Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... - Dating And Meet-up Zone (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... (226452 Views)

ABUJA, Ladies And Single Mums Can Contact For Hook-up / Single? Let's Mingle / If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by ddshow(m): 11:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
missbronze:
No. but, works in a hospital.

Ohk...work well

Toks2008:

Yeah they do that and on several occasions some guys have chatted with me on watsup and complained about this.
I am good sis, how you dey?

I don't want to believe this. The ladies here are not extremely hard in my view, its we guys that a little laid back in our approach maybe.

If a guys sole intention is to hookup without engaging in any form of conversation, I can bet he'll be disappointed. There should always be a form of open interaction before going private.

So you may not necessarily blame any lady that avoid PM's.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by magneto(m): 11:49pm On Nov 20, 2015
MYMINDER:
Ladies is being able to make an enjoyable conversation with your partner a prerequisite to romantic bliss? Can someone tickle your fancy despite not having much to talk about? Is informal silence golden?

Your thoughts...

Glad u decided to 'intellectualize' here after all. Well ur question goes to the ladies so I'll just wait to hear their responses.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by fourfunmi: 12:04am On Nov 21, 2015
Hmmmm.....
I read a lot of posts, Plenty intelligent people on this thread speaking their minds.
I believe this thread was created for us to rub minds, discuss issues, etcheterem etcheterem...and if anyone catches your fancy, get to know him/her.
Its true we are single and very ready to mingle; but I'm sure we want to mingle with who we feel we have a connection with...
A lot of people are dissapointed because they think this is a date-party.
@MYMINDER , you have spoken well and I get you.... I can also see that you have posted a couple of topics for discourse which is a good thing so as to encourage participation and avoid boredom/idle-talks. A lot of people are watching from the sidelines and they await that special/interesting push to draw them in.
I have a lot to say but I really do get you...and you have done well.

About your topic: I doubt the possiblity of a lasting relationship with someone I can't relate with intellectually....there should be balance...I won't compromise on that bcz it'll simply drive me crazy! We should have something to talk about, infact an enjoyable conversation is part of romantic bliss!

@Toks2008 , you and your Ghostmode peeps...lolz...many still love to hide under the anonymity of this forum which I doubt is possible bcz I've had a die-hard st**ker trace me from my moniker to my email, whatapp, instagram, facebook, even office mail...I was so scared! Then I started taking extra precautionary methods.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by magneto(m): 12:11am On Nov 21, 2015
ddshow:

Ohk...work well

I don't want to believe this. The ladies here are not extremely hard in my view, its we guys that a little laid back in our approach maybe.

If a guys sole intention is to hookup without engaging in any form of conversation, I can bet he'll be disappointed. There should always be a form of open interaction before going private.

I agree wit u, the ladies here are nice. I do believe some of dem just wanna hookup wit no long conversation thing tho. As for me I'm finally enjoying my nairaland time out. Who knows maybe I'll fall for one of our sexy hot bombshells sooner or later. #teamlaidbackalltheway
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by fourfunmi: 12:19am On Nov 21, 2015
God bless you for this comment @ddshow

The day I joined this forum, I said my hi and hello then gbam! I had mails shocked I was worried that why are these people try to reach me in private when the topic says let's meet here...I felt somehow and was tempted to run away.
These people don't know me yet, infact, I haven't had any conversation...nada!
I didn't accept it...I went back and started reading the thread from the first page to know what is acceptable.
After a few liners, I saw a couple of requests from monikers that I knew were from this thread and I gladly accepted.

@Toks2008, we aint hard o! Biko why are we here? Lolz... Just that some guys are not trying.
Let those guys try having an open conversation first before trying to 'corner' the babe.

ddshow:

Ohk...work well

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by blessedbeads(f): 5:35am On Nov 21, 2015
choix007:

I nu fit vex dear, thanks.

How r u?
good mrn ?I am good

And hope ur sleep was very sweet?
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by blessedbeads(f): 5:40am On Nov 21, 2015
Good morning ,hope we all had a sound sleep?
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by choix007(m): 5:47am On Nov 21, 2015
blessedbeads:
good mrn ?I am good

And hope ur sleep was very sweet?

Gd morn darl,

Yea sure the night was brief but awesome.
How was urs?

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by blessedbeads(f): 5:50am On Nov 21, 2015
choix007:

Gd morn darl,

Yea sure the night was brief but awesome.
How was urs?
yea mine ,To God be all the glory
I am still lying down shall ...
How is the weekend going?
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by choix007(m): 5:51am On Nov 21, 2015
Good Morning Everyone,

Trust we all had a splendid night rest and for those on night shift, I believe work has been great... MuchLove

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by choix007(m): 5:54am On Nov 21, 2015
blessedbeads:
yea mine ,To God be all the glory
I am still lying down shall ...
How is the weekend going?

Same here, no light.
Dear, the weekend is on a low key but thus far, it has been fulfilling.
Ow was d sweet dream u had?

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by blessedbeads(f): 6:01am On Nov 21, 2015
choix007:

Same here, no light.
Dear, the weekend is on a low key but thus far, it has been fulfilling.
Ow was d sweet dream u had?
sweet dream ,hahahaha none
?
?
?
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by choix007(m): 6:03am On Nov 21, 2015
blessedbeads:
sweet dream ,hahahaha none
?
?
?

Oops! Tot u had one. How's d weekend over dia?
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by BCISLTD: 7:05am On Nov 21, 2015
blessedbeads:
embarassed really?

Yeah really
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by fleeky(f): 7:11am On Nov 21, 2015
MYMINDER:

You are too young to understand my contributions. The above 30s can see it. When you get to 30 maybe you will also. Cheers

Let's see whether you can respond without going on a personalised tirade.
Oldie, why don't u understand simple English?? there's no difference between you and the teens here, why can't u simply get off my mentions?? Is it a difficult task? You're singing your "above 30 praises like you have achieved a lot" how has your old age helped you? How has it helped nairalanders?? How has it helped Nigerians? How has it helped the nation?..I know your type, na nairaland dem dey get mouth. you still have loads of growing up to do Mr 30 something
Keep seeking a 2years old girl's attention.

Silence is the best answer!
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by blessedbeads(f): 7:23am On Nov 21, 2015
BCISLTD:

Yeah really
good mrn ,hope u had a sound sleep and hw is d weekend
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by blessedbeads(f): 7:23am On Nov 21, 2015
choix007:

Oops! Tot u had one. How's d weekend over dia?
the weekend no bad here lagos
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by choix007(m): 8:06am On Nov 21, 2015
blessedbeads:
the weekend no bad here lagos

Same here in Benin, good things coming our way dis weekend
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Sparkles003(f): 8:24am On Nov 21, 2015
Toks2008:

I really dont know where you are getting these ideas from..This thread was never created primarily for hook up but to discus mature issues hence the title "lets talk"

So i guess its because one silly mod moved it to meet up or hook up zone hence your perception.

toks lets be real when this thread was created it primary purpose was for hookup anyway which every way anyone see the term hookup cos the key word is "single"
why do you think some just drop numbers and bbpins.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by MYMINDER(m): 8:35am On Nov 21, 2015
Sparkles003:

toks lets be real when this thread was created it primary purpose was for hookup anyway which every way anyone see the term hookup cos the key word is "single"

Good to know you see where I am coming from with my assertion. I do believe the hookup focus in the thread title has stifled the thread and sent it into a funk.

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Sparkles003(f): 8:35am On Nov 21, 2015
MYMINDER:
Ladies is being able to make an enjoyable conversation with your partner a prerequisite to romantic bliss? Can someone tickle your fancy despite not having much to talk about? Is informal silence golden?

Your thoughts...
forget romantic bliss.
communication is what keeps both parties going.
cos it is only tru communication that you get to really know each other it is important in relationships as it allows us to share interests, aspirations and concerns, to support each other, to organise our lives and make decisions, communicate.dislikes.wants,desires.capability,e.t.c
cos after the romance if there is no form of communication the relationship is boring.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Toks2008(m): 8:35am On Nov 21, 2015
fourfunmi:
God bless you for this comment @ddshow

The day I joined this forum, I said my hi and hello then gbam! I had mails shocked I was worried that why are these people try to reach me in private when the topic says let's meet here...I felt somehow and was tempted to run away.
These people don't know me yet, infact, I haven't had any conversation...nada!
I didn't accept it...I went back and started reading the thread from the first page to know what is acceptable.
After a few liners, I saw a couple of requests from monikers that I knew were from this thread and I gladly accepted.

@Toks2008, we aint hard o! Biko why are we here? Lolz... Just that some guys are not trying.
Let those guys try having an open conversation first before trying to 'corner' the babe.

At least i can relate with the fact that you are real even if your profile pics is not really you...this is my point,we can't form a closer friendship with someone we don't even have a clue of how he or she looks and i see this thread like an ofline community where you can't start approaching every one for a personal friendship without first seeing the person so trust me, if you join this thread and we can't even view you then its apparent that you are not ready to interact be it on the surface or closer level.

Do you know that some guys will never parley on a deeper level with fair ladies while some will say if you are not fair they can't even be your close friend. A lady once told me she does not relate with a guy that has a certain look and stuffs like that..yes right here we can relate and discuss even if you are a ghost but then we must also understand that it is baseless to just yap and yap without creating a close friendship with at least one person of the opposite sex and i still maintain that without first seeing the way you look,it will be hard to get the attention of anyone and this is not about desperation but a normal thing to do.

The weirdest part to it is that even on watsup some ladies still remain anonymous and i wonder who is after them and i even get scared of anyone who is scared of uploading his or her pics on social media cos most times,these people have something sinister about their personality..trust me on this.

2 Likes

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Toks2008(m): 8:39am On Nov 21, 2015
Sparkles003:

I was on this thread the very few minutes it was created and we must understand the fact that even if there is a secondary aim of hooking up,the primary purpose as postulated by the creator was for us to meet and talk just as the title suggested then maybe hooking up can come up and i believe this is healthy enough so yes hooking up is sacrosanct considereing the fact that singles are involved but we must never forget that the primary purpose is to interact(talk) and this is why we come hard on anyone who comes in here to just dropo numbers or make funny request...
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Sparkles003(f): 8:43am On Nov 21, 2015
[quote author=MYMINDER post=40247876]

Good to know you see where I am coming from with my assertion. I do believe the hookup focus in the thread title has stifled the thread and sent it into a
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Sparkles003(f): 8:44am On Nov 21, 2015
MYMINDER:

Good to know you see where I am coming from with my assertion. I do believe the hookup focus in the thread title has stifled the thread and sent it into a funk.
i wish i knew where your coming from but honestly u don't. wink
the hookup focus did not stifle the thread rather it has enable some people to meet with great minds which on normal nairaland parole they would not have noticed.i belive some have formed friendship that could be of benefit to both parties.
just cos your not open to the hookup part bout it does not mean others are not
so i would ask that you view the thread with an open mind.

2 Likes

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Toks2008(m): 8:49am On Nov 21, 2015
fourfunmi:
Hmmmm.....
I read a lot of posts, Plenty intelligent people on this thread speaking their minds.
I believe this thread was created for us to rub minds, discuss issues, etcheterem etcheterem...and if anyone catches your fancy, get to know him/her.
Its true we are single and very ready to mingle; but I'm sure we want to mingle with who we feel we have a connection with...
A lot of people are dissapointed because they think this is a date-party.
@MYMINDER , you have spoken well and I get you.... I can also see that you have posted a couple of topics for discourse which is a good thing so as to encourage participation and avoid boredom/idle-talks. A lot of people are watching from the sidelines and they await that special/interesting push to draw them in.
I have a lot to say but I really do get you...and you have done well.

About your topic: I doubt the possiblity of a lasting relationship with someone I can't relate with intellectually....there should be balance...I won't compromise on that bcz it'll simply drive me crazy! We should have something to talk about, infact an enjoyable conversation is part of romantic bliss!

@Toks2008 , you and your Ghostmode peeps...lolz...many still love to hide under the anonymity of this forum which I doubt is possible bcz I've had a die-hard st**ker trace me from my moniker to my email, whatapp, instagram, facebook, even office mail...I was so scared! Then I started taking extra precautionary methods.

Honestly i cant reconcile it..maybe by virtue of being a politician i see no reason why i had to hide my identity cos to me this is not a faceless forum...i have never duped anyone in my 4 decades of existence neither do i have one secret to hide infarct my life is an open book and even if you ask me to give you the number of my ex(es) to know me from their perspective, you will be impressed.

So in like manner i believe this should hold true for anyone who has a clean record and when you strat hiding your identity,i fear you so much and i distant myself from such and this is the honest truth.

Check my comments here and you will see that i hardly respond to comments from ladies or guys i have never seen because to me..they do not exist and this is why i will never send a pm to anyone i have not seen his or her profile pics.

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by MYMINDER(m): 9:32am On Nov 21, 2015
@sparkles003 when something is pushed to the edge from the outset, it kills the excitement and expected uncertainty. If I do a pool party and title it "bare as you dare" and everyone turns up naked, the purpose is defeated.

The hookup implied focus has not allowed many people to participate innocently without inhibition. Yes, some people are interacting, but, many more would have if the thread said let us get to know ourselves within a defined age bracket. Soft landings are typically preferable to hard landings.

MY MIND as always
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Sparkles003(f): 10:04am On Nov 21, 2015
fleeky:
Oldie, why don't u understand simple English?? there's no difference between you and the teens here, why can't u simply get off my mentions?? Is it a difficult task? You're singing your "above 30 praises like you have achieved a lot" how has your old age helped you? How has it helped nairalanders?? How has it helped Nigerians? How has it helped the nation?..I know your type, na nairaland dem dey get mouth. you still have loads of growing up to do Mr 30 something
Keep seeking a 2years old girl's attention.

Silence is the best answer!

"Silence is the best answer"
Always act and do wat you type or say.
you replied

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by fleeky(f): 10:15am On Nov 21, 2015
Sparkles003:

"Silence is the best answer"
Always act and do wat you type or say.
you replied
And where did I reply after I made that statement "Silence is the best answer". Kindly quote and paste "the reply you saw from me" angry
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Sparkles003(f): 10:23am On Nov 21, 2015
fleeky:
And where did I reply after I made that statement "Silence is the best answer". Kindly quote and paste "the reply you saw from me" angry
why u dey vex na.
just in a playful mood.
oya no vex
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by halexito(m): 11:06am On Nov 21, 2015
missbronze:
No. but, works in a hospital.
Aww.....night tinz. How was your night @work? Me bronze of a girl?
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by magneto(m): 11:31am On Nov 21, 2015
MYMINDER:
@sparkles003 when something is pushed to the edge from the outset, it kills the excitement and expected uncertainty. If I do a pool party and title it "bare as you dare" and everyone turns up naked, the purpose is defeated.

The hookup implied focus has not allowed many people to participate innocently without inhibition. Yes, some people are interacting, but, many more would have if the thread said let us get to know ourselves within a defined age bracket. Soft landings are typically preferable to hard landings.

MY MIND as always
Bros I understand ur reasoning but can't seem to grasp its relevance to the situation on the thread. Yes there's an implied hookup focus which is certainly appropriate for such a mature gathering of singles. There's no cogent reason why any kind of 'soft landing' should be considered because nobody is hounding, intimidating, or scaring anyone away. If ur 30 and above, ur welcome to join and participate anyway u so choose (of cos displaying ur supposed maturity). Let the hookup minded ppl hookup in peace and let the intellectual minded ppl discuss in peace... At d end of d day everyone is happy, don't u think?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (138) (Reply)

I Need A Sugar Mummy Urgently / Meet New Cool People And Just Make Friends / Best 10 International Online Dating Sites Of 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.