Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852632 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olorieka: 7:54am On Dec 19, 2015
Plz my people the vo actually asked what as changed between my last interview and dis recent 1 so I was thinking if I could renew my passport then travel to either S.A or Dubai and try to pay my hospital bills will that make any different.thanks so much in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by missusadey: 8:02am On Dec 19, 2015
jenny3:

Hi I'm interested and already in Alanta, please reach me on 4044574700

Aii Jenny3...I've forwarded your number to her. She wld get in touch with you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tobermom: 8:20am On Dec 19, 2015
jenyjay:
Abeg no vex dear mamas I have my own question.

My own is almost here ooo.

Do you think I should write a change of intent to the embassy? Or just arm myself with my documents.
I suggest you send the change of intent mail as a back up to show youve covered all bases. Its just by way of information it doesnt matter when you contacted the hospital or doctor. They usually reply within reasonable time. You should have a response before that two weeks.
N/B they may not even ask for documents at POE but its always best to be overprepared.
All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jenyjay: 8:36am On Dec 19, 2015
Tobermom:

I suggest you send the change of intent mail as a back up to show youve covered all bases. Its just by way of information it doesnt matter when you contacted the hospital or doctor. They usually reply within reasonable time. You should have a response before that two weeks.
N/B they may not even ask for documents at POE but its always best to be overprepared.
All the best

Thanks Tobermom.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:39am On Dec 19, 2015
Tobermom:

All the best
I strongly second that. Lef that faith something now. Fulfill all righteousness. Write the letter o.
Lemme share a story with u. My friend's wife was heading to chicago to birth in November. I kept on sending them transcripts and begging them to send the letter.
Madam landed at chicago. They kept her for up to 7 hours. The recurrent question was did u inform us. Thank God they did finally.
Gpara ekwensu oso biko! (Flee from satan pls )

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:48am On Dec 19, 2015
olorieka:
Plz my people the vo actually asked what as changed between my last interview and dis recent 1 so I was thinking if I could renew my passport then[b] travel to either S.A or Dubai[/b] and try to pay my hospital bills will that make any different.thanks so much in advance
Why are you doing like this na? Didn't u read the responses? With particular reference to Bigfido's? Oya go back and read it. It answered your question.
Again paying bills does not add or change anything as has been said several times here

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by donugapi(m): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2015
This fx matter has become something else.. From next year we can't use our cards for international transactions till further notice.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:47am On Dec 19, 2015
Nogen:

Because you are involved, Baba T won't win. You are always in my thought dear and God will soon give you an awesome New Year present.
Amen oooo! In jesus mighty name

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olorieka: 9:48am On Dec 19, 2015
At lady thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 10:03am On Dec 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Honey bunch. In my humble opinion the problem transcends the passport. Why? Your interviews are transcribed and stored which is why they keep on referring to it.Soo new passport or not, its on the system. U have been refused 3 times abi? With different combo of alone and with oga?
I believe u should tackle those visas. Uk is pretty easy to get if u fulfill all righteousness.
Once u scale that hurdle believe me ul get the visa. US are just not ready to 'disvirgin' your passport. The timeline may not work for u. If this particular baby is born in Naija that's not the worst thing. The rest will have the opportunity. Its better to go back to the drawing board. Cos somebody prolly made a note that's working against u. So take urtime and show them u can be trusted. Get a uk visa. Visit. Return. And reapply. That was what worked for me.
Sorry if this isn't the advice u were seeking for

I cannot like this comment enough.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 10:27am On Dec 19, 2015
Hi Vcole, pls I want to ask what if ones account statement is updated 2wks before the interview would there be a problem?

vcole:
Hi nuptial. The advise is to go with a minimum of 6 months' bank statement updated no more than 30 days to your interview (basically printed out within 30 days of your interview). However you can take a year's statement or more to your interview, there is nothing wrong. I took 1 year's statement, others have taken 8 months, some others 13 months.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 10:38am On Dec 19, 2015
donugapi:
This fx matter has become something else.. From next year we can't use our cards for international transactions till further notice.

Is this for real shocked shocked

May God help us
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kejjie: 10:38am On Dec 19, 2015
@ Tobermom,pls wat is the name of extended stay you put up with and how much is it per month? Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 10:47am On Dec 19, 2015
Sleekmum:
Hahahahahahahaha! Firsttymym ya truly funny...no one has asked me any q's yet cause I've just joined dis forum but I've used my brain and learnt alot...I feel your pain grin .Some kain kwesions even tires me dat has no experience yet not to talk of u or those dat either have big belle of just had a baby...just take it easy darling...Lol

my dear na so we see am o.
Chizee02:
Hi Vcole, pls I want to ask what if ones account statement is updated 2wks before the interview would there be a problem?
define the update? Like pay in a large sum before d interview?
They basically wanna see how money enters and leaves d account...the consistency.
donugapi:
thought they said only China UAE and African countries?
LI:
Take solace in the fact some people consider you very knowledgeable in this waka.
Doh. wink How's your angel doing?
he's fine... How's d family? Merry Christmas in advance
LI:
Now that is just so WRONG
every shade of wrong. But yet they still ask over and over... day in day out.. Without a simple thank you for d previous questions answered... Main while u will even av to munch pages the person refused to read, or drop pages etc.. I'm fine even with d above.

It's d ones that has turned Me to Google, or asking a question I've already answered.... After claiming you av read all my posts... Like seriously
Phema:
Congrats to the new mummies. May the good Lord bless and keep your little ones.
Shout out to the mamas consistently helping out with questions here. Ozycy, firsttymum, Ladyg, favoredgal, Nogen, Nefer, LI, Olokings, modath, shagasbobo et al, una too much.
Welcome newbies. Feel free to ask questions and even freer to read backwards. It will help your sojourn to be error-proof. kiss
Uchetobi how far? Haven't heard from you in awhile.
Season's greetings everyone.
Oh darling Phema shout out to you too... Kisses to ur LO
Apple19:
Wow!@ Middy O. Thanks mama. Will sure find out and get back to the house. Am sure this my "ALARORO" waka must pay grin...
@ Firsty....mama no vex for us naa. Na to gather info all of us dey. E nor go funny make person carry JJC Passport enter oyinbo country con dey "jjcsly" follow spend the money. By the time we sef go come once like this, na to dey form senior remain grin. So much appreciate your help so far mamas, you mums rockkkkkkkkk!!!! Make una manage this one kiss kiss
my able questionnaire... Lol how u dey, so all of us shld manage two kiss? Lol

Peebles23:
Firsttymum nd @favoured girl make una no vex una hear? God is only our rewarder. We love this house don't we? grin
vex ke? At least I'm still replying... Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 10:48am On Dec 19, 2015
favoredgal:

Is this for real shocked shocked

I have a diamond account, dint get any email like this.
check again o... Cos I did.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 10:48am On Dec 19, 2015
firsttymum:

Just saw it in my spam

Iv modified my post

May God help us. Makes no sense as u can't find your dollar denominated account over the counter

The only way Iv been able to fund mydollar account in a looooong time is receiving reimbursement from My health insurance

It is well...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Licious801: 11:28am On Dec 19, 2015
Good morning and compliments of the season to you all. So excited to be able to finally comment after 3 weeks of serious jacking. Congrats to all the new mommas and papas in the house and a very big shout out to all the gurus in the house, I've learned so much from you guys; Firsttymum, LadyG, Ozycy, Nefertitiram my orobo sister, Modath, Ll, Olokings, Tvegas, Nogen, Favoredgal, Neks31, Nasadiva, Jacksparow et al. I want to be like y'all when I grow up. You all are just too much. God will surely reward all of you for all your effort. I wish I discovered this thread b4 my visa interview, it would have saved us the money we spent on one yeye agent. Anyways, visa has been issued already and one must move forward

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 11:37am On Dec 19, 2015
firsttymum:

I did too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 11:43am On Dec 19, 2015
firsttymum:
my dear na so we see am o. define the update? Like pay in a large sum before d interview?
They basically wanna see how money enters and leaves d account...the consistency. thought they said only China UAE and African countries? he's fine... How's d family? Merry Christmas in advance every shade of wrong. But yet they still ask over and over... day in day out.. Without a simple thank you for d previous questions answered... Main while u will even av to munch pages the person refused to read, or drop pages etc.. I'm fine even with d above.

It's d ones that has turned Me to Google, or asking a question I've already answered.... After claiming you av read all my posts... Like seriously
Oh darling Phema shout out to you too... Kisses to ur LO
my able questionnaire... Lol how u dey, so all of us shld manage two kiss? Lol

vex ke? At least I'm still replying... Lol

@Firsttymum, I didn't mean paying large sum of money rather was asking if there would be any problem if I get my statement 2wks before the interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mamanicky: 12:09pm On Dec 19, 2015
Please and please, who has used any affordable apartment in New Jersey, I wish to birth there but have trouble finding an apartment. Help me and God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Licious801: 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2015
In the spirit of giving back;
I and fiance (now hubby) got Chinese visas in 2010. 3 months, one entry. I got a job within that period so we couldn't make the trip. Fast forward to 2015 Sept, we just found out we were expecting number 2 and decided to have the baby in the US. We renewed our passports, got one for our daughter and then contacted an agent and paid him for everything. Our interview was on the 25th of Nov. We went that morning with our burden of proof, Hubby's biz documents, bank details, letter of introduction from my office, emolument letter, letter stating I was going to be on leave in Dec cos we stated we'll be traveling on the 20th of Dec to spend 2 weeks in the US, 6 months payslips, 6 months bank details, marriage certificate cos I still use my maiden name.
Our interview went like this:
Us: good morning
Vo: good morning. Passports please. I see your daughter can't be interviewed today. What's the problem? We explained that there was a mistake with her barcode and we were told to reschedule her interview for a later date after sorting it out
Vo; hand me the passport let me see if there's anything I can do to help. He checked and crosschecked on his computer, then handed it back to us saying he was sorry there was nothing he could do about it we'll just have to reschedule. We said thanks for trying
Vo; What do you want to do in the US?
Hubby: vacation
Vo: Where would you stay?
Hubby: we already booked a hotel in Houston Texas. Vo checked to confirm
Vo: why Houston?
Hubby: cos of the weather won't be as cold as other states in December
Vo: do you have family in the US?
Both of us: no
Vo to hubby:what do you do and how much do you earn
Hubby: I do Bleep, my pay depends on the particular job and client
Vo; what's the range?
Hubby; it really varies
Vo: so how much did you make last month?
Hubby: Bleep
Vo: wow! That's impressive
I was adviced by my colleague to hang my ID card. So the vo saw it and asked: how long have you worked in xxxx
Me: 3 years
Vo: what's you job description? I told him.
Vo: how much do you earn
Me: Bleep
Vo: enjoy your vacation in Houston. Handed us a white paper and asked us to pick up our passports on Monday
My daughter's interview has been rescheduled for 31st Dec. We did all we could but they said she has to be finger printed
Sorry for the long post. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tobermom: 12:35pm On Dec 19, 2015
kejjie:
@ Tobermom,pls wat is the name of extended stay you put up with and how much is it per month? Thank you.
Sorry dear but i didnt stay in rented accomodation. So i have no idea. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2015
Licious801:
In the spirit of giving back;
I and fiance (now hubby) got Chinese visas in 2010. 3 months, one entry. I got a job within that period so we couldn't make the trip. Fast forward to 2015 Sept, we just found out we were expecting number 2 and decided to have the baby in the US. We renewed our passports, got one for our daughter and then contacted an agent and paid him for everything. Our interview was on the 25th of Nov. We went that morning with our burden of proof, Hubby's biz documents, bank details, letter of introduction from my office, emolument letter, letter stating I was going to be on leave in Dec cos we stated we'll be traveling on the 20th of Dec to spend 2 weeks in the US, 6 months payslips, 6 months bank details, marriage certificate cos I still use my maiden name.
Our interview went like this:
Us: good morning
Vo: good morning. Passports please. I see your daughter can't be interviewed today. What's the problem? We explained that there was a mistake with her barcode and we were told to reschedule her interview for a later date after sorting it out
Vo; hand me the passport let me see if there's anything I can do to help. He checked and crosschecked on his computer, then handed it back to us saying he was sorry there was nothing he could do about it we'll just have to reschedule. We said thanks for trying
Vo; What do you want to do in the US?
Hubby: vacation
Vo: Where would you stay?
Hubby: we already booked a hotel in Houston Texas. Vo checked to confirm
Vo: why Houston?
Hubby: cos of the weather won't be as cold as other states in December
Vo: do you have family in the US?
Both of us: no
Vo to hubby:what do you do and how much do you earn
Hubby: I do Bleep, my pay depends on the particular job and client
Vo; what's the range?
Hubby; it really varies
Vo: so how much did you make last month?
Hubby: Bleep
Vo: wow! That's impressive
I was adviced by my colleague to hang my ID card. So the vo saw it and asked: how long have you worked in xxxx
Me: 3 yearsl
Hm. So u did not mention the birthing?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Licious801: 12:54pm On Dec 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I didn't o. It was after I got the visa and I started doing my research that a friend hooked me up to this thread. I'm due 23rd of May. We still wanted to travel for Christmas first but now we can't cos my baby hasn't gotten her visa yet. Hubby is still insisting we go in January. I don't see the point anymore. I just intend to send a letter of change of intent to the embassy in February
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Licious801: 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I didn't o. The agent told me to hide it. It was after I got the visa and I started doing my research that a friend hooked me up to this thread. I'm due 23rd of May. We still wanted to travel for Christmas first but now we can't cos my baby hasn't gotten her visa yet. Hubby is still insisting we go in January. I don't see the point anymore. I just intend to send a letter of change of intent to the embassy in February
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by friend(f): 1:08pm On Dec 19, 2015
Big thanks to you all.
I arrived Houston yesterday, I was sent for secondary inspection.
my payment receipt and cash was confirmed.
The officer adviced that i should pay all my bills and check very well before I sign any document at the hospital. I should not accept Medicaid.

Please, where is the best place to do shopping for the baby, I'm due in 4 weeks. I'm in Missouri city Houston. Also assist with the checklist
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nasadiva: 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2015
dyout:
The Lord has blessed us with a bouncing baby boy on the 15th of December. i will give details of the cost of hospital & Doc later.

congrats dear. Kisses to LO

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 1:43pm On Dec 19, 2015
favoredgal:

i don't understand, i'm not upset, just stating what my experience has been

Meanwhile have you started processing your form A.

No bank is selling PtA at the moment

ok@ not being upset....The form A is not here o....Seems the better option now is western union to DW. first bank's rate on friday was 198.5 with little charges not more than 215 to send $1000. when I go there physically to transfer, I will get the full jist. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2015
firsttymum:
my dear how person go do na... Board of directors without pay abi?

lol...dont worry, am sure you feel warm and happier knowing you helped someone resolve a genuine issue. Thats the pay.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 1:54pm On Dec 19, 2015
Hello wonderful people of this forum. Compliments of the season to you all and congrats to all the new nairaland american babies. Welcome to the world.
Please, everyone, still on the matter. I don tire. To get a VBAC friendly doctor hard pass the US visa itself. My money don finish say I dey load card call US. VBAC means Vaginal birth after a C-Section.
Wonderful Tobermom assisted me with one in NYC but if you happen to proceed to CS for any reason, the money is sth else. I am really playing safe.
Please, can anyone assist me with a hospital and a VBAC friendly doctor. If possible, within a total of 5k USD. It seems there are no much VBAC mums here.
I will really appreciate any assistance I can get as am almost giving up hope.
Thanks.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:58pm On Dec 19, 2015
Chizee02:

@Firsttymum, I didn't mean paying large sum of money rather was asking if there would be any problem if I get my statement 2wks before the interview.
not a problem at all then
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 3:01pm On Dec 19, 2015
cc olorieka

U re soo on point. .
Apply n get a UK visa. ..visit for a week. ...go to dubai for a weekend. ..then carry ur partly #dirty (with stamp passport) n go bk reapply for d us visa u sure ll get it.

I did that. ..my familia got denied by France with the dreaded denial stamp on their visas. .
I simply b4 going for us application visited dubai using a connecting flight were I had to enter Ethiopia for a day on both legs of the trip. .. n other opportunities came where we had to visit dubai again 4 three days. ..so by the time we went for d interview we claim better travel history. ....

U know that type where u form I just decided to pop in the country for a few days sight seeing. .
Let em conclude dt u re not big into long holidays n always wanna come bk home. ..#winks. ..

Do as ladyG adviced.

LadyGuinivere:

Honey bunch. In my humble opinion the problem transcends the passport. Why? Your interviews are transcribed and stored which is why they keep on referring to it.Soo new passport or not, its on the system. U have been refused 3 times abi? With different combo of alone and with oga?
I believe u should tackle those visas. Uk is pretty easy to get if u fulfill all righteousness.
Once u scale that hurdle believe me ul get the visa. US are just not ready to 'disvirgin' your passport. The timeline may not work for u. If this particular baby is born in Naija that's not the worst thing. The rest will have the opportunity. Its better to go back to the drawing board. Cos somebody prolly made a note that's working against u. So take urtime and show them u can be trusted. Get a uk visa. Visit. Return. And reapply. That was what worked for me.
Sorry if this isn't the advice u were seeking for

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.