Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,973 members, 7,810,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1651) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4730042 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) (1653) (1654) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 05, 2019
Xneg:

Yes synthetic oil is good but mineral oil (5k oil) can never damage your engine as long as you change it as at when due, dru23 knows nothing about vehicles thats why he haa been ignorantly shouting fake oil damaged his vehicle... I know Peope that bought corolla since 2005 and still using it now, only service with regular ap or total oil.

All these oil stuff, I just laugh. I used Honda Accord before... Not for back then and I was 'was' wasting money buying mile master at 12k for 5w 20 and I changed oil every 5 to 6 months as per my first car. Then I travelled to the east and couldn't find 5w20 and after all said and done I bought the normal Mobil and used nothing happened. It was when I started giving the car stress during my 5months stint on uber that my engine started sounding somehow. I was shocked and mad seeing my old man using one cheap oil they sell about 2k to service. After all the shouting the car Camry 2003 is so smooth and easier to handle than the 2005 Accord.

I searched online and finally landed at a leasing company in the UK and I found out that they use same oil for all their vehicles and their maintenance dept attested that oil doesn't really matter. I'm not here to spoil anybody business sha, I just think all these issue of oil spoilt my engine no too follow.
Las Las, just follow what your manufacturer said. BTW each oil change can last you for 5000 miles if the car is used moderately. My 50cents

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 7:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
jpworld:

Your marriage only last 8 months, but me I have A marriage of 15years.

In business I can be A tiger, because my family needs me, to bring that money home.

I have always known u as a useless cheats, that take advantage of ur partner in ajah, after using the car for 3weeks without paying.

Change ur attitude if you want to progress in life.

This is too Petty and the sign of an infantile mind. But then, what do one expect from an !mbecile

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2019
Xneg:

Yes synthetic oil is good but mineral oil (5k oil) can never damage your engine as long as you change it as at when due, dru23 knows nothing about vehicles thats why he haa been ignorantly shouting fake oil damaged his vehicle... I know Peope that bought corolla since 2005 and still using it now, only service with regular ap or total oil.

You are right. There's a Hyundai Santa Fe 2005 that's been in the family for about 7 years now and it has been using Total Quartz 5000 from day one till date.

Will not use it knowing what one knows now but car is in good condition and pulls as sharp as a V6 should. Only had to change the PCV valves all these years, aside the frail legs grin which is one of Hyundai's downside.

Seems the Hyundai IX35 have best leg structure from all Hyundai's from experience, stand to be corrected though
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2019
Xneg:

Good example of oil you can buy that will still keep your engine safe wihiut spending 17-22k btw dru and gaz

Is this synthetic or normal mineral oil or most importantly for we wey na total normal mineral oil we been using for years now is it safe to just switch to this.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:15pm On Jun 05, 2019
Xneg:

Your question is very valid because the entire thread has been derailed and a newbie would have thought its a thread with wrong title, let's hope the kids fighting would let go and those with several monikers playing accused and counsel at the same time.

Meaning it's one person dt has been disturbing d whole thread?
Make d elders help us beg him-(them)

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 8:33pm On Jun 05, 2019
radautoworks:

N9,735
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ620-5QT

Sigh... what of the little guys just trying to eke out a living!

This is a wake up call for D and G to form a merger, so that they can also collectively come up with lower oil pricing.

Just imagine how much you guys will save on shared logistics, synergy... think synergy.

Some will say such a combination can never happen, i remain an unrepentant optimist.

For newbies: D = Dru; G = Gazzuz

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 8:46pm On Jun 05, 2019
franksam2009:
bro I Don't understand what you what to hear oo, should we clap for you? You carried someone's trip from Ikeja to Maryland to get fuel like WTF!!!!
What u should hv done is insist on ending trip cos you Don't have fuel to take them back, dey should request another ride when they finish
I only do 8 hours per day but I always make sure my tank is filled up be4 going online

So broda if fuel run low for midnight na sign of improper planning or what

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2019
I gave my (kazeem) Mechanic my car to change break pad yesterday. Today while I was driving, check engine light came up. I got home and scanned it with my scanner.
This code came out. P0741
Copy:
Gazzuzz and all.
Thanks.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olusola2bello: 8:58pm On Jun 05, 2019
Good evening.. Pls i just got a matrix for use on uber(toks) aside oil change what else should i do before putting car on d road to ensure car wont give issues in d near future?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 8:59pm On Jun 05, 2019
sweetguy10:
Everywhere just dry... I’ve been in ICM for over 30 minutes no trip ... where should I head to pleaseeee ??
Home.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2019
olusola2bello:
Good evening.. Pls i just got a matrix for use on uber(toks) aside oil change what else should i do before putting car on d road to ensure car wont give issues in d near future?

Take it to a mechanic to determine that, check suspensions, brakes etc.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2019
xana101:
I gave my (kazeem) Mechanic my car to change break pad yesterday. Today while I was driving, check engine light came up. I got home and scanned it with my scanner.
Copy:
Gazzuzz and all.
Thanks.

No need to blame this on your mechanic, he has nothing to do with it, I've had same issue in the past and replacing the transmission fluid solved it. Contact GAZZUZZ for the origanl Trans fluid.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 9:15pm On Jun 05, 2019
So broda if fuel run low for midnight na sign of improper planning or what[/quote]
bro u are funny o..u couldn't even buy the fuel on your way back. did the fuel just suddenly dry up? u sef reason ham na.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 9:18pm On Jun 05, 2019
xana101:
Copy:
Gazzuzz and all.
Thanks.
bro can u please teach me how to scan? I have some scanners here but don't know what app to use. checked YouTube but still couldn't. thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 9:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
There are free obd apps all over the internet, if you tell us what you have maybe somone can suggest the app to download. Is it ELM327 or other chipsets
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2019
Xneg:

No need to blame this on your mechanic, he has nothing to do with it, I've had same issue in the past and replacing the transmission fluid solved it. Contact GAZZUZZ for the origanl Trans fluid.
I just changed d transmission oil like 4 months ago, I wanted to change my engine oil by myself, so after watching how to do it on YouTube, I went under d car, instead of loosing d engine oil nut, I loosed d gear oil nut and throw away d oil. It was when I check d engine oil gauge I discovered I’ve bleeped up.
I bought d original Toyota gear oil almost 13k. I called Gazzuzz and he advised me on d oil to buy which I did.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:32pm On Jun 05, 2019
MoonlightDrive:

This is a wake up call for D and G to form a merger, so that they can also collectively come up with lower oil pricing.

Just imagine how much you guys will save on shared logistics, synergy... think synergy.

Some will say such a combination can never happen, i remain an unrepentant optimist.

I have never believed in conventional engine oils.

Full synthetic provides better engine protection at all temps.

For now I will be sticking with 1 of the best in the world market, Mobil1.

good things do not come cheap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:35pm On Jun 05, 2019
xana101:
I just changed d transmission oil like 4 months ago, I wanted to change my engine oil by myself, so after watching how to do it on YouTube, I went under d car, instead of loosing d engine oil nut, I loosed d gear oil nut and throw away d oil. It was when I check d engine oil gauge I discovered I’ve bleeped up.
I bought d original Toyota gear oil almost 13k. I called Gazzuzz and he advised me on d oil to buy which I did.

did you buy the oil from me?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 9:36pm On Jun 05, 2019
Another thing is knowing the right quantity of ATF to use, 96% of our mechanics/kazzems can't gauge ATF oil properly
if it's too much it's a big problem and if it's too low na wahala

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 05, 2019
open
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by unmask: 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

20k sir, this is made in usa and not the one from shagamu
Please can I get Castrol edge 5w-30? How much and how soon can I get it if available? Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 05, 2019
olusola2bello:
Get a comprehensive insurance and tracker installed, Get a mechanic to check the suspension system, Sevice the fuel system, Always use good oil full synthetic or sythetic blend if you want your car engine to withstand the engine abuse for a longer time.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 10:14pm On Jun 05, 2019
Xneg:
There are free obd apps all over the internet, if you tell us what you have maybe somone can suggest the app to download. Is it ELM327 or other chipsets
thanks bro it is elm327. actually bought like 5. hoping to introduce it to peeps around me.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 10:21pm On Jun 05, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Brakepads available.

How much are the brake pads...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 10:28pm On Jun 05, 2019
jesusson2020:

What is wrong with you guys? Did dru23 claim anybody competing with him?

He has right to say things that will attract customers to his business.

Oga ex-bricklayer na wah oh....suddenly your broken English has straightened out to near Queen English.
Men I celebrate the Dru in you.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 10:36pm On Jun 05, 2019
;
iyaegin:

Oga ex-bricklayer na wah oh....suddenly your broken English has straightened out to near Queen English.
Men I celebrate the Dru in you.
;
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 10:50pm On Jun 05, 2019
ncnerio:

Is this synthetic or normal mineral oil or most importantly for we wey na total normal mineral oil we been using for years now is it safe to just switch to this.

That is high grade conventional oil. You won't find synthetic at that price. Maybe synthetic blend.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 10:51pm On Jun 05, 2019
MoonlightDrive:

Not disturbing them. That is conventional not synthetic. Most cars on here do not need synthetic.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 10:53pm On Jun 05, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

I have never believed in conventional engine oils.

Full synthetic provides better engine protection at all temps.

For now I will be sticking with 1 of the best in the world market, Mobil1.

good things do not come cheap.

Yes, full synthetic may be "better" but most cars were not designed to run on synthetic. Very few cars actually require synthetic and they are usually premium cars. Synthetic only became popular because people wanted the convenience of fewer oil changes. Cost still comes out about the same.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 10:53pm On Jun 05, 2019
Dbossmanager:

So broda if fuel run low for midnight na sign of improper planning or what
bro u are funny o..u couldn't even buy the fuel on your way back. did the fuel just suddenly dry up? u sef reason ham na.

Na unnecessary Waka wey customer carry me from lekki central mosque go iju ishaga fr midnight just run me down nd I was on my way to any filling � available before her request came in nd I asked fr destination so I will knw weda to cancel or proceed.... So my calculation was to drop nd get fuel not until we got there nd she change narrative

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olusola2bello: 11:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
aaronson:
Get a comprehensive insurance and tracker installed, Get a mechanic to check the suspension system, Sevice the fuel system, Always use good oil full synthetic or sythetic blend if you want your car engine to withstand the engine abuse for a longer time.

Tnx chief
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olusola2bello: 11:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
Xneg:

Take it to a mechanic to determine that, check suspensions, brakes etc.

Tnx boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) (1653) (1654) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Itsrm(m), iheartellah(m), Conner44 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.