Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,414 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852732 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 8:49pm On Oct 20, 2015
favoredgal:

Pls lets pass the right information because of newbies that will be reading the thread, its not just enough to pay your bills and get receipts. All interactions are documented in the system. Honesty is encouraged all the way, especially since you are armed with your burden of proof. All responses are documented in the system. We'v had series of good news, so i have been reluctant to share this, but a family friend was turned back from Atlanta on Sat, because when she went to have her first baby she dint declare @ POE. This is someone that went thru dropbox, wasn't pregnant when she got her visa and had all her receipts with her. Some people are lucky but not all

I hope this "White lie" doesn't come to bite her in the future.

@bbsy, Congrats on your successful entry and do have a safe delivery

No one is advocating dishonesty. She even began her post by saying hers is a bit different. So she obviously knows the norm is to declare your intentions no matter what. She probably didn't have the courage to and my school of thought is not to make her feel worse when she already may feel bad.
Everyone here is an adult in their own right, I'm sure they're very aware of actions and consequences.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Cuteaidomo: 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2015
julzz:

Nope, he didn't request it guess it is not that important but they did d gbs test.

Thanks julzz. But pls did u use doctoresparati? If yes,pls which of their doctors was assigned to you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by elitebook: 9:25pm On Oct 20, 2015
@Bbsy, yours is not a unique one really and I don't see what happened as a lie, white or not. You may send an email though if it makes you feel better.
Truth is there's no hard and fast rule about these things. You cannot deny a question that you weren't asked. Simple as that. These people are not "gods". If you know your rights as a human being, boldly defend your position on the matter. We've heard so many stories that make sense and others that don't, showing that their reasoning isn't one dimensional. As it should be. Relax, have your baby and when it's time to renew your visa, renew it. If they call you for an interview, so be it. Interview isn't rapture.

@Amgizzie, you can PM me for details of Hospitals in Miami. Not sure Justwise will be cool abouty sharing openly. I m heading there soon.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ayanuke: 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2015
firsttymum:
Ozycy and MiddyO...
Hmmm there's fake in naija o... My hubby is even saying we need to buy more..

I will advise you don't buy more, observe if your baby won't have a negative reaction to it before further purchase. If he or she is cool with it grin u can order more but ensure that the expiry dates are far apart. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by arabanbi007(m): 10:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
Good day all. Please am in need of quick help. Am currently in Maryland and should be due for Dec/January. I'm thinking of the option of travelling to Richmund for delivery(due to costs, Maryland is expensive). Please is there any family or people offering accommodation services? I don't want to stay alone just to be on the safe side. I'm looking through the thread for some earlier mentioned hospitals and doctors but any one's suggestion/opinion is welcomed.

-----please I'm talking about Richmond Virginia
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amother4life: 10:24pm On Oct 20, 2015
bbaby84:

When was Abu dhabi poe again? I really doubt that. Though they do their own thorough checks but I don't think it's a poe.

It's a preclearance facility for all U.S bound flights and not a POE.

http://www.cbp.gov/border-security/ports-entry/operations/preclearance/abu-dhabi-international-airport-preclearance-queue-times
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by omogedudu99: 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2015
neks31:

Hi Guys! Firsttymum, olokings and other gurus in the house.... Pls I want to ask a qts o! I'm headed to Houston but want to stop over for a week 2 cool off @ our family friends place Maryland before heading to HOUSTON. My problem now is that I'm flying to JFK and will catch a one hr 30mins flight to MD n after a week I will be porting to my birthing town, so what address will I use on my landing card

You can have your family friend's address at maryland on your landling card. At least that's your confirmed destination for now.

But do you have any flight booking for the Maryland - Houston trip? Or any document confirming your Dr's appointment for Houston? Either would be necessary at the POE especially if you have to show Dr's /Hospital corresponce for the birthing purpose. Otherwise, your story may not add up.

my 2 cents..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KayLayChi: 10:52pm On Oct 20, 2015
Amother4life:

http://www.cbp.gov/border-security/ports-entry/operations/preclearance/abu-dhabi-international-airport-preclearance-queue-times

Preclearance or POE, the point is that if you are cleared in Abu Dhabi then no one will ask you any question in the US.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by omogedudu99: 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2015
favoredgal:

why not get a readily available doctor's correspondence for the purpose of your interview? i think its been established here that dr's in dallas do not give any correspondence

@Amgizzi,
Indeed, it's hard getting Dr and hospital correspondences from Dallas.

It took my host several visits and phone calls to the offices on my behalf before they sent her emails which she forwarded to me. Do you have anyone in Dallas that can do that for you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 11:18pm On Oct 20, 2015
Amother4life:

Yes o. I read up on it. I made Google my friend. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:47am On Oct 21, 2015
neks31:

Hi Guys! Firsttymum, olokings and other gurus in the house.... Pls I want to ask a qts o! I'm headed to Houston but want to stop over for a week 2 cool off @ our family friends place Maryland before heading to HOUSTON. My problem now is that I'm flying to JFK and will catch a one hr 30mins flight to MD n after a week I will be porting to my birthing town, so what address will I use on my landing card and dunno how stressful it will be coz I'm going with a 4yrs old! Will d airline in America fly me @3oweeks Pls cos I'm going at 29weeks cos of ARIK wahalA! I'm so confused n dunno if I shud just go straight to Houston but boredom is also my problem!! Pls Epp me guys! Thanks dears n hope this qts ain't silly!
I doubt the local flight is an issue... I just asked someone who flew locally and it was delta..
No matter what the boredom will still hit you. After na Houston u go still come born. Besides ur 4 yr old should b enough entertainment sef..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ChyG: 12:56am On Oct 21, 2015
I flew American Airlines from Portland to Detroit (about 7 hrs +) at 34 weeks + 3 days. I didn't have any fit to fly on me. Nobody asked for it though. I even had a 55 mins lay over in Phoenix yet no one asked for my fit to fly. I checked the airline's policy on pregnant passengers before flying though.
neks31:

@Favouredgal ok I will do that! So I should carry 2 fit to fly or just one that will cover d both local flights? Tnx dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:24am On Oct 21, 2015
bbaby84:

No one is advocating dishonesty. She even began her post by saying hers is a bit different. So she obviously knows the norm is to declare your intentions no matter what. She probably didn't have the courage to and my school of thought is not to make her feel worse when she already may feel bad.
Everyone here is an adult in their own right, I'm sure they're very aware of actions and consequences.
I doubt she trying to make her feel worse.
1. Alot of people go through this thread and she's trying to state what the right thing to do is. For the newbies reading. And honestly Those that conceal pregnancy enter the exact way.
2. Not everyone is aware of the consequences of their actions and it's not about being matured.

We just want the right thing stated always. Irrespective of the corner corner we do.
Favoredgal said her family friend was turned back on her next visit... For this similar thing.

It's not just entrying into the US... Let's not forget the renewal and also the next visit process.

Like someone said these things are in d system. It's annoying when ones integrity is questioned. Especially as innocent as her point of entry was. And they now tag Nigerians as dishonest.

Like elitebook suggested bbsy Abeg send an email just to b on a safe side.

I remember that painful story of that woman that her visa plus her husband and kids were cancelled and they were turned back.

WHY ARE YOU HERE ; CHILDBIRTH AND BLA BLA BLA.

Chai I talk too much... pls forgive my long epistle..

20 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:35am On Oct 21, 2015
We need to find a solution to this Dallas Dr's correspondence o. Mamas and papa's in Dallas make una talk to una Dr's o.

I just hope Dr Fs correspondence do not start raising eyebrows
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by gaggle: 1:52am On Oct 21, 2015
favoredgal:

Why not check the policy of the local airline you want to fly? you can also put a call to them to confirm

@neks, I don't think u have a problem. I flew from boston to houston at about 32weeks using southwest airline no one asked any questions. when I landed I filled in the address of the people I was going to stay with in boston. I stayed with them for about a month before heading to houston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 2:00am On Oct 21, 2015
ayanuke:

I will advise you don't buy more, observe if your baby won't have a negative reaction to it before further purchase. If he or she is cool with it grin u can order more but ensure that the expiry dates are far apart. All the best.
Ok thanks alot... Mwuah mwuah
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 2:03am On Oct 21, 2015
Peebles23:

Firsttymum I'm greeting oooo grin. Na only u I wan check on here. Lolz
darling sugar pie lol... How u dey
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amother4life: 2:54am On Oct 21, 2015
KayLayChi:

Preclearance or POE, the point is that if you are cleared in Abu Dhabi then no one will ask you any question in the US.

When travelers from a preclearance port arrive in the U.S. they do so as domestic travellers but are still subject to reinspection at the discretion of Customs and Border Protection.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 3:13am On Oct 21, 2015
Please where can I find Ultra Mobile Sim? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Tx!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amgizzie: 5:09am On Oct 21, 2015
omogedudu99:

@Amgizzi,
Indeed, it's hard getting Dr and hospital correspondences from Dallas.

It took my host several visits and phone calls to the offices on my behalf before they sent her emails which she forwarded to me. Do you have anyone in Dallas that can do that for
you?

I dont have anyone that can do that for me. Thats why im checking dallas n miami for whichever works. God help me. Ive rly made so much calls n sent emailz. I rly need help.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 21, 2015
firsttymum:
I doubt she trying to make her feel worse.
1. Alot of people go through this thread and she's trying to state what the right thing to do is. For the newbies reading. And honestly Those that conceal pregnancy enter the exact way.
2. Not everyone is aware of the consequences of their actions and it's not about being matured.

We just want the right thing stated always. Irrespective of the corner corner we do.
Favoredgal said her family friend was turned back on her next visit... For this similar thing.

It's not just entrying into the US... Let's not forget the renewal and also the next visit process.

Like someone said these things are in d system. It's annoying when ones integrity is questioned. Especially as innocent as her point of entry was. And they now tag Nigerians as dishonest.

Like elitebook suggested bbsy Abeg send an email just to b on a safe side.

I remember that painful story of that woman that her visa plus her husband and kids were cancelled and they were turned back.

WHY ARE YOU HERE ; CHILDBIRTH AND BLA BLA BLA.

Chai I talk too much... pls forgive my long epistle..
Ok look at the case of that woman, she told the truth and was still turned back even though shes a frequesnt US traveller and she even applied via drop box, I think every ones case is unique in its own way if she thinks thats what works for her fine, shes an adult and will be responsible for her actions. Let the matter be abeg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 6:37am On Oct 21, 2015
MiddyO:
Please where can I find Ultra Mobile Sim? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Tx!

Fiesta

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dyout: 6:40am On Oct 21, 2015
Would there be a consequence, if you fill the address of where u want to stay in Houston?

gaggle:

@neks, I don't think u have a problem. I flew from boston to houston at about 32weeks using southwest airline no one asked any questions. when I landed I filled in the address of the people I was going to stay with in boston. I stayed with them for about a month before heading to houston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 6:42am On Oct 21, 2015
jumman:

Ok look at the case of that woman, she told the truth and was still turned back even though shes a frequesnt US traveller and she even applied via drop box, I think every ones case is unique in its own way if she thinks thats what works for her fine, shes and adult and will be responsible for her actions. Let the matter be abeg.

Thanks guys for all your replies n advice!!!! i appreciate all your info may GOD bless all of us.. Meanwhile firsttymum entertainment ke? Lmaoo! I've bought her iPad and downloaded all the games I can lay my hands on and even sent her help home so we can stay alone stir sometime in naija n start bonding well this period ahead of our missionary journey! Just wanted her to have family environment before we start staying solo!! Anyways If I eventually head to md I will buy my HOUSTON bound tix and pay for accommodation in Houston too!! I've not left n already feeling homesick jeez! I always change my tix for just one month America hols n now to stay this long by ourself is making me homesick already! God dey!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 7:03am On Oct 21, 2015
Nasadiva:

At d point of check out, tell the cashier to run you card as credit or if d question pops
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KayLayChi: 8:57am On Oct 21, 2015
[quote author=Amother4life post=39189273]

When travelers from a preclearance port arrive in the U.S. they do so as domestic travellers but are still subject to reinspection at the discretion of Customs and Border Protection.[/quote

[http://www.etihad.com/en-us/before-you-fly/us-preclearance/]

The United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) facility at Terminal 3 in Abu Dhabi Airport is a purpose-built facility that allows U.S. bound passengers to undertake all immigration, customs and agriculture inspections in Abu Dhabi prior to departure.

Abu Dhabi Airport is one of only a handful of airports outside North America that offer the CBP facility. Having cleared CBP, guests can check-through their baggage to their final destination in the United States. On reaching the U.S., guests will be treated as domestic arrivals, which allows for faster processing at their arrival airport.

Guests flying to all U.S. destinations must use the CBP facility at Abu Dhabi International Airport.

Important notes:
Check-in for all flights to the U.S. will close 2 hours before departure for guests who are commencing their journey in Abu Dhabi.
All guests must present themselves at the U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility no later than 60-minutes before departure, failure to do so may result in refusal of travel.

Abeg if the US CBP clears you in Abu Dhabi will they also waste their time interrogating guests again. The aim of this is to allow fast processing, please let's hear from people that have used Ethihad on whether they were questioned in the US after all guests are passed as though it's a domestic flight.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by 0yin: 9:01am On Oct 21, 2015
queenestty:
Plsssss oooo any atlanta mamas with baby girl. Pls any glue of our one can open baby girl ear in atlanta?.

Pls go and 'open' it in ur country tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 12:21pm On Oct 21, 2015
favoredgal:

Pls lets pass the right information because of newbies that will be reading the thread, its not just enough to pay your bills and get receipts. All interactions are documented in the system. Honesty is encouraged all the way, especially since you are armed with your burden of proof. All responses are documented in the system. We'v had series of good news, so i have been reluctant to share this, but a family friend was turned back from Atlanta on Sat, because when she went to have her first baby she dint declare @ POE. This is someone that went thru dropbox, wasn't pregnant when she got her visa and had all her receipts with her. Some people are lucky but not all

I hope this "White lie" doesn't come to bite her in the future.

Co signed 100%

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2015
oyin3:
@Julzz
Hello house, greetings, and salutations
Someone just asked about pap smear, did you actually do a pap smear while pregnant, and at what week?
Did the pap smear at week 37
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 12:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
bbaby84:

I think she will be just fine. @bbsy Just pay your bills and get your receipts.
Congratulations and good luck.
Please stop encouraging misrepresentations. It's not about paying your bills and getting your receipts lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
neks31:

Hi Guys! Firsttymum, olokings and other gurus in the house.... Pls I want to ask a qts o! I'm headed to Houston but want to stop over for a week 2 cool off @ our family friends place Maryland before heading to HOUSTON. My problem now is that I'm flying to JFK and will catch a one hr 30mins flight to MD n after a week I will be porting to my birthing town, so what address will I use on my landing card and dunno how stressful it will be coz I'm going with a 4yrs old! Will d airline in America fly me @3oweeks Pls cos I'm going at 29weeks cos of ARIK wahalA! I'm so confused n dunno if I shud just go straight to Houston but boredom is also my problem!! Pls Epp me guys! Thanks dears n hope this qts ain't silly!
Use your final bus stop as the address on your landing card. US local flights don't ask for fit to fly. I flew southwest airline from NY to HOU @ 36 weeks and nothing was asked

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.