nairaland. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Lyoncrescent: 10:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
I contacted Professor euba via mail. Even he has no idea where she is but he reckons she probably lives in the USA. Email exchange below:

FUNMI ADAMS INQUIRY
Inbox

12:15 PM (9 hours ago)

to aeuba
Hi,

I am a big fan of your work and i know you did some work with funmi adams in the 80s. Myself and some young ones born in the 80s created an online thread on the whereabouts of funmi adams. The thread can be visited on https://www.nairaland.com/2636772/hunt-funmi-adams-1-updated

We will be grateful if you can shed some light on her recent whereabouts and her career as no one seems to have seen or heard from funmi adams for decades.

Thank you sir.

Olatunji Akin Euba
6:56 PM (3 hours ago)

to me
Iam sorry I have no information on Funmi Adams.She lived in
Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania and probably still does, where I live, but I have
not heard from or seen her for some years.
Akin Euba

Akin Euba, Ph.D.
Andrew W. Mellon Professor Emeritus of Music,
University of Pittsburgh, USA

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Mike Ezuruonye Weds Nkechi ‘keke’ Nnorom In Grand Style With Exclusive Pictures / Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral / DOWNLOAD MOVIE: The Wedding Party 2 (destination Dubai)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.