Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4747807 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5144) (5145) (5146) (5147) (5148) (5149) (5150) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 5:26am On Feb 09, 2023
Tgiirl:

How una dey see other drivers bid. My rida app no get am o

You will not see what every other person bid but you will see the cheapest offer. It will be at the bottom right with the tag "Best Offer" and Rida will tell you that other driver(s) made a better offer, consider lowering your price to secure order.

With Rida, I still net 20k+ after commission. It's easier to secure orders on Rida than on Indriver. Indriver drivers don't even check where the rider is going before clicking accept.

Their fastest fingers is on another level. Sometimes, I use to ask if some drivers wrote a Javascript code to auto accept orders.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BestTrades: 7:42am On Feb 09, 2023

To check vin of any car

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification ..

https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 8:02am On Feb 09, 2023
Tgiirl:
I AM +1 TODAY.

So I start work on bolt very early today from 6am and by 8:30am . Already gross 12k. Then trips began to get difficult to see.

Between 8:30am and 11 am, I was only able to do 3k more.

And till now no other trips has been found on either bolt, indriver and rida.

Its Time to go back home to celebrate my birthday 🎂 🥳 🎉
Belated happy birthday, boss.
More gracious years ahead.
Much respect, baba.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 9:36am On Feb 09, 2023
Dailyparrot:

You will not see what every other person bid but you will see the cheapest offer. It will be at the bottom right with the tag "Best Offer" and Rida will tell you that other driver(s) made a better offer, consider lowering your price to secure order.

With Rida, I still net 20k+ after commission. It's easier to secure orders on Rida than on Indriver. Indriver drivers don't even check where the rider is going before clicking .

Their fastest fingers is on another level. Sometimes, I use to ask if some drivers wrote a Javascript code to auto accept orders.
The bold isn't true.
You will always see some orders on indrive that nobody will pick. It will remain there and you will wonder why nobody is picking.
And the reason is always the destination.
You for say "Some Indrive Drivers".
If all of us no dey check destinations before picking, I suppose dey gross 50k everyday unfailingly.
But the truth be say, make una sha leave indrive for us like that, Rida and Bolt are better than that yéyé indrive jor. grin
Much respect, boss.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 10:47am On Feb 09, 2023
glambo:
Parts for Camry 2004

Steering rack ₦47,000
Front shock ₦27,000
Back shock ₦27,000
Absorber rubber ₦8,000
Linkage ₦4,000
Engine oil ₦17,000 hardex
Fliter ₦2000
Kick brush- ₦3500

Abeg how you see am.
Na my mechanic give price

It's better you get new ordinary parts. Prices are higher but will serve u well
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 10:49am On Feb 09, 2023
glambo:

Please what is your own idea of the prices.
The shocks are new

New OEM front shocks are 35k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TUBLEZ(m): 10:52am On Feb 09, 2023
Ridda app drivers don mad 😠 😆 🤣

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 10:56am On Feb 09, 2023
Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I really appreciate. One love.

How is work today on bolt, indriver and rida.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 10:57am On Feb 09, 2023
TUBLEZ:
Ridda app drivers don mad 😠 😆 🤣

Nawa o

Indriver and expecially rida dey spoil our business o

E better like say na only lagride drivers dey enjoy good fare and back to back trips

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Easyincome24: 11:10am On Feb 09, 2023
Jump start always the problem, why?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tonyemos: 12:19pm On Feb 09, 2023
Hello greetings everyone
I am Benedict Obute and am experience Uber driver
I am looking for a car to drive on UBER and other platforms.
Please if you have a car for me or connections
Contact on 08064156060
Call or WhatsApp.
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
Avoid going towards berger, there's an accident along that route casing heavy traffic....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TUBLEZ(m): 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2023
Tgiirl:

Nawa o

Indriver and expecially rida dey spoil our business o

E better like say na only lagride drivers dey enjoy good fare and back to back trips
especially now that sanwo olu introduced 50% reduction in lagride fare

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:02pm On Feb 09, 2023
TUBLEZ:
especially now that sanwo olu introduced 50% reduction in lagride fare

Lol... that's only for 7 days, not everyone is inclined to use public mode of transportation.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 3:33pm On Feb 09, 2023
Dailyparrot:

With Rida, I still net 20k+ after commission. It's easier to secure orders on Rida than on Indriver. Indriver drivers don't even check where the rider is going before clicking accept.

Rida dey collect commission from you?

2ndly, Rida and Indrive are almost same. None is better than the other. On Rida, 30 drivers will be bidding for a request....you will even see ridiculous prices. On Indrive, riders can't reduce price below a certain level. You need to be extra fast(with a fast phone/network) to take a request.

I waited for over 1 hour today looking for a request on both Apps, I didn't eventually get, I decided to go eat and relax till 4pm.

Drivers are so much now on all e-hailing apps and riders are very few.

Drivers are desperate now!

Everywhere just dey somehow

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2023
Barbiturate:

Rida dey collect commission from you?

2ndly, Rida and Indrive are almost same. None is better than the other. On Rida, 30 drivers will be bidding for a request....you will even see ridiculous prices. On Indrive, riders can't reduce price below a certain level. You need to be extra fast(with a fast phone/network) to take a request.

I waited for over 1 hour today looking for a request on both Apps, I didn't eventually get, I decided to go eat and relax till 4pm.

Drivers are so much now on all e-hailing apps and riders are very few.

Drivers are desperate now!

Everywhere just dey somehow

This is the pure fact...

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 5:04pm On Feb 09, 2023
What is wrong with some drivers, even if you're desperate and there's scarcity of requests, that doesn't mean you should do any request that comes your way.

I was so pissed this afternoon, someone requested me from mushin here, the person is going to mafoluku, normally, I don't do trips less than 2k but because everywhere dry and requests wasn't coming, I just said I should honor it and probably from there, I will get better one.

I drove to the rider and she was already waiting at the bus stop, to my surprise, I saw cartons of tiles beside her, like 40 units of it (those normal tiles inside small cartons, I guess 5 pieces in a carton)

She pointed at it and said this is what I'm carrying, I just look at the woman's face with a very annoying look, told her how can you order private car to carry tiles and not even 5 cartons of it but over 30, her response just got me angry, she said I should go if I can't carry it so that her daughter can book someone else, in my mind, I said no sensible driver will carry this on a trip of 2k highest, even 10k, I can't carry it.

I was surprised when another driver came with big daddy and carried all the tiles but if you see how his car went down, I'm sure, if he passes where there's hump, his bumper might pull off...

Honestly, some drivers have made riders to abuse and use our services anyhow...

17 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2023
I'm speechless,I'm sure na dat 2k dem go pay upon all the heavy load, anyhow sha na hin shock absorbers go suffer am,na wa o
Omoapena:
What is wrong with some drivers, even if you're desperate and there's scarcity of requests, that doesn't mean you should do any request that comes your way.

I was so pissed this afternoon, someone requested me from mushin here, the person is going to mafoluku, normally, I don't do trips less than 2k but because everywhere dry and requests wasn't coming, I just said I should honor it and probably from there, I will get better one.

I drove to the rider and she was already waiting at the bus stop, to my surprise, I saw cartons of tiles beside her, like 40 units of it (those normal tiles inside small cartons, I guess 5 pieces in a carton)

She pointed at it and said this is what I'm carrying, I just look at the woman's face with a very annoying look, told her how can you order private car to carry tiles and not even 5 cartons of it but over 30, her response just got me angry, she said I should go if I can't carry it so that her daughter can book someone else, in my mind, I said no sensible driver will carry this on a trip of 2k highest, even 10k, I can't carry it.

I was surprised when another driver came with big daddy and carried all the tiles but if you see how his car went down, I'm sure, if he passes where there's hump, his bumper might pull off...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 6:26pm On Feb 09, 2023
Omo this naira scarcity will humble a lot of people o,chai I Neva recover from the 2k wey GTB give me yesterday,upon the thousands in my aza.hmmmmm austerity times are here

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 6:37pm On Feb 09, 2023

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2023
Tgiirl:

New OEM front shocks are 35k
That's for the regular china shocks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2023
These bandits plus hoodlum drivers have also invaded Rida, wahala dey ooo.
Na so so sorry rider choose another driver, abi the drivers dey sleep inside the riders phone?
grin
Wahala

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by okey4reel(m): 7:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
Abeg guys how una dey take follow Lastma guys and police, them dey always worry me, can't count how much I have paid to those useless guys, most times I follow some road I am not familiar with and they say its one way, I passed through Akowonjo / Egbeda bridge this evening and they said its one way, they held me and my car, come say make I bring 5k. I don tire

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 7:53pm On Feb 09, 2023
It's one way once it's past two o clock.
okey4reel:
Abeg guys how una dey take follow Lastma guys and police, them dey always worry me, can't count how much I have paid to those useless guys, most times I follow some road I am not familiar with and they say its one way, I passed through Akowonjo / Egbeda bridge this evening and they said its one way, they held me and my car, come say make I bring 5k. I don tire
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 7:54pm On Feb 09, 2023
I Went To Driving School Today And I'm Really Giving Up. by AutoManual: 8:02pm On Feb 08
I went to driving school today and meant with the guys there. I told them I want to learn manual. Even when some of them was telling me manual is fading out that majority of people are preferring to learn auto and they said some people who learn manual also came back to learn auto.

My reason was that if I can learn manual I can learn automatic, because I have heard that from people, I choose 5 days learning and they said 30minus & 1 hour has different prices, but I choose the 5 days 30 minutes, although I bargain the price. I filled the form and the driving session started.

Few minutes that we started I already giving up, I feel like not learning again. My concentration was not even there it was tidius to remember all this I need to do. Because I was forgetting all the things the guy told me before we started.

Here are my problem.
1. Understanding the pendel. Little press the car if jecking. When I applied brake it stop sudden and the vehicle will off abruptly.
2. Losing focus and what to do when I'm tens specially when I am approaching junction or a big car.
3. I am more concerned with the cars at my back or around me because I was moving slowly. The guy keep telling me to forget about them and focus on my side. Is document I filled said I will be the one to pay for damages incurred during the session.
3, knowing how and when to change the gear. I haven't mastered it and I feel it's too hard with the calculations. When I was filling the form there was some disclaimer on the document that I will be held responsible for any damages. I also learnt that the break is sometimes press. It was then I understand that the guy can press the brake from his own side of the car. Although I didn't tell him but I know.

Handling the wheel. To make a turn accurately on the road or control the wheel is really off.

Look like driving is really hard with manual

I was saving and planing to buy a Nigeria use car and I was focusing on manual because I heard people saying it easy to maintain but right now with the look of things I don't think I can buy manual again oh.

The two things I thought today while on the wheel is to buy auto and a small car.

Tomorrow I will go there again to learn and keep this thread updated.copied
Dude is suffering from First time jitters

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:39pm On Feb 09, 2023
okey4reel:

Are you doing ehailing or just a passive driver in Lagos?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by okey4reel(m): 9:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
northbird:

Are you doing ehailing or just a passive driver in Lagos?
I am doing ehailing
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:05pm On Feb 09, 2023
okey4reel:

I am doing ehailing

Then,read up on the thread. There's a particular page highlighting major pitfalls/one way roads .find it.

Don't dive into all areas in Lagos. You are to make money ,not tour guide the whole of Lagos. Always use Gmap as a guide. Trust your instincts more.

Bolt &Uber won't tell you this... As a rookie, you shouldn't go to some parts of lagos,leave that to the experienced ones.

I will tell you this for free. Balogun market by Uba,lagos island, there's no day I pass that route that I don't see Lastma & Cbd arresting at least 2 uber cars.. ..I look at those guys and I know they are rookies.. Most riders will tell you to quickly drop or pick them by Uba or by the roadside, once you do that, you already put yourself on the way to Sura.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:09pm On Feb 09, 2023
easytig:
I'm speechless,I'm sure na dat 2k dem go pay upon all the heavy load, anyhow sha na hin shock absorbers go suffer am,na wa o

E fit be say na owner dey do maintenance.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:11pm On Feb 09, 2023
northbird:

Read up on the thread. There's a particular page highlighting major pitfalls/one way roads .find it.

Don't dive into all areas in Lagos. You are to make money ,not tour guide the whole of Lagos. Always use Gmap as a guide. Trust your instincts more.

Bolt &Uber won't tell you this... As a rookie, you shouldn't go to some parts of lagos,leave that to the experienced ones.

I will tell you this for free. Balogun market by Uba,lagos island, there's no day I pass that route that I don't see Lastma & Cbd arresting at least 2 uber cars.. ..I look at those guys and I know they are rookies.. Most riders will tell you to quickly drop or pick them by Uba or by the roadside, once you do that, you already put yourself on the way to Sura.

With time him go catchup, that akowonjo signage dey clear and visible except they don commot am sha. Marina i no dey go there during the week for any reason. Those hungry looking Cbd guys na baba weyrey, they mad pass lastma.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
Omoapena:

Boss, hope no be me wey come carry the stuff you saw. cheesy
I showed up with a gold big daddy and both my front and back bumpers dey even scratch the road as I was leaving.
You come shout, wéré-wéré crazy driver! On top my head. abi? grin

But seriously, all this wey you talk no go enter some drivers ears at all. Even if na 10bags of cement, some go still carry am with mumu fare price. sad

Like today, I dropped a girl at unilag, as I was driving to go position myself, na so orders popped up and I picked one, the passenger accepted me and I arrived at her PUP. I called her and she said she was coming; I waited for over 20mins, she no come. For my mind, I have concluded I will cancel her ride, but I want stress her small.
As she came out, she asked me to drive front a bit, as I drove towards her, come see load; bags and cloths. I just dey laugh say well done.
I allowed her put all her belongings inside boot and back seat, whereas, I already cancelled her ride while she was doing that with one girl helping her.
When she was done, she begged make I give am 2 mins say she wanted to take her room key, I no talk. She spent another 10mins, as she came out to enter car say she don ready, I asked her to pack all her loads out, that I have another order waiting for me.
She and her helper were surprised. I just dey look both of them.
Dem pack all those things out and I just shut my boot and door, they didn't expect such attitude, from their faces, you would clearly read it.
I just zoomed off go position for Abule Ijesha road.
Wetin vex me gangan na that delay. She come get plenty loads join am. I was just laughing.
Much respect, boss.

19 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 11:59pm On Feb 09, 2023
Glithronix:

As she came out, she asked me to drive front a bit, as I drove towards her, come see load; bags and cloths. I just dey laugh say well done.
I allowed her put all her belongings inside boot and back seat, whereas, I already cancelled her ride while she was doing that with one girl helping her.
When she was done, she begged make I give am 2 mins say she wanted to take her room key, I no talk. She spent another 10mins, as she came out to enter car say she don ready, I asked her to pack all her loads out, that I have another order waiting for me.
She and her helper were surprised. I just dey look both of them.
Dem pack all those things out and I just shut my boot and door, they didn't expect such attitude, from their faces, you would clearly read it.
I just zoomed off go position for Abule Ijesha road.
Wetin vex me gangan na that delay. She come get plenty loads join am. I was just laughing.

Baba, Na you wicked pass for all the drivers wey dey do e-hailing for lag! Habba! Wetin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5144) (5145) (5146) (5147) (5148) (5149) (5150) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.