Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853960 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by keneee: 10:44am On Dec 15, 2015
hello house,
please i want to know the e mail address and what to send if i want to email the embassy for a change of intent (have a visiting Visa and want to use it for birth).
please does anyone know a reasonably priced hospital around Maryland/Virginia that i can use for childbirth.

God bless you as u answer.

thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:05am On Dec 15, 2015
keneee:
hello house,
please i want to know the e mail address and what to send if i want to email the embassy for a change of intent (have a visiting Visa and want to use it for birth).
please does anyone know a reasonably priced hospital around Maryland/Virginia that i can use for childbirth.

thanks alot
Consularabuja@state.gov
LagosNIV@state.gov
Nothing mush in the letter. You were issued a B1/B2 visa on bla date for bla purpose with passport nos. Bla.
U intend to use the said visa for birthing around bla time and wish to notify the embassy.
If u have a hospital u may divulge that if u wish. Flesh it out with better oyibo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nupital: 11:12am On Dec 15, 2015
Good Morning House,

I am very new to Nairaland but this forum has opened my eyes to different scenarios in the venture to give birth in the US. It has been really helpful and i commend everyone that has contributed to make the thread this popular and informative ( i was referred to the thread by a colleague).

Our Story:

Myself and my wife got married in early 2014. She got pregnant in September 2015(4 months gone) and we would like to have our first child in the US. We have both traveled Ghana (vacation in 2013) and Tanzania (honeymoon). She has never applied for a US Visa. I applied in 2013 but was refused stating that i do not have strong ties to Nigeria. I was not married then and my entire family was and is still based in the US (all citizens). We want to be completely truthful to the embassy and the VO with regards the pregnancy. We intend to apply for the B2 visa(medical). We have seen some hospitals in the Phoenix, Atlanta and Houston in the range of $5000 - $7500 and we are pretty fine with any. We are both employed having a combined monthly salary of about N450k monthly and should have about N4 million combined as at interview date (looking at March 2016).

My questions are:

1. Is the Medical Visa the best option?

2. Should we apply together or separately;should she apply first then i apply after or vice versa ( seeing that i have been refused based on the ties to Nigeria)

3. Would the N4 million be sufficient to convince the VO that we have enough funds to sort the medical bills. If not, kindly suggest.

4. Should we make a deposit for the hospitals bills ( as i see some people paying and some not paying). I also saw a RED FLAG from the embassy saying that applicant should not pay the hospital bills before the interview.

Thanks House!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 11:33am On Dec 15, 2015
afrobrown2000:
Noticed these Americans dont like stress...was able get my SSN number today(abstract copy)....i just googled an SSA office near me ...went in took a number on the queue...got to my turn..took necessary documents with me LO's passports,BC,my ID..etc...the chap look thru the system and found out it was ready since a day before thanksgiving...and you know what...?its wasnt despated...he just printed out abstract copies for the twins on their Letter head...with LO's SSN attached...after long typing on the system he said i should expect SSN card by mail before Friday...and when i get it i should shred the letters he gave..thats the same way i got my BC didnt need to drive all the way to dallas office to get my BC..got it near a county office near me..
Immediately i got the SSN letter i headed to bank of America to open accounts for the twins...heard about a saving account under the minors act ...that requires only SSN then me as the custodian and twins as beneficiaries it requires $25 to open but if balance is less than $300 it attracts charges of $5 per month....na him i kuku open an with $300 each...
Waiting for departure date since i couldnt afford($3250) to change me ticket to earlier date...already planned my Xmas grove for this side.... grin wink cheesy

Guy no groove in Dallas. Just buy ur xmas clothes., ur drinks and Hope your DW sabi use oven grill Turkey! See una on the 31st
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by debrixxy: 11:47am On Dec 15, 2015
Hello house I'm actually not new here, I have a question to ask. I've read some pages but couldn't find answers.
My question goes like this: I currently have a U.S Visa which bears my maiden name along with my Nigerian passport(I got my passport before I got married). I used it for birthing purposes in 2014 which was the same year I got it. I need to renew it next year because I intend to travel next year. The thing is both my Nigerian passport and my U.S Visa will expire in June 2016. I intend to renew both using my new name. Please what is the best way to go about it, is it going to be problematic or shld I just renew through Dropbox using my maiden name. I need suggestions please.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by keneee: 11:56am On Dec 15, 2015
thanks alot. was really helpful.
Please does anyone know any reasonably priced hospital in maryland?
LadyGuinivere:

Consularabuja@state.gov
LagosNIV@state.gov
Nothing mush in the letter. You were issued a B1/B2 visa on bla date for bla purpose with passport nos. Bla.
U intend to use the said visa for birthing around bla time and wish to notify the embassy.
If u have a hospital u may divulge that if u wish. Flesh it out with better oyibo cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2015
Nogen:
@hellomosquito, reapply but this time your husband should not go with you. Let him stay at home abeg. He probably caused you this visa grin
I can't help it Kikikikikikikiki

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
debrixxy:
Hello house I'm actually not new here, I have a question to ask. I've read some pages but couldn't find answers.
My question goes like this: I currently have a U.S Visa which bears my maiden name along with my Nigerian passport(I got my passport before I got married). I used it for birthing purposes in 2014 which was the same year I got it. I need to renew it next year because I intend to travel next year. The thing is both my Nigerian passport and my U.S Visa will expire in June 2016. I intend to renew both using my new name. Please what is the best way to go about it, is it going to be problematic or shld I just renew through Dropbox using my maiden name. I need suggestions please.
it's simple

Go to Abuja because that's the only place change of name on passport can b done.
You can get it the next day sef.
Then u can now attach ur new and old passport together with rubberband grin and do ur drop box.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
nupital:
Good Morning House,

I am very new to Nairaland but this forum has opened my eyes to different scenarios in the venture to give birth in the US. It has been really helpful and i commend everyone that has contributed to make the thread this popular and informative ( i was referred to the thread by a colleague).

Our Story:

Myself and my wife got married in early 2014. She got pregnant in September 2015(4 months gone) and we would like to have our first child in the US. We have both traveled Ghana (vacation in 2013) and Tanzania (honeymoon). She has never applied for a US Visa. I applied in 2013 but was refused stating that i do not have strong ties to Nigeria. I was not married then and my entire family was and is still based in the US (all citizens). We want to be completely truthful to the embassy and the VO with regards the pregnancy. We intend to apply for the B2 visa(medical). We have seen some hospitals in the Phoenix, Atlanta and Houston in the range of $5000 - $7500 and we are pretty fine with any. We are both employed having a combined monthly salary of about N450k monthly and should have about N4 million combined as at interview date (looking at March 2016).

My questions are:

2. Should we apply together or separately;should she apply first then i apply after or vice versa ( seeing that i have been refused based on the ties to Nigeria)

3. Would the N4 million be sufficient to convince the VO that we have enough funds to sort the medical bills. If not, kindly suggest.

4. Should we make a deposit for the hospitals bills ( as i see some people paying and some not paying). I also saw a RED FLAG from the embassy saying that applicant should not pay the hospital bills before the interview.

Thanks House!

Congratulations on ur pregnancy... Yes o, she's preggy u r preggy too grin

1. Just apply for the B1/b2 visa... One stone to kill two birds.

2. Either is ok.. But for the sake of strong ties I suggest she applies alone and then U apply later

3. I think it's enough, but then it depends on d VO. This u have to kabash...

4. There's no need to pay until u get to the US. Paying doesn't increase ur chances. But preparedness does. And of course prayers....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2015
debrixxy:
U can do either. Renew with maiden name or go get a new passport in Abuja. Attach old passport and renew.
Whether u have maiden or married name, there's no issue

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nupital: 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
firsttymum:

Congratulations on ur pregnancy... Yes o, she's preggy u r preggy too grin
1. Just apply for the B1/b2 visa... One stone to kill two birds.
2. Either is ok.. But for the sake of strong ties I suggest she applies alone and then U apply later
3. I think it's enough, but then it depends on d VO. This u have to kabash...
4. There's no need to pay until u get to the US. Paying doesn't increase ur chances. But preparedness does. And of course prayers....

Thanks alot.

I know prayer is the key! We will do our best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jayjay4lyf: 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
keneee:
hello house,

thanks alot
Go back a few pages d screen grab sample with their reply is there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twingirls: 3:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
nupital:
Good Morning House,

I am very new to Nairaland but this forum has opened my eyes to different scenarios in the venture to give birth in the US. It has been really helpful and i commend everyone that has contributed to make the thread this popular and informative

Thanks House!

I believe medical visa is your best bet
I see no reason why you can't apply together, Whether you apply together or seperately, the issue of all ur immediate family been citizens will still come up
4million in your act is not bad, since you both are still working
Personally, I do not think it's advisable to pay hospital bills, some see it as desperation while some may see it as seriousness, but the fact is, why pay when you can still get it without payment?

The koko and most important thing is prayers prayers prayers.
I wish you luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twingirls: 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
Currently having fun and enjoying Houston weather.

Planned to use oakbend but ported to Methodist, and dr Amanjoh. Seriously enjoying their services.

My card is charging 217- N219 for one dollar, it's standard chartered bank, and I can do 2k dollars transactions daily. I do not think it's bad, compared to 240 other banks exchange.

I'm also learning abt money order, I plan trying it today and will be back to give feedback, I went with 3k dollar cash and almost got stranded paying my 5, 300 hospital bill, tank God for my friend turned sister who suggested I use my one day 2k quota to pay her bill (she added cash to complete) and den gave me her 2k which I needed to add to my card one day quota and pay the next day!

Moral of the long story is, pls come with enuf cash, so as not to get stranded grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2015
nupital:

Thanks alot.

I know prayer is the key! We will do our best.

Make sure you declare your siblings on your form

Also in the spot where they ask if you've been denied before say yes and state how ur circumstances has changed and your ties (things that you have in Naija that's worth coming back for now) e.g I'm married, have a job with a decent income. Just imagine that you are not having an interview and the form is your only chance to sell yourself so sell yourself well

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nupital: 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
favoredgal:

Make sure you declare your siblings in your form

Also in the spot where they ask if you've been denied before say yes and state how ur circumstances has changed and your ties (things that you have in Naija that's worth coming back for now) e.g I'm married, have a job with a decent income. Just imagine that you are not having an interview and the form is your only chance to sell yourself so sell yourself well

Noted! Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nupital: 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2015
twingirls:

I believe medical visa is your best bet
I see no reason why you can't apply together, Whether you apply together or seperately, the issue of all ur immediate family been citizens will still come up
4million in your act is not bad, since you both are still working
Personally, I do not think it's advisable to pay hospital bills, some see it as desperation while some may see it as seriousness, but the fact is, why pay when you can still get it without payment?

The koko and most important thing is prayers prayers prayers.
I wish you luck

Thanks alot. I think we would apply separately. My visa is important but not as important as hers.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vamum: 4:23pm On Dec 15, 2015
nupital:
Good Morning House,

My questions are:

I also think you should allow your wife apply first, once she has her visa you can say you are going to witness the birth of your baby.

N4 million should be fine, but again its based on the judgement of the VO. i think what they are really interested in seeing is cash flow and the fact that you are not using your life savings to fund the trip (i.e more inflow expected)

Making payment for the hospital does not increase your chances, actually may irritate some VO's

Again, this is just an opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hi all..newbie alert!!! I greet you all....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2015
Sleekmum:
hello welcome grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbiz: 6:10pm On Dec 15, 2015
QueenWest:
Any idea where I can change euroes to dollars in Houston, please.

Hello, go to galleria mall I think on the last floor Or open a bank account they should be able to change it there too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nupital: 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
vamum:

I also think you should allow your wife apply first, once she has her visa you can say you are going to witness the birth of your baby.

N4 million should be fine, but again its based on the judgement of the VO. i think what they are really interested in seeing is cash flow and the fact that you are not using your life savings to fund the trip (i.e more inflow expected)

Making payment for the hospital does not increase your chances, actually may irritate some VO's

Again, this is just an opinion.

Thanks alot...Appreciated!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anizi(f): 6:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
debrixxy:

If you want your husband's name on the new passport, apply for passport renewal/change of data. When you get your new passport, apply for your visa renewal drop box, attaching both passports together. You can renew your visa if the remaining validity is 6months or less. Thats what i did. Pls be sure to check that the old passport is cancelled before you leave immigration office. Mine was not cancelled, the embassy had to call me to come pick it, cancel and take it back to them, after which the guy just looked and it and gave me back saying he did not need it again.

Also remember to apply for your visa using your husband's surname, ie form ds 160

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by afrobrown2000: 7:43pm On Dec 15, 2015
i envy that your 219....ooo...hmm still swiping at 240 sad cry
twingirls:
Currently having fun and enjoying Houston weather.

Planned to use oakbend but ported to Methodist, and dr Amanjoh. Seriously enjoying their services.

My card is charging 217- N219 for one dollar, it's standard chartered bank, and I can do 2k dollars transactions daily. I do not think it's bad, compared to 240 other banks exchange.

I'm also learning abt money order, I plan trying it today and will be back to give feedback, I went with 3k dollar cash and almost got stranded paying my 5, 300 hospital bill, tank God for my friend turned sister who suggested I use my one day 2k quota to pay her bill (she added cash to complete) and den gave me her 2k which I needed to add to my card one day quota and pay the next day!

Moral of the long story is, pls come with enuf cash, so as not to get stranded grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Peebles23(f): 8:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
Sleekmum:

Welcome o jere was once like u oooo some months ago..... grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by apostlesola: 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hi All,

My wife and I wish to give birth to our first baby in Houston, Texas but we do not have any family relative in Texas. Please we need a thorough advise:
1. Is there anyone with the cheapest hospital? If possible, the name of the hospital, the price and the contact details (if any)
2. If we can have a cheaper accommodation/home with someone to take care of my wife

I will appreciate anyone with the first hand information as she plan leaving in her 6th month (January 2016)

Regards,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hello house, newbie alert...Please how soon can I travel back with my LO. Supposing I get my docs together with 2 weeks....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ye2ndearisto: 9:47pm On Dec 15, 2015
Fellow Naira land people oo. We arrived Houston last weekend and we just realized the guy who stamped us in didn't put the normal timeline of 6months when we are suppose to leave. Abeg ooo, help what does this mean because we declared am here to deliver ooo. Help me ooooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hello NL my DW will birth in March, she will be leaving nigeria in January please what bank can I get DOLLARS and what's the rate.
Also I intend witnessing the birth when apply for my visa should I be honest and tell the VO. That I am going to witness the birthing so should I say I am going for my cuz graduation since that falls around the same time. All veterans in this house pls ansa me na
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by debrixxy: 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
Thanks Firsttymum and LadyGuinivere, when do you think is the best time to renew?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2015
Sleekmum:
Hello house, newbie alert...Please how soon can I travel back with my LO. Supposing I get my docs together with 2 weeks....
From 2weeks if your baby is perfectly OK

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
Enizo:

Also I intend witnessing the birth when apply for my visa should I be honest and tell the VO. That I am going to witness the birthing so should I say I am going for my cuz graduation since that falls around the same time. All veterans in this house pls ansa me na
Thanks
That's exactly what you are supposed to say. Be truthful.
Hope your wife's purpose of travel is for child birth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.