Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853917 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by debrixxy: 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
anizi:

Also remember to apply for your visa using your husband's surname, ie form ds 160

Thanks a lot Anizi.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 11:01pm On Dec 15, 2015
I praise God for he is God and not Man....
I thank God for the safe delivery of my mini me, my princess.
Am so blessed words can't explain....

My Journey started in Oct, with no stress at Houston POE, got to my host home, had (still having) a wonderful experience.
I can't thank my mum enough, cos if she was nt around I don't know how I for do oooo

My LO was born on Friday 11th Dec @ some min after 10pm has a scheduled CS @ Houston Northwest Medical center.

My Doc was wonderful, she did a wonderful job, I have no regrets using her(she is Asia), one of the best in the practice.
The staff at HWMC were amazing, got lots of freebies even up to my daily meals (had double meals).
Got discharged 3days after delivery, my LO doing great with her 3hrs feeding..

Recovering well...

So far bills paid...
Doctors fee: $ 1850. , prenatal, 1st visit, all ultrasounds, delivery (CS), tests , pap smear ,post natal etc . Pls note: the Doc office is far from most extended stays around like 40-50mins away, I used Uber whenever I cldnt be taken.

Hospital fees: $3500 /3days

Paediatric fees: not yet known but 1st visit is in days time, will update y'll but got a Doc for $50 1st visit.

Epidural/spinal blking: $ 750 did spinal blocking cos that was what I did for my 1st CS.

Next is Documentations for my LO.

I also want to thank everyone on this forum, for all their contributions here, I for # pple but e go plenty... Appreciate

27 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 16, 2015
ozycy:

That's exactly what you are supposed to say. Be truthful.
Hope your wife's purpose of travel is for child birth.

@ozycy thanks I just downloaded the consent form I saw the link you dropped. Just in case they attempt to surprise me at the embassy I will just fill form and give DW.

Please this DOLLAR thingy is serious how do I proceed pls help a concerned Husband
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 12:04am On Dec 16, 2015
@afrobrown2000 thanks.hope everyone is doing great. Abeg buy those cute first Xmas outfit for my babies o grin
Love them.
@Adebuble Congratulations on the birth of your LO.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 12:45am On Dec 16, 2015
Adebuble:
I thank God for the safe delivery of my mini
Congratulations. Thank GOD for safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:46am On Dec 16, 2015
Sleekmum:
Hello house, newbie alert...Please how soon can I travel back with my LO. Supposing I get my docs together with 2 weeks....
2weeks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:49am On Dec 16, 2015
debrixxy:
Thanks Firsttymum and LadyGuinivere, when do you think is the best time to renew?
that depends on u hon. Just do it & b sure that's off the table

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Austine2020: 12:50am On Dec 16, 2015
Ye2ndearisto:
Fellow Naira land people oo. We arrived Houston last weekend and we just realized the guy who stamped us in didn't put the normal timeline of 6months when we are suppose to leave. Abeg ooo, help what does this mean because we declared am here to deliver ooo. Help me ooooo
It doesnt matter, Thats popular with Houston POE. When my wife went through Houston POE Last year for Vacation it was the same Stamping without any duration. So normally if it was stamped without any duration it means u have your normal six months which u must not Overstay.Its not a problem at all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anizi(f): 1:57am On Dec 16, 2015
Austine2020:
It doesnt matter, Thats popular with Houston POE. When my wife went through Houston POE Last year for Vacation it was the same Stamping without any duration. So normally if it was stamped without any duration it means u have your normal six months which u must not Overstay.Its not a problem at all.

Yep, true.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ye2ndearisto: 2:29am On Dec 16, 2015
Thanks all for your information
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 3:22am On Dec 16, 2015
ozycy:

Congratulations. Thank GOD for safe delivery.

Thank you so much...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 3:24am On Dec 16, 2015
Bisoye82:
@afrobrown2000 thanks.hope everyone is doing great. Abeg buy those cute first Xmas outfit for my babies o grin
Love them.

Thax dear @Bisoye82.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twingirls: 3:52am On Dec 16, 2015
Adebuble:

My Journey started in Oct, with no stress at Houston POE, got to my host home, had (still having) a wonderful experience.
I can't thank my mum enough, cos if she was nt around I don't know how I for do oooo

My LO was born on Friday 11th Dec @ some

I also want to thank everyone on this forum, for all their contributions here, I for # pple but e go plenty... Appreciate

Big big big congratulations, relax and enjoy ur mommy before documentation start. Congrats again dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bizzle6: 5:37am On Dec 16, 2015
Congrats on the arrival of your princess. I' m also using houston northwest medical centre. Would like to find out more about the hospital. I don't mind getting or gvn u my email address.

Thanks

Adebuble:

My LO was born on Friday 11th Dec @ some min after 10pm has a scheduled CS @ Houston Northwest Medical center.

My Doc was wonderful, she did a wonderful job, I have no regrets using her(she is Asia), one of the best in the practice.
The staff at HWMC were amazing, got lots of freebies even up to my daily meals (had double meals).
Got discharged 3days after delivery, my LO doing great with her 3hrs feeding..

Recovering well...

So far bills paid...
Doctors fee: $ 1850. , prenatal, 1st visit, all ultrasounds, delivery (CS), tests , pap smear ,post natal etc . Pls note: the Doc office is far from most extended stays around like 40-50mins away, I used Uber whenever I cldnt be taken.

Hospital fees: $3500 /3days

Paediatric fees: not yet known but 1st visit is in days time, will update y'll but got a Doc for $50 1st visit.

Epidural/spinal blking: $ 750 did spinal blocking cos that was what I did for my 1st CS.

Next is Documentations for my LO.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by afrobrown2000: 6:03am On Dec 16, 2015
thanks already got them....most of them boldly printed "MY FIRST CHRISTMAS"taking them out that day with their new double stroller and my high megapixels camera...ooooohhhh!!!!
Bisoye82:
Love them.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 7:11am On Dec 16, 2015
afrobrown2000:
thanks already got them....most of them boldly printed "MY FIRST CHRISTMAS"taking them out that day with their new double stroller and my high megapixels camera...ooooohhhh!!!!

Awwwwww...... I can only imagine the cuteness! Let me quickly order one of those for my Lil Chic.

Kisses to the babies.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mulberry: 7:12am On Dec 16, 2015
Hello house, good morning. I just want to say a big thank u to all the gurus @firstymum, ozyc, phema, ladyguinivere, jacksparrow and all the helpful mamas and papas I wish I was more like u u guys but I'm always behind d scene reading page by page fervently even after I ve had my baby over a year ago. Hubby kept asking if I had exam to write...lol. But I guess I'm addicted and now I'm over prepared for my second missionary journey. Thanks for all ur info. Will post my experience once I renew my visa and land in any chosen state I decide on. Have a great day FAM!

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 16, 2015
mulberry:
Hello house, good morning. I just want to say a big thank u to all the gurus @firstymum, ozyc, phema, ladyguinivere, jacksparrow and all the helpful mamas and papas I wish I was more like u u guys but I'm always behind d scene reading page by page fervently even after I ve had my baby over a year ago. Hubby kept asking if I had exam to write...lol. But I guess I'm addicted and now I'm over prepared for my second missionary journey. Thanks for all ur info. Will post my experience once I renew my visa and land in any chosen state I decide on. Have a great day FAM!

Hello to you too. Love to your family. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 16, 2015
Congratulations Adebuble!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by merrymum: 7:47am On Dec 16, 2015
Hello lovely people. Thanks to everyone who has made this page what it is for jjc's like us to learn so much.

Arrived Sacramento, CA few hours ago. Flew Lufthansa from PH, and POE was LAX. CBP was very nice, smiling all the time:

Cbp: hello, welcome to the US
Me: hi, thanks
Cbp: what you here for?
Me: childbirth
Cbp: really? U don't look pregnant, is this your first baby?
Me: yes
Cbp: ok, did u contact any hospital? Do u know how much you are likely to spend?
Me: yes, (showed him correspondence I got from a hospital here. Their fees are high, but the mail and quote I needed for this purpose. Will start my 'proper' hospital scouting soon).
Cbp: do u have cash?
Me: yes, 8800
Cbp: ok. Where's your husband?
Me: back home but will come later
Cbp: ok, pls place your fingers on the scanner...

Stamped me in for 6 months, went to agriculture, nothing was seized.

Thank God for everything, and thank you all, for I didn't know Jack about this trip, but this thread helped me prepare well.

Will post my hospital quotes as soon as I find the most affordable. Nice day y'all..

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Posh404: 8:14am On Dec 16, 2015
Enizo:

@ozycy thanks I just downloaded the consent form I saw the link you dropped. Just in case they attempt to surprise me at the embassy I will just fill form and give DW.

Please this DOLLAR thingy is serious how do I proceed pls help a concerned Husband
I'm to travel on Sunday for Xmas and I'm going with my son and without my husband . DH had consent lertter written out by his lawyer for me so I can travel with my son. Is this acceptable or is there a particular one we have to print out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 8:20am On Dec 16, 2015
mulberry:
we await ur good news.
Good luck darling...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 8:21am On Dec 16, 2015
Congratulations Adebubble
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 8:22am On Dec 16, 2015
Adebuble:

Congrats dearie... God is faithful

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 16, 2015
Dear House,

Top of the day to you all, I need assistance in having the cost of giving birth in an hospital in Jacksonville Florida. I will appreciate if anybody in the house can help with the details of any hospital with reasonable fees.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dedalove: 8:33am On Dec 16, 2015
bizzle6:
Congrats on the arrival of your baby. Please I will like to find out more about your Doctor and her fees. I plan to have a scheduled CS and will be in Houston soon.
I can send you my mail if you will be more comfortable. I will really appreciate your reply.
Congrats once again.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 16, 2015
Posh404:

I'm to travel on Sunday for Xmas and I'm going with my son and without my husband . DH had consent lertter written out by his lawyer for me so I can travel with my son. Is this acceptable or is there a particular one we have to print out.

As his mum, i don't think you need a consent letter from his dad to travel with him. Just have his birth certificate.

Except you mean something else.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dedalove: 8:44am On Dec 16, 2015
Dear Adebubble,
Congrats on the arrival of your baby. Please I will like to get more info on your doctor as I plan to also have a scheduled CS. I will be in Houston pretty soon. I don't mind sending you my email or getting yours.
Congratulations once again and love to the LO.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 9:07am On Dec 16, 2015
Abeg, is the $3425 just for the doctors fee only for the VBAC or including hospital fees. Which doctor is that and for which hospital.

[quote author=lollarojo post=40890433][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Apple19: 9:18am On Dec 16, 2015
The Devil is a liar!!! Haba! Justwise, wetin I buy for your hand wey I no pay na! Just couldn't comment for almost a week now.... shocked is nor fia O.

Enhenh, congratulations to all successful visa and POEs, plus all our los dem. May God continue to guide our steps. And to all our newbies, you're welcome on board this flight , pls enjoy while you go through from part 1-3....grin.

So my update, I've concluded on Houston O. But will stop over in Dallas for a few days before porting. Hope I won't be too late at 37weeks for my doc.

Also, booked Qatar airways on hold, but then I saw this new baggage allowance review with United and my eyes wide shocked. Or does this new rule affects them all?? Qatar will also be having a stop over of over 14hrs on return, and no connection accommodation, na im i pick race O. Though hubby will be with me but then, how will I manage with lo?? but the price cheap sha.

And those that had travelled with Emirate, was there provisions for accommodation or will do that myself?? Cos they also have about 21hrs layover O. All of them tire me sef.

No cheap flights again O, all na btw 350&500k. cry. This ppl no dey smile at all.

Pls mamas and papas travelling in January, in case you see any deal, abeg holla O. Intend booking any one before the week runs out.
Also for any latest cheap Hosp in Dallas, I no go still mind too. ;DD ...nice day peeps..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 9:28am On Dec 16, 2015
Posh404:

I think that should be fine, also take along his BC. You're good to go.
Safe travels

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by greatie: 9:37am On Dec 16, 2015
Goodmorning house,
Am just filling my DS-160 form now and I have few questions
1: sud I just put B2 since am going for delivery?
2: there's a place where u have to upload hotel addy and I haven't gotten any yet... what sud I do pls?
3: since it's childbirth how many weeks/ months sud I put as "intended length of stay "

Thank you .

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.