Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Dilemma - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dilemma (11409 Views)

I Am In An Emotional Dilemma. Please Help! / My Dilemma With A Married Woman I Encountered In My Office / A Must Read.. 'a Story Called Dilemma'..a Nightmare On My 2go Girlfriends Visit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dilemma by abbssx(f): 9:30pm On Oct 03, 2015
@ronald4lif thanks again for the advice. Once bitten twice shy. Sometimes you just have to experience it. Experience the say is the best teacher.

Never again. Will avoid such men from today onwards. Will just stick to what I know and what works
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2015
why don't u pray about this. the guy might be for real, jst follow ur hrt

1 Like

Re: Dilemma by AfroKnight: 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:

There's only 24hrs in a day, woman! grin You have about 3 hrs left to finish this novel, if not, then it becomes yesterday's news. Hurry up!

grin grin
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 03, 2015
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2015
abbssx:

Nobody forced you to read it. You should have rather just ignored it. Next time please do so
People like you never come out of "dilemmas" unscathed because of their failure to adhere to advice. I am in no mood to deal with mooncalves so i leave you to your nescience.
Re: Dilemma by abbssx(f): 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:

I understand what you mean. So have you spoken since the break up? Can you please take me on how you broke up. Like, what led to it?

Well he sends me messages still here and there.

We'll it got to a point where trust became a problem. I didn't trust him and sometimes we would fight. One day we had a big fight. He was very upset. He told me he was tired of always feeling like a criminal. He hates being accused wrongly of things that he is not guilty off and I told him I also am tired of this thing. Truth is I don't trust him and I don't enjoy always thinking wrongly of him. So we both came to agreement that we should end things if that is the case. He wanted us to remain friends but I told him that I need time to first get over this. I still see him around I mean we don't live far apart from each other. He still sends me messages though asking how I am etc. Sometimes when I meet his friends they are like what have I done to their friend. He has changed etc etc. A lot of people knew we were dating. He used to tell like a lot of people. Sometimes he would get a call from his friends in Dublin they also knew about us. I used to speak to his sister in Spain. She is also married to a guy from my Country so when we broke up she called me to ask me why. He also wanted me to come to his hometown in Nigeria this December hols. I only told him I loved him back after 8 months in the relationship even though he used to tell it to me constantly
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:

I understand what you mean. So have you spoken since the break up? Can you please take me on how you broke up. Like, what led to it?
You want to learn one or more tricks. Bwahaha... That won't work on smart guys. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPxVSCfoYnU?list=PL2Gk-Cv0GeBrXHdhvojdeMA2AEC53NZPo
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 03, 2015
abbssx:

Well he sends me messages still here and there.

We'll it got to a point where trust became a problem. I didn't trust him and sometimes we would fight. One day we had a big fight. He was very upset. He told me he was tired of always feeling like a criminal. He hates being accused wrongly of things that he is not guilty off and I told him I also am tired of this thing. Truth is I don't trust him and I don't enjoy always thinking wrongly of him. So we both came to agreement that we should end things if that is the case. He wanted us to remain friends but I told him that I need time to first get over this. I still see him around I mean we don't live far apart from each other. He still sends me messages though asking how I am etc. Sometimes when I meet his friends they are like what have I done to their friend. He has changed etc etc. A lot of people knew we were dating. He used to tell like a lot of people. Sometimes he would get a call from his friends in Dublin they also knew about us. I used to speak to his sister in Spain. She is also married to a guy from my Country so when we broke up she called me to ask me why. He also wanted me to come to his hometown in Nigeria this December hols. I only told him I loved him back after 8 months in the relationship even though he used to tell it to me constantly

lol @ his friends saying he has changed. He's stressing about papers so why wouldn't he? grin Rubbish! Just don't be guilt tripped into anything you don't feel comfortable doing. This does sound all romantic & ish, however, there's still a funny stench to it. How long did he date his Nigerian "ex"? How come he didn't wanna marry HER? Nah, something just doesn't add up. I'll suggest you just take it very slow, open your eyes & see where the friendship leads.
Re: Dilemma by Slimzjoe(m): 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2015
abbssx:

Tough nuts do Crack too eventually embarassed cry.

Well, they are the Easiest....all they need is Much more Attention

Re: Dilemma by SemuhleB(f): 9:58pm On Oct 03, 2015
Some women will never learn. If the fact that he is Nigerian and an illegal immigrant does not make you run, then I dunno what will.

My advice move on. You will never ever be able to trust him so what's the point. You don't want to be one of those ladies who come and cry here about these men using you for green card! Do not let it get to the stage of from frying pan to fire!
Re: Dilemma by AfroKnight: 10:00pm On Oct 03, 2015
Abbssx, I think this guy was genuinely attracted to you in the beginning. For him to be able to break up with you, that shows yours is like any normal relationship. You've been too hard on him.

Do you truly love him?

3 Likes

Re: Dilemma by AfroKnight: 10:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
Re: Dilemma by abbssx(f): 10:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:

lol @ his friends saying he has changed. He's stressing about papers so why wouldn't he? grin Rubbish! Just don't be guilt tripped into anything you don't feel comfortable doing. This does sound all romantic & ish, however, there's still a funny stench to it. How long did he date his Nigerian "ex"? How come he didn't wanna marry HER? Nah, something just doesn't add up. I'll suggest you just take it very slow, open your eyes & see where the friendship leads.

Nah its either I am in or out. I am out the only time it will work is if he sorts out his papers first but most likely by that time it may be too late. I have made peace with it now. It was not as easy to break up but it was for the best
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 03, 2015
SemuhleB:
Some women will never learn. If the fact that he is Nigerian and an illegal immigrant does not make you run, then I dunno what will.

My advice move on. You will never ever be able to trust him so what's the point. You don't want to be one of those ladies who come and cry here about these men using you for green card! Do not let it get to the stage of from frying pan to fire!
Oh, please...! There is no perfect world. Stop demonizing Nigerian men. On the record, I think Nigerian men are better than South African men.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma by abbssx(f): 10:06pm On Oct 03, 2015
AfroKnight:
Abbssx, I think this guy was genuinely attracted to you in the beginning. For him to be able to break up with you, that shows yours is like any normal relationship. You've been too hard on him.

Do you truly love him?

This relationship was very difficult for me because I was not able to let go completely because of the thoughts ( paper issues). I didn't want to get hurt so I did not allow myself to be completely open.

Initially I thought I just had feelings for him. I said even if we broke up I won't die but only later on in our relationship did I realize how strong I felt after the first time we broke up. We got back together but this issue still did not go away.

He also showed me some BBM conversation he had with his girl from Nigeria in which he told her that he has met someone else. The girl was very distraught but maybe that was fake too. I dunno
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2015
abbssx:

Nah its either I am in or out. I am out the only time it will work is if he sorts out his papers first but most likely by that time it may be too late. I have made peace with it now. It was not as easy to break up but it was for the best

By "friendship" I meant what you're currently doing, keeping in touch. What do you call it? LOL! Anyway, whatever it is, just continue with it because from the feel of it, it appears like there's still unfinished business on both sides. You can always bang him out of your system, works like a charm grin Hahaha. Just joking. Well good luck, girl. Love is complicated hey
Re: Dilemma by abbssx(f): 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:

By "friendship" I meant what you're currently doing, keeping in touch. What do you call it? LOL! Anyway, whatever it is, just continue with it because from the feel of it, it appears like there's still unfinished business on both sides. You can always bang him out of your system, works like a charm grin Hahaha. Just joking. Well good luck, girl. Love is complicated hey
Oh I see lol. Love is really indeed complicated and I just seem to be getting that. First relationship different countries which is another complication all together. Now I meet a guy who does not have his docs and now another complication. Can't I just get a break. The ironic part was when I met him it had not been too long since my last relationship ended and I just wanted a break just to remain single and be happy.

Banging him outa my system I think that would be the opposite in my case embarassed
Re: Dilemma by SemuhleB(f): 10:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
all4naija:

Oh, please...! There is no perfect world. Stop demonizing Nigerian men. On the record, I think Nigerian men are better than South African men.
Don't start here please angry
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
abbssx:

This relationship was very difficult for me because I was not able to let go completely because of the thoughts ( paper issues). I didn't want to get hurt so I did not allow myself to be completely open.

Initially I thought I just had feelings for him. I said even if we broke up I won't die but only later on in our relationship did I realize how strong I felt after the first time we broke up. We got back together but this issue still did not go away.

He also showed me some BBM conversation he had with his girl from Nigeria in which he told her that he has met someone else. The girl was very distraught but maybe that was fake too. I dunno
Please, forget about the dude for goodness sake. So that tomorrow you won't regret blaming all Nigerian men. It is often a common thing with AmaZulu women. Life goes on. If you can't fix the documentation requirement for him then you have nothing to offer to help him in that area when it matters the most. It is good both of you separate and move on. It is not the end of the world!

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
SemuhleB:
Don't start here please angry
But... your previous post is not encouraging at all.
Re: Dilemma by abbssx(f): 10:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
all4naija:

Please, forget about the dude for goodness sake. [b]So that tomorrow you won't regret blaming all Nigerian men. [/b]It is often a common thing with AmaZulu women. Life goes on. If you can't fix the documentation requirement for him then you have nothing to offer to help him in that area when it matters the most. It is good both of you separate and move on. It is not the end of the world!

You are funny.
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
abbssx:

Oh I see lol. Love is really indeed complicated and I just seem to be getting that. First relationship different countries which is another complication all together. Now I meet a guy who does not have his docs and now another complication. Can't I just get a break. The ironic part was when I met him it had not been too long since my last relationship ended and I just wanted a break just to remain single and be happy.

Banging him outa my system I think that would be the opposite in my case embarassed

Awwww sad He must have been great grin But yeah, I feel for you. Now please tell me about the other guy, how did you meet if you were in different countries? Just curious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
abbssx:

You are funny.
I am... for telling you the hard truth.
Re: Dilemma by AfroKnight: 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
abbssx:

You even suspect he faked the conversation? Wow. Okay, I think you should tell him the truth that You will never trust him no matter what. I believe this is because he is a Nigerian. Nothing he can do will win your trust.

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma by SemuhleB(f): 10:24pm On Oct 03, 2015
all4naija:
But... your previous post is not encouraging at all.

But was I lying? Is it not the truth? What would you have told her if she was your sister?
Re: Dilemma by SkinnyDude(m): 10:24pm On Oct 03, 2015
if he's from southwest Nigeria.. my sister, RUN!!!!
Re: Dilemma by abbssx(f): 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2015
AfroKnight:

You even suspect he faked the conversation? Wow. Okay, I think you should tell him the truth that You will never trust him no matter what. I believe this is because he is a Nigerian. Nothing he will do will win your trust.

I never suspected he faked it. I actually believed the conversation cos it had other stuff there that he was reluctant for me to see initially but to prove his innocence he let me read all.
Re: Dilemma by abbssx(f): 10:28pm On Oct 03, 2015
SkinnyDude:
if he's from southwest Nigeria.. my sister, RUN!!!!

Lol you guys are killing me here. What is wrong with south west? He is Edo from Benin City.
Re: Dilemma by AfroKnight: 10:30pm On Oct 03, 2015
abbssx:

I never suspected he faked it. I actually believed the conversation cos it had other stuff there that he was reluctant for me to see initially but to prove his innocence he let me read all.

Tell him the truth so he can prepare his mind. Tell him you will never trust him. Your relationship with him can never work cos you simply don't trust a Nigerian.
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 03, 2015
SemuhleB:

But was I lying? Is it not the truth? What would you have told her if she was your sister?
You make it looks like all illegal Nigerian immigrants are evil. I have seen illegal Nigerian who got married to a Russian girl who helps him when he's in need and both of them end up in Nigeria and have one of the big companies in a particular region of Nigeria today. Which she got through the help of the former illegal immigrant uncle. There are things that can make some people illegal immigrants in such a situation. It is clear he came to that country legally and possibly his document expired or something else.

You are trying to always take this wrong approach as if you have been duped severally by Nigerians. It is not encouraging at all. Your men are worse!

1 Like

Re: Dilemma by AfroKnight: 10:34pm On Oct 03, 2015
Stories like these make me sad. Some people will never be good enough because of their backgrounds or ancestry no matter how hard they try to prove themselves.
Re: Dilemma by abbssx(f): 10:37pm On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Awwww sad He must have been great grin But yeah, I feel for you. Now please tell me about the other guy, how did you meet if you were in different countries? Just curious

We met at a mutuals friends wedding . He came here from the UK on hols and the rest is history. We traveled back and fourth but it was quite costly but eventually we started to drift apart slowly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I'm Turning LADIES to Chewing Stick" [Picture] / How I Slept With Her Within One Hour / Wish 5 Nairalanders A Happy New Month..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.