Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (855183 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by raptor2: 4:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
Chizee02:
I guess today is a bad day for many people. Went for mine today in Abuja and wasn't successful , a lot of ppl were denied. I am very much grateful to God for bringing me this far cos I know that denial ain't rejection and my baby is already blessed whether birthed in US or here , I say thank you to everyone here for the wealth of Knowledge I have earned. No knowledge is a waste, tomorrow is another day.

Here is my transcript;

Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning ma'am with a warm smile
Vo: where in the US are u going to
Me: Elpaso Texas
Vo: For what?
Me: To have my baby
Vo: why in the US
Me: cos I want to access the best standard of care in the world for myself and baby
Vo:What do u do?
Me: I am a .........In ........
Vo: How much is involved?
Me: Said and gave her my budget sheet and employment letter as she said the two simultaneously but she said 'no no no am fine'
Kept on maintaining eye contact as she was typing
Vo: How much do u earn?
Me: ........ but my hubby will be sponsoring
Vo:What does ur hubby do?
Me: I said......
Vo: How much does he earn?
Me: Told her he doesn't earn a specific amount as he is a business man but he earns an average of ......monthly. Tried showing her his biz document for where she didn't answer me. Kept on typing
Vo: How much does he have in his account?
Me: Told her over..... again not interested in the statement
Vo: Quickly asked how much I have in mine
Me: Told her, pushing forward our bank statements for confirmation but she didn't collect
Vo: Does ur hubby have US visa
Me: No ma'am
Vo: Am sorry ma'am I can't ........... puts the green paper in my pp and handed over to me and said Goodluck. She wasn't cheerful at all

I left there thinking aloud like what could have been wrong even with all my docs. She didn't even want to see any of burden of proof. I felt bad shape but that's life, in all I give God all the praise.
I wish everyone the best of luck in life's endeavour

Thanks Thanks Thanks!

So sorry about your visa . I had the same experience too today this morning. Was it the the first lady that interviewed because to me she was not cheerful at all. In all we still Thank God
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Sweetuzy01: 4:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hello Mamas and hot mamas to be. Thanks all for this forum. Really informative. I've read and read and im tired. Anybody needs a hook up? Any mama to be going to LA for June/July? Any prospects for accommodation close to the hospital? I intend using St. Francis. My family stays at Alameda county but needs to move to LA and get a place there. Please is the letter of change of intent handwritten and couriered or sent via email? Thanks so much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by iya01: 4:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hallow lovelies, please at what point do you need fit to fly and do they need this too at POE? Daalu
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cutelass: 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
Chizee02:
I guess today is a bad day for many people. Went for mine today in Abuja and wasn't successful , a lot of ppl were denied. I am very much grateful to God for bringing me this far cos I know that denial ain't rejection and my baby is already blessed whether birthed in US or here , I say thank you to everyone here for the wealth of Knowledge I have earned. No knowledge is a waste, tomorrow is another day.

Here is my transcript;

Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning ma'am with a warm smile
Vo: where in the US are u going to
Me: Elpaso Texas

So sorry Chizeez02, been lookin out for ur transcript cos I remembered ur interview was today. Wld hav suggested u reapplied but I think ur due date is near abi?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 5:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
Yes my dear God is the ultimate
raptor2:

So sorry about your visa . I had the same experience too today this morning. Was it the the first lady that interviewed because to me she was not cheerful at all. In all we still Thank God
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 5:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
Thanks a lot dear, that was my own experience o but no regrets.
Wish u the best of luck
cutelass:

So sorry Chizeez02, been lookin out for ur transcript cos I remembered ur interview was today. Wld hav suggested u reapplied but I think ur due date is near abi?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by lollarojo: 5:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
Im so sorry there i have changed my mind now going back to elpaso where im familiar with aspa chidbirth
fomskhalifa:

Please have you been able to sort out accommodation cos I'm a march mom too using Oakbend but that Spring Of Joy urban living is too expensive for me. Do you know of any?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MetroTee: 5:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hello everyone! So in the spirit of giving back, I created an account on NL.

I had my visa interview back in August last year and although I was already about 3 months pregnant, I genuinely got the visa for vacation purposes as we hadn't decided on where to have LO. However, thats when my own morning sickness decided to start and we ended up not travelling again. A friend introduced me to this thread shortly after as I asked her what the procedure was for birthing in the US. God help us to be dedicated to His word o because if you see how I was reading this thread day and night ehn, like my Bible. When I wake up to pee at night and can't go back to bed, its back to the thread. I read all the threads from Part 1 to 3 and just want to say that anyone who genuinely reads through will have no need to ask questions. Everything has been trashed on here! Thank you so much to all who have kept this thread alive.

Anyways, I sent in my change of intent letter and got the generic response back in October once we had decided and settled for a hospital in Dallas. I arrived DFW POE on Tuesday and below is a transcript of my encounter. In all sincerity, I made no effort to conceal my big belly and just decided to be honest after everything I've learnt here. When it got to my turn, I submitted my passport and the completed landing card, was asked to put my four right fingers on the scanner then my picture taken.

CBP: Why are you here?
CBP: How far along are you?
Me: 34 weeks
CBP: Where is your husband?
Me: He couldn't make it this early because of work but will join me before the delivery.
CBP: Do you know its risky travelling alone when you are this far gone? Any arrangements for help before and after baby is born?
Me: My husband will join me in two weeks (I attempt to bring out his ticket booking)
CBP: Please go to that room on the left, we'd have to verify your passport. Wait till your name is called.
Me: shocked

So I enter this room and see many other people waiting and then I start to pray for favour that I won't have to even wait for so long. After about one and a half hours, i get called in.

CBP: So lets start over, tell me your story.
Me: Regarding?
CBP: Why you are here
CBP: Why did you deny being pregnant at your visa interview
Me: I wasn't asked at all so didn't mention it. Besides we hadn't made up our mind to have our baby here at the time. However, once we made up our minds to do so, I sent a letter to the embassy notifying them of my plans (At this point, I bring out my email to the embassy and their response)
CBP: Are you in touch with any doctor yet?
Me: Yes
CBP: What hospital?
Me: Doctors hospital
CBP: Do you have an appointment yet?
Me: Yes
CBP: How much will it cost you and how much do you have?
Me: (I bring out doctors correspondence with break down while I answer), $9,000
CBP: Do you know you can travel with more?
Me: Yes, but my husband is coming soon so he will bring anything else we'd need
CBP: I see you have family in Maryland, why didn't you go there?
Me: My husbands family is here in Dallas, that's why.
CBP: Please go back and wait outside while I look into this

After another 30 minutes, I get called again that my passport has been stamped (6 months) and I am free to go. Keep all your receipts bla bla bla

It may sound cliche but I really want to thank everyone who has researched, contributed and shared experiences on this thread. It gave me all the confidence I needed to travel alone and handle the questions. With prayers, preparedness and confidence, we can conquer all these POEs o smiley

Thank God for everything! x

33 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 5:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
Yea my EDD is 20th Feb, can't reapply
cutelass:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ucystan(f): 7:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
Sweetuzy01:
Hello Mamas and hot mamas to be. Thanks all for this forum. Really informative. I've read and read and im tired. Anybody needs a hook up? Any mama to be going to LA for June/July? Any prospects for accommodation close to the hospital? I intend using St. Francis. My family stays at Alameda county but needs to move to LA and get a place there. Please is the letter of change of intent handwritten and couriered or sent via email? Thanks so much.

Hi I will b traveling towards d end of May, my EDD is in July. Intend using st Francis too but haven't got an accommodation yet. Lol. Maybe we should hook up let's plan, and yea u should send d letter of change of intent through email.. check ur PM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
fomskhalifa:
quick question I'm using Dr Ezekiel and Oakbend but I don't want that spring of joy urban housing anywhere else that's cheaper Abeg, help a sister please. God bless

We got introduced to someone here. You can send a pm

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 7:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
This is a very risky venture. What if you don't find someone wiling? Can your husband and someone else come over instead and assist you? How about finding someone travelling same day before you get to the airport?

Stylishmum:

Someone advised i get to the airport very early on my date of departure(Jan 29th) and sort for someone travelling to Lagos and ask to attach my baby's ticket with the person.

Any ideas? Please help people. I am running out of time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 7:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
Apply for the B1/B2 Visa, It's the same price as the B2 which is strictly for Medical tourism so it is better and you can use your B1/B2 later after your childbirth.

How did your uncle become a citizen? How did he enter the US? My advise is that you avoid saying you were invited, just have your correspondence with doctor, Bill. Infact your whole burden of proof.

PacoChi:
Hello all, I'm new here and have gained alot reading through the thread but still need your opinions. I'm an expecting mom and will like to travel to the US for vacation and child birth, I have a Virgin passport. My husband will sponsor the trip and will pay all bills. I have an uncle who I intend staying with, he is a US citizen and wants to send me an invitation acknowledging I will be staying with him in Houston . Please what visa category should I apply with and is it OK to say I have an invitation?? I would really appreciate your help so as to know the right thing to do. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 7:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
It could be body language, did you appear uneasy at all? Can you reapply?

raptor2:
Hello Dear family ... I have been a silent reader on thread and I must confess you all are doing a great Job. Shout out to Nerf and Nogen for replying my PM.
MY interview was today and its was not successfully honestly before It got to my turn this particular woman was just rejecting everybody.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
Maybe reapply with your husband. Let's also drill down on the earnings and bank balance: could be that too but we won't know since you didn't say

Chizee02:

Here is my transcript;

Vo: Am sorry ma'am I can't ........... puts the green paper in my pp and handed over to me and said Goodluck. She wasn't cheerful at all

I left there thinking aloud like what could have been wrong even with all my docs. She didn't even want to see any of burden of proof. I felt bad shape but that's life, in all I give God all the praise.
I wish everyone the best of luck in life's endeavour

Thanks Thanks Thanks!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
MetroTee:

I read all the threads from Part 1 to 3 and just want to say that anyone who genuinely reads through will have no need to ask questions. Everything has been trashed on here! Thank you so much to all who have kept this thread alive.

Thank God for everything! x

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by raptor2: 8:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
LI:
It could be body language, did you appear uneasy at all? Can you reapply?

No dear I was not. Yes I want to reapply but the honset truth is that am a bit confused. The questions in my head is should I 're apply alone? Should I apply with my hubby and son? Or just wit my son alone.
Please help out
@lady @phema@nerf @tevgas Make una help abeg
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Jiji11: 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
ucystan:

Hi I will b traveling towards d end of May, my EDD is in July. Intend using st Francis too but haven't got an accommodation yet. Lol. Maybe we should hook up let's plan, and yea u should send d letter of change of intent through email.. check ur PM

Abeg, L.A bound moms pls I'm interested in this accommodation thing too oh! I'm traveling mid May or there about. I never buy ticket yet

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cutelass: 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
Jiji11:

Abeg, L.A bound moms pls I'm interested in this accommodation thing too oh! I'm traveling mid May or there about. I never buy ticket yet

May....time still dey. Im travelling April and I still have time sef...the truth is I've been researching this LA accommodation for more dan 4 mnths. All d decent ones are quite on the high side. I don't know how person go do sef.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 9:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
The thing is, I can't fault your transcript at all, you did okay, so maybe the VO was just not in the mood and that was why I referred to your body language. I'd say reapply with your husband and use your son as ties to home country.

Also try and see if there's any part of the interview that we may have missed.

raptor2:

No dear I was not. Yes I want to reapply but the honset truth is that am a bit confused. The questions in my head is should I 're apply alone? Should I apply with my hubby and son? Or just wit my son alone.
Please help out
@lady @phema@nerf @tevgas Make una help abeg
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
MetroTee:

When I wake up to pee at night and can't go back to bed, its back to the thread. I read all the threads from Part 1 to 3 and just want to say that anyone who genuinely reads through will have no need to ask questions. Everything has been trashed on here!
I see this phrase is a sort of mantra here, lol. I actually noticed after my first post here and I want to address it.

I see it as a deadbeat excuse being thrown around here for reasons best known to some of yous here,IMO. I had to go back to read a few pages of the NIV thread and I don't see the VO using that same dead line on folks asking questions that might appear silly, ignorant or outrightly over flogged but trust Nigerians to use it cos they've been privileged to get hold of some information they think is gold.

Is it not absolutely ridiculous to expect anyone to read through over 300 pages just to get information. What exactly was the purpose of this thread? For throwing banters, avenue for Mgbekes to feel funky or what? Lol

So I checked on the first page, there's no list of basic " requirements and directions" as to actually guide a first time mom or poster here yet y'all keep singing " it's already discussed bla bla".

Thanks to the kind lady that sent me the PM. Much appreciated. I will try and get the basic steps together and forward to Justwise to add to his opening post on first stage. That will save a lot of sane folks from the Yeye wey dey smell here.

Oshisco.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 10:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
@the person that posted the comprehensive list of hospitals on the first page of this thread, thank you and God bless you . It was very helpful smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by PacoChi(f): 10:12pm On Jan 14, 2016
Thanks LI.... Really appreciate. About my uncle.... Through a visa lottery back in the 90's, he's lived 20yrs+ there and works with US Customs and Border Protection. I'm actually supposed to be staying with him, that's why I asked. Thanks alot
LI:
Apply for the B1/B2 Visa, It's the same price as the B2 which is strictly for Medical tourism so it is better and you can use your B1/B2 later after your childbirth.

How did your uncle become a citizen? How did he enter the US? My advise is that you avoid saying you were invited, just have your correspondence with doctor, Bill. Infact your whole burden of proof.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mimiamal: 10:20pm On Jan 14, 2016
Pls which bank is still selling pta and bta and pls can I use my Gtb master card in the uk?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MetroTee: 10:38pm On Jan 14, 2016
ifyalways:

I see this phrase is a sort of mantra here, lol. I actually noticed after my first post here and I want to address it.

I see it as a deadbeat excuse being thrown around here for reasons best known to some of yous here,IMO.

Is it not absolutely ridiculous to expect anyone to read through over 300 pages just to get information. What exactly was the purpose of this thread? For throwing banters, avenue for Mgbekes to feel funky or what? Lol

Oshisco.

@ifyalways... Since you are too lazy to read through the entire thread, Shebi you will humble yourself small so that people will answer you, lol. Just kidding. It's understandable that not everyone will be able to read through everything but there are others who simply enjoy reading and you are in no position to make such generalisations about what is ridiculous or not.

That being said, it depends on what you're looking for- specific information (which you can search for in the search box) or a learning experience which you will gain from reading different scenarios and various CBP and VO encounters. Nonetheless, you'd do what's best for you and tell yourself whatever helps you sleep at night. Just don't become guilty of what you accuse others of by starting to throw banters

Meanwhile God bless you and your hubby for your goodwill o

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
MetroTee:

@ifyalways... Since you are too lazy to read through the entire thread, Shebi you will humble yourself small so that people will answer you, lol. Just kidding. It's understandable that not everyone will be able to read through everything but there are others who simply enjoy reading and you are in no position to make such generalisations about what is ridiculous or not.

That being said, it depends on what you're looking for- specific information (which you can search for in the search box) or a learning experience which you will gain from reading different scenarios and various CBP and VO encounters. Nonetheless, you'd do what's best for you and tell yourself whatever helps you sleep at night. Just don't become guilty of what you accuse others of by starting to throw banters

Meanwhile God bless you and your hubby for your goodwill o

MadamTee, it's ridiculous cos besides who I quoted I also noticed that phrase is like an anthem here. Lol

No, I'm not lazy. I actually read pages and pages of this thread which most were frankly filled with kumbaya and banters.

Back to the koko, trust me, this thread would have been much helpful if the first page is tagged with a simple guide like :

Get a hospital/doctor of your choice.
Fill your ds 160 form.
Pay your visa fee.
Get ready for interview. Have all your docs ready eg correspondence with doctor, payment reciept, accomodation yada yada
Go for interview. . .

Now, with that in place,everyone would understand when one is referred to reading through the thread for specific queries like personal recommendation, hospital experiences etc.

Just saying o.

As per humble yourself part of your post. Hahahaha. Internet sha. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ccurrie: 10:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
shocked

ifyalways:

MadamTee, it's ridiculous cos besides who I quoted I also noticed that phrase is like an anthem here. Lol

No, I'm not lazy. I actually read pages and pages of this thread which most were frankly filled with kumbaya and banters.

Back to the koko, trust me, this thread would have been much helpful if the first page is tagged with a simple guide like :

Fill your ds 160 form.
Pay your visa fee.
Get ready for interview. Have all your docs ready eg correspondence with doctor, payment reciept, accomodation yada yada
Go for interview. . .

Now, with that in place,everyone would understand when one is referred to reading through the thread for specific queries like personal recommendation, hospital experiences etc.

Just saying o.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ccurrie: 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hello everyone. People satisfied with the compression socks from Jumia? ...didn't know if to get M/L or L/XL as I'm a regular 41 and products do suffer from poor/ come in different sizing. Anyway ordered already...hope
I like it. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MetroTee: 11:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
ifyalways:

Fill your ds 160 form.
Pay your visa fee.
Get ready for interview. Have all your docs ready eg correspondence with doctor,

Just saying o.

Lmao! That's the mantra here na. You have to behave in Rome like the Romans do. Lol. But You're absolutely right about all the steps being placed on the first page. the link to hospitals and costs wasn't there before till someone else suggested it so this is another good suggestion for basic steps to be placed on there too. The only ish is that no one is on NL payroll so when it does get done by justwise, it is out of his commitment and dedication to the cause smiley

Anyone (including you) can create the steps and then tag justwise to place on the front page. Others can contribute and edit and fine tune it till it's perfect. You're a sensible lady sha cool

Just saying o

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
ifyalways:

Fill your ds 160 form.
Pay your visa fee.
Go for interview.
. .

Just saying o.

But who doesn't know the first step to giving birth in d US is to fill ds 160 and bla bla bla.

At the bolded
We all know those are d steps.... Who doesn't?
The thing we don't know how to go about it.
Alot are confused about the d form in d first place.
Some are confused about correspondence and etc.

So telling someone to read through at least the first part is to b prepared so u don't have to come over and over to ask questions u might or not get answers to. Remember people who answer questions here do it from free will. Not like it's compulsory to answer any question asked.
It's not too much to get prepared for this journey

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:10am On Jan 15, 2016
ifyalways:

I see it as a deadbeat excuse being thrown around here for reasons best known to some of yous here,IMO. I had to go back to read a few pages of the NIN visa thread and I don't see the VO using that same dead line on folks asking questions that might appear silly, ignorant or outrightly over flogged but trust Nigerians to use it cos they've been privileged to get hold of some information they think is gold.

The visa thread isn't this thread
It's completely different here.
For example u come and ask for price quotes in new York
Imo it's faster to get different quotes by simply searching for it. U even get more info on poe and everything as regards new York.

Con: U come and ask what's d poe like (who will come and re type her experience, besides one person's experience isn't enough)
Remember poe is different for everyone one
Pros: reading will open ur eyes to different experiences and know how prepared u must be or if u'll simply avoid that poe

This depends on what information?
The visa thread the VO is dealing with visa issues he has loads of knowledge regards that. He or she isn't pregnant or nursing

Here it's different brains together. Different cities with different experiences etc.
So when u say u want certain information
Remember no one is on ur payroll. It's not compulsory you'll be answered.
So why not just grab ur info urself.

Then again what if we get our info and disappear, and everyone keeps doin that and the thread dies won't u be forced to help urself? I'm still here cos I know I will embark on this journey again.
Now tvegas has dropped his info and is busy with other things. Do u expect him to come and re type his experience over and over again because different people keep coming to ask him same questions.

THE BOLDED IS UNNECESSARY

So I checked on the first page, there's no list of basic " requirements and directions" as to actually guide a first time mom or poster here yet y'all keep singing " it's already discussed bla bla".

Thanks to the kind lady that sent me the PM. Much appreciated. I will try and get the basic steps together and forward to Justwise to add to his opening post on first stage. That will save a lot of sane folks from the Yeye wey dey smell here.

Oshisco.

I hope u don't get all ur information and zoom off.
I hope u actually stay back and answer other people that needs help.
I hope u r online constantly to retype an info u already shared.

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.