Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Dilemma - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dilemma (11410 Views)

I Am In An Emotional Dilemma. Please Help! / My Dilemma With A Married Woman I Encountered In My Office / A Must Read.. 'a Story Called Dilemma'..a Nightmare On My 2go Girlfriends Visit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 03, 2015
AfroKnight:
Stories like these make me sad. Some people will never be good enough because of their backgrounds or ancestry no

matter how hard they try to prove themselves.

Well, you really can't blame the people for being wary. Some Nigerians really do dubious things, which makes people view Nigerians with a little suspicion. Blame the bad apples who ruin your image to the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dilemma by abbssx(f): 10:40pm On Oct 03, 2015
AfroKnight:
Stories like these make me sad. Some people will never be good enough because of their backgrounds or ancestry no matter how hard they try to prove themselves.

Why are you saying this? I never judged him on his background. I still dated him and gave him my number when I found out he was Nigerian. The paper thing unfortunately became an issue. People were warning me and I could not fully trust him. It's sad but that's how it was. You can read the replies on this thread and they are all mostly saying the same thing. This is why I even came here because of this
Re: Dilemma by abbssx(f): 10:44pm On Oct 03, 2015
all4naija:
I am... for telling you the hard truth.

I was laughing at the fact that you said I should break up so that I don't come complaining that all Nigerian men are bad lol

1 Like

Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 03, 2015
abbssx:

We met at a mutuals friends wedding . He came here from the UK on hols and the rest is history. We traveled back and fourth but it was quite costly but eventually we started to drift apart slowly.

Gotcha! Well, good luck. What can I say?
Re: Dilemma by abbssx(f): 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Gotcha! Well, good luck. What can I say?

Thank you my dear. I guess it's just life.
Re: Dilemma by AfroKnight: 10:47pm On Oct 03, 2015
all4naija:
You make it looks like all illegal Nigerian immigrants are evil. I have seen illegal Nigerian who got married to a Russian girl who helps him when he's in need and both of them end up in Nigeria and have one of the big companies in a particular region of Nigeria today. Which she got through the help of the former illegal immigrant uncle. There are things that can make some people illegal immigrants in such a situation. It is clear he came to that country legally and possibly his document expired or something else.

You are trying to always take this wrong approach as if you have been duped severally by Nigerians. It is not encouraging at all. Your men are worse!

Bro. Don't blame her. She has probably had bad experiences with Nigerians or heard of such. However myopic or hasty her opinion about Naija seems, it is certainly not going to change. She actually thinks she can help protect the OP. Prejudice exists everywhere even in her country.

It's the way she sees the world.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 03, 2015
abbssx:

Thank you my dear. I guess it's just life.

IKR. Resting are the dead lol. Life is just so flippin hard hey. What doesn't kill you...

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma by SemuhleB(f): 10:51pm On Oct 03, 2015
all4naija:
You make it looks like all illegal Nigerian immigrants are evil. I have seen illegal Nigerian who got married to a Russian girl who helps him when he's in need and both of them end up in Nigeria and have one of the big companies in a particular region of Nigeria today. Which she got through the help of the former illegal immigrant uncle. There are things that can make some people illegal immigrants in such a situation. It is clear he came to that country legally and possibly his document expired or something else.

You are trying to always take this wrong approach as if you have been duped severally by Nigerians. It is not encouraging at all. Your men are worse!
I apologise if I hurt your feelings hun. Just know that you are not included in the ones I am talking about tongue. You are an exception to the rule wink

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma by Candyrain(m): 11:00pm On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:

IKR. Resting are the dead lol. Life is just so flippin hard hey. What doesn't kill you...

... makes you strong grin wink
Re: Dilemma by AfroKnight: 11:02pm On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Well, you really can't blame the people for being wary. Some Nigerians really do dubious things, which makes people view Nigerians with a little suspicion. Blame the bad apples who ruin your image to the world.

Every country has bad eggs. But not every product from China is a counterfeit. Not every Indian is Hindu. Not every Zulu is xenophobic.
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
AfroKnight:

Every country has bad eggs. But not every product from China is a counterfeit. Not every Indian is Hindu. Not every Zulu is xenophobic.

Yeah but you just can't change how people view these things no matter how many times you preach it. It just is what it is. I've also been accused of being xenophobic just for being South African, even though I've never carried a knobkerrie to clobber any foreigner living here. It's ignorance but hey *snap snap*
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 03, 2015
Candyrain:

... makes you strong grin wink

Puts you in coma grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dilemma by ronald4lif(m): 11:13pm On Oct 03, 2015
SemuhleB:
Some women will never learn. If the fact that he is Nigerian and an illegal immigrant does not make you run, then I dunno what will.

My advice move on. You will never ever be able to trust him so what's the point. You don't want to be one of those ladies who come and cry here about these men using you for green card! Do not let it get to the stage of from frying pan to fire!

An illegal immigrant have same motive and exhibit desperation to regularise their stay when in a foreign country. No country is left out, not even yours.
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
abbssx:

I was laughing at the fact that you said I should break up so that I don't come complaining that all Nigerian men are bad lol
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cool cool cool
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
SemuhleB:
I apologise if I hurt your feelings hun. Just know that you are not included in the ones I am talking about tongue. You are an exception to the rule wink
No hard feeling, hun! Just trying to correct your view in that area. Nothing more than that. I know you are a good person.
Re: Dilemma by Candyrain(m): 11:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Puts you in coma grin

hahahahaha grin grin grin
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 03, 2015
AfroKnight:

Bro. Don't blame her. She has probably had bad experiences with Nigerians or heard of such. However myopic or hasty her opinion about Naija seems, it is certainly not going to change. She actually thinks she can help protect the OP. Prejudice exists everywhere even in her country.

It's the way she sees the world.
I understand her more than most people here. She is more or less an old friend. We have gone through lots of arguments and we remain friends. Seriously, she is a cool lady I wish(more like my dream) a very descent Nigerian man should have her but she is already with her ethnic man! grin grin grin cool
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Puts you in coma grin
With what? cheesy
Re: Dilemma by AfroKnight: 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2015
abbssx:

Why are you saying this? I never judged him on his background. I still dated him and gave him my number when I found out he was Nigerian. The paper thing unfortunately became an issue. People were warning me and I could not fully trust him. It's sad but that's how it was. You can read the replies on this thread and they are all mostly saying the same thing. This is why I even came here because of this

You said ALL your friends who dated Nigerian guys had issues with them and you thought you'd never date one of us. You gave him your number with a mind prepared to block him. He rang you several times for 3 days and you knew it was him but refused to take his calls. He told you he loved you and you dismissed it because you didn't believe it. You said you don't generally get involved with "fresh off the boat" guys cos they just want papers. You even expressed doubt at the authenticity of the breakup conversation he had with his Nigerian girl.

These are just a few hints from within a year of your friendship/relationship with him. Reading through your story, anyone would think this guy is a crook and that is only because of how you have been defending yourself from him. I wonder if you would have treated a guy from another West African country the same way.

As a rule I don't bother with people who doubt me. I have learned not to spend precious time trying to prove myself. I think that Nigerian guy deserves a break from you. He's been trying too hard to please someone who will never be convinced.

The best you can do for him is to be frank. It will never work because he will never be believable.

3 Likes

Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 03, 2015
The dilemma that this is requires that you just chill have your fun and keep your eyes open real wide yknow. Just take this easy with yourself gyal, you can't be too sure.
Re: Dilemma by AfroKnight: 11:36pm On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Yeah but you just can't change how people view these things no matter how many times you preach it. It just is what it is. I've also been accused of being xenophobic just for being South African, even though I've never carried a knobkerrie to clobber any foreigner living here. It's ignorance but hey *snap snap*

It's just sad. But hey, I don't think you're xenophobic and I'm sure you don't think I'm a crook, grin do you? angry
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 03, 2015
pinceprinz:
The dilemma that this is requires that you just chill have your fun and keep your eyes open real wide yknow. Just take this easy with yourself gyal, you can't be too sure.
I am on the idea they should separate for good. There is already mistrust and elements of wrong advice. With all I have seen here it will not end in a good relationship!
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 03, 2015
all4naija:

I am on the idea they should separate for good. There is already mistrust and elements of wrong advice. With all I have seen here it will not end in a good relationship!

You guys talk brkup like its bread n butter smiley

But well, its up to op to decide but am af that opinion that you gotta be absolutely sure before taking decisions to guard against possible regrets.

However, don't get me wrong , the guy could have his own evil intents, left for the op to drive safe. Personally , I love adventures smiley
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 03, 2015
AfroKnight:

It's just sad. But hey, I don't think you're xenophobic and I'm sure you don't think I'm a crook, grin do you? angry

Lol lipsrsealed
Re: Dilemma by AfroKnight: 12:00am On Oct 04, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Lol lipsrsealed

I'll take that as a "No". grin
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 04, 2015
AfroKnight:

I'll take that as a "No". grin

Lol, you must be thoroughly investigated before any official statement is made grin I told you I deal with evidence, not ASSumptions tongue

Just joking, buddy. I'm sure you're law abiding.
Re: Dilemma by AfroKnight: 12:23am On Oct 04, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Lol, you must be thoroughly investigated before any official statement is made grin I told you I deal with evidence, not ASSumptions tongue

Just joking, buddy. I'm sure you're law abiding.

grin grin grin
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 6:05am On Oct 04, 2015
abbssx:
In life one should never say never. I was someone who would never ever date a Nigerian especially fresh of the boat because of all the stories and complaints from people I know and look where I found myself. Life is just full of strange twist and turns.
Hey, your story was nice. Really enjoyed every bit of it. grin

Most Nigerian guys are chasing their dreams. The good ones are still around but it's kind of difficult to be with them.

First, they're so busy with work. Second, if they're students, they're so busy too. Third, they are somewhat controversial because they often do stay away from women with "misconceptions" about love, and many more.

To me, love should be equilibrium and not one-sided.
Re: Dilemma by abbssx(f): 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
AfroKnight:

You said ALL your friends who dated Nigerian guys had issues with them and you thought you'd never date one of us. You gave him your number with a mind prepared to block him. He rang you several times for 3 days and you knew it was him but refused to take his calls. He told you he loved you and you dismissed it because you didn't believe it. You said you don't generally get involved with "fresh off the boat" guys cos they just want papers. You even expressed doubt at the authenticity of the breakup conversation he had with his Nigerian girl.

These are just a few hints from within a year of your friendship/relationship with him. Reading through your story, anyone would think this guy is a crook and that is only because of how you have been defending yourself from him. I wonder if you would have treated a guy from another West African country the same way.

As a rule I don't bother with people who doubt me. I have learned not to spend precious time trying to prove myself. I think that Nigerian guy deserves a break from you. He's been trying too hard to please someone who will never be convinced.

The best you can do for him is to be frank. It will never work because he will never be believable.

You are wrong but let's just agree to disagree. I really don't have the energy to argue any further
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
abbssx:

You are wrong but let's just agree to disagree. I really don't have the energy to argue any further
Aren't you a South African?
Re: Dilemma by abbssx(f): 6:17pm On Oct 04, 2015
all4naija:

Aren't you a South African?
Is South Africa located in West Africa?
Re: Dilemma by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 04, 2015
abbssx:
Is South Africa located in West Africa?

Lol, ask him again!

All4naija, stop your obsession with SA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Slept With Her Within One Hour / Wish 5 Nairalanders A Happy New Month.. / As I grow Older....The Negative Impacts Of These Acts Starts Showing Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.