Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1749) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4735371 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1746) (1747) (1748) (1749) (1750) (1751) (1752) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2019
izzou:

Your advantage is that you own your car

[b]A rental driver cant take such decisions..
. What if it rains all day of the week?

But the floods are something else.... Taxify and uber should just permanently make everywhere red. That's the only soothing balm for we drivers. [/b]

Take a day off because of heavy rain, or enter flood and be forced to take a week off or more battling with various mechanical and electrical issues associated with flooding, while your mechanic, rewire, panel beater smile to the bank etc.
One of my car tyre was stuck in the gutter on one of the street at Ikeja Gra on Friday, because of heavy flooding, i did not know that there was a gutter already covered with water, as i was trying to move closer to pick up my passenger.
As they say experience is the best teacher.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nel4k(m): 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2019
Hello House, good evening and I hope this sales meets you well.

2010 Nissan Sunny available for sale. Kindly contact via WhatsApp 08068372139 for further details.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 9:56pm On Jul 01, 2019
I'm still wondering how posting earnings helps motivate anyone.
Lemme try reason/understand the way u do, are u tryna motivate car owners awaiting their weekly returns, or u tryin 2 motivate people already in d game(drivers),. Or maybe u tryna motivate commercial Banks to flood the streets with more cars?
If at this age you still Don't know the rules and concept of business, den u might probably remain poor forever

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:03pm On Jul 01, 2019
That was this guy requested from circle mall and called me immediately asking if I have cash, I said NO he cancelled. I pity who will fall victim this evening.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TundeeednuT: 10:25pm On Jul 01, 2019
franksam2009:
Lemme try reason/understand the way u do, are u tryna motivate car owners awaiting their weekly returns, or u tryin 2 motivate people already in d game(drivers),. Or maybe u tryna motivate commercial Banks to flood the streets with more cars?
If at this age you still Don't know the rules and concept of business, den u might probably remain poor forever
I see as show off. I don't understand what they mean by motivating with posting screenshot of earnings.

If you truly wanna motivate, why not show the tricks (if any) you use in raking those earning, or perhaps, how to strategically locate yourself to get good trips.

Well, I'm neither a rider nor a driver just a comment reader.
I always enjoy reading comments from everyone on this thread except for dru and his other monikers which I do skip.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:34pm On Jul 01, 2019
TundeeednuT:
I see as show off. I don't understand what they mean by motivating with posting screenshot of earnings.

If you truly wanna motivate, why not show the tricks (if any) you use in raking those earning, or perhaps, how to strategically locate yourself to get good trips.

Well, I'm neither a rider nor a driver just a comment reader.
I always enjoy reading comments from everyone on this thread except for dru and his other monikers which I do skip.
Oil dey your head

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2019
izzou:
And Sanwo Olu is dropping phone numbers for people to call if they see any bad road

Which road did the people of Alausa pass to come to work?

Everywhere is flooded.... Spent almost two hours from Motorways center to Ogudu...
Reason? Flood

This country tire person... Na to push drugs now

Y u not try profit, sorry pastor grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2019
Just managed to get to Chevron now angry

To other uber/bolt drivers still on their way to Ajah and Sangotedo, I say Good morning to you in advance angry

Nonsense traffic angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2019
pope191:

Y u not try profit, sorry pastor grin

Lol

You no work today?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:55pm On Jul 01, 2019
izzou:

Lol

You no work today?

I never see work since dat Friday, I go abuja go protest grin when I deh see earning, I just deh boil inside, dis people want to force me out of retirement. But its all good, driving deh always tempt person, since after December, I keep telling myself I need break, this is July and d rain is not helping matters. Soh right now, nah 4/5 days I place myself.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by neutralmind: 11:02pm On Jul 01, 2019
TundeeednuT:
Is it only me that skip dru comments or anyone else in my shoes. I don't even read his write up no more.

Truth is the man talks too much...

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 11:13pm On Jul 01, 2019
neutralmind:

Truth is the man talks too much...
he talks same thing over and over again, it's tiring grin grin

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by prodriver1(m): 11:19pm On Jul 01, 2019
Closing for the day, thank God for another successful day..
Offline-3K plus app earnings

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:27pm On Jul 01, 2019
prodriver1:

Wahum! *wide eyes* its save to tell partners to increase weekly pay to 40/45k, dia is money in dis business *Run outta here*

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmoManU: 11:47pm On Jul 01, 2019
stephenponti:

the pair =13 to 14k
Thanks boss and the idiot mechanic dey bill me 20k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 11:49pm On Jul 01, 2019
Fuel 3k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by knowyeknot: 12:01am On Jul 02, 2019
izzou:

To other uber/bolt drivers still on their way to Ajah and Sangotedo, I say Good morning to you in advance angry

Nonsense traffic angry

Did one way from second toll gate
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by prodriver1(m): 12:11am On Jul 02, 2019
izzou:

Nonsense traffic angry
Sorry bro, I use Google map to check before moving. I entered lekki 1 around 10pm, set destination back to ikeja, I got yaba
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ediku208: 1:50am On Jul 02, 2019
Carried a rider from Airport to CBN Estate in Alakija
Then got a trip from Mile 2 to ajah

I follow 1 way to thomas Estate

Goodmorning to those going to sangotedo �
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 2:42am On Jul 02, 2019
franksam2009:

Posting great weekly earnings, could be altruistic to motivate drivers, malicious to show that drivers are taking partners for fools, sincere to show investors that the business still offers attractive return on investment and to show drivers that uber still pays (cautiously) acknowledging dru23

As a poster rightly says, when you post such fantastic earnings, showing your fellow drivers how you are able to strategically make such earnings in a week would be appreciated.
Do you decline certain trips to certain areas?
What are you favourite spots within the mainland and island for getting request?
Do you wait for rider (aka paid waiting) or cancel immediately when the rider is not yet ready?
How do you keep your car in tip top shape
Where you get your genuine spare part supplies from
The contact of your mechanic, because behind every successful uber driver is a good and competent mechanic. (please sharing your mechanic contact would not reveal your identity a good mechanic would probably have at least over 10 uber cars that s/he services)
Mistakes you have made in the past on the job and how newbies should be able to avoid them.
Car mileage in a week
Car maintenance schedule
Do you have an abundance of fat kola nuts in your car
Do you drink bulldozer on the job
Do you have any elixir that keeps you physically fit for the rigors of the job.

Posting great weekly earnings is not enough but the strategy to consistently achieve this earnings must be shared in order to assist other drivers to meet up their weekly remittance.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 3:36am On Jul 02, 2019
+2700 offline

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 7:13am On Jul 02, 2019
OmoManU:

lol... Shey na you open shop for am?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 8:46am On Jul 02, 2019
Driver: Aunty plz I can't go down this road.

Rider: but e nor far na, na that tall building with red roof.

Driver: please I'll end the trip here. Me end trip fare 800 naira angry

If I had gone down that road highest 900 naira.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:47am On Jul 02, 2019
OmoManU:

Give this guy a call he sells good parts at affordable price too. 08033280042. Bought mine from him for 14k.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharzy(m): 8:55am On Jul 02, 2019
No be only you bro
TundeeednuT:
Is it only me that skip dru comments or anyone else in my shoes. I don't even read his write up no more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jesusson2020: 8:55am On Jul 02, 2019
prodriver1:

God bless you bro, I will have to go open taxify ooo.

May God continue to bless you for encouraging others.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 8:59am On Jul 02, 2019
Who can recommend where or from whom to buy genuine Oil Filther for 03 corrolla. And also a good mechanic around Yaba and environs where I can fix my shaft..the sound is getting too loud.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 9:10am On Jul 02, 2019
Honestly I know people are always saying how riders are rude and yes alot are but do we talk about the attitude of drivers. Had an important document to send across to surulere. Im in college road. I have budgeted 10k as I needed that document executed immediately. So wanted the driver to go and deliver and return same. The wait period will not be up to 5 minutes. Requested trip and driver said he was in my location, saw app 2 mins away. Waited like 4mins and called he says his close, I'm like boss never move on gprs. Waited like 5 mins more and still no show. Called and he said his close.

Waited another 5mins by this time I'm not happy. Boss how far, he says I'm close but y ain't you here not moving on the app. The guy never apologised, never showed empathy. That trip would have netted him nothing less than 6k in like 2 hours tops plus my resolve to spend more on incentives cause of the urgency.

Yes I know he will get a better trip as I'm not his God but the issue of mutual respect and politeness coupled with honesty cannot be overflogged.

We must respect the next man while being respected..yes 6k in 2hours might be small but when I was a driver on the platform na this kind trip i dey find cause e go add to the bottomline quickly

Have a splendid day all grin

19 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Danbull: 9:37am On Jul 02, 2019
Good morning, please help a brother in need, I desperately need a good and fuel efficient car on higher purchase to be used on Uber / taxify platform. I am based in Lagos. Have done rentals before and I think it's time to move on to a new quest. I want a car that the total amount will not be more than 2milion for a year and 4 months plan with a 30/35k weekly delivery. Thank you.
NB. Please I don't have a down payment now, but I can work for a month or two and then we change over to HP. Please help a brother. Thank you

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jceesquare(m): 9:38am On Jul 02, 2019
Buynowautos:
Driver: Aunty plz I can't go down this road.

Rider: but e nor far na, na that tall building with red roof.

Driver: please I'll end the trip here. Me end trip fare 800 naira angry

If I had gone down that road highest 900 naira.
Una dey try ooO.
But funny enough some guys would still drive through that road and pick up nails on their tyre for that ₦100.
SMH

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 9:43am On Jul 02, 2019
jceesquare:

Una dey try ooO.
But funny enough some guys would still drive through that road and pick up nails on their tyre for that ₦100.
SMH

You just need to apply wisdom. If not you will be doing Mr Nice to the detriment of your vehicle which in long run will become loss of money.

Guys let's be wise and apply negotiation. The woman even said a Camry picked her from her house I just told her I car for my vehicle I don't go too far off the grid.

The

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peterdrury: 10:32am On Jul 02, 2019
jceesquare:

Una dey try ooO.
SMH
The fear of low rating.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1746) (1747) (1748) (1749) (1750) (1751) (1752) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.