Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,727 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign (41328 Views)

"Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply / Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? / My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 10, 2015
menix:
On my way home but this topic came up.

This family have got 2 kids and the kids lack parental care because the man and wife come in late.

The issue of Nanny is out of the option because they don't trust nannies and someone must resign to take care of the kids..

The problem here is that the wife earns four times(400%) the man's salary and the ladies salary goes a long way to sort the family expenses.

Please who do you advise to resign.
Should the man become a house husband

Why the fvck is this an issue? It's a no brainer, the man must sit his a55 at home and take care of the kid!!! He must be a house husband...mtchewwww!!!!

2 Likes

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Nobody: 1:44am On Oct 10, 2015
akike:

I am sorry I am ambitious. I love money and if it makes me materialistic, good. But so you know it does not make me a fool.

Money is not everything but it is as important as anything else. Would you say ego is much more important than money? Or comfort for your family. Do you think it is healthy to worry about money all the time? Do you think it is healthy for your kids to be conscious of money when you have good options.

Money is not everything but it sure guarantees comfort. A man who would rather keep his ego intact and watch his children attend a substandard school shouldn't be proud to call hifmself a father.

I am sincerely worried about you.
you need not worry about me at all. i am far more ambitious than you could ever hope to be.

like i earlier said, a point which you keep sidestepping, ego is the least of issues here. the real issue is, and i will enclose it in bold letters now to ensure it does not escape your attention. Can the family handle such a drastic role reversal without breaking?

you might be surprised that the very act of the man resigning may be the time bomb that eventually destroys the home. this is because it requires a large amount of flexibility, tolerance, patience, maturity, and intellect to manage such a situation and you know it. it is not as easy as you paint it. i know this because my parents have once been in such a situation. and while i am impressed at the way they managed it, i found the whole affair rather tedious.

in such a case as it is found that this cannot be easily done, other alternatives must be found. it is a matter which is simply to be discussed among the couple. but if i were to be in such a situation, the decision is clear, a third of the money she receives is to go to the family account. she is only allowed to keep a quarter. and she is not allowed to complain. as i am not allowed to. each individual must fit into their roles perfectly.

se fini
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by akike: 1:47am On Oct 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
you need not worry about me at all. i am far more ambitious than you could ever hope to be.

like i earlier said, a point which you keep sidestepping, ego is the least of issues here. the real issue is, and i will enclose it in bold letters now to ensure it does not escape your attention. Can the family handle such a drastic role reversal without breaking?

you might be surprised that the very act of the man resigning may be the time bomb that eventually destroys the home. this is because it requires a large amount of flexibility, tolerance, patience, maturity, and intellect to manage such a situation and you know it. it is not as easy as you paint it. i know this because my parents have once been in such a situation. and while i am impressed at the way they managed it, i found the whole affair rather tedious.

in such a case as it is found that this cannot be easily done, other alternatives must be found. it is a matter which is simply to be discussed among the couple. but if i were to be in such a situation, the decision is clear, a third of the money she receives is to go to the family account. she is only allowed to keep a quarter. and she is not allowed to complain. as i am not allowed to. each individual must fit into their roles perfectly.

se fini

Ever hope to be? I hear you

I like the bolded question. It should be up to both parents to act in the best interest of the family however you should know that couples who cannot sacrifice for the greater good shouldn't be married in the first place

2 Likes

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Nobody: 2:02am On Oct 10, 2015
akike:

Ever hope to be? I hear you

I like the bolded question. It should be up to both parents to act in the best interest of the family however you should know that couples who cannot sacrifice for the greater good shouldn't be married in the first place
ever hope to be . . . within reasonable limits, of course.
and yes, we might have finally come to a compromise on either side.

both sides are not limited to the amount of sacrifice they can make.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by chigoizie7(m): 2:28am On Oct 10, 2015
menix:

This family have got 2 kids and the kids lack parental care because the man and wife come in late.

The issue of Nanny is out of the option because they don't trust nannies and someone must resign to take care of the kids..

The problem here is that the wife earns four times(400%) the man's salary and the ladies salary goes a long way to sort the family expenses.

Well, for me? It makes no difference.

Ur greatest undoing is to stop working @ all.

Even if u don't quit to take care of the kids, ur wife's pay package is still higher than yours.

U can get a job that will allow u that time for your kids no matter how little u are paid, it really makes no difference, the most important thing is that you earn something, u really don't have to depend on your wife for some couple of beer with your friends.

My advice is to get another job that will allow u more time with your kids,be a better father, if your wife does not treat u well or accord u some respects because she earns more, your kids will forever love you for abandoning your career for their sake in the future. So, which is better for u? Your wife's disrespect or your kids appreciation of being the best dad for them while their mum never had time for them? I must tell u, that's gonna be a win win for u.

3 Likes

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by tracybee(f): 3:15am On Oct 10, 2015
habiham:
I will ... So that she can face her career ... Then I move on

Very logical thinking not many men would do that because of their ego but as she's earning more it's only fair to do that

I would also suggest getting a family member to help,
work different shifts and take turns to look after the kids
set out time on the weekends for the family to do things together.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by troy20(m): 3:47am On Oct 10, 2015
the man should not resign.i repeat he should never expose himself to such vulnerabilities.i am typing from a wide range of experience of families in this situation.i am for kids needing their parental presence early on but.... NEVER quit that job.it's not just for you but your children.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by edwardaigb: 4:49am On Oct 10, 2015
The average black man's thinking is very poor, the family is more important than any ego. I did it and no regrets i'm into businesses that i operate from home, making the most from the rent and enjoy being with my family. You ll NEVER know, thank God i have a WONDERFUL wife my boy is 7 and my princes is almost 6.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Misogynist2014(m): 5:29am On Oct 10, 2015
28 “Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? 29 For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, 30 saying, ‘This person began to build and wasn’t able to finish.’
31 “Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Won’t he first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? LUKE 14
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Misogynist2014(m): 5:30am On Oct 10, 2015
Before starting to manufacture babies, know the cost.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by figoperch: 5:34am On Oct 10, 2015
Adesiji77:
*Thinking*

It is a tough one really. Children needs to be adequately cared for emotionally, etc at the same time the family needs the money....

Ultimately, it is the man's call to provide for his family materially, physically, emotionally and even, spiritually.

A tough decision has to be made... cool
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by OlufemiWhit(m): 5:37am On Oct 10, 2015
Owliver:
my dear brother in the lord. no woman, i repeat. no woman with black skin will put on a good behaviour in such situation. abi no be this same Nigeria wey be say broke girl go dey call okada man broke azs? . now imagine wen such a girl earns more. loooooool never enter such trap oh. no say i no warn you oo
Ok sir
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Okobaba1(m): 6:19am On Oct 10, 2015
Husband shd resign nd start a bizness ASAP.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Ewuro4: 6:25am On Oct 10, 2015
Why should anyone resign
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by leoblacky: 6:49am On Oct 10, 2015
The woman has to resign to take care the family let them manage the little the husband is earning,because if the woman start catering for family the man will suffer in her hand honestly we re all know woman when they have money more than their husbands.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by ojeota(f): 6:53am On Oct 10, 2015
sonofananimal:
AND YOU THINK YOU JUST MAKE SENSEundecided

way more DUMB

If you have a better idea, let's hear it, until then Keep your mouth shut.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by ABSOL10: 7:00am On Oct 10, 2015
Culturally the wife ought to resign.....financially the husband should resign.....but logically they should both agree on how to go about it......na dia prob b dat jawe......morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 10, 2015
Chivalry aside, the man should honourably resign. Let him do business that would enable him be close to the house. My opinion
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by JaaizTech: 7:20am On Oct 10, 2015
Teempakguy:

se fini

Well said, the truth about this is you can't eat your cake and have it. For me, the husband resigning is a No, No, No, except the wife is a rare breed of a woman. For the wife to also resign without an alternative plan to cater for her income, is like spilling petrol on fire. This is Nigeria, things are not easy for those who have jobs talk-less those that don't. Life is not that rigid, there is got to be another way around it where they both keep their jobs.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by jamalchance(m): 7:21am On Oct 10, 2015
To me there is no question here ... The man should resign and start up a business with d money he has saved up
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:29am On Oct 10, 2015
Thoniameek:
Sharing life issues....

hmm ...

you are a lady , would you resign if you were in the same situation ?
Wont show any form of condescension towards your husband if he should resign - concerning his ego as the man
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by delishpot: 7:29am On Oct 10, 2015
justcallbuki:
inspiration fm is on the issue now and have also watch a yoruba film like dt..... All in all the wife shd b the 1 to resign,cos the role of a man in the huz can't never be over emphasize,a woman without a job is still better than a man without job.......if the woman is the breadwinner she will unknowinling rub it on the husband face.

See how ego destroys things. (and this comming from a woman too) The man rubs his and its all good; but the woman UNKNOWINGLY rubs hers it becomes a big crime. If that family is happy and they both work as a unit there is no way the woman will rub it in the mans face sister. But if she is a wild woman then its a different ball game she will do it knowingly. Afterall she provides bulk part of tge family expenditure and she has not rubbed it in his face judging from the post
I will say if the two partners are united towards same goal he should resign but if they are just enduring the marriage non should resign. Kids should be enroled in school they should save some cash and start a private biz for the wife then she can resign.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by queebeediva(f): 7:45am On Oct 10, 2015
raayah:
Definitely. The man should resign.

if worst come worst then the man needs to resign otherwise there is alway a way out.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by flyforall: 8:12am On Oct 10, 2015
As they both gave birth to the child,they should both make an unselfish decision that has the child's best interest.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 10, 2015
ojeota:

If you have a better idea, let's hear it, until then Keep your mouth shut.
come keep it shut undecided

unlearned WOMAN
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by mbulela: 8:38am On Oct 10, 2015
Pelmet:
Non should resign just yet...give it a couple o' months, save up and open a business. this is why entrepreneurship is the best(after saving up capital for a while of course) it gives you the opportunity to manage your time yourself, leave work, go for school run, cook and go back to work...sometimes, the kids could come around your office and be with you whilst you make your money...let them start saving and open a business...after a while non would want a "jacki" job anymore have tasted both waters
Every argument must not be settled by this your entrepreneurial epistle. Have you checked the entrepreneur success rate in our clime? Na dem borrow money from paid folks pass. Entrepreneurship is not a bullet for all crimes. Try and be a bit more open minded. Paid employment is not a crime irrespective of what all those motivational speakers tell you.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by mbulela: 8:39am On Oct 10, 2015
flyforall:
As they both gave birth to the child,they should both make an unselfish decision that has the child's best interest.
Both should resign?
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Ignatio(m): 8:39am On Oct 10, 2015
janejive:
The woman should save up and open a good business, den resign, her time will be at her beck and call, the man shld continue working.

Good show of wisdom.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by mbulela: 8:42am On Oct 10, 2015
dymphna993:
Study in Philippines any course of your choice
Philippines kwa
Has it gotten that bad?
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by CaptPlanet(m): 8:54am On Oct 10, 2015
Depends on how much the 400% salary is. For my kids, i'll resign and focus on setting up a business. That way, i'll have time for my family, be my own boss with all the time on my hands and still call the shots.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Sibrah: 9:00am On Oct 10, 2015
menix:

The woman should hold on to her job and a nanny be employed should answer to the husband directly. Let him use it as an opportunity to monitor his kids (socially, morally, academically) , further his career and self developement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Some Sweet USUALS Every Wife Is Supposed To Be Giving To Her Husband! / Chike Eze Threatens To Kill His Wife Racheal If Court Doesn't Give Him A Divorce / Next Of Kin Issues: A stranger Has Taken Over His Dad's properties Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.