Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,272 members, 7,836,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Put All Your Eggs In One Basket Or Keep Your Options Open? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Put All Your Eggs In One Basket Or Keep Your Options Open? (3945 Views)

Man Slaps His Girlfriend For Wanting To Fry Four Eggs For Herself (Pic) / Why Do Some Nigerian Girls Use "Don't Put Your Eggs In One Basket" To Cheat? / "Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket" Are You For Or Against? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Put All Your Eggs In One Basket Or Keep Your Options Open? by Esthersblog(f): 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
As we all know, putting all your eggs in one basket in a relationship context means dating only one person at a time exclusively, putting yourself off the market.

From experience and stories I have heard, it is always advisable not to put all your eggs in one basket except you are very sure and I mean 100% sure that the guy/lady you are dating is totally committed to you. Sometimes, though, a serious relationship is not a guarantee to a lasting commitment.

There is a friend of mine who started dating this guy when she was 27, they dated for four years. She initially thought the relationship will end up in marriage. Obviously, being with someone for that long shows that there is a serious commitment from both parties. They started living together after 2 years into the relationship, and after a year and half of living together, issues started cropping up, which ended up emotionally draining their relationship.

Unknown to her, the guy had started seeing someone else whom he later said he preferred to her, and was looking for a way to make her move out of the house, so he could have his space. Well, he finally got what he wanted. Friends and some of her family members advised her to move out, to gain some respect back and maybe the guy will come back to his senses. And that is because, she was the one trying so hard to make the relationship work. Also, I am not in support of a lady living with a guy permanently outside marriage, because it sometimes causes see-finish.

After she moved out, the relationship ended some months later, and at that time she was 31. It took her some time to start getting toasters, because while she was dating the guy, all her social media accounts were filled with his pictures calling him names that was meant for HUSBANDS and not boyfriends. It was so heartbreaking though.

She said she will never put all her eggs in one basket; except she finds a guy who truly loves her and she loves him in return, he engages her openly, and also take some commitment steps further, like a proper family introduction, before she will cut down her communications with other potential toasters this time around. I also supported her. *CloseEyes*

I’m not advocating cheating on anyone, or avoiding commitment, or any of the other possible things you could deduce from the phrase.

Yea, life is a learning process, we make mistakes along the way and learn from them, but also, do not allow what has happened in your past relationship affect you in a negative way or turn you into something else, all in the name of forming hardcore. Breakups hurt so bad, no doubt, especially when you have opened your heart to that person, but will you continue to remain single all your life or tag every guy as being the same as your ex? No. You have to try to shake it off after some time and move on.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion…

www.esther.ng
Re: Put All Your Eggs In One Basket Or Keep Your Options Open? by misspicy(f): 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
100% support this...

I always pity ladies who flaunts their relatuonships on social media.....most of those relationships is just a sham,they find it hard to move on after a breakup...lol
Re: Put All Your Eggs In One Basket Or Keep Your Options Open? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
All eggs in one basket for me because I can't pretend to like someone when I don't. I have tunnel vision that makes me fully focus at one thing at a time.

Keeping my options open would mean a lot of pretending to the so called toasters, while waiting for the one I truly like to fully commit or whatever. No, can't do. If it fails, then I'll simply collect all my eggs & put them in another basket. No problemo.

1 Like

Re: Put All Your Eggs In One Basket Or Keep Your Options Open? by IamLEGEND1: 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
she got dumped
so what?
happens all the time.
you move on with ur life and stop whining like a little girl.
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww
women turning everything into a sob story
Re: Put All Your Eggs In One Basket Or Keep Your Options Open? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
she got dumped

so what?

happens all the time.

you move on with ur life and stop whining like a little girl.

mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww

women turning everything into a sob story

Let me..

Re: Put All Your Eggs In One Basket Or Keep Your Options Open? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 07, 2015
Putting all your eggs in one basket is safer and more likely to get a lady married than "sharing her eggs" into numerous basket. No matter how much a lady tries to conceal her other relationships it's usually obvious to the men in her lives , eventually she'll lose all the men.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us / My Experience With A Street Babe. / Love Letter For Jessicaseth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.