Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853946 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 8:36pm On Dec 13, 2015
Awww! Lucky you... I dey dress up well, cause me I no like cold, but the Lord is my strength grin
favoredgal:

Heya and Houston is quite warm, haven't used my jacket since I came. In fact I wear sleeveless sometimes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
Austine2020:
Some people wants to share but their Kpekus is not going according to plan, so they dont have alternative than to peep. because there is nothing to share,until their Kpekus worked well.Lol
it's true o... I didn't even think of it like that.
Posh404:
Congratulations firsttymum and welcome back
Thanks dear
Posh404:

Won't be due till August o...still have a long way to go lol. Just want to equip myself before then. Please I won't mind information on affordable hospital and doc. I can see most people tend towards Texas and doctorsepirati. Though my dad is in newyork but that doesn't determine anything....na bill be the mail thing. How soon do I need to contact a doc over there.
NB : No state or hospital in mind yet.....any advice is welcome from my experienced mummies in the house . Thanks
u still have plenty of time... U can do the change of intent later.
U can start contacting Dr's don't forget to add accommodation to the bill and know how much in total. New York u don't need to pay for accommodation vs paying for accommodation in Houston for example.
Just keep reading the thread it will help u make up ur mind

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dere5: 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
cinakin:
Awww! Lucky you... I dey dress up well, cause me I no like cold, but the Lord is my strength grin
You better dey kit up well o,Chicago cold no get part 2 o,e get bele and carry pikin for back at the sametime
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Austine2020: 9:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
@tosenj, Hope u have heard from your sister in law?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 9:27pm On Dec 13, 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
tosenj:

Thank you very much. I just want her out fast. As my people are already waiting to pick here up.

most likely secondary inspection

Hope she was truthful at the embassy or at least sent a change of intent notification

Does she have dr's correspondence and enough cash

if yes to the above she will be out soon. pls keep us posted, we are worried too on her behalf
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Austine2020: 9:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
Yea, everyone is worried & waiting to hear the good news. Thats why i asked, but tosenj havent replied.
favoredgal:

most likely secondary inspection

Hope she was truthful at the embassy or at least sent a change of intent notification

Does she have dr's correspondence and enough cash

if yes to the above she will be out soon. pls keep us posted, we are worried too on her behalf
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by aye88: 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2015
deeore:
Yes i do

Hmmmmmm. I think I know you ooo. Do you stay on Fo****** Ba******. Ur hubby name starts with B*****. If so, then it's a very very small world
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 10:27pm On Dec 13, 2015
firsttymum:
Thanks dear
Ozycy is our sweet heart.
wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2015
Lol! I dey try oh!!hows the family?
dere5:

You better dey kit up well o,Chicago cold no get part 2 o,e get bele and carry pikin for back at the sametime
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MumTee: 12:02am On Dec 14, 2015
ozycy:

I bot eventflo breathable carrier for abt $19.99 and it served me very well both in all my after birth waka, airport waka and here in Naija. Just read reviews online and pick one.

Thanks @ozycy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by tosenj(m): 12:45am On Dec 14, 2015
Thanks to God almighty. She has been released from the den of the immigration after almost 7 hours interrogation at the POE. Thank you all. Thumbs up to @ Mrs. Yetunde too

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Austine2020: 1:14am On Dec 14, 2015
tosenj:
Thanks to God almighty. She has been released from the den of the immigration after almost 7 hours interrogation at the POE. Thank you all. Thumbs up to @ Mrs. Yetunde too
Thank God that she is finally made it through. If u wouldnt mind, Can u kindly share her POE story,atleast it might be of help to someone on this forum?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by tosenj(m): 1:35am On Dec 14, 2015
Austine2020:
Thank God that she is finally made it through. If u wouldnt mind, Can u kindly share her POE story,atleast it might be of help to someone on this forum?

Firstly. God is the most important thing you need. You also need to be careful of what you say and you must be extra smart. Don't lie if you can't cover up for yourself because they might tell you to show them proof. She was told to declare all her assets which she did. Then they asked her how much she had (cash at hand = $5500) They told her that's too small to give birth in he USA but she had proof for more cash in her account to cover up for her medical bills and she never wanted to carry too much money with her. She had to wise up and tell the immigration officers that she's due too. Lol. So after some time them jump stamp her gidigba for 6 months. Lol

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by oyibo4real: 2:26am On Dec 14, 2015
@Firsttymum I PMed u bt i guess I have to share my worries here so that others can come in too with their suggestions n advice. It's almost one month since I did my LO's documentation n I'm yet to receive a mail for her SSN, I hope all is well, as I've gotten her passports n every other documents xcept d SSN. Firsttymum abeg did ur own take ds long? I'm worried cos I jst left USA 4 naija.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 2:41am On Dec 14, 2015
oyibo4real:
@Firsttymum I PMed u bt i guess I have to share my worries here so that others can come in too with their suggestions n advice. It's almost one month since I did my LO's documentation n I'm yet to receive a mail for her SSN, I hope all is well, as I've gotten her passports n every other documents xcept d SSN. Firsttymum abeg did ur own take ds long? I'm worried cos I jst left USA 4 naija.

Have you checked Google? That should be the first go to. I found this for you
How long does it take to get my baby's Social Security card that I applied for in the hospital?

Each state or jurisdiction has different processing times. See the chart below to find out how long your state takes to process the card application.

If you waited the indicated length of time and still have not received your child's Social Security card, visit your local Social Security office. You also can call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you live outside the United States, refer to Service Around the World.

Read more at
https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/Article/3747/How-long-does-it-take-to-get-my-baby-s-Social-Security-card-that-I-applied-for-in-the-hospital

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 8:12am On Dec 14, 2015
oyibo4real:
umentation n I'm yet to receive a mail for her SSN, I hope all is well, as I've gotten her passports n every other documents xcept d SSN. I'm worried cos I jst left USA 4 naija.
If you had your baby in Houston, it should take about 8days or more to get to you. But one month is quite long. Did you call the SSN to complain?
There is a possibility that your SSN is missing somehow.
A friend of mine had same experience, she had to go to their office to reapply and they sent her another one.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 8:47am On Dec 14, 2015
oyibo4real:
I tried to reply but donno why it doesn't go o. It keeps failing.

Mine took about 2weeks. But have you contacted them. They said after 3weeks we shld call a certain number. I don't av it... I hope someone does here. Or u can Google it.

Were u staying with someone?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tobermom: 9:57am On Dec 14, 2015
favoredgal:

How long does it take to get my baby's Social Security card

Wow! Favoredgirl. The way you dig up info is impressive. Kudos

Ozycy dearie, i see you too. Even with your LO still very helpful.

Congratulations Zoemummy!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 10:00am On Dec 14, 2015
Any ideas why I can't reply pms
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by greatie: 10:13am On Dec 14, 2015
Hello mum-to-be,
Pls after getting acceptance from doctores para ti, does the $5450 include the doctor's services?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by greatie: 10:14am On Dec 14, 2015
Hello mum-to-be,
Pls after getting acceptance from doctores para ti, does the $5450 include the doctor's services?
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by afrobrown2000: 10:15am On Dec 14, 2015
yea...same here LO's where delivered on 21th of last month still yet to get SSN(have gotten all other documents)....i presumed it was because of thanksgiving celebration...i felt it was delayed....its 3weeks now..called local SSN office and they said i should wait for 4 weeks...called their main headquarters they said i should wait for 8 weeks...Hmm...am going there physically this morning...
oyibo4real:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by amaka4obi(f): 10:25am On Dec 14, 2015
Hello i plan to have my baby in los angeles anyone with any info from that axis
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:04am On Dec 14, 2015
Most people didn't work for a full week during thanksgiving.
afrobrown2000:
yea...same here LO's where delivered on 21th of last month still yet to get SSN(have gotten all other documents)....i presumed it was because of thanksgiving celebration...i felt it was delayed....its 3weeks now..called local SSN office and they said i should wait for 4 weeks...called their main headquarters they said i should wait for 8 weeks...Hmm...am going there physically this morning...
8 weeks is a lot.

I wish there was a way to know it's ready online
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:09am On Dec 14, 2015
Eeya more people are sending pm.

I don't know why but when I reply I get mailer daemon....

U guys sending me pms, hope u av a correct mail associated with ur account. Cos I can't figure it out.

I've re logged in
Changed password, it's not working
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 12:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
firsttymum:
Presidential election kpekus landing... #picksrace

Welcome and congratulations on ur successful POE.
To those peeping and won't share too congratulations....

Lolll lemme catch my sub Kkkkk! Chai I wish o can close my eyes n be in your shoes TBH.. Prepping to port n u r already back.. Feeling homesick n thinking of DH and his bachelor hood hmmm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by afrobrown2000: 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
yea i guess that the nation wide maximum time stipulated to get your SSN
firsttymum:
Most people didn't work for a full week during thanksgiving.
8 weeks is a lot.

I wish there was a way to know it's ready online
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dedalove: 12:28pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hello fellow mothers, I have been able to learn a whole lot as I plan for the trip ahead. I will be going to Houston via Delta airlines and so it is a connecting flight. Please I will like to know how and when you apply for the wheelchair services as I may need it as I am quite heavy already.
I will really appreciate your reply and congrats to all the new mamas.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by oyibo4real: 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2015
[quote author=favoredgal post=40981234]

How long does it take to get my baby's Social Security card that I applied for in the hospital?

I did checked Google, nfact I actually went thru ds particular page u posted during my search n it stated that Texas takes about 2 weeks for a baby's SSN to come out; it's over 3weeks dats why I'm kinda worried. I delivered in Houston, nfact same facility n Dr wt Ozycy n Firsttymum. God abeg oo, make my own no enter voice mail.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by oyibo4real: 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2015
[quote author=ozycy post=40984792]
If you had your baby in Houston, it should take about 8days or more to get to you. But one month is quite long. Did you call the SSN to complain?

I think I may have to call them oo, I just pray it's not something that will demand my presence cos I'm already back to naija. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.