Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4772664 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5145) (5146) (5147) (5148) (5149) (5150) (5151) ... (5697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Timagex(m): 12:17am On Feb 10, 2023
Glithronix:

Boss, hope no be me wey come carry the stuff you saw. cheesy
I showed up with a gold big daddy and both my front and back bumpers dey even scratch the road as I was leaving.
You come shout, wéré-wéré crazy driver! On top my head. abi? grin

But seriously, all this wey you talk no go enter some drivers ears at all. Even if na 10bags of cement, some go still carry am with mumu fare price. sad

Like today, I dropped a girl at unilag, as I was driving to go position myself, na so orders popped up and I picked one, the passenger accepted me and I arrived at her PUP. I called her and she said she was coming; I waited for over 20mins, she no come. For my mind, I have concluded I will cancel her ride, but I want stress her small.
As she came out, she asked me to drive front a bit, as I drove towards her, come see load; bags and cloths. I just dey laugh say well done.
I allowed her put all her belongings inside boot and back seat, whereas, I already cancelled her ride while she was doing that with one girl helping her.
When she was done, she begged make I give am 2 mins say she wanted to take her room key, I no talk. She spent another 10mins, as she came out to enter car say she don ready, I asked her to pack all her loads out, that I have another order waiting for me.
She and her helper were surprised. I just dey look both of them.
Dem pack all those things out and I just shut my boot and door, they didn't expect such attitude, from their faces, you would clearly read it.
I just zoomed off go position for Abule Ijesha road.
Wetin vex me gangan na that delay. She come get plenty loads join am. I was just laughing.
Much respect, boss.

When are you organizing a "wickedness" master class? shocked

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 12:31am On Feb 10, 2023
Barbiturate:

Baba, Na you wicked pass for all the drivers wey dey do e-hailing for lag! Habba! Wetin

Timagex:

When are you organizing a "wickedness" master class? shocked
Bosses, who's more wicked between me and her?
How can you delay a driver for almost 40mins?!
Some passengers wicked pass all of una wey dey claim hoodlum drivers here. grin
That 40 mins wey go don fetch person thousands of naira. angry
At least, that would send a message to her that no be all drivers mumu.
Something wey dem no fit try on bolt.
See, those wey dey delay drivers know wetin dem dey do.
If the fare was like 7k+, I no go cancel am. cool
But a fare wey no even reach 4k, you come delay me outside for almost 40 mins.
Who does that?!
Who takes that?!

Much respect, bosses.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 1:55am On Feb 10, 2023
Gentlelife50:

U no come share the trip experience for us?
Tell us how u take waka?

Omo, it was fun and stressful.

Set out 5:08am from my house in isheri idimu, Vibing to my favorite Ayinla omo wura.
The joy of beating every car on the way mostly corolla and lexus without even trying gave me my first satisfaction.
I was crusing between 70mph to 100mph (112km -160km - 160 being top speed sha), I no too Run.
Got to Ibadan at about 7 . I was surprised cos i thought its 100km per hour so why i no reach 6am, the math didn’t add up, but not bad sha.

Had just one check point which is before Guru Maraj and na only 400 i give them. , the customs before shagamu no even dey, be like this journey dey sweet.

The ibadan police stop and search by that diversion to Gas cut the joy short by creating unnecessary drama. Say dealer cert don expire n dealer plate particular not verifiable.
I sha follow them to Bashorun station ibadan, as the officer in charge no wan collect ODI. Him say make i go meet oga for station. Lol , this ones think say dem don see customer.

Got to Bashorun, they requested phones off, come start to dey search car for weed. Shey me wey be alfa olohun lol.
As them no see, them look me look freshness, them say make dem check my phone. Normal stuff i dont allow, but some fight no worth am, mainly when i no dey my zone. I give their superior, he got tired of seeing all my restaurant food pics. Baba say na only dodo this one dey snap? I reply am say , if na yahoo u dey find e no dey. And abeg my wife nude dey there no reach am. Man dropped phone and said i should write statement , told him i wont cos “all case na settlement “. He laughed and said i should see the junior officer, that one go dey bill me 100k 😂 i say how much be fine for the crime gan gan, when i no carry deadbody or cocaine. After long dragging , walahi i pity give them 4k , pay 200 for gate (those ones too ask for 500), una never see anything.

They directed me from Bashorun straight to gas sha after wasting my time.

Headed straight for my destination, all these micra forming jamesbond sef made my day, y’all clearly see a benz and be trying to over take like u had a tuned up camaro engine lol. Met some road safety, some respected my corper cap, some check boot. Paid nobody nothing, but una talk for here make i hold 10k na, we no really spend lai that noohhh.

As e dey sweet again, those micra head catch me, saw low coolant level on dashboard (i always pay attention), luckily temperature never rise. Love the benz safety alert for that, cos other cars, na rising we dey take know. Went to the engine and check, low and behold, radiator hose don commot . Which kain wahala be this

Parked and luckily i was close to a small settlement in the bush, one of the farmers own a truck, then called his mechanic from town for me, if it happened just 2km before or after, it would have been hell. God always dey for me. And these people were super nice and concerned.

Mechanic came, we found both coolant hose problem, the rubber in the chamber don slack, then fan belt sef dom almost cut finish, na my guardian angel just say make e be that place i park. This was 6km from Ogbomosho. Bent was fixed , coolant was to be managed to further notice. Head to Malete and agter wasting over 5hours for fixing (couldnt get mechanic on time) i finally got to Malete. Kwara expressway quite nice anyway.

Lodged at E Place , close to Kwasu, and oh my God, these girls wan blind people husband. Bumshort up and down inside kwara, una no even fear God lol.

Rested wednesday, and out to try the clubs on Thursday , just to be told clubs mostly work on fridays and Saturday. Only 3 clubs in kwasu , Sydney, Excapade and Pando Lion. With Sydney being the classy one and Pando being the vibes. Couldnt get any cos all closed till weekend, so i just had to eat in sydney (chicken and chips) and walk out. Bye kwasu, Ilorin things tomorrow morning.

Overall the ride was comfortable so far, I achieved 25 and 26mpg, car was VERY smooth, good experience except for fuel, i used half tank already getting to malete. Full tank is 77 litres , for a 310km journey not sure I’m impressed abi na me?

Clubs couldnt allow me vibe with malete girls too, ilorin we see tomorrow. And I’ll drop my trip back on sunday, Good night.
By the way, who want “Wara”? (Local cheese)

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 5:31am On Feb 10, 2023
easytig:
It's one way once it's past two o clock.

Its 3pm actually...

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 5:36am On Feb 10, 2023
YeyeGbami:

E fit be say na owner dey do maintenance.

Exactly, nah owner go dey do am, and I'm sure once that car has any major issue, the guy will just abandon it and start outsourcing for another car...such a wicked person.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 5:49am On Feb 10, 2023
YeyeGbami:

With time him go catchup, that akowonjo signage dey clear and visible except they don commot am sha. Marina i no dey go there during the week for any reason. Those hungry looking Cbd guys na baba weyrey, they mad pass lastma.

Omo.
I no even talk my experience with the CBD guys last week, they want turn me to mad person for road, see me dey shout for them for road.

I was coming from broad street and got a request to yaba, rider was at that elephant building shortly after the apongbon bridge on the left, traffic light going straight to the under bridge already passed me but the one to go straight is red and I know that light is for people going straight so I turned left since it should automatically mean turn left on red, that's how this CBD guy just came to me, I asked, oga wetin happen, the guy pointed at the light and I said isn't that for people going straight, he said its for everyone under the bridge, I argued how can it be for everyone under the bridge, wouldn't that causes congestion under the bridge for people going to join the bridge in front.

Serious argument ensued as he was trying to tell me I was wrong and blablabla, me that I was already frustrated with low requests and all, I just started shouting what is wrong with you people, if you see how everyone dey look me like what could make this fine guy be shouting at the top of his voice, while I was still dragging and arguing with the stupid CBD, my rider kept calling, at a point, I picked and told him I will call him back as I'm trying to deal with the CBD, I never knew my rider already sighted me and he came towards me with an agbero guy, that's how my rider just told the CBD guys that he was the one I was coming to carry, immediately the CBD guys heard that, them weak straight, one of them was like I should sha give them 1k to buy card, I just look the guy tell am say shishi no dey my hand.

That's how God use that my rider to save me that day o, I've been driving for 2years+ now, & thats the 1st time I will have issue with CBD and I know I was right cuz it was obvious it's a turn left on red road but those guys are just using it to scam motorist...

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 5:56am On Feb 10, 2023
To people renting and giving out their cars, see this...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 7:30am On Feb 10, 2023
Crvrider:

You can try this guy out +234 810 476 4373. The laptop I am currently using is from him. He has great customer service plus he does home delivery.

U dey carry my money go outside

Fally and Tojahh don patronize me na, legit and reliable. Come for laptops and apple phones.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 7:31am On Feb 10, 2023

I am not in Lag sir

We do nationwide delivery. Check my contact in profile please.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 7:51am On Feb 10, 2023
Barbiturate:

Rida dey collect commission from you?

2ndly, Rida and Indrive are almost same. None is better than the other. On Rida, 30 drivers will be bidding for a request....you will even see ridiculous prices. On Indrive, riders can't reduce price below a certain level. You need to be extra fast(with a fast phone/network) to take a request.

I waited for over 1 hour today looking for a request on both Apps, I didn't eventually get, I decided to go eat and relax till 4pm.

Drivers are so much now on all e-hailing apps and riders are very few.

Drivers are desperate now!

Everywhere just dey somehow

What I meant is after commission using all the apps.

Where do you want to see trips on Rida alone that will fetch you that amount in a day
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by glambo(m): 8:03am On Feb 10, 2023
Una moove driver don block road for Aboyade Cole this morning oooooi.

But they were nice enough to leave one lane for other road users make we drive go our office.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 8:10am On Feb 10, 2023
okey4reel:
Abeg guys how una dey take follow Lastma guys and police, them dey always worry me, can't count how much I have paid to those useless guys, most times I follow some road I am not familiar with and they say its one way, I passed through Akowonjo / Egbeda bridge this evening and they said its one way, they held me and my car, come say make I bring 5k. I don tire

Where in egbeda u pass cos only on dopemu bridge amd the road beside first royal (if u dont make a uturn to enter it), is where u can have issues
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 8:11am On Feb 10, 2023
easytig:
It's one way once it's past two o clock.

Its from 3pm to 12am

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 8:26am On Feb 10, 2023
Dailyparrot:

What I meant is after commission using all the apps.

Where do you want to see trips on Rida alone that will fetch you that amount in a day

I worked only on Rida on Wednesday and made 22500.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Baker77: 10:09am On Feb 10, 2023
Barbiturate:

I worked only on Rida on Wednesday and made 22500.
What's the secret chief?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:23am On Feb 10, 2023
Y1nka:

U dey carry my money go outside

Fally and Tojahh don patronize me na, legit and reliable. Come for laptops and apple phones.

My guy sorry I beg I no know. The need for the laptop just came up impromptu...had to source on jiji.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:45am On Feb 10, 2023
Baker77:

What's the secret chief?

Very good question. If there's any ehailing app out there that cuts my fuse, it has to be rida.

The other day I got a ride from ago palace way to Chevy view for 8500 on rida. Then from there to lekki phase 1 on indrive and that was it. No matter what I did I could not get another ride. On rida I will see 1min pick up but the next thing I will see is, "sorry rider choose another driver". Haba! for 1min pick up again!? What can be closer than 1min pick up? Same price, no addition, no subtraction, 5 star rating...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:12pm On Feb 10, 2023
Omoapena:

Omo.
I no even talk my experience with the CBD guys last week, they want turn me to mad person for road, see me dey shout for them for road.

I was coming from broad street and got a request to yaba, rider was at that elephant building shortly after the apongbon bridge on the left, traffic light going straight to the under bridge already passed me but the one to go straight is red and I know that light is for people going straight so I turned left since it should automatically mean turn left on red, that's how this CBD guy just came to me, I asked, oga wetin happen, the guy pointed at the light and I said isn't that for people going straight, he said its for everyone under the bridge, I argued how can it be for everyone under the bridge, wouldn't that causes congestion under the bridge for people going to join the bridge in front.

Serious argument ensued as he was trying to tell me I was wrong and blablabla, me that I was already frustrated with low requests and all, I just started shouting what is wrong with you people, if you see how everyone dey look me like what could make this fine guy be shouting at the top of his voice, while I was still dragging and arguing with the stupid CBD, my rider kept calling, at a point, I picked and told him I will call him back as I'm trying to deal with the CBD, I never knew my rider already sighted me and he came towards me with an agbero guy, that's how my rider just told the CBD guys that he was the one I was coming to carry, immediately the CBD guys heard that, them weak straight, one of them was like I should sha give them 1k to buy card, I just look the guy tell am say shishi no dey my hand.

That's how God use that my rider to save me that day o, I've been driving for 2years+ now, & thats the 1st time I will have issue with CBD and I know I was right cuz it was obvious it's a turn left on red road but those guys are just using it to scam motorist...

There is nothing like turn left on red. Turning left means u will definitely obstruct one or two oncoming traffic. So if u r in a junction and you intend to turn left u must see green light first before u move. Some junctions even have a dedicated left turn arrow pointing light. In those cases it will be wrong to turn left when u see green for people going straight.

U can only have "turn right on red" scenario never a "turn left on red" scenario.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
Crvrider:

Very good question. If there's any ehailing app out there that cuts my fuse, it has to be rida.

The other day I got a ride from ago palace way to Chevy view for 8500 on rida. Then from there to lekki phase 1 on indrive and that was it. No matter what I did I could not get another ride. On rida I will see 1min pick up but the next thing I will see is, "sorry rider choose another driver". Haba! for 1min pick up again!? What can be closer than 1min pick up? Same price, no addition, no subtraction, 5 star rating...

Riders choice, has nothing to do with u, your score, or time...Rida shows distance to Rider not time. Try and request as a rider and see how drivers pop up on your screen. I think people with high end phones get trips a second earlier than others. And that's enough time for one driver to be up d list before another driver.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 1:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
Pearl1910:

Riders choice, has nothing to do with u, your score, or time...Rida shows distance to Rider not time. Try and request as a rider and see how drivers pop up on your screen. I think people with high end phones get trips a second earlier than others. And that's enough time for one driver to be up d list before another driver.
Make Una leave all this story.... How we go take do 1million for this month with lack of trips.... You can stay 1hour without getting trips on bolt....

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
obinoral1179:
Make Una leave all this story.... How we go take do 1million for this month with lack of trips.... You can stay 1hour without getting trips on bolt....

Lolz... 1m is not for every month. From second week of January till Easter is winter in ehailing and some other industries too.
This hasn't changed and no amount of complaining will change it.
So continue enjoying the largesse u made during ember months or make do with what u are getting now.
Ehailing will make u understand the proverb "make hay while the sun shines"
Those days that even if u r in a hole, u will get a trip are over, now u must put on ur ehailing tactics cap to get trips.

Check where u dey stay for more than 1hr without getting trips and change ur position.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2023
Alright, you are right
Y1nka:

Its from 3pm to 12am

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2023
You are correct
Omoapena:

Its 3pm actually...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CarGuideNIG: 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
Planning to buy a car?

Comprehensive V I N Checks & Reports

https://www.carguide.ng

+2347011116171 [Direct WhatsApp Chat Link In Signature]

Available 24 Hours

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lanrexdo(m): 5:28pm On Feb 10, 2023
Abeg. No get issue with indrivier there customer service to taking forever on why I can't add funds via card or transfer. Since morning ooooo. I don suffer.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 5:33pm On Feb 10, 2023
Pearl1910:

So what happened to the other times I get trips back to back? I just suspect that probably I was also bidding with those drivers who usually reduce price only to bargain later after they've been picked.

Though I perfectly understand your position but that was some how strange whalahi!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olatoman(m): 7:44pm On Feb 10, 2023
Pearl1910:

There is nothing like turn left on red. Turning left means u will definitely obstruct one or two oncoming traffic. So if u r in a junction and you intend to turn left u must see green light first before u move. Some junctions even have a dedicated left turn arrow pointing light. In those cases it will be wrong to turn left when u see green for people going straight.

U can only have "turn right on red" scenario never a "turn left on red" scenario.

Chicken Republic junction at Ilupeju (coming from Coker road)

You can turn left or right if the lights red.
If you going straight, you'll need to wait for the traffic system to allow that.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 9:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
Baker77:

What's the secret chief?

Nothing special bro. I don't increase price. I bid the same price the rider quotes, if it's reasonable. What's reasonable to me, might not be to you. Like if app shows 5k for e-hailing, rider quotes 4k or 4500, I accept(like the screenshot below. E-hailing app showed 5k plus and she quoted 4500 and the distance was 4 mins to PU)

I cancel when bids are up to 10 and above. I don't bid when distance to PU is more than 10 mins. Infact I try as much as possible to bid 5 mins distance to PU.

I left home around 10:30am today and I worked only on Rida. Made 20k. Closed around 7

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 9:31pm On Feb 10, 2023
There will be traffic on island and mainland in particular tomorrow - Labour Party rally for Peter Obi and Datti Ahmed dey hold tomorrow. sad
Make dem no sha spoil work for us tomorrow.
Much respect, bosses.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 9:41pm On Feb 10, 2023
Glithronix:
There will be traffic on island and mainland in particular tomorrow - Labour Party rally for Peter Obi and Datti Ahmed dey hold tomorrow. sad
Make dem no sha spoil work for us tomorrow.
Much respect, bosses.

They said it's TBS they will use. I don't think there will be much traffic. It will just be the normal Saturday traffic. People should just avoid TBS area
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thoollz: 9:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
Glithronix:

Boss, hope no be me wey come carry the stuff you saw. cheesy
I showed up with a gold big daddy and both my front and back bumpers dey even scratch the road as I was leaving.
You come shout, wéré-wéré crazy driver! On top my head. abi? grin

But seriously, all this wey you talk no go enter some drivers ears at all. Even if na 10bags of cement, some go still carry am with mumu fare price. sad

Like today, I dropped a girl at unilag, as I was driving to go position myself, na so orders popped up and I picked one, the passenger accepted me and I arrived at her PUP. I called her and she said she was coming; I waited for over 20mins, she no come. For my mind, I have concluded I will cancel her ride, but I want stress her small.
As she came out, she asked me to drive front a bit, as I drove towards her, come see load; bags and cloths. I just dey laugh say well done.
I allowed her put all her belongings inside boot and back seat, whereas, I already cancelled her ride while she was doing that with one girl helping her.
When she was done, she begged make I give am 2 mins say she wanted to take her room key, I no talk. She spent another 10mins, as she came out to enter car say she don ready, I asked her to pack all her loads out, that I have another order waiting for me.
She and her helper were surprised. I just dey look both of them.
Dem pack all those things out and I just shut my boot and door, they didn't expect such attitude, from their faces, you would clearly read it.
I just zoomed off go position for Abule Ijesha road.
Wetin vex me gangan na that delay. She come get plenty loads join am. I was just laughing.
Much respect, boss.

Guy you be correct gee, you see these riders ehn, they're very anyhow people. How will you place an order for a ride and delay the driver? He's wasting valuable time and money waiting for you, some of them don't have courtesy, neither do they care. They won't apologise neither will they tip you for the time wasted.

I've a friend that's in Scotland, the way d guy dey miss bus, I dey always laugh am. We're not time conscious in this country.

Funny enough, riders can't take the shit they give, some can't wait 8 minutes, they'll cancel before you get to PUP.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:16pm On Feb 10, 2023
Crvrider:

So what happened to the other times I get trips back to back? I just suspect that probably I was also bidding with those drivers who usually reduce price only to bargain later after they've been picked.

Though I perfectly understand your position but that was some how strange whalahi!

Before now, e.g a month ago...there were still abundant trips to go round. U could even increase your price and still get picked. Don't think that it's only on Uber and Bolt that request has reduced even LagRide sef has low patronage now. In a couple of weeks things will go back to normal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5145) (5146) (5147) (5148) (5149) (5150) (5151) ... (5697) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.