Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2783) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4744863 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2780) (2781) (2782) (2783) (2784) (2785) (2786) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 11:29am On Jul 02, 2020
Pilots

Please I'm looking for accommodation and car to drive
Pls help me.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 02, 2020
Hello

If you're interested in partnering up on bolt as a vehicle owner, I'm available as a registered Driver.
Kindly quote me if interested.

Have a great day.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmoOshodi(m): 11:47am On Jul 02, 2020
pope191:

Well I can say things r better than few weeks ago, but its better to keep watching than to jump into conclusion.
sure boss, with the interstate locked down ban being lifted....cashing out season is here....but accepting every trips cos the car ain't yours amount to evil with the level of bad roads...there are "no go area"...if you are lucky ...count yourself lucky and keep quiet....else..and they won't come here to tell us how much they spent fixing the car at the end of the hustle.....most time bad car owner deserves bad driver.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 11:49am On Jul 02, 2020
Godfather10:

Charging using solar with a couple of plugs can be helpful, charging is a couple of hours, if we remove petrol cost drivers l believe will make more, needs to be tested though

I will advise you bring like two first to test the market. For a driver to be bringing car to your office on daily basis means you will recruit drivers living around your office. Mind you most of the drivers partner in this line of business can't even predict where they will be at a particular hour of the day hence you see them turning the car to a self-contained apartment in every part of Lagos grin. Sometimes I will just laugh when a partner comes here and started saying the driver must reside around so so and so.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 11:59am On Jul 02, 2020
kodred:

I understand what you’re saying but put yourself in an investor’s shoes. They need to recoup their investment and yes business has picked up.

Someone complained of getting trips back to back and declining some. Car owners (investors) have really tried bro, hardly any return on their investments for the past 3 months now. Haba! Na paper them take buy the car ni.

Any driver that can’t deliver 20-25k now is not a serious person and does not deserve to be in possession of that car. How long do drivers want to keep short changing car owners eh?

I’m talking about bolt only o.

Guy it's not easy out there oooh, to make such kind of money now no be now...maybe before Corona but now...now if you get such nah luck oooh

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 02, 2020
Uber have gone rogue just like Bolt. Always insist on seeing alert if a rider is going to make that stupid transfer. Don't assume it's Uber and walk away. Had an awful experience yesterday with a rider. Went back to her estate this morning to embarrass her and collect my money. The money wasn't much, too meagre. I wanted to send a message across that you can't just get away with everything.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2020
Cheddaz:
Fuel and commission never comot o

Exactly... Commissions alone is N10, 800, fuel at least N10, 000. Wetin come remain lipsrsealed

P.S I drive my own car.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2020
Well said

Kala11:

Mr Oga. I hope it will not shock you if i say i am the rightful owner of the car i drive.

In as much as I do know the mindset of an average driver towards owner (wanting to feed more than the owner) It doesn't erase the fact that things are hard this time with this economy reality.

We need to be fair with our fellow human. I set out yesterday around 8am and I got home past 11pm fully exhausted. What I came home with is not more than 5k after all expenses. Ride fare is so ridiculous couple with wait time before getting a rider.

Do you also know risk people take trying to move Lagos. God really saved me yesterday. My people, becareful around 2nd rainbow before mile2. Street urchain there are on a rampage. About three cars behind me was rubbed and they carted away with valuables. They hit my car and almost torn my side mirror while escaping. They were about 5 of them. Immediately they noticed we were stock in traffic and some people are beginning to turn of their ignition, they just came from nowhere, shattered there side glasses and forcibly took things from them.

Mind you, posting earning on a public domain is not only good for owner like you to see that drivers are making a killing sum and decided to remit peanut to the owner but also bad for so many other reasons. Security reason alone, knowing fully well that people from all walks of life view this forum for various reason including those law efforcement agencies who would always want to take advantage of your hard earn money. We need to be guided.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
My observation is that most riders on Uber are on card trips especially island axis. So you have little issue about transfer unlike Bolt.
ndubuis:
Uber have gone rogue just like Bolt. Always insist on seeing alert if a rider is going to make that stupid transfer. Don't assume it's Uber and walk away. Had an awful experience yesterday with a rider. Went back to her estate this morning to embarrass her and collect my money. The money wasn't much, too meagre. I wanted to send a message across that you can't just get away with everything.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2020
Electric cars in nigeria, hmmmmmm......

Bad road+ flood will kill the career of the car.

Imagine driving at 80km and you suddenly enter one pot hole cheesy one wire con remove car con off where you wan start from.

Or you are driving in this raining season you con dey perceive some smell like dem dey roast corn inside the car how you go take arrange am.

Or you are jejely driving and there is a fault in the charging or power storing system, car con say battery low system shutdown on top 3mb for night. How you go take solve the matter

The car will not pass group stage in the champions league and will be relegated in local championship

20 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
Anybody buying cars into the ehailing biz rite now is just on high risk.

I mean 1.8m-1.9m on a car for trips of #500, #1,200, #1,500,.

Nah, I can't just imagine putting that kind of money on a biz you HV no control over.

You can't determine the FARES
You can't control the ITINERARY
You can't control the amount of time (waiting endlessly for rides)

You go on leave, even if its a day, the cash stops immediately. embarassed

If the car is available, well give it a try. But to go n put 1.8 million on a car and d biz DT will always put you on the edge.
I'm afraid I can't

Towing van just towed a corolla on Isaac John rite now. That's like 20k shortage for d newbie driver dis week. Dis racket always full of blowing surprises.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2020
So guys watch out for d lastma guys on Falomo bridge if you are coming from Ozumba heading to Alfred Rewane.

D traffic light by the ramp. You know somtyms even when its on red, some cars still wing it n move on...

Yesterday evening 3 lastma guys were on the Falomo bridge itself, ( like directly opposite the mtn car park) they were like 15 metres away from the traffic light.

So if you are coming from Ozumba, you won't see them, until you fully swerve into the road.

I chuckled within me as I drove past grin,cos the way the 3 dudes were intensely focused on the light, it seems their life depended on it.

So avoid any situation to part wt money dis period.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2020
samobaba4u:

I will advise you bring like two first to test the market. For a driver to be bringing car to your office on daily basis means you will recruit drivers living around your office. Mind you most of the drivers partner in this line of business can't even predict where they will be at a particular hour of the day hence you see them turning the car to a self-contained apartment in every part of Lagos grin. Sometimes I will just laugh when a partner comes here and started saying the driver must reside around so so and so.
grin grin

they dont know grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2020
Godfather10:

With Hybrid you use less then half the Petrol you use normally , l am surprised he defaulted, what l am not sure of is if it is tough for our terrible roads
It's not always as it sounds, if it's that efficient it would have been everywhere.
Another thing is the battery is expensive

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2020
Godfather10:

Advise taken Bruv but Drivers have a strong propensity to always cheat the owner if they can owners need to be in the know when things are improving they shouldn’t be kept in the dark, particularly when the lockdown is gradually being lifted.
May God bless your hardwork and send the right passengers to you.
Iam thinking of bringing electric cars to Nigeria there is no need 4 petrol at all, cars will be returned to base /office every night for a full charge and picked up the following morning do you think it’s feasible delivery will be 45k per week

kuku buy corrolla,matrix,vibe wey dey use fuel....no driver go fit dey drive come ur office every night to charge and pick up in d morning...as for the 45k delivery grin grin grin kuku re-read the thread from page one grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by promskid28: 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2020
benitdavid:
I just got activated on bolt this afternoon. Wish me luck as I start this new hustle

Guys please I need a partner vehicle owner. Kindly whatsapp or call me if you are or you know someone, Lagos axis.

Promise
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gift01: 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2020
ollarr:
Please ooo. Igbo elerin to Badagry. Please how the road be, as in if the road is good or bad from there before I put my head ooo. God bless you all as u respond.Thanks
Run from that road except you don't like your car. The road isn't as bad as it was previously but potholes just won't go away plus Agbara to Badagry is another exercise on its own

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hischilling: 1:56pm On Jul 02, 2020
toomush:
Well said

well said, newbies learn from this poet & old folks adjust be security conscious. Keep the street safe for we the users.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hischilling: 2:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
toomush:
Well said bro please folks keep the streets safe for our sake, most especially the newbies.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sofdoc1: 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2020
Godfather10:

Advise taken Bruv but Drivers have a strong propensity to always cheat the owner if they can owners need to be in the know when things are improving they shouldn’t be kept in the dark, particularly when the lockdown is gradually being lifted.
Iam thinking of bringing electric cars to Nigeria there is no need 4 petrol at all, cars will be returned to base /office every night for a full charge and picked up the following morning do you think it’s feasible delivery will be 45k per week

I like this idea of electric cars, you fit pick me as your driver when you get one in sha grin grin

Anyways, there are some questions to ask yourself, if you havent though...

How many miles can the vehicle cover after a full charge?

How efficient i.e rugged is it? No be say e go enter pothole and battery go shift.

Is there a plan B to charge the vehicle in the case of a power problem at base?

Al of these answers should make your decision easier to make.

Good luck!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 2:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
toomush:

Exactly... Commissions alone is N10, 800, fuel at least N10, 000. Wetin come remain lipsrsealed

P.S I drive my own car.

[b]Let me say something at this point.

Did you noticed it's just 3days?

Bro, that's good enough and if he can gross another 50k for the rest of the week he should be able to remit @least 25k if not 30k to owner/partner. That's fear enough.

If your owner/partner still collect 20k from you for now, just keep the deal jealously cos that partner is a good person and you should be generous enough to reciprocate by giving him/her 25k when you have more than enough or excesses.

Except some owner/partners that put more burden on driver by sifting the responsibilities of maintenance to the driver. If owner/partner is expecting a driver to be responsible for servicing and any fault as high as 10k he/she should not expect the driver to remit anything above 20k even 15k but any owner that still takes care of servicing and expenses above 5k should be appreciated and I won't advise such to do anything below 20k cos it's not profitable. And if your driver is still doing 25k please appreciate him/her by taking him/her out for launch grin cos it's not easy as well

And if you think I'm talking from owner side of view my friend you are wrong.

Though I'm not in support of people posting earnings but I can tell you that even during the 6am-8pm working hours, we still bless God. Though the earnings wasn't like before but it was stress-free because there was no traffic that period and I loved it.

A friend called and told me he needed a car ( this is the person that introduced me to Uber/Bolt) and I told him there's car but can you do 25k?

His response was you know how the thing be now and I told him I am not part of that so if you can't Let's forget it. He agreed and picked the car and he's been doing the 25k for almost a month now. He has nothing to worry about cos the owner/partner takes care of almost everything.

Whatever we do we surely know in our minds either good or bad. As Yorùbá people use to say that "Ènìyàn méjì kì í pàdánù irọ́........" If the person I'm lying to doesn't know I'm telling lies, I will definitely know inside me that I'm telling lies.
The only thing is that some people's (both owners/drivers) conscience is already dead. An average owner is looking for a driver to enslaved vis-a-vis an average driver or let me say average Nigerian and we are the first to condemn the leaders.

I beg make I stop jàre wetin I kúkú know.
Please I'm not here to exchange words with anyone.
Just be fear enough sikena[/b]

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by banidoc(m): 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2020
Experienced, Registered Uber Driver needed.
criteria :
must reside around Ikeja environs,
must be registered already on the platform
must be trustworthy and credit worthy
must possess a valid Drivers Licence
must have a guarantor

buzz me asap : https:///2348060985916
call : 09055513210
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
Godfather10:

That will mean they will be staying very close to u, and them having to drop at base after work might impact their work schedule negatively especially when the said driver is yet to met up with daily target... In the absence of fuel...between 35-40 is quiet reasonable (with respect to the current time achievable)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
stacyadams:

kuku buy corrolla,matrix,vibe wey dey use fuel....no driver go fit dey drive come ur office every night to charge and pick up in d morning...as for the 45k delivery grin grin grin kuku re-read the thread from page one grin

Plus he didn't say if he owns the establishment or he just works there? What if he stops working there tomorrow, na so kasali go dey follow mofo hupandown because he won charge moto. Hmmm.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
toomush:

Guy it's not easy out there oooh, to make such kind of money now no be now...maybe before Corona but now...now if you get such nah luck oooh

I know. I’m only trying to say things are improving compared to previous weeks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2020
toomush:

P.S I drive my own car.

In 3 days I net above 25k after commission and fuel and you’re saying wetin remain? If I gross even 40k the rest days, am I not on chilling?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 3:10pm On Jul 02, 2020
Guys anytime u are going to festac from vi. Check Gmap. If the traffic is so bad. Use oshodi or charge them offline. My experience today is terrible. Heavy traffic from suru Alaba to mile 2. This guy and d girl friend came down and ask me to end trip. I stayed on that traffic for more than 1hr :30m alone. I will never do such mistake again. Festac trip na offline straight. I feel like putting up the guys number so people can call him and tell him how bad what he did. I beg him to compensate me since I didn’t bring myself here. He ordered me to this place. He refuse that he’s going to spend more on bike

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2020
kodred:

In 3 days I net above 25k after commission and fuel and you’re saying wetin remain? If I gross even 40k the rest days, am I not on chilling?
My brother you are doing great
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2020
Whenever I look at people uploading earnings and show whatever they make I’ll just keep it cool. Because most of them don’t know the implications of what they’re doing.

Well I’ll tell una wey Dey upload earnings that you’ve coursed me big mess and am dealing with it personally.

Did you people know that there are drivers that mainly work at night? NO I don’t think you know but yes I’m the kind of driver that works mainly on the island at night.

Back then how I used to do my hustle before lockdown, I’ll manage to set trip using UBER to the island, on Monday morning. I will try as much as possible to reach 15-17 trips on Monday alone using UBER with my 12 hours driving time. (Yes is possible short trips were much on admiralty way)

I’ll exhaust my timing on UBER then proceed to bolt and hustle (I’m using bolt money for fueling and likely to have cash) I’ll close by 12-1am. I’m definitely sleeping on the island in the car.

Tuesday morning, I’ll wake by 4.30am to 5am clean up and brush change my wears (I used to pack my well dry cleaned clothes in the trunk) so Avoid looking down or anything from riders. Car been checked and I’ll try as much as possible to avoid trips to airport cos it’ll dull my day.

I’ll set my destination back to like Ajah or Sangotedo. I’m likely to get cos olosho will leave early in the morning to their various houses. From their I’ll be with my UBer 20 trips and 3% before 12pm. I’ll never rest I’ll be cashing till I get mainland trip back to where I reside.

I’ll use Wednesday to rest pack my cloth head out on the island on Wednesday night and hustle till day break (you that hustle in the morning likely to face traffic and the time you’re sleeping, I’m 100% cashing out) I know most drivers used to do like this except all the babas in the platform that their body can’t take it anymore.

I used to this hustle which I called “make little in the day and rest to enjoy the nights” Uber credit me almost every week with nothing less down above 25k since they started their 3% commission unless if you don’t wish to work.

I have sincerely never used Taxify for 2days before in my entire time of being hustle on ehailings.

My brothers the reason for my long epistle that affected me badly:-

1. I’ll have to hustle and wait during the day many hours without getting request

2. You most likely to accept all trips that comes in to avoid been deactivated

3. Your cars wear out quickly and nothing to show for it

4. There’s disadvantages of curfew timing

5. No night hustle anymore

I’m on HP I’ll have to repair the car myself (mind you, since the beginning of easing the lockdown have never remit my agreed weekly remittances because I’ve not been meeting up) my mind as being on it but the situations is unbearable. We hustling back then on smooth road like Lekki Ajah axis, we don’t know what god has done for our cars.

Now I know the real deal is just like Village people don start my matter put for table “have changed shocks, all sand protectors, panel work on silencer, danfo don commot side mirror, 2 tyres, and leakage”

I’m yet to change brake disk, hub, engine seats, my engine as started leaking can’t even detect where it’s happens but the damages is due to the bad road (abaranje) omo the work isn’t the same but then my Best boss don increase the weekly remittances.

Even the previous one I was unable to even remit because the whole work nowadays just be like magic I don’t understand.

Taxiscam will show you big figures but when you check your bank account and cash you have at hand, you’ll be confused like how, why, and where money goes you’ll even be suspecting wether rider steal you money.

Uber system is just the best they show you figures of exactly what you make.

So to you sharing figures up and down because it’s work for you continue oh. Just know you have brothers, sisters and families here you’re letting them be jobless.

We y’all know it’s isn’t easy for the car owners but then it’s isn’t our fault too oh.

When it was good times we delivered but this hard times especially we that had to repair any cost and maintenance of the vehicle and still remitting. Pls make una try and reason sometimes say before una drop that figures, you’re about collecting job from someone.

Stay safe

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 3:34pm On Jul 02, 2020
northbird:
So guys watch out for d lastma guys on Falomo bridge if you are coming from Ozumba heading to Alfred Rewane.

D traffic light by the ramp. You know somtyms even when its on red, some cars still wing it n move on...

Yesterday evening 3 lastma guys were on the Falomo bridge itself, ( like directly opposite the mtn car park) they were like 15 metres away from the traffic light.

So if you are coming from Ozumba, you won't see them, until you fully swerve into the road.

I chuckled within me as I drove past grin,cos the way the 3 dudes were intensely focused on the light, it seems their life depended on it.

So avoid any situation to part wt money dis period.

Lastma people are all out to catch drivers now. Had an experience with them this morning at agidingbi (the traffic light in front of Mobil). They said i beat traffic light! How?

The light was green, when I wanted to cross over ( but the cars in front of me were going slowly) their truck was coming from asabi cole( they did as if they wanted to pass( they even shouted it, not knowing that was trap to stop me for the light to change. Next thing they all jumped down, started taking pictures and all that, put spikes...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
Godfather10:

If it means the driver dosent need to spend a Kobo on Petrol l think buying a generator will be worth while, cars will have to be packed in the office or base everyday for charging

Don't test water with electric car yet, hybrid is still good to go with for now. Think about the scarcity of personnel to repair the electric cars, the cost of repair in terms of spare parts and workmanship.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2780) (2781) (2782) (2783) (2784) (2785) (2786) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Welz(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.