Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign (41362 Views)

"Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply / Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? / My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Owliver(m): 11:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
akike:

I don't blame you, your comment speaks volume of he type of environment you come from. I know poverty is synonymous with your last name. Your mama na black monkied woman. Your sisters and every female members of your family na black monkied women.

Marriage is a goal, it is the roles of the parties invlove to put in their best. Is cleaning, cooking and washing plates so dirty that you cannot do it for your own family? I don't blame you sha. You will marry a woman just like yourself. She will mistaken inferiority complex for submissiveness.

It takes a foolish man and an arrogant fool to confidently blame his poor leadership skill on women. I don't blame women who prefer rich men, they have seen it all. Some Nigerian men have inferiority complex.

K
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
Macgreat:
The man should resign if and only if the woman will agree that 70% of her salary goes to the man's account.

Is even an Opportunity for them to start a family business, they can't keep on working for someone... let them be their own boss then they both will have enough time with the kids.

#TeamWork #Wisdom #Understanding.
this is another brilliant idea. grin
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by akike: 11:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
Owliver:
my dear brother in the lord. no woman, i repeat. no woman with black skin will put on a good behaviour in such situation. abi no be this same Nigeria wey be say broke girl go dey call okada man broke azs? . now imagine wen such a girl earns more. loooooool never enter such trap oh. no say i no warn you oo

The fool that has never step out of his black continent will continue to make stupid assumptions. FYI, women are the same. I understand that you have never been outside Nigeria and that your inferiority complex is a big issue.

Your mum must have treated your dad so bad. You should blame her not us.

Are you saying that in your entire neighborhood you can't find a girl (educated or non-educated)/dating okada men. You must be living in lalaland. In fact many female graduates marry broke guys every Sunday, wake up and face the reality

You need a psychological help too. Your madness is real.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by akike: 11:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
Owliver:
K

Broke ass nigga, face your okada job and stop chasing women unless you are ready to settle down.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Owliver(m): 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
akike:

The fool that has never step out of his black continent will continue to make stupid assumptions. FYI, women are the same. I understand that you have never been outside Nigeria and that your inferiority complex is a big issue.

Your mum must have treated your dad so bad. You should blame her not us.

Are you saying that in your entire neighborhood you can't find a girl (educated or non-educated)/dating okada men. You must be living in lalaland. In fact many female graduates marry broke guys every Sunday, wake up and face the reality

You need a psychological help too. Your madness is real.
K
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Owliver(m): 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
akike:

Broke ass nigga, face your okada job and stop chasing women unless you are ready to settle down.
K
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by akike: 11:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
i never said a woman's work is derogatory. and you know it.

I don't know it. You implied itcheesy. What is abnormal in doing a woman's work?

1 Like

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Owliver(m): 11:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
truth hurts cheesy
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by akike: 11:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
Owliver:
K

Yeah

OK is too much too type out

I don't even consider guys that use ‘k'. Don't commit suicide when classy ladies ignore you. You are simply not their type.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Owliver(m): 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
akike:

Yeah

OK is too much too type out

I don't even consider guys that use ‘k'. Don't commit suicide when classy ladies ignore you. You are simply not their type.
kk
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Owliver(m): 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
cheesy
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Owliver(m): 11:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
is she tired already? cheesy
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
akike:

I don't know it. You implied itcheesy. What is abnormal in doing a woman's work?
everything. from the physical biology to the emotional trauma that women seem to so easily cope with, can make a man go insane. kids are . . . after all, as annoying as sh*t . . . pardon the language, cheesy but women do handle this quite well.
thrusting a man into this role will be quite the spectacle. hence my choice of words. it will be quite ridiculous. at the end of the day, the man will regret ever leaving his job to tend to such petty annoyances for the rest of the foreseeable future and due to the reduced ability of men to repress their anger, he might start taking it out on the children or on his wife.

do not let us forget what the woman herself will be going through too as the bread winner . . .
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by mikolo80: 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
menix:
On my way home but this topic came up.

This family have got 2 kids and the kids lack parental care because the man and wife come in late.

The issue of Nanny is out of the option because they don't trust nannies and someone must resign to take care of the kids..

The problem here is that the wife earns four times(400%) the man's salary and the ladies salary goes a long way to sort the family expenses.

Please who do you advise to resign.
Should the man become a house husband

they should hire a nanny, old woman nanny or grandma
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by unmask: 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
I wonder the kind of things we write on nairaland these days......every family needs money and the wife is earning more......the whole essence of working in the first place is to make money.......so simple logic and maths will tell you the man should resign......shove all the ego talk into your pockets a spade should be called a spade

1 Like

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by akike: 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
Teempakguy:

everything. from the physical biology to the emotional trauma that women seem to so easily cope with, can make a man go insane. kids are . . . after all, as annoying as sh*t . . . pardon the language, cheesy but women do handle this quite well.
thrusting a man into this role will be quite the spectacle. hence my choice of words. it will be quite ridiculous. at the end of the day, the man will regret ever leaving his job to tend to such petty annoyances for the rest of the foreseeable future and due to the reduced ability of men to repress their anger, he might start taking it out on the children or on his wife.

do not let us forget what the woman herself will be going through too as the bread winner . . .

That is not true

There are many great single fathers out there

My father can do both roles lthough he is still a married man.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
akike:

That is not true

There are many great single fathers out there

My father can do both roles lthough he is still a married man.
those are the exceptions.

btw, have you noticed the pedophilia trend recently?

#justsaying.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Owliver(m): 11:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
unmask:
I wonder the kind of things we write on nairaland these days......every family needs money and the wife is earning more......the whole essence of working in the first place is to make money.......so simple logic and maths will tell you the man should resign......shove all the ego talk into your pockets a spade should be called a spade
i knew of a newly wedded couple then who did this some years ago. although the pay was like x3. guess what? they are divorced loooooooolz, no more respect. even the girl's mother disrespected him. dont try such stunt on a woman. especially black ones cheesy
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by akike: 11:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
those are the exceptions.

btw, have you noticed the pedophilia trend recently?

#justsaying.

That is different

What exceptions? These are men who tried their best for their families. Who are sensible and reasonable enough to know that it is no longer about them.

Paedophilia has nothing to do with men taking up women roles. FYI, there are supremely Alpha males who are also paedophiles.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by akike: 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
Owliver:
i knew of a newly wedded couple then who did this some years ago. although the pay was like x3. guess what? they are divorced loooooooolz, no more respect. even the girl's mother disrespected him. dont try such stunt on a woman. especially black ones cheesy

A man that will never rise above his current position, I am sorry any reasonable man will pass on that.

Did you ask whether the man bothered to help out while his wife was at work? Or whether it was because he got so jealous of her success that he started to display childish behaviours?

Common sense you no get. Woe betide the woman that ends up with you

1 Like

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Owliver(m): 11:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
akike:

A man that will never rise above his current position, I am sorry any reasonable man will pass on that.

Did you ask whether the man bothered to help out while his wife was at work? Or whether it was because he got so jealous of her success that he started to display childish behaviours?

Common sense you no get. Woe betide the woman that ends up with you
see as you carry my matter for head like firewood. haba
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
akike:

That is different

What exceptions? These are men who tried their best for their families. Who are sensible and reasonable enough to know that it is no longer about them.

Paedophilia has nothing to do with men taking up women roles. FYI, there are supremely Alpha males who are also paedophiles.
you are missing my point.
I'm not talking from an egoistic standpoint. like i earlier said, it is not hard to resign. it is something i can easily do.
i am talking from a realistic standpoint. from an idealistic worldview, once the man resigns, everything will go an smoothly. however, in real life, life hardly works in such a manner. complications do arise. and in fact, all i have said since is just one part of the problems. the other part is even more controversial.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by menix(m): 12:00am On Oct 10, 2015
mikolo80:
they should hire a nanny, old woman nanny or grandma

Did u read before commenting..
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Owliver(m): 12:02am On Oct 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
I'm not talking from an egoistic standpoint. like i earlier said, it is not hard to resign. it is something i can easily do.
i am talking from a realistic standpoint. from an idealistic worldview, once the man resigns, everything will go an smoothly. however, in real life, life hardly works in such a manner. complications do arise. and in fact, all i have said since is just one part of the problems. the other part is even more controversial.
thank you my man. a poor wife can live with a rich man peacefully. but a poor man cant live with a rich woman peacefully. it never works out well, complications MUST come.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by mikolo80: 12:06am On Oct 10, 2015
menix:

Did u read before commenting..
no, but I did after
and still maintain that they either get nanny or grandma or guy gets a job that pays 8 to 9 times his salary. lots of old nannies
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by akike: 12:13am On Oct 10, 2015
Teempakguy:

From a realistic point of view, you will agree with me that it largely depend on the man. It is up to you to lie to yourself that she is cultured just because you want a pretty womanundecided

Have you ever wondered what the family is like when men are solely providers? I don't think you have. It might surprise you to know that for some families, the men behave the same way you believe a wife will behave if she were the sole provider. And you should not make excuses for those men because they are the heads of theit families when you consider how little their wives must feel in their presence.

I am a goal oriented person and it is illogical and unreasonable to let ego or stupid natural roles to stop.both parties from having aa happy and financially stable family.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 10, 2015
akike:

From a realistic point of view, you will agree with me that it largely depend on the man. It is up to you to lie to yourself that she is cultured just because you want a pretty womanundecided

Have you ever wondered what the family is like when men are solely providers? I don't think you have. It might surprise you to know that for some families, the men behave the same way you believe a wife will behave if she were the sole provider. And you should not make excuses for those men because they are the heads of theit families when you consider how little their wives must feel in their presence.

I am a goal oriented person and it is illogical and unreasonable to let ego or stupid natural roles to stop.both parties from having aa happy and financially stable family.

this post has nothing to do with anything.
for after all, what IS the goal?
proper nurturing of their offspring. is it not? in this case, egoism or money does not matter. what matters is the ability to get the job done. it really doesn't matter who resigns or not. it depends on the ability of the individual. now, as a natural African man, the husband will find it very difficult to be a house husband. it is easier said than done, damn it. how do you think the woman will be able to explain her husband's position as a jobless housekeeper to her friends, who probably have richer husbands, or her family, who will not hear of it, or even the random guy on the street who will most probably conclude that they are a crazy lot.
not to even mention what the kids think of the whole thing. don't you know kids discuss their parents with other kids? do you know how much of outcasts they will be when they have to explain to their mates that their mum is their father and that their dad is their mum?
not to even mention the unnecessary awkward moments that will occur every now and then, as well as the more serious ones. humans are mammals. not birds. the men are DESIGNED to win bread, and the women to care for the young. so what if she earns four times the husband's salary? there are families that survive on four times less than the husbands salary. whatever the value may be.

not everything is linked to money. the husband cannot simply resign because of mathematics. one must first ascertain the capabilities of such a man and how the family intends to cope with such a drastic role reversal. this is a much more complicated problem than you think it is. one does not simply tell the man to resign based on statistics. undecided
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by akike: 12:49am On Oct 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
this post has nothing to do with anything.
for after all, what IS the goal?
proper nurturing of their offspring. is it not? in this case, egoism or money does not matter. what matters is the ability to get the job done. it really doesn't matter who resigns or not. it depends on the ability of the individual. now, as a natural African man, the husband will find it very difficult to be a house husband. it is easier said than done, damn it. how do you think the woman will be able to explain her husband's position as a jobless housekeeper to her friends, who probably have richer husbands, or her family, who will not hear of it, or even the random guy on the street who will most probably conclude that they are a crazy lot.
not to even mention what the kids think of the whole thing. don't you know kids discuss their parents with other kids? do you know how much of outcasts they will be when they have to explain to their mates that their mum is their father and that their dad is their mum?
not to even mention the unnecessary awkward moments that will occur every now and then, as well as the more serious ones. humans are mammals. not birds. the men are DESIGNED to win bread, and the women to care for the young. so what if she earns four times the husband's salary? there are families that survive on four times less than the husbands salary. whatever the value may be.

not everything is linked to money. the husband cannot simply resign because of mathematics. one must first ascertain the capabilities of such a man and how the family intends to cope with such a drastic role reversal. this is a much more complicated problem than you think it is. one does not simply tell the man to resign based on statistics. undecided

Money is important where the family is involved. It is about quality of life. I have experienxed the goodpart of life and experienced 101 but with the little I have had, I am certainly going to choose quality of life over my ego. Would you rather live in a bungalow when you could leave in a duplex or eat protein almost everyday or send your kids to a better school, or an ego that shouldn't be there in the first place? You shouldn't talk about how unimportant money is unless you have it.

This is the more reason you shouldn't blame women who want rich men. I can marry almost any man including a disabled unless if he has a misplaced ego, no team spirit or nferiority complex. I have dreams and they include setting up trust funds for my kids at least, going on vacations and adventures together. My man must share in that dream and must be ready to sacrifice for that just like I will. I want a very comfortable life.

What other kids and friends? Those are not issues. Your friends will not talk to you unless ypu encourage them too. I am so over the society since like years ago, my happiness and quality of life is so much important than any other thing. Your kids will have the same mindset you encourage in your home.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Ilekeh(f): 1:02am On Oct 10, 2015
So what's the conflict? Pride sha.....Lao annoying.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by JudgementHammer: 1:09am On Oct 10, 2015
My own opinion is NO but I'll say;

Anyhow weh e go pay both of dem make dem do am. If the man has to leave his job as their final decision then so be it. It doesn't depend on their understanding of each other but on their understanding of what marriage should be as ordained by the creator. Cuz 4 d woman taking d role of d man she will gradually start ruling the man and she won't be able to hide it on little quarrels and u'll wonder what happened to their understanding. Influences here and there..ppl making the woman feel foolish to provide 4 d home and still submit to a house husband. Even if she blocks her ears to such influences and still submits, her husband would become extra-sensitive to pride and may not feel secure for the respect he gets which is d most important thing 4 a man in any relationship. How do they even answer d question -"who provides for d welfare of this home among you two?" without quarrel?

1 Like

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 10, 2015
akike:

Money is important where the family is involved. It is about quality of life. I have experienxed the goodpart of life and experienced 101 but with the little I have had, I am certainly going to choose quality of life over my ego. Would you rather live in a bungalow when you could leave in a duplex or eat protein almost everyday or send your kids to a better school, or an ego that shouldn't be there in the first place? You shouldn't talk about how unimportant money is unless you have it.

This is the more reason you shouldn't blame women who want rich men. I can marry almost any man including a disabled unless if he has a misplaced ego, no team spirit or nferiority complex. I have dreams and they include setting up trust funds for my kids at least, going on vacations and adventures together. My man must share in that dream and must be ready to sacrifice for that just like I will. I want a very comfortable life.

What other kids and friends? Those are not issues. Your friends will not talk to you unless ypu encourage them too. I am so over the society since like years ago, my happiness and quality of life is so much important than any other thing. Your kids will have the same mindset you encourage in your home.
the rate at which you embrace money and wealth at the expense of more important issues is quite alarming and frankly, it portrays you as an overly materialistic person.

like you, i have experienced both sides of life, however, i learned a different lesson. that money really has nothing to do with happiness and satisfaction. those are determined by a much different characteristic. but that is by the way.

on the issue on ground.
there are more factors to consider before taking such a drastic decision. money is surprisingly not everything.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by akike: 1:20am On Oct 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
the rate at which you embrace money and wealth at the expense of more important issues is quite alarming and frankly, it portrays you as an overly materialistic person.

like you, i have experienced both sides of life, however, i learned a different lesson. that money really has nothing to do with happiness and satisfaction. those are determined by a much different characteristic. but that is by the way.

on the issue on ground.
there are more factors to consider before taking such a drastic decision. money is surprisingly not everything.

I am sorry I am ambitious. I love money and if it makes me materialistic, good. But so you know it does not make me a fool.

Money is not everything but it is as important as anything else. Would you say ego is much more important than money? Or comfort for your family. Do you think it is healthy to worry about money all the time? Do you think it is healthy for your kids to be conscious of money when you have good options.

Money is not everything but it sure guarantees comfort. A man who would rather keep his ego intact and watch his children attend a substandard school shouldn't be proud to call hifmself a father.

I am sincerely worried about you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. / One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. / Another Missing Person. Please Help A Worried Family.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.