Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4820248 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2201) (2202) (2203) (2204) (2205) (2206) (2207) ... (5706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 8:27am On Dec 14, 2019
Felicity001:

Bolt is 68/km
Base should 250 I’m really not sure though but very sure about the 68/km
I don’t know about time

Eizenburg:

I know uber’s fees are:

Base = 200
Km. = 60/km
Time = 11/min

What are the respective charges on bolt? Make we do the maths

Nah...Bolt is #65 per km/ #10 per min/ #200 base fare

And #70/km for long distance trips
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 8:29am On Dec 14, 2019
Yesterday was one of my highest earnings, back to back fall on me. Itire/Ajuwon Akute, Akute/oriental, Oriental/Isolo, Isolo/Akinhanmi, finally Luth/Ikorodu (igbogbo). Intually started wirh Gbagada/Unilag .

The sad part was seeing someone being knocked down by a speeding car, at Gbagada yesterday affrrnoon, omo the sound was deafining, even the car's windscreen was completely cracked by the drivers side

I pray God for divine guidance for us all,

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 14, 2019
Felicity001:

Bolt is 68/km
Base should 250 I’m really not sure though but very sure about the 68/km
I don’t know about time
Check the images to know the actual fare calculation

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 8:46am On Dec 14, 2019
skillip:
Yesterday was one of my highest earnings, back to back fall on me. Itire/Ajuwon Akute, Akute/oriental, Oriental/Isolo, Isolo/Akinhanmi, finally Luth/Ikorodu (igbogbo). Intually started wirh Gbagada/Unilag .

The sad part was swing someone being knocked down by a speeding car, at Gbagada yesterday affrrnoon, omo the sound was deafining, even the car's windscreen was completely cracked by the drivers side

Did you say Ajuwon/Akute, igbogbo Ikorodu? Once rider talk say I'm going to Aju before I hear the won,, I go just tell the rider say, I'm sorry, blah blah blah... I'd cancel so u could get another ride that I'll take u to your destination.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 8:55am On Dec 14, 2019
Epphy:

Nah...Bolt is #65 per km/ #10 per min/ #200 base fare

And #70/km for long distance trips

For this hypothetical earning scenario, we’ll assume 50 trips with an average of 10km and 1 hour per trip.

UBER
10km N600
60 mins N660
Base N200
Total = N1460
75% N1095
97% N1416.2
N1095 x 20 trips N21900
N1416.2 x 30 trips N42486
Total Earinings N64386

BOLT
10km N650
60 mins N600
Base N200
Total = N1450
80% N1160
90% N1305
N1160 x 30 trips N34800
N1305 x 20 trips N26100
Total Earinings N60900

Oya, make una start the arguments

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 9:01am On Dec 14, 2019
Oluwabengz:

Did you say Ajuwon/Akute, igbogbo Ikorodu? Once rider talk say I'm going to Aju before I hear the won,, I go just tell the rider say, I'm sorry, blah blah blah... I'd cancel so u could get another ride that I'll take u to your destination.
. Honestly, I didn't want to be on the Island yesterday not knowing there was a tanker incident, so every loooooong trip made sense and besides the rains are over for now. I can NEVER do this during the rainy season.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:06am On Dec 14, 2019
Stay safe guys

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 9:18am On Dec 14, 2019
Good morning guys, hope your night was great.

Read the post on Lastma nonsense... I feel we are just ignorant of the law. No one can and should be allowed to cow you into parting ways with your money on flimsy accusations of breaking traffic laws. Try to be smart and abide with the traffic laws while doing pick ups and drop offs.

Thanks for the heads up though, now we know and should employ caution.

If you get a request, on no account should you allow a rider make you pick them up or drop them off at 'No Parking Zone'... Always tell them to move down to a better position to avoid obstructing traffic in anyway.

On the issue of eating in a car, I had a boss who is against eating in the office and my woman is against eating in the bedroom. Those places are not meant for eating food. The canteen or dinning is meant for that.

Hence, drivers should try to avoid eating in their car or keep empty plates or food bags in their cars. Politely tell a rider that your car is a non smoking or eating zone. Preferably, use a sticker and place it where it will be visible.

I know that Nigerians have no shame and are lawless, but if we all start employing this, it will go a long way in sending a strong message to the riders.

How would a rider feel, entering a car littered with food particles and stains. This should be a direct question you need to always ask those who will want to have string heads.

Let's not always be too anxious to make money, if we desire some amount of respect, then we should be ready to make some few sacrifices. Believe me, a rider you caution against these things will definitely behave on their next ride.

This is just my opinion, what do I know Kwan, am just gearing up to enter the hustle.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Parlee(m): 9:31am On Dec 14, 2019
This early morning one idiot no fit pay ordinary 1k for him ride. Na so him fool himself discharge because of 1k. Bruh uber no gree pay me the bread. I lost ordinary 1k this early morning. GOD DE SHA

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 14, 2019
q
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by opeoyek: 10:05am On Dec 14, 2019
Hello

Am a newbie on this thread, can Lexus es 300 be used for uber/taxify
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rapheal5(m): 10:07am On Dec 14, 2019
Hello house I'm planing on starting uber business next year but I'm really worried about the type of car to buy either camry 05 or corolla 03 and is it advisable to buy on car45 or jiji my budget is between 800k to 900k...And does uber check car mileage cuz most of the car i see online are over 160,000 to 200,000 mileage...Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 10:09am On Dec 14, 2019
Parlee:
This early morning one idiot no fit pay ordinary 1k for him ride. Na so him fool himself discharge because of 1k. Bruh uber no gree pay me the bread. I lost ordinary 1k this early morning. GOD DE SHA

Sorry bruh

Can you share a screenshot of Uber's response
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 10:11am On Dec 14, 2019
sempeman:
Hello house, I just renew my DL and it shows the expiry date and all details but have not yet collect the original id the original id will be out after 6weeks ...can I use this copy to register on bolt

I think so...just attach a clear ID card (maybe your old driver's licence or National ID).
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 10:12am On Dec 14, 2019
opeoyek:
Hello

Am a newbie on this thread, can Lexus es 300 be used for uber/taxify

Yes if it's your personal ride. Although it is not advisable for working 4-5 days weekly cos of the maintenance cost and fuel consumption
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 10:16am On Dec 14, 2019
rapheal5:
Hello house I'm planing on starting uber business next year but I'm really worried about the type of car to buy either camry 05 or corolla 03 and is it advisable to buy on car45 or jiji my budget is between 800k to 900k...And does uber check car mileage cuz most of the car i see online are over 160,000 to 200,000 mileage...Thanks

Caveat emptor and go with a trusted Mec to check.

Mileage doesn't matter I believe.

Pray & fast over which car to buy grin. On a serious note, either of the two is fine, depends on your taste - Corolla consumes less fuel while Camry has more elegance

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 10:22am On Dec 14, 2019
Eizenburg:

For this hypothetical earning scenario, we’ll assume 50 trips with an average of 10km and 1 hour per trip.

UBER
10km N600
60 mins N660
Base N200
Total = N1460
75% N1095
97% N1416.2
N1095 x 20 trips N21900
N1416.2 x 30 trips N42486
Total Earinings N64386

BOLT
10km N650
60 mins N600
Base N200
Total = N1450
80% N1160
90% N1305
N1160 x 30 trips N34800
N1305 x 20 trips N26100
Total Earinings N60900

Oya, make una start the arguments

If someone does less than 40 rides weekly, then UBER makes absolute sense.

But for a die hard fan of Bolt that does 60 trips weekly, make person stick to him Bolt even as Uber makes better sense in this same scenerio.

If someone doesn't do more than 15 - 30 trips weekly, OCar is the smart choice.

In conclusion, Uber over Bolt and Ocar for many trips weekly and Ocar over others for less trips.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 10:38am On Dec 14, 2019
skillip:

The sad part was seeing someone being knocked down by a speeding car, at Gbagada yesterday affrrnoon, omo the sound was deafining, even the car's windscreen was completely cracked by the drivers side

You get mind sha shocked.

I saw surge around Marina yesterday night, positioned there and all the request that came in were Mainland trip. Isolo, Ikorodu, Ago palace way, Oguďu, Badagry.

I just they tell them politely say I no go. I vex go Ahmadu Way, got a request from inside Bonny Camp to Alpha beach. Dropped rider and went home.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by opeoyek: 10:50am On Dec 14, 2019
Ok, thanks
Epphy:

Yes if it's your personal ride. Although it is not advisable for working 4-5 days weekly cos of the maintenance cost and fuel consumption
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:01pm On Dec 14, 2019

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2019
Felicity001:
Guys please I need concrete suggestions. This is my Honda V6 I told you guys about, I bought it some years ago while working as an engineer with Huawei. This is what I’ve been using for ehailing but cost of maintenance is killing for a family man like me, it’s like I’m working for mechanics and fuel stations owner and Uber/taxify.

Now, this is what I need, a good car that can do the work wella because I can’t afford waiting anymore for a job, I’ve applied and attended too many interviews without been called upon, my wife and kids can’t starve while I’m doing that.
I just put the car up for sale yesterday I’m looking at 600-700k maybe to go for HP but how long will I wait to get a buyer is another issue.

But I just thought of something in my sleep now, is there any insurance complaining that I can do a swap with for either a corrola or Honda Civic 03/07 with then probably pay back the balance weekly till the full payment is done? Please if you know of anyone or dealer who can go on this deal kindly provide me with contact details let me walk in there an strike a balance with them.

Please help a brother with family, pikin and oga landlord no understand daddy no get work ooh they must eat and go to school and rent must be paid. NEPA, LAWMA, security and other bills are all pilling up I really need help and urgently.

Contact Gazzuzz
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:04pm On Dec 14, 2019
sempeman:
Hello house, I just renew my DL and it shows the expiry date and all details but have not yet collect the original id the original id will be out after 6weeks ...can I use this copy to register on bolt
Yes you can, but I am not too sure about Uber

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2019
tojahh:

Contact Gazzuzz
I’ve read so many good reports about this man and I believe now is the time to meet him in person.
Boss GAZZUZZ I’m tagging you please how do I reach you biko show thy self. How can you help with this.

Boss tojahh I’m still on that matter oh, you know, I’m casting my net all over the place I’ll get back to you soonest.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 1:55pm On Dec 14, 2019
Felicity001:
Guys

Please help a brother with family, pikin and oga landlord no understand daddy no get work ooh they must eat and go to school and rent must be paid. NEPA, LAWMA, security and other bills are all pilling up I really need help and urgently.
I thought Gazzuzz introduced car swap deal recently
U can contact him
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:05pm On Dec 14, 2019
Rubbiish:

I thought Gazzuzz introduced car swap deal recently
U can contact him
Oh really? I must have missed the page where he did that if you can quote it please kindly do for me to get his contact. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 2:09pm On Dec 14, 2019
Felicity001:

Oh really? I must have missed the page where he did that if you can quote it please kindly do for me to get his contact. Thanks
His contact is on his signature sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 3:17pm On Dec 14, 2019
So no long trip on Opay? Yet to do long trip

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:27pm On Dec 14, 2019
Just got this update from a staff on Ocar

“Dear Drivers,
let's go online now:
1, OCar *surge function* is now online; 2, *Toll gate and Parking costs* can now be added into OCar trip fares.”

The party is getting hotter

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 3:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
Gentlelife50:
So no long trip on Opay? Yet to do long trip

I've only done one... Lekki to Lasuth with crazy traffic.

I also did another (my first trip) but the rider asked that we end the trip in between and he reordered cos he didn't put the final destination while ordering initially
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by medd422: 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2019
Felicity001:
Guys please I need concrete suggestions. This is my Honda V6 I told you guys about, I bought it some years ago while working as an engineer with Huawei. This is what I’ve been using for ehailing but cost of maintenance is killing for a family man like me, it’s like I’m working for mechanics and fuel stations owner and Uber/taxify.

Now, this is what I need, a good car that can do the work wella because I can’t afford waiting anymore for a job, I’ve applied and attended too many interviews without been called upon, my wife and kids can’t starve while I’m doing that.
I just put the car up for sale yesterday I’m looking at 600-700k maybe to go for HP but how long will I wait to get a buyer is another issue.

But I just thought of something in my sleep now, is there any insurance complaining that I can do a swap with for either a corrola or Honda Civic 03/07 with then probably pay back the balance weekly till the full payment is done? Please if you know of anyone or dealer who can go on this deal kindly provide me with contact details let me walk in there an strike a balance with them.

Send me a "hi" on WhatsApp 07084051458. I want to show u a way

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 4:34pm On Dec 14, 2019
Epphy:

I've only done one... Lekki to Lasuth with crazy traffic.

I also did another (my first trip) but the rider asked that we end the trip in between and he reordered cos he didn't put the final destination while ordering initially
That's it, I had same experience twice. First one was from lekki to ojodu and the guy had to gbagada because ojodu didn't work.
Second one Ikeja to mega chicken but the guys input obalende when they told me I simply continued the journey to Ajah, the risk paid off because I was impressed with the fare.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintHilary(m): 5:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
Took a trip on Bolt yesterday nite from GIG Ajah to Megamound Ave (went to pick up my babe for bible studies) grin

Based on my little tym here, i tried as much as possible to be nice to the driver.. No "Hello Oga" of any sort.. I even made my Babe greet him wen we got in..Cool guy gave us some amazing love song in reciprocation kiss

But

Trip ended #400 I gave him 1k cash and I was stepping out I told my babe "help me collect the change" The next tin Driver said Thanks Sir.. I no fit cry cry cry
I just thought about the OTs here again and I had to let it go
After 1round of ministering the gospel to my babe I remembered and gave him 5stars regardless

Well done OGs!

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2201) (2202) (2203) (2204) (2205) (2206) (2207) ... (5706) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Donbrowser9, Pearl1910 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.