Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,722 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Tuition Free Education In Sweden - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (86316 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / How to Apply for Free Education In Sweden / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Acos925(m): 10:47am On Dec 26, 2009
Compliment zitty, please i'm to go for a masters in any of the european countries. I finished studying Environmental Management and Toxicology and wish to do masters in Environmental Science. Kindly send any info on this program to my email address: mailacos925@yahoo.com Thanks man.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by firestar7: 11:33pm On Dec 26, 2009
what about this,

No more free education for non-Europeans
Published: 23 Jun 08 07:28 CET
Online: http://www.thelocal.se/12594/20080623/

Dictionary tool Double click on a word to get a translation

Sweden is to start charging tuition to non-European university students, according to comments by higher education minister Lars Leijonborg in the Svenska Dagbladet (SvD) newspaper

Today, Sweden is one of the few countries in the world which does not charge tuition to students from other countries.

The Social Democratic government examined how a tuition system would look, but never put forward a legislative proposal on the matter.

Leijonborg has thus far avoided taking a stand on the controversial question, but now says that the government is in total agreement on charging fees to university students coming from countries other than the EU member states, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway.

“Our primary argument is that it is unwise of a country not to benefit from a payment system which obviously exists. Why should these students pay money to American or British universities, but not to Swedish [ones]?” Leijonborg explained to SvD.

The fees will be based on the costs incurred by the universities themselves. At the same time, a system of stipends will be implemented for students lacking sufficient funds to pay tuition.

The proposal is included in a bill to be presented in the autumn on how university-level international exchanges can be increased.

The new tuition system would be implemented on January 1st, 2010, at the latest.

Elin Rosenberg, chair of the Swedish association of student unions (Sveriges Förenade studentkårer), is very critical of the proposal.

She fears that, in the long run, it could lead to fees for Swedish students as well.

Free education is one of the primary reasons that students choose Sweden. A study carried out last year by Sweden’s National Agency for Higher Education (Högskoleverket) and the Swedish Institute found that many may choose not to pursue their studies in Sweden if fees are introduced.

Around 13,000 foreign students study at Swedish universities and colleges as “free-movers” who choose to come to Sweden on their own initiative rather than as a part of an organized exchange program.

Most of them are Asian men who are pursuing technical degrees.

According to the study, 86 percent of students would recommend studying in Sweden to others. If the education cost money, however, only 37 percent would recommend Sweden.

web site, http://www.thelocal.se/12594/20080623/

i doubt if free education still exist in sweeden as claimed
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by javascript: 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2009
I don't think so tuition is still free in sweden,
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by powerblaze(m): 12:54am On Jan 02, 2010
Well I heard its been moved to 2011. Its still going to be quite cheap, compared to european and American schools. At least dem try na. The only move is to get in now, so u can enjoy "unconditional pardon".
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Seunbunmi(m): 9:29am On Jan 03, 2010
pls guyz i just applied for d sweeden free tuition nd printed d cover sheet, nd jus wanted to ask wats d documents m gonna send to sweeden nd wat does d credits behind d courses means, tanx
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by shoaibade: 6:36pm On Jan 03, 2010
hi i want to know details about free education program n how i can apply, plz give a guid line.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by einformat: 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2010
Thanks zitty for that quality post,have cheaked the website and the information there was mouthwashing.am an undergraduate in a nigerian university in my 200 levels,and realy i must say that am enjoying the privilege of paying nothing as a school fees(tuition free) and i even got admitted without jamb.if i had seen your post before my admission, i would i opted to apply for international studies.you know now international certificates are more recognized than local.
www.tuition-free-university..com
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by nevachange(f): 2:41am On Jan 09, 2010
e-informat, how did you get into the university without jamb, pls tell me, this is my 4 year at home ,
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Goldenlady(f): 1:06pm On Jan 18, 2010
I need masters in either econs or computer econs or agric econs and the duration of classes then is it online?
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by praj: 4:48pm On Jan 27, 2010
hi zitty
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by praj: 4:53pm On Jan 27, 2010
hi zitty smiley, I m Prajwal. .
I want to do my higher studies in Sweden only. U can help me getting into this, Is education(includes tuition) free in Sweden even now??
I read that there are 2 seasons that is Autumn and Spring, Admission for AUTUMN'10 got over , now i want to apply for Spring, When will it be??
PLEASE send me the details to my id :
prajwal.login@gmail.com
help me dudesmiley
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by ceasyc(f): 1:29am On Jan 28, 2010
this was sent to me by Malmö University

Today (Wednesday, 27 January, 2010 15:19) there are no tuition fees
at Malmö University. However, there are discussions about implementing tuition fees
for international students
in Sweden autumn semester 2011.

Information will be made available on our web page if there are any changes made.
All students must however be members of the Student Union and pay a
small membership fee.

Regards,
Eva
Admissions office
Malmö University
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by praj: 8:17am On Feb 03, 2010
hey hi, pls send me the details of higher studies in sweden , i m in my final yr of engineering, i want to opt for MS in sweden, which all universities offer free education there??
pla let me know, smiley
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Ecilan: 10:44am On Feb 15, 2010
thank you so much i would like to know the procedure of applying or is it too late.God bless you. alice
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Ecilan: 10:54am On Feb 15, 2010
I HOLD A BACHELORS DEGREE IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT BUT I WANT A MSC IN IT IS IT POSSIBLE UNDER THE FREE EDUCATION SCHEME. THANKS. ALICE
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by harishkuma: 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2010
hello sir this is harish kumar from India.i will be finishing my BCA degree by this year(2010 June).so further i am looking forward to do my higher education in abroad under free education system.it is very important for me to do my higher education.so i have planned to do my MBA.it is my aim to do it.i will be thankful to you forever if you help me out of this problem.well this is my email id p.harishsalem@gmail.com.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by spotball(m): 11:58pm On Feb 28, 2010
i am interested in schooling for my MBA in sweden. But i dont know how to go about it. onyeka110@yahoo.com is my email address and i will like you to furnish me with information about the next admission.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Sola08(m): 10:40pm On Mar 01, 2010
You can also check www.distancesweden.co.nr for the new distance learning project for Africans.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by ceasyc(f): 4:57am On Mar 02, 2010
Sola08:

You can also check www.distancesweden.co.nr for the new distance learning project for Africans.
THIS IS JUST NOT RIGHT FRAUDSTER!

e-book my foot! what has ur 9ja bank account and name n phone number got
to do with distance learning in Sweden?
OLE, barawo, thiefy thiefy
hisses
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Sola08(m): 11:45pm On Mar 03, 2010
"The Swedish government’s proposal to charge university tuition fees to non-European
students has been postponed by one year, Anders Steinwall of the Ministry of Education told The
Local.
“Fees could be introduced starting 2011, no earlier,” said Steinwall. The bill won’t be presented
to parliament until October this year. If passed, initiating the charges will take time to coordinate.
The proposed bill states each university would be able to decide its own fees, but Steinwall
said the estimated average is 70,000 to 80,000 kronor ($9,000 to $10,000) per year."
Judging from the responses on the Local discussion board, there is resentment especially of
affluent Chinese. One writer claimed that the US is a preferred education destination because
universities in USA do not consider plagiarism which is the biggest crime in sweden.
So as for now, programs are still FREE
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by JagaJaga1: 2:03pm On Mar 04, 2010
Studera says that if you give your school a cover letter to include in the transcript you sent to them, then consider the transcript rejected.

These studera people once said that any doc not matched with a cover letter wont be treated, now they have changed mouth just to make sure that they cut down the number of applicants
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Sola08(m): 6:56am On Mar 05, 2010
It is expected that your school sends the transcript to them confidentially. No way for cover letter.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by dukwas: 1:57am On Mar 06, 2010
MANY PEOPLE THINK THAT ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO STUDY WITHOUT PAYING SCHOOL FEE AM A LIVING TESTIMONY TO THAT WITH THE INFORMATION I GOT FROM NAIRA LAND AND IN www.freequalityeducation.com
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2010
Hej Mr Jaga Jaga,
Swedish university expect your university to send your transcript direct to them (University Studies in Swedn) so if they see any coversheet sent together with your transcript, it then means that either you have done it yourself or you collaborated with your school to do that for you. Then, the transcript will be invalid. They expect you to send your other documents including the coversheet. they know fully well about what they are doing. And they also know what Nigerian and other African countries can do in terms of faking documents.
Any sign of false document automatically disqualifies the applicant from getting admission letter. So that's all.
Have a great day.

Linda.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by JagaJaga1: 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2010
I received amessage from studera

And the message says nothing about my transcripts been rejected but rather it says that my transcripts would be sent to my school for verification (Thank God)

I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF A MESSAGE LIKE THAT MEANS THAT STUDERA HAS ALREADY SENT THE TRANSCRIPTS TO MY SCHOOL.

I ALSO WANT TO KNOW THE MODE OF VERIFICATION (BY PHONE CALLS OR THE NEED FOR THE VERIFIED TRANSCRIPTS TO BE SENT TO STUDERA). LASTLY, WHEN IS THE DEADLINE FOR MY TRANSCRIPTS TO BE SENT BACK

[b][/b]Do you advise me to start travelling to my school
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2010
Hello Jaga jaga,
Transcripts are verified via your university in Nigeria. The universsity Studies Sweden do not send your transcript back to Nigeria rther, they write a letter to your university asking them to check for authenticity of your transcript. That's all. But all transcripts must arrive Sweden on or before February 1st. If you received that message on studera stating that "they await the reply of your university based on the verification of your transcript" it then means that, they got your transcript on time from your university in Nigeria. Just make sure you call or write or even better go to your university. Ask then to reply the swedish school as regards to the transcript vertification thing. If your universuty does not responce back to swedish school, then your application will not be processed. Recall that the admission letters will be out by middle of May this year. So your school ahve to reply then as soon as possible because there are millions of people whose Universities will reply to Swdish school on time. This is a thing of first come, first serve.
Have a great day.

Linda.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by tunex23: 7:50am On Mar 09, 2010
mrs linda, jst shut up coz u ar nothing bt a thief and i wil keep letting people knw d kind of woman u are.u ar jst a cheap liar and a wretched thief.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 09, 2010
Hej Mr. Tunex23,

It is normal to see people like you on earth. Keep it up. It is a very good behaviour to insult people without reasons. Gud välsigne dig och må Han välsigna du ha något annat jobb att göra än att fortsätta att tala illa om alla som det i Jesu namn, Amen!

Vänlig hälsning
Linda.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by JagaJaga1: 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2010
Thank you Linda, but who do you think is responsible for attending to letters like that in a university. I am just asking so that i'll know who to call.

Considering the fact that my transcripts were received by studera on the 28th of jan. Do you think they have sent the letter to my school by now or do they send the letter immediately they sent the message to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

King Air Jet Rams Into Fence At Lagos Airport After Brake Failure / 10 Best Countries To Immigrate By 2020 / Parenting In The UK As A Nigerian Migrant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.