Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852696 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by uptown17: 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
thanks firsty
firsttymum:
u need ur drivers license o... U most definitely need it. It's cheaper tho. But see it depends on where u r staying... If u stay very far from d Hospital.. It's cheaper to rent. But if u stay close to d Hospital a cab might suffice.
She doesn't need to know.. His statements are enough
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MayMaj(f): 10:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
firsttymum:
my poe was EWR... Heaven knows I can't type my experience again.
To share poe experience is tiring not to talk of typing it twice...
Just try and read up it will help a long way... Inshort you'll b super prepared sef

It's OK, will check little by little, am sure I will get to ur post.. Thanx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MayMaj(f): 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2015
yemmyfinest:
@maymaj i beg which state is that

It's New Jersey
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MayMaj(f): 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2015
bbaby84:

If this is for NJ,expect to pay nothing less than 7k for VD and 9k for CS ( just hospital. Let's know when you find anything cheaper.

It's actually New Jersey ooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twingirls: 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2015
favoredgal:
Na wa o! no ticket below 300k apart from BA...last baby i flew BA, journey was like 20 hours..

Delta, United? no promo...how far na!

I'm wondering too, guess I will give it till month end to decide, Oct shld be a good time for promo, Delta started theirs 21st Oct last year, Nov, Dec and January is off peak so ticket shld be cheaper now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by gaggle: 10:21pm On Oct 19, 2015
@Shawlar, pls I sent you a PM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twingirls: 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2015
In all, I am happy I did not get the visa the first time with my hubby cos I denied being pregnant and who knows I would have found it tough at Poe. To all those hoping, do not lose faith in God, do your best and trust him.

[/quote]

So happy for you, congrats, honesty is the key

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amother4life: 10:53pm On Oct 19, 2015
MayMaj:
@yemmyfinest... It's NJ, hoping to hear from her soon, I also asked her if the doctors fee is inclusive of epidural and pediatrician fee.. She's yet to reply me. Kip u posted

You know there is no way it can be inclusive of any of the above mentioned services at the rate quoted.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amother4life: 11:02pm On Oct 19, 2015
twingirls:

I'm wondering too, guess I will give it till month end to decide, Oct shld be a good time for promo, Delta started theirs 21st Oct last year, Nov, Dec and January is off peak so ticket shld be cheaper now.

Highest: Mid December into the first week of January

High: Early January to mid April & mid June to mid August

Lowest: Mid April to mid June & mid August to mid December

Note ... this will vary a bit depending on who you book through, e.g. high rates might extend until April 30th instead of mid April.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kiboe: 11:52pm On Oct 19, 2015
cinakin:
hello @justwise please can you answer my question or anyone with knowledge of this: i want to apply for a us B2visa for childbirth purpose and the company i work for wants to sponsor me,(although i am related to the CEO)(that means me taking a letter and statement of account of the company,ill also take mine)....has anyone been rejected a visa based on this? is this a good idea? or how should i go about it and prove to the vo?

Hey,get a letter of introduction and sponsorship from the CEO,your relationship and position in the company will determine the wordings of the letter.Also take a bank statement from the company(depending on your position in the company,you can also get a letter of introduction from the bank as well).take your personal bank statement as well as that of your husband.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 2:25am On Oct 20, 2015
gaggle:
@Shawlar, pls I sent you a PM.

The pm ish doesn't wrk 4 me oh....

Mail me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KayLayChi: 5:10am On Oct 20, 2015
favoredgal:

since the day they tried to hit my gtbank (salary acc) mastercard..i quickly opened another account (stanbic), which i use for online/web purchases. i transfer money to it, shop, empty it and move on. Repeat the same cycle when i need to shop online again.

Sorry dear

This Hackers are getting more desperate by the day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KayLayChi: 5:14am On Oct 20, 2015
firsttymum:
Ozycy and MiddyO...
Hmmm there's fake in naija o... My hubby is even saying we need to buy more..

Of course fake go full Naija. Me I bought Aveeno wey go reach my baby for a year then I switch to Boots soap. Buts it's always advisable to test products on baby first before buying in bulk, what happens if your baby reacts to it?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KayLayChi: 5:24am On Oct 20, 2015
firsttymum:

Oyinbo4real lwtmb dubai poe ke? Hahahhahahaah

I laughed to at the thought of the Dubai POE.
But if Abu Dhabi can be a POE why not Dubai, it's just a matter of time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 5:31am On Oct 20, 2015
oyibo4real:
In d spirit of giving back, i need to share my JJC experience so dat som can learn n others can laugh at me. Lol.
I n hv nt allowed me do proper shoppin. Bye 4 nw!
I had to laugh grin. Dubai POE.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 5:54am On Oct 20, 2015
MiddyO:

I compared prices, I got them cheaper in Lagos. So maybe u should wait till you get back home.
Their prices are high. I don't even hav tym to buy, I no wan make my order dey road dey come meet me, me go dey road dey go meet my people. I will just buy in Abj. I saw it in one big shop and I guess dey don't sell fake der.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MayMaj(f): 6:04am On Oct 20, 2015
Amother4life:

You know there is no way it can be inclusive of any of the above mentioned services at the rate quoted.

Well I told her to get the most affordable hospital that their doctors work with at NJ, so when she replies I will kip u posted as well. Are u hoping to be at new Jersey too? Would have gone to El paso Texas but I have booked my ticket already... Didn't knw this forum at the time of my ticket booking
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by julzz(f): 6:26am On Oct 20, 2015
Cuteaidomo:
Good day all,pls elpaso mums dat used doctoresparati,did u do ur tests in Nigeria or wen u got to elpaso? I just learnt dat some of d tests are not available here in Naija. Called doctoresparati and dey said I can have all of dem done for 179 dollars and if I have done some here, the cost will be less..... Pls is this 179 dollars for real, I need to confirm from experienced mums pls to avoid any surprise bills ooooo. Urgent response needed pls. Tnx in advance.

I did go with some tests from whr I registered for antenatal in naija it wasn't much, my dr said I had to redo some and in total it cost $95. I was also told $179 from doctoresparati,but Denise told me wen I went for my first appointment the test might not get to the quoted amount and it didnt.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by phyto: 7:15am On Oct 20, 2015
cinakin:
hello @justwise please can you answer my question or anyone with knowledge of this: i want to apply for a us B2visa for childbirth purpose and the company i work for wants to sponsor me,(although i am related to the CEO)(that means me taking a letter and statement of account of the company,ill also take mine)....has anyone been rejected a visa based on this? is this a good idea? or how should i go about it and prove to the vo?

When I got the visa for my first baby, my company (im not related to anyone there and was just an associate) provided me with a letter introducing me and stating that they were aware I planned to birth in the us and wld bear part of the cost as part of my entitlement. They also attached a printout of my annual package and their bank statement. I also took my personal statement (showing that I personally had enough) which the vo also scrutinised. Incidentally I had a huge inflow a few weeks before the interview which he immediately jumped on, but I was able to show him that it was from my office and represented my annual bonus. I even carried the thank you card that they give us stating how much the bonus is. I think that strengthened my case because that was the end of the questioning. He probably decided that smne working in a company that could pay such bonus and medical bills abroad wld definitely come back.

So just make sure your office packages the documents in a professional manner. It wld help if its a known company as well, not a onr man business. And make sure you have enough in your account as well. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nasadiva: 9:44am On Oct 20, 2015
firsttymum:
I don't get...

At d point of check out, tell the cashier to run you card as credit or if d question pops up click credit, it has more security than debit and no extra charge. But like someone said it does not guarantee 100% but it definitely minimizes the chances.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 10:34am On Oct 20, 2015
hi guys

been a silent follower and reader of this thread for about 3 months; and I must say it really helped me a lot, so decided to come give back in my own little way.

went for my interview today in Lagos (17 weeks pregnant) and here is what transpired:

VO: good morning, passports pls?
Hubby and I hand our passports and confirmation pages
VO scans through the passports, paying particular attention to the visas on my passport (UK and France)
Hubby had no visas on his passport, as he just renewed.
VO: why are y'all goin to the US
Me: Childbirth and Vacation
VO: Where in the US
Me: Houston, Texas
VO: Do you have any correspondence with any hospital
Me: passes him correspondence with Dr. F.
VO: why this doctor?
Me: got recommendations from 2 friends who have used him
VO: where do you work and what do you do there?
Myself and Hubby took turns and responded
VO: Do you have any friends in Houston
Me: Yes, a friend who works at ....
VO: Will u be staying with her?
Me: No, will be staying at Soulcare...passes correspondence with Soulcare
VO: Do you have an idea of the medical costs?
Me: Yes, I actually did a budget (passes budget sheet)
VO: Oh ok, documents some things...and then ur visas have been approved.

I was so relieved. Thanks so much to the contributors of this thread, as I would never have know about doctors correspondence, budget sheet etc. I wouldn't have been as prepaed as I was.

For new followers, just try and go through part 2; all the info you need is there. Also, be confident and pray for favour.
There was a couple who kept stammering and mixing up their answers; even I wouldn't have given them

God help us all

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Peebles23(f): 11:48am On Oct 20, 2015
firsttymum:
Firsttymum I'm greeting oooo grin. Na only u I wan check on here. Lolz
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by gaggle: 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2015
shawlar:

The pm ish doesn't wrk 4 me oh....
Mail me @ silverspy159@gmail.com
I just did,please kindly reply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Cuteaidomo: 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2015
julzz:

I did go with some tests from whr I registered for antenatal in naija it wasn't much, my dr said I had to redo some and in total it cost $95. I was also told $179 from doctoresparati,but Denise told me wen I went for my first appointment the test might not get to the quoted amount and it didnt.

Thanks a lot julzz, pls was the Pap smear included in the 95 dollars?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Herladyship(f): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2015
Wasn't wearing a blue native but a jean. Like leggings and a blue jacket (Delta airline)
iyoyoworl:

I think I know as we were on the same flight. Was it ur self n hubby that sat close to another preggy lady that was wearing a blue native.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by oyin3: 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2015
@Julzz
Hello house, greetings, and salutations
Someone just asked about pap smear, did you actually do a pap smear while pregnant, and at what week?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Herladyship(f): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
Lol my dear the pregnancy has been uneventful that's y,my hubby was even scared but during the flight I felt as normal as a lady dats not preg,its God o
favoredgal:

Congrats
But mehn 37 week for a first time mum, u get liver o!

Safe delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MayMaj(f): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hello again my people,

This forum has been really helpful honestly, got to learn alot when i took my time to read through the part 2 of the session...

i learnt about notiication of intent here which gave me a huge relief... Now i wasnt asked if i was pregnant during my interview somtime in August and i didnt tell them i was pregnant either because at that time there was no plans for us to travel.. so i was given a b1/b2 visa (both me and hubby).. it was our first time applying and our passport was even new (as in VIRGIN PASSPORT) grin grin no history of travel any where.. This visa thing na God ooo cos even 1k was not in our account that time...

My husband was not even asked any question, like 3 questions was directed at me and that was all..

Now the plans to travel happened like three weeks ago and because of what i learnt here, am deciding to write about NOTIFICATION OF CHANGE OF INTENT...

my question now is, am i scanning my visa page and attaching while sending the mail? pls help tell me if there is a document i need to attach.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by daroay(f): 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mamacajah: 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2015
MayMaj:
Hello again my people,

This forum has been really helpful honestly, got to learn alot when i took my time to read through the part 2 of the session...

i learnt about notiication of intent here which gave me a huge relief... Now i wasnt asked if i was pregnant during my interview somtime in August and i didnt tell them i was pregnant either because at that time there was no plans for us to travel.. so i was given a b1/b2 visa (both me and hubby).. it was our first time applying and our passport was even new (as in VIRGIN PASSPORT) grin grin no history of travel any where.. This visa thing na God ooo cos even 1k was not in our account that time...

My husband was not even asked any question, like 3 questions was directed at me and that was all..

Now the plans to travel happened like three weeks ago and because of what i learnt here, am deciding to write about NOTIFICATION OF CHANGE OF INTENT...

my question now is, am i scanning my visa page and attaching while sending the mail? pls help tell me if there is a document i need to attach.

Wow! This is a first! Are you sure you read all the 300.. pages in two nights?..lol.. just kidding.. nice to know that you took to our counsel.
So let me answer your question, no you don't need to scan your documents. Some people believe in adding their passoprt details, I don't I only give my name, say the reason for the letter and send it. chikena...keep up the good work gal! grin cool
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MayMaj(f): 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
mamacajah:

Wow! This is a first! Are you sure you read all the 300.. pages in two nights?..lol.. just kidding.. nice to know that you took to our counsel.
So let me answer your question, no you don't need to scan your documents. Some people believe in adding their passoprt details, I don't I only give my name, say the reason for the letter and send it. chikena...keep up the good work gal! grin cool

Thanks dear, of course not all through the message grin grin grin, i did searching with style.. lol.. checking only information that i needed, it was really helpful.. thanks alot will just go ahead and send the email now... Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Deyonsesi: 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
girlloom:

VO: ( takes my passport aside and handed over a white sheet) visa approved, pick up.....
Me:oh my God! Thank u! thank u! Thank u!
VO: (looking at me with a straight face)

Congrats @girlloom. Wat an inspiring story. Also had my baby in Westland, Michigan in 2013. Cheers!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.