Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... - Dating And Meet-up Zone (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... (226526 Views)

ABUJA, Ladies And Single Mums Can Contact For Hook-up / Single? Let's Mingle / If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by magneto(m): 11:38am On Nov 21, 2015
Happy weekend o, my beautiful people!!! Magneto loves u all very much...oya show me in ur own special way dat u love me too! kiss kiss grin
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by halexito(m): 11:39am On Nov 21, 2015
This is a sane thread for matured minds. The real goal is to hook up with the opposite sex. It's a platform for 30 years plus people to mingle.
But since we can't see one another physically or close enough to really get to know one another. We engage in general conversations through which you might know someone of like mind. Through chats on both trivial and important topics we get to know some people's intellect.
I don't know about us guys. But ladies on this thread should be careful. There are surely wolves in sheep's clothing on the thread. Ready to take advantage of the unwary. I believe no lady on this thread planned to still be single at over 30yrs of age. Something must have happened.
I believe they are rightly being careful. No time for mistakes again please. You can't just start hooking up anyhow. It's a choice that can make or mar our lifetimes.
So as Toks always says, upload your pictures male and female folks. Let's know who you really are. Enough playing around in ghost mode!
Let's hook up and mingle with sense.
No blind leaps please!

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by magneto(m): 11:40am On Nov 21, 2015
@nouvelle @halexito...u are duly sighted! grin
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by MYMINDER(m): 11:50am On Nov 21, 2015
magneto:

Bros I understand ur reasoning but can't seem to grasp its relevance to the situation on the thread. Yes there's an implied hookup focus which is certainly appropriate for such a mature gathering of singles. There's no cogent reason why any kind of 'soft landing' should be considered because nobody is hounding, intimidating, or scaring anyone away. If ur 30 and above, ur welcome to join and participate anyway u so choose (of cos displaying ur supposed maturity). Let the hookup minded ppl hookup in peace and let the intellectual minded ppl discuss in peace... At d end of d day everyone is happy, don't u think?

What I simply mean is anybody participating based on thread title is appropriately assumed to be single and LOOKING once they start contributing. This is what I refer to as a hard landing. This is why the thread is sputtering along without a clear direction in my opinion.

I understand where you are coming from though, the damage has already been done with the thread title. A little tweak to the thread title would have done the magic and expanded the mingling pool.

I hope people find what they are looking for especially the women.

MY MIND as always
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by BCISLTD: 11:56am On Nov 21, 2015
It's a weekend. ..if u own a bikini...let's go swimming.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by nouvelle(f): 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
This thread was heating up last night, at some point I logged on and saw 85 new messages.

I took my time and read it all and I have a few observations both from the main discussion of yesterday and generally.

Ok, so some people think the thread is not achieving it's purpose, my question to those that think s‎o is, did you take your time to read the previous pages and catch up? Did you read the part where Siamia the OP specified the purpose of the thread. I applaud fourfunmi because she read all the previous pages and she made up her mind she wanted to be on the thread, I mention her because when she read it all she said so, I don't know if others did.

The OP specified that this thread was for people to mingle and talk in peace without the mud slinging and fights, cheap talk and petty behaviour that happen‎ on other threads and for me, this was the first thread I saw fit to comment on on NL, then she went on to say that in the process if anyone catches your fancy, feel free to state your intentions and move to the next level.

It's a pity the thread was brought to hook up section hence some people just walk in to drop phone numbers, bbpins and throw words around as if the women here are desperate, like it's a restaurant and you can just order up what you want, as if it's not important to create atleast a rapport first. Where are our manners, Nawa o. ‎

For those who said the thread is 'dry', I'd assume that if a thread is 'dry', you'd just do a waka pass and let the people there be (that's what I do) or if you feel it's 'dry' and you have ways to make it 'wet', instead of just talking about it, lead by example by that I mean, don't just say do it this way or that instead actually DO it the way you feel is better, if people see it as a welcome idea, they'd join in, I think that's kinda how the thread has been so far. I've seen people sit back, kick off their shoes and actually gist

Then the part about feeling the ladies on the thread form, I'd say that personally I feel that the pms some ladies ignored are pms that came from unknown monikers, when I started commenting on this thread, I got a request from a moniker I hadn't seen here, when I looked the person's NL history up, I didn't see any link, I didn't accept it I must confess‎ but then my status is different anyways. We all have our different personalities: online and real life. Some people naturally are very open, others are reserved, some people are naturally private as well and I think it should be respected. I really doubt it that people who have been conversing here will ignore pms. My point here is have a convo first at least a hi hello, so when you send a request, the lady can tell who it's from.

Besides ddshow talked about a get together and some people have indicated interest, I think it's progress, my suggestion is that ddshow actually follows through with the plan and that people turn up, that way, the purpose of the thread is being achieved.

That said, my guys in the house, if you fancy a lady here, do the needful so the ladies have somthin' somethin' to look forward to for the get together. Then let me quote toks2008, the ghost mode thingy will be unnerving for hook up. So I'd toe the line of toks2008 and say it'd be nice if people put up their pictures for a short while when they join (or even afterwards briefly on request and take it down again) for people to see them, we human beings are visual oriented. A lot of people put up the pictures on NL for the first time because of this thread, OP included. The reason I never put mine up is because of my status and I was sidelining as well.

Stingy missbronze that wants the okpa to herself alone, thank you o, I sight your long throat o, meanwhile have you noticed a moniker similar to yours on NL, missbronzy(sorry missbronzy for mentioning you here o)‎.

Magneto, I like your open mindedness.

Udysweet, I wish say I get someone to hook you up with, me likey you. Hugs.‎

Sorry, for the epistle, it's just my 2 kobo.‎

6 Likes

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by henryhemon(m): 12:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
nouvelle:
This thread was heating up last night, at some point I logged on and saw 85 new messages.

I took my time and read it all and I have a few observations both from the main discussion of yesterday and generally.

Ok, so some people think the thread is not achieving it's purpose, my question to those that think s‎o is, did you take your time to read the previous pages and catch up? Did you read the part where Siamia the OP specified the purpose of the thread. I applaud fourfunmi because she read all the previous pages and she made up her mind she wanted to be on the thread, I mention her because when she read it all she said so, I don't know if others did.

The OP specified that this thread was for people to mingle and talk in peace without the mud slinging and fights, cheap talk and petty behaviour that happen‎ on other threads and for me, this was the first thread I saw fit to comment on on NL, then she went on to say that in the process if anyone catches your fancy, feel free to state your intentions and move to the next level.

It's a pity the thread was brought to hook up section hence some people just walk in to drop phone numbers, bbpins and throw words around as if the women here are desperate, like it's a restaurant and you can just order up what you want, as if it's not important to create atleast a rapport first. Where are our manners, Nawa o. ‎

For those who said the thread is 'dry', I'd assume that if a thread is 'dry', you'd just do a waka pass and let the people there be (that's what I do) or if you feel it's 'dry' and you have ways to make it 'wet', instead of just talking about it, lead by example by that I mean, don't just say do it this way or that instead actually DO it the way you feel is better, if people see it as a welcome idea, they'd join in, I think that's kinda how the thread has been so far. I've seen people sit back, kick off their shoes and actually gist

Then the part about feeling the ladies on the thread form, I'd say that personally I feel that the pms some ladies ignored are pms that came from unknown monikers, when I started commenting on this thread, I got a request from a moniker I hadn't seen here, when I looked the person's NL history up, I didn't see any link, I didn't accept it I must confess‎ but then my status is different anyways. We all have our different personalities: online and real life. Some people naturally are very open, others are reserved, some people are naturally private as well and I think it should be respected. I really doubt it that people who have been conversing here will ignore pms. My point here is have a convo first at least a hi hello, so when you send a request, the lady can tell who it's from.

Besides ddshow talked about a get together and some people have indicated interest, I think it's progress, my suggestion is that ddshow actually follows through with the plan and that people turn up, that way, the purpose of the thread is being achieved.

That said, my guys in the house, if you fancy a lady here, do the needful so the ladies have somthin' somethin' to look forward to for the get together. Then let me quote toks2008, the ghost mode thingy will be unnerving for hook up. So I'd toe the line of toks2008 and say it'd be nice if people put up their pictures for a short while when they join (or even afterwards briefly on request and take it down again) for people to see them, we human beings are visual oriented. A lot of people put up the pictures on NL for the first time because of this thread, OP included. The reason I never put mine up is because of my status and I was sidelining as well.

Stingy missbronze that wants the okpa to herself alone, thank you o, I sight your long throat o, meanwhile have you noticed a moniker similar to yours on NL, missbronzy.

There are very few matured people on Nl.

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
grin @nouvelle.

I saw that moniker ooo, leave her, na my namesake for Nl.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by blessedbeads(f): 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2015
BCISLTD:
It's a weekend. ..if u own a bikini...let's go swimming.
oya let's go dere
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by blessedbeads(f): 1:27pm On Nov 21, 2015
magneto:
Happy weekend o, my beautiful people!!! Magneto loves u all very much...oya show me in ur own special way dat u love me too! kiss kiss grin
blessbeads dey also hail u ,hw d weekend and hope it cool over dere
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Melsan: 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2015
magneto:
melsan sends love too grin
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
magneto:
grin.

you are loved baby.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 21, 2015
melsan love.
shey kosi?
shey wa ok?

make I no bite my tongue speaking Yoruba.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by BCISLTD: 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2015
blessedbeads:
oya let's go dere

Pm
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by blessedbeads(f): 2:57pm On Nov 21, 2015
kiss yea
BCISLTD:

Pm
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 21, 2015
halexito:

Aww.....night tinz. How was your night @work? Me bronze of a girl?
fine dear.

How your weekend paroles?

Shebi that aunty don come for weekend? tongue.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Melsan: 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2015
missbronze:
melsan love.

shey kosi?

shey wa ok?

make I no bite my tongue speaking Yoruba.
lol...you try with the Yoruba naaaa...mi wa okay dearie,been busy ni jare.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by halexito(m): 5:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
missbronze:
fine dear.
How your weekend paroles?

Shebi that aunty don come for weekend? tongue.
Aunty?! Lol. Not that kind of injury @ all. I'm sadly as single as the sun in the sky.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Toks2008(m): 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2015
It is with a heavy heart that i bring to you all the passing on to glory of the mum of viviaciousvivi who is one of us here.

MAY HER GENTLE SOUL REST IN THE BOSSOM OF GOD...

Take heart dear and we all pray that God grants you and every member of the family the fortitude to bear her exit from this earth.

AMEN
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by gratefulme40: 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
Toks2008:
It is with a heavy heart that i bring to you all the passing on to glory of the mum of viviaciousvivi who is one of us here.

Take heart dear and we all pray that God grants you and every member of the family the fortitude to bear her exit from this earth.

AMEN

So sorry viviacousvivi
I really do not have the right words to console you.
I pray that the Lord will console you and give you the grace to go through this period

Its well.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Melsan: 6:09pm On Nov 21, 2015
@viviaciousvivi..accept my condolence,may her soul rest in peace..the Holy spirit,the comforter will be with you and all yours throughout this period and forever.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 21, 2015
viviaciousvivi, I really understand what you are going tru now. No amount of sorry will lessen the pains of such loss.

I experienced it two months ago, and the pain is still in my heart.

But, like everyone said to me, time heals all wound. And, I know time will also heal yours.

Take hrt sweet, be strong.

And, may her soul rest in peace.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by blessedbeads(f): 6:19pm On Nov 21, 2015
Toks2008:

AMEN
@vivianiousvivi accept my condolence ,may the good lord grant u and ur family the heart to bear the lost ,and may her soul gentle soul rest in peace...

Take heart dear
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by udysweet(f): 7:14pm On Nov 21, 2015
Hey people! Happy evening to you all.
Lemme 1st stat by saying my heartfelt condolences goes out to vivaciousvivi on d loss of her dear mum,I ask dat d good Lord grant u and ur family the fortitude to bear dis huge loss. I've been der and knows how it feels,dat vacuum can never be filled. Take heart sis.
@nouvelle,as usual uav been sweet.I've made a few sincere NL female frnds both thru biz and by jus interactions,I make it bold to say u top d list*smiles*thanks for ur gud wishes towards me,God bless*hugs*
@fourfunmi,we're togeda o,sis.No segregation at all,lol!
@magneto,hapy weekend to u too dear,hop ur enjoyin it too? @halexito,sight u too bro
@Missbronze as nouvelle said,I saw dat moniker too o,lol!
@myminder,hope uav com to fully stay wit us now and accept us jus as we are sha? Will look at ur posts later and answer mine,lol!
@blessedbeads,@gratefulme40@bleble@melsan@bcisltd@henryhemon@neoapocalypse@sparkles003@fleeky@ddshow@toks2008@klassik @sonofaman and finnaly @op,I wish everyone a wonderful weekend
Pls pardon me if I ddnt state ur name,dis ones I jus mnaged to cram in my head. And d head sef right now,is aching,dunno if its wats called stress headache or migraine but honestly its not a good feeling. Had dis for abt 3days now,to d right side of my face. Meds not working. I'm gonna stat by taking off my braids 1st,let's see if that wld ease it otherwise Doc straight,lol!
But hey guys let's not allow my wahala bug anyone o,y'all hav fun jare,lol
And to those at d sidelines and ghost mode peeps as toks wld refer to dem,mak una show una face jo,lol!
Ok ,am out. Be back to read comments later*muah!* kiss kiss
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by blessedbeads(f): 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2015
udysweet:
Hey people! Happy evening to you all.
Lemme 1st stat by saying my heartfelt condolences goes out to vivaciousvivi on d loss of her dear mum,I ask dat d good Lord grant u and ur family the fortitude to bear dis huge loss. I've been der and knows how it feels,dat vacuum can never be filled. Take heart sis.
@nouvelle,as usual uav been sweet.I've made a few sincere NL female frnds both thru biz and by jus interactions,I make it bold to say u top d list*smiles*thanks for ur gud wishes towards me,God bless*hugs*
@fourfunmi,we're togeda o,sis.No segregation at all,lol!
@magneto,hapy weekend to u too dear,hop ur enjoyin it too? @halexito,sight u too bro
@Missbronze as nouvelle said,I saw dat moniker too o,lol!
@myminder,hope uav com to fully stay wit us now and accept us jus as we are sha? Will look at ur posts later and answer mine,lol!
@blessedbeads,@gratefulme40@bleble@melsan@bcisltd@henryhemon@neoapocalypse@sparkles003@fleeky@ddshow@toks2008@klassik @sonofaman and finnaly @op,I wish everyone a wonderful weekend
Pls pardon me if I ddnt state ur name,dis ones I jus mnaged to cram in my head. And d head sef right now,is aching,dunno if its wats called stress headache or migraine but honestly its not a good feeling. Had dis for abt 3days now,to d right side of my face. Meds not working. I'm gonna stat by taking off my braids 1st,let's see if that wld ease it otherwise Doc straight,lol!
But hey guys let's not allow my wahala bug anyone o,y'all hav fun jare,lol
And to those at d sidelines and ghost mode peeps as toks wld refer to dem,mak una show una face jo,lol!
Ok ,am out. Be back to read comments later*muah!* kiss kiss
@udysweet wonderful weekend also from my heart ...
Concerning the headache ,may be u don over stress ur self ,rest wella

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by ddshow(m): 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
Greetings to everyone. I want to believe our weekend is going pretty well.

My deepest sympathies to Viviaciousvivi and her family on the loss. May God give you the comfort and peace that you seek and may the soul of your loved one rest in peace.

I also pray the love of God enfolds you during your journey through grief.

I send you thoughts of comfort.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by magneto(m): 9:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
nouvelle:

Awww ur such a darling... muchas gracias my dear! I hope the good gentleman reminds u tonight of how awesome u truly are. wink wink
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by magneto(m): 9:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
blessedbeads:
blessbeads dey also hail u ,hw d weekend and hope it cool over dere

Tanx swithrt, d weekend has been very pleasant. I decided to take myself out to a nice fish and bottle ministry, to unwind and smoothen some rough edges...nah mean? wink
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by magneto(m): 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2015
Melsan:
melsan sends love too grin
Yes, yes, yes...I receive it with joy! Te amor signorita kiss kiss kiss
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by magneto(m): 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
missbronze:
grin.

you are loved baby.

Mmmmmm....now I can sleep in bliss! Love u too sexy mama cat *meow* *grrrrr* cheesy cool kiss kiss
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by xkris11(m): 9:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
nouvelle:

Stingy missbronze that wants the okpa to herself alone, thank you o, I sight your long throat o, meanwhile have you noticed a moniker similar to yours on NL, missbronzy(sorry missbronzy for mentioning you here o)‎.

2 Kobo indeed.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by magneto(m): 9:57pm On Nov 21, 2015
Toks2008:

AMEN

Oh no dis is truly sad. RIP mum, u left a good legacy behind in ur precious daughter. Take heart vivaciousvivi, God is with u now and always. Sorry for ur loss sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (138) (Reply)

I Need A Sugar Mummy Urgently / Meet New Cool People And Just Make Friends / Best 10 International Online Dating Sites Of 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.