Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4744473 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:59am On Apr 29, 2018
slamstanlee:
) something must kill a man. We shall all die at different times. (well i prefer to sleep and don't wake up when its time so i don't stress myself or anyone) lol

You are rite bro .. Something must kill a man o. But at the same time, I don't want to hasten that kill o.. Make we sense here, before somebody starts to say I talk too much o

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by christopherhe: 2:03am On Apr 29, 2018
i need a manager who can manage my UBER/Taxify fleets successfully...please note the manager must be related or have close relationship with a police man, or a military personnel just to curb any nuisance or misconduct from the drivers or to ensure weekly returns are paid as and at when due, if you fit this criteria holla 07037327327.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Coolbenzino(m): 3:00am On Apr 29, 2018
Around 12:30am, I was driving inward Abraham adesanya round-about from sangotedo. At my front was an 06 corolla ash in color. Everything happened like a movie as the driver drove inside the Abraham adesanya roundabout decoration where they have a fish statue and hanged. I stopped to find out that, its an uber driver. He's probably sleeping in the car then. The airbag bust, oil sump and bumpers damaged. We helped him to push the car to a safer place before police will mk money outta dat as d car couldn't start again.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 6:32am On Apr 29, 2018
Coolbenzino:
Around 12:30am, I was driving inward Abraham adesanya round-about from sangotedo. At my front was an 06 corolla ash in color. Everything happened like a movie as the driver drove inside the Abraham adesanya roundabout decoration where they have a fish statue and hanged. I stopped to find out that, its an uber driver. He's probably sleeping in the car then. The airbag bust, oil sump and bumpers damaged. We helped him to push the car to a safer place before police will mk money outta dat as d car couldn't start again.

These is gradually becoming a daily occurrence. Drivers should know their limit.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:47am On Apr 29, 2018
Coolbenzino:

experience is the best teacher. I nod a few times when I am tired, but after the first one, I look around for small shop to get something to keep my mouth moving (chewing gum, bitter kola) always keep some water in the boot it comes in handy, park and wash your face, it could buy you 15-30mins of wake time, but. Ultimately find a safe place to sleep.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:49am On Apr 29, 2018
Seun360:

These is gradually becoming a daily occurrence. Drivers should know their limit.

corrola accidents are beginning to litter the whole of lekki express way. The way things are going, insurance companies will soon start to reject uber/taxify packages. I write claims for insurance Every other day

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:51am On Apr 29, 2018
dru23:

Correction... when you refer to the ogas on the thread.. Kindly put "small boi". Nxt to my name.. One oga at the top called me small boi .. Cough... cough... and cough we are not going to mention names ..cough and cough ...
Now back to the matter, whether the driver is trustworthy or not. I do inspection every two weeks, apart from what my manager does...

dru baba... grin

You nah ancestor nah grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:52am On Apr 29, 2018
Seun360:

He talks trash all the time.

Mind your business this boy... don't start something you can't finish. Instead of you to contribute to the uber thread. . You are busy Commenting about me..

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:53am On Apr 29, 2018
Harmoony:

It's strictly business and doesn't involve any fam...also the car I'll be available to the driver Monday - Sunday morning.
I make use of it on Sundays.

Driver keeps car 100per of the time in this business.

Any one who accepts this package is using u to pass time, they will drop ur car as soon as they get a better normal offer.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by signature2012(m): 7:51am On Apr 29, 2018
Just got an info an old generation bank sack all their drivers and they are to drop all car keys ending of this month.

The bank want to start using UBER,to them is cheaper than paying their contract staff drivers monthly salary and cost of maintaining their vehincles.

So braise up guys.Maintain a clean car,dress nicely,always have good conversation with your passenger.

To educated and graduate drivers,endeavor to have your RESUME in your car,you never cant tell who you are picking up.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Iwant2know: 7:55am On Apr 29, 2018
Harmoony:

It's strictly business and doesn't involve any fam...also the car I'll be available to the driver Monday - Sunday morning.
I make use of it on Sundays.

Call me let us talk. 07065158576.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:56am On Apr 29, 2018
signature2012:
Just got an info an old generation bank sack all their drivers and they are to drop all car keys ending of this month.

The bank want to start using UBER,to them is cheaper than paying their contract staff drivers monthly salary and cost of maintaining their vehincles.

So braise up guys.Maintain a clean car,dress nicely,always have good conversation with your passenger.

To educated and graduate drivers,endeavor to have your RESUME in your car,you never cant tell who you are picking up.

1 bank, 2units barns new corrola =12m x2. 24m

2 drivers 80k x 2 = 160k per month.

After 4years replace both cars.

24,0000,000 plus maintenance plus drivers salaries.

They will spend less than 5m in 4 years using uber grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Iwant2know: 7:57am On Apr 29, 2018
christopherhe:
i need a manager who can manage my UBER/Taxify fleets successfully...please note the manager must be related or have close relationship with a police man, or a military personnel just to curb any nuisance or misconduct from the drivers or to ensure weekly returns are paid as and at when due, if you fit this criteria holla 07037327327.

07065158576. No sane driver will mess up with u, chat me up on the number.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TestimoneyTesti: 8:26am On Apr 29, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:28am On Apr 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

experience is the best teacher. I nod a few times when I am tired, but after the first one, I look around for small shop to get something to keep my mouth moving (chewing gum, bitter kola) always keep some water in the boot it comes in handy, park and wash your face, it could buy you 15-30mins of wake time, but. Ultimately find a safe place to sleep.

Yesterday evening, around 7:00pm, I noticed I was tired and wasn't concentrating again; after dropping off my last riders at Lekki Gardens. I drove to the front of House on the Rock at Ikate, where there is plenty light, turned off the engine, rolled the windows down a bit and slept from 7:00pm to 9:30pm. When I woke up 9:30pm, I drove home straight (to Egbeda) empty and went to sleep. Better I burn #800 fuel than to crash my partner's car. I know my limits, I'm a pro.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 9:01am On Apr 29, 2018
Lagos state government rescue team is training at the expense of peoples fuel, time n money by dumping cars and rescuing on 3rd mainland bridge. What nonsense

I ve being on the bridge for over an hour now

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 9:11am On Apr 29, 2018
Harmoony:

Why's that? The driver won't take any break? Over working yourself isn't funny.

Let me use myself as an example. I work half days on Mondays and Tuesdays. I'm sure other drivers have their own rest days and times.
Sunday is definitely not a rest day in this business

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 29, 2018
dru23:

Correction... when you refer to the ogas on the thread.. Kindly put "small boi". Nxt to my name.. One oga at the top called me small boi.. Cough... cough... and cough we are not going to mention names ..cough and cough ...
Now back to the matter, whether the driver is trustworthy or not. I do inspection every two weeks, apart from what my manager does...

Thanks for the info, at least we (I) dey learn from your experience.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 29, 2018
dru23:

Funny enough am thinking of collecting security deposit from now on.. Now, what do you think is fair amount for security deposit.. The weekly rental I beliefe is too much .. Am thinking collect half of it.. What do u think about it.. Am trying to fair at the same time

Well Boss, it depends.

I currently (temporarily) use a 2012 Toyota Corolla for this business and from my little interactions with some so called drivers, you need hear how ridiculous some of them can be but listening to your advice to Car Owners never to go below 35k as weekly rental payment, I choose that as a point of reference.

Some drivers have the boldness during my pre vehicle inspection to tell me they can only deliver 20k, someone claim he can only do 15k weekly, somebody said 25k, whereas some said they can only do 30k weekly.

Mind you, I will handle all my repairs and preventive maintenance since I don’t want anyone messing up the car for me doing cheap work. Like penny wise Pound foolish.

They all claimed they will drive the car more than 10 hours daily.

Now the cheapest engine oil 0w-20 AFE not even extended performance or high mileage since the car just clocked 70,000km in mileage is not cheap.

So in other to be fair, I asked for amount equivalent to agreed weekly rental as security deposit, if you can’t afford it, you pay what you can afford upfront and balance the shortfall within a month after you take possession of the car, which I believe is a Win-Win situation for Car Owner and Driver since we are both stakeholders in this venture.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

1 bank, 2units barns new corrola =12m x2. 24m

2 drivers 80k x 2 = 160k per month.

After 4years replace both cars.

24,0000 plus maintenance plus drivers salaries.

They will spend less than 5m in 4 years using uber grin

I respect your business sense.

To be candid, the bank is saving 100 of millions because am sure they do pay more to the recruitment firm that employs the driver and some will chop promotion for the idea which has render some people jobless with their families looking for where the next meal will come from whereas someone is busy celebrating his/her promotion in a club on the island.

More customers/rider on Taxify/Uber. The business is about to boom again and if the bank experiment works, expect other to follow suit.

Like The default BankPHB advert used to say, One Day car will run on water without a driver.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 29, 2018
Coolbenzino:

I believe we should understand our limits as human.

My concern is the safety of the Driver since the car would be insured comprehensively.

We are all humans (Car Owners and Drivers) so we need to value our lives.

Overworking yourself without rest come at a cost and human health maintenance without HMO is damn expensive.

Please as a Driver, value your life. If you work during the day, please rest at night to refresh and recharge your body and mind. Pushing your body limits to the extreme is dangerous to your health.

Your Life matters. Take it Seriously.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BetaThings: 10:10am On Apr 29, 2018
nitigriti:

No, that is a very big offence on both Uber and Taxify. Rider should report ASAP to Uber or Taxify

dcole73:

You could be kidnapped this way.
Report it.

Thank you so much

I have witnessed two instances.
Driver showed up with different cars ie different reg no and one was a different model
One claimed that "they have two cars on the platform" but Taxify had not updated their records

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 10:28am On Apr 29, 2018
TheCar:

Well Boss, it depends.

I currently (temporarily) use a 2012 Toyota Corolla for this business and from my little interactions with some so called drivers, you need hear how ridiculous some of them can be but listening to your advice to Car Owners never to go below 35k as weekly rental payment, I choose that as a point of reference.

Some drivers have the boldness during my pre vehicle inspection to tell me they can only deliver 20k, someone claim he can only do 15k weekly, somebody said 25k, whereas some said they can only do 30k weekly.

Mind you, I will handle all my repairs and preventive maintenance since I don’t want anyone messing up the car for me doing cheap work. Like penny wise Pound foolish.

They all claimed they will drive the car more than 10 hours daily.

Now the cheapest engine oil 0w-20 AFE not even extended performance or high mileage since the car just clocked 70,000km in mileage is not cheap.

So in other to be fair, I asked for amount equivalent to agreed weekly rental as security deposit, if you can’t afford it, you pay what you can afford upfront and balance the shortfall within a month after you take possession of the car, which I believe is a Win-Win situation for Car Owner and Driver since we are both stakeholders in this venture.
Perhaps a badly shaped 12' Corolla.
Unless so, why will someone bargain 15k as rental

For amateurs drivers, sorry. You have to climb the ladder from Bottom.

Me sef am looking for 25k rental.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 10:30am On Apr 29, 2018
TheCar:

I believe we should understand our limits as human.

My concern is the safety of the Driver since the car would be insured comprehensively.

We are all humans (Car Owners and Drivers) so we need to value our lives.

Overworking yourself without rest come at a cost and human health maintenance without HMO is damn expensive.

Please as a Driver, value your life. If you work during the day, please rest at night to refresh and recharge your body and mind. Pushing your body limits to the extreme is dangerous to your health.

Your Life matters. Take it Seriously.
You deserve some accolades for this comments.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 29, 2018
chillex8:

Perhaps a badly shaped 12' Corolla.
Unless so, why will someone bargain 15k as rental

For amateurs drivers, sorry. You have to climb the ladder from Bottom.

Me sef am looking for 25k rental.

Yeah extremely bad shape 2012 Corolla.

Quickly have a preview copy. For your eyes only.

Okay since you don see, a preview copy of the car now you understand why I said pre vehicle inspection.

I guess the person didn’t understand or know what he could have get himself before ruining it for himself.

Sorry, I got to take the picture down, since it’s my property and it’s private.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 29, 2018
ifyeez:
You deserve some accolades for this comments.

Make I quickly donate some Worldwide Accolades to you for your accolade comments.

You deserve it too for your contribution on this thread.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ifeanyimark(m): 11:33am On Apr 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

. Come and collect the free diagnosis.

Call

Engr. Egbon Gazuz, thanks. Wednesday is d day, once i pursue morning bonus finish. carshopper, chillex, romeo and others. Indicate ur presence on that day with your beer beand

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Harmoony(f): 11:53am On Apr 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Driver keeps car 100per of the time in this business.

Any one who accepts this package is using u to pass time, they will drop ur car as soon as they get a better normal offer.
Thanks for the insight, I'm having a re-think on this decision. smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 11:54am On Apr 29, 2018
Ifeanyimark:

Engr. Egbon Gazuz, thanks. Wednesday is d day, once i pursue morning bonus finish. carshopper, chillex, romeo and others. Indicate ur presence on that day with your beer beand
Absent sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:56am On Apr 29, 2018
chillex8:

Absent sir

call me I get offer for you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:58am On Apr 29, 2018
nitigriti:

Yesterday evening, around 7:00pm, I noticed I was tired and wasn't concentrating again; after dropping off my last riders at Lekki Gardens. I drove to the front of House on the Rock at Ikate, where there is plenty light, turned off the engine, rolled the windows down a bit and slept from 7:00pm to 9:30pm. When I woke up 9:30pm, I drove home straight (to Egbeda) empty and went to sleep. Better I burn #800 fuel than to crash my partner's car. I know my limits, I'm a pro.

when ever you need a car let me know wink

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by aademi(f): 11:58am On Apr 29, 2018
Good morning and happy sunday to everyone

Please I need a copy of the rentals and hire purchase agreement, kindly assist and forward to purplediadem22@gmail.com.

Been on this thread has been so informative and educative as I have learnt a lot about e-hailing in recent time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.