Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852656 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 4:28am On Dec 18, 2015
favoredgal:

I guess exit interview will be more calm than entry (apart from the shock of its unexpectedness) cuz even if they cancel visa can they take the Pali back? grin

Babe, for where?, it is worse than entry cos you had prepared your defense, THIS IS AN AMBUSH.

You don't get the rational behind waylaying people at the entrance of the aircraft?

It is to rattle & shake one's confidence (with hopes of cancelling visa) especially when you've gotten BP, done all checks,passed TSA, waka around duty free , even do window shopping & just at the point of showing your Pass to the Cabin crew, you just hear "This way ma'am"..

Like the person told Popri, the guy who "harassed" me too kept talking about cancellation & was ready to call for my baggage, but as God dey do, my docs were in my hand luggage & my stuff when poured on the floor while they were searching...

Totally traumatic & embarrassing.... thank God a nor get pata gigan inside.. grin grin cheesy

NB... Nefertitiram aunty told me when i called her to narrate her experience that a church member's sis was bounced just around same time... That Chicago is the deportation & visa cancelling HQ of USCIS...

Thank God for this forum, na for entry dem for don bounce me sef grin, appreciate you all...

Also hope everyone will share , we really don't know what good we are doing the next person when we share.

God bless us ALL.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 4:35am On Dec 18, 2015
So JPS get this kin package?? Never knew O. Abeg, how did you get it? And how can I get the package. I'll love to birth in Dallas cos of accommodation. As I dey now enh, dollar dey commot water for woman pikin "sontin" grin.

[/quote]

Is your free accommodation in Tarrant County? If so you can get your hosts to assist you in getting a Tarrant County Residents ID which is what you need to show at the hospital to qualify for the JPS OB Pack.

All you need to get the ID is 2 Utility bills from your host and a driver's license. The host has to go with you to the nearest driver's license office to sign an affidavit.

Take along your international passport and pay $16 dollars. You get a temporary ID same day and your permanent ID the following week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 4:45am On Dec 18, 2015
modath:

Babe, for where?, it is worse than entry cos you had prepared your defense, THIS IS AN AMBUSH.

You don't get the rational behind waylaying people at the entrance of the aircraft?

It is to rattle & shake one's confidence (with hopes of cancelling visa) especially when you've gotten BP, done all checks,passed TSA, waka around duty free , even do window shopping & just at the point of showing your Pass to the Cabin crew, you just hear "This way ma'am"..

Like the person told Popri, the guy who "harassed" me too kept talking about cancellation & was ready to call for my baggage, but as God dey do, my docs were in my hand luggage & my stuff when poured on the floor while they were searching...

Totally traumatic & embarrassing.... thank God a nor get pata gigan inside.. grin grin cheesy

NB... Nefertitiram aunty told me when i called her to narrate her experience that a church member's sis was bounced just around same time... That Chicago is the deportation & visa cancelling HQ of USCIS...

Thank God for this forum, na entry dem for don bounce me sef, appreciate you all...

Also hope everyone will share , we really don't know what good we are doing the next person when we share, God bless us ALL.

so maybe its best to fly local out of Chicago, the have a different point of international Exit

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 6:00am On Dec 18, 2015
@Popri, thank God for wisdom . Welcome back home.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 6:51am On Dec 18, 2015
Not even left n already feeling homesick n crying already!!! Pls how do u guys do it?? Hmmm this is some super human tinz o!! God help all of us.
@popri Tnx God jare Oluwa is really involved!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ayanuke: 7:29am On Dec 18, 2015
neks31:
Not even left n already feeling homesick n crying already!!! Pls how do u guys do it?? Hmmm this is some super human tinz o!! God help all of us.

The light at the end of the tunnel should make you feel better small grin. Thank God for social media.you can skype with family, Pele and have a safe and stress free trip.
Good Luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by back2dmatter: 7:34am On Dec 18, 2015
[size=20pt]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Who's giving birth on Christmas Day
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Posh404: 7:51am On Dec 18, 2015
nupital:
Morning House!

Please how many months prior should my bank statement be? Is 3 months okay?

I intend for my wife to apply first. If she is asked why i am not with her or why i am not applying for a visa, what is the best response to the possible question?

I applied alone without my husband. When asked I just answered "he is working on a project and won't be chanced".
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 7:53am On Dec 18, 2015
neks31:

Are u leaving your daughter behind?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jenyjay: 8:37am On Dec 18, 2015
Newbie Alert : I am one of those who have been reading and following this forum .I have read through pt 1 till date. cheesy .
I finally decided to join today.

This has been informative.

Congrats to all the mamas in d house.
Those when Don Waka go come ,and those in the process.

I hope to share my POE experience in two weeks time. grin

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 9:11am On Dec 18, 2015
I am grin
back2dmatter:
[size=20pt]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Who's giving birth on Christmas Day
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[/size]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 10:41am On Dec 18, 2015
I came across what looks like what you want on alwaysme.ng

betty1983:
Dear moms and moms to be,

Compliments of the season! Please I need a big favour from those returning before Christmas. I've been looking for 'MY FIRST CHRISTMAS' 2 piece bodysuit outfit for my son (size 12 months) online for a while now but his size hasn't been available. Can anyone please help me buy it in a shop before returning home. I live in Lagos. I just want his first christmas to be very memorable. Please help a sister out biko. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dyout: 11:39am On Dec 18, 2015
The Lord has blessed us with a bouncing baby boy on the 15th of December. i will give details of the cost of hospital & Doc later.

28 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
Congratulations on a successful delivery....God bless your family. grin cheesy......

dyout:
The Lord has blessed us with a bouncing baby boy on the 15th of December. i will give details of the cost of hospital & Doc later.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by babycake01: 12:47pm On Dec 18, 2015
anizi:

sending the money via western union to your self before you leave or have someone send it after u leave., cheaper than black market. My mum did something like that a week ago via 1st bank, the exchange rate was N199.8 to $1 but u will pay bank charges about N15k + to send $1k, so all in all it will come out to about N216 per $1. Better than black market.
But theres a snag, 1st bank says u can only send $1k per transaction, they gave my mum a story i could not quiet understand . Try other banks that send western union. Bank transfer is a no no, even before $went up toN260, bank was changinging at N237 per $ for bank wire transfer, minus fees.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
The hotel, ground transportation and 1 day free visa only applies when there is no other connecting flight on your date of travel with a shorter transit time as at the time of your booking. thought i was eligible when i tried this on one of my previous flights, until I was politely educated on the policy by the ever so courteous Emirates staff.

nefertitiram:

Alaroro sister like me! Hw market

I flew emirates back with my LO. After buying tkt everything is free... ie hotel, visa, ground transport, feeding. Just make sure u book dubai connect in advance and collect your vouchers at the checkin counter
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
I didn't have my baby there but a friend did and it did take 45 days to get the birth certificate. That is their state law. Good luck and Godspeed dear.

nkyokojie:
I need help..i delivered in Johnson city in d state of Teneesee and I was just told that it takes 30 to 45 working days to get the birth certificate. Has anyone delivered in this state n is there any way to expedite it.my leave is running out and I need to get his passport
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
Hi nuptial. The advise is to go with a minimum of 6 months' bank statement updated no more than 30 days to your interview (basically printed out within 30 days of your interview). However you can take a year's statement or more to your interview, there is nothing wrong. I took 1 year's statement, others have taken 8 months, some others 13 months.

nupital:

Thanks again for the reply!

The bank statement has been inconsistent for some months now. I have a project that i am doing and its zeros my balance. With this new development, i would stop the project and concentrate on funding the account appropriately. I can start that this month till March/April we intend applying. But that would only be a solid 4-5 months statement. Confused!

Reason for Wife's visa first:

Since i have been refused based on my family and siblings being in the US and no strong ties to Nigeria, i want my wife to apply first, then i go after she has been given.

Thanks yet again!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
So after I have given albeit unsolicited responses above. Lol! I would like to give a shout out to favoredgal. She so graciously helped me out with a very important "thing" recently. Nairaland moms can be cool you know. Happy holidays everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 3:45pm On Dec 18, 2015
you were really calm. thumbs up. at my interview....the same you should know better, profs and all talk came up (i'm a doc as well) but i was also polite and explained how i do not desire to be a statistic in our maternal mortality index thanks to lack of infrastructure.

Popri:
To think I was so calm during that ordeal is unbelievable...All I can say is that God was with me, coz she kept repeating I will cancel your visa, but I was very calm and I spoke softly and clearly looking straight into her eyes, and i saw that look in her eyes like "won't you beg me"? You can't change their minds, you can only try to convince them and pray to God so begging was not something I even thought of

@customized87, I just voted, your boy is so cute

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 3:46pm On Dec 18, 2015
dyout:

Congratulations.He is blessed and highly favoured.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
vcole:
So after I have given albeit unsolicited responses above. Lol! I would like to give a shout out to favoredgal. She so graciously helped me out with a very important "thing" recently. Nairaland moms can be cool you know. Happy holidays everyone.

You are welcome darl. Merry Christmas
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Egonne1(f): 4:41pm On Dec 18, 2015
FirstBank does Western Union outbound. Cbn mandates maximum of $1000 per quarter. This can be done at any of their branches with a valid means of I.d
quote author=jacksparow post=41096961]

Bia u too......anyways, I just learnt today that first bank is doing 198 today for western union transfer abroad. Don't know the details or requirements yet or the max amount u can transfer a day until I transfer...[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 4:47pm On Dec 18, 2015
dyout:
congratulations dear...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nupital: 4:51pm On Dec 18, 2015
vcole:
Hi nuptial. The advise is to go with a minimum of 6 months' bank statement updated no more than 30 days to your interview (basically printed out within 30 days of your interview). However you can take a year's statement or more to your interview, there is nothing wrong. I took 1 year's statement, others have taken 8 months, some others 13 months.

Thanks vcole. I will do 6 months as it is the minimum requirement.

Regards.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2015
Some of The questions I get via pms can b asked here... So we can all learn... Plus other people can give answers too.. It's also so exhausting for me to type something here and u come and ask me same thing via pm. It's not even fair.

Or u ask something that d answer is on d previous page... Or was recently discussed

Pls Let's not abuse the use of pms.

And honestly Google is ur friend.. And it's free... Haba na wa o

How can u b asking me something u can search on Google?
Yer I'm subbing some peeps cos I don tire.

It's not forming abi fronting... I am willing to help by all means but Haba it's even faster to search for stuffs on Google than send a msg.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
dyout:
Congratulations. GOD bless your LO and quick quick recovery to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
firsttymum:
Some of The questions I get via pms can b asked here... So we can all learn... Plus other people can give answers too.. It's also so exhausting for me to type something here and u come and ask me same thing via pm. It's not even fair.

Or u ask something that d answer is on d previous page... Or was recently discussed

It's not forming abi fronting... I am willing to help by all means but Haba it's even faster to search for stuffs on Google than send a msg.

Kikikikiki...Nigerians don't use the tools available to them. If you tell sb to read backwards, you will be tagged an enemy of progress. Just wait and see!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 5:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
favoredgal:

Are u leaving your daughter behind?

" modified " why r u asking?? Anything
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
firsttymum:

when you even answer a lot of them dont even have the courtesy to respond with a simple THANK YOU. as if you are a research assistant on their payroll.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 5:54pm On Dec 18, 2015
ayanuke:

The light at the end of the tunnel should make you feel better small grin. Thank God for social media.you can skype with family, Pele and have a safe and stress free trip.
Good Luck.

Abi oo!! Tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
firsttymum:

Boss Boss...easy with your people...You dont know you are a member of the Board of Directors? Anyways, I really feel your vex.

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.