Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (855090 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 12:18pm On Jan 15, 2016
Thanks ndi Nkem and amen!
Cc: sleekmum
FTM
Veleta
Boldbabe
MrsBw

@Nogen and amotherforlife please share the Detailed process for Etc as I see say na werrin una use.
So we can cease and desist from all Those pointless arguments
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by PacoChi(f): 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2016
Thanks Toludo [quote author=Toludo post=41992752][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 12:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
fomskhalifa:
please where will you be staying... Please does anyone know of cheap accommodation for Oakbend users? Biko
Most Oakbenders stayed in soulcare.
You don ask this kwesion here Taya tongue

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by fomskhalifa: 12:51pm On Jan 15, 2016
LI:

We got introduced to someone here. You can send a pm

I don't know how to send a pm Biko, I sha did something
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jayjay4lyf: 12:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
DETAILED INFO ON EMERGENCY TRAVEL DOCUMENT (ETC)
Emergency Travel Certificate is $270 Add $20 for post office or $30 for Fedex. She needs 2 passport photos of baby, Copy of parent's Nig. passports (data page), Birth certificate (copy), Itinerary and Letter of consent for ETC, which should be addressed to
The Consular Officer, Embassy of Nigeria,
Washington DC 20008
Sample Letter :
Dear Sir,
We the parents of ...wish to apply for Emergency Travel Certificate for him/her to enable us take him to Nigeria. Due to logistics reasons we are unable to process a Nig passport at this time. Thank you for your assistance.
Yours truly, (sign and also write your full name. Spouse to sign too).
Either Mail package and money order to her:
Or scan the picture and the documents and email them to her and pay the fee into her Bank of America account.
It's easier and faster to send as email
You can just use your phone to snap all the documents and d baby's passport foto and use your phone to send as an email
An advantage of this is etc can be processing while d passport hasn't even come.
So if peradventure u have only one copy of BC snap it before sending it for passport processing

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by fomskhalifa: 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
ozycy:

Most Oakbenders stayed in soulcare.
You don ask this kwesion here Taya tongue
Lol... Thanks a lot as I no know na. Thanks tho

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
Thank U Mrs BW., Nogen, Neff and LI. I edited all the info together .
I need clarification pls. The consent letter is signed. By both or either parents?
@JW pls update Page 1.

One may decide to go for another option for baby's return travel. You can use the ETC i.e emergency travel certificate. It's a second option for bringing baby back to Naija if you don't want to apply for Naija visa.
You can do it by self or through an agent.

ETC is $270 plus $20 for regular mail or $30 for priority. For the option of using an agent. You send all the requested documents via email to the agent. But despite your decision is to mail the documents , you still need 2 passport photos.
You may receive the ETC the same day or next day.

Requirements are:
Passport biodata page of both parents
Child's passport picture
Travel itinerary/Ticket
Consent letter
Birth certificate

If the embassy is close to you, you can go there and do it by yourself with the above listed documents.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Thank U Mrs BW., Nogen, Neff and LI. I edited all the info together .
I need clarification pls. The consent letter is signed. By both or either parents?
@JW pls update Page 1.

One may decide to go for another option for baby's return travel. You can use the ETC i.e emergency travel certificate. It's a second option for bringing baby back to Naija if you don't want to apply for Naija visa.
You can do it by self or through an agent.

ETC is $270 plus $20 for regular mail or $30 for priority. For the option of using an agent. You send all the requested documents via email to the agent. But despite your decision is to mail the documents , you still need 2 passport photos, a copy of baby's BC, copies of parents data page, letter of consent from parents, travel itinerary and Money Order for the stated amounts
You may receive the ETC the same day or next .
The consent letter is signed by both parents.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tvegas(m): 1:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
[quote author=bj2012golf post=41996613][/quote]

Am good bro, you caught me grin. Happy New year everyone. Trying to catch up with the thread missed 20 pages already.

I also envisaged the change of intent decision it's been really abused. Pretty soon the US Embassy will stop sending the letter and probably invite every applicant for a brief chat.

Am also glad Dr F is beginning to request for more details. Every doctor should be encouraged to send letters , let there be many options. Cheers

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
@All

I'm quite happy to update the first page with any relevant info provided but i will not add any info from an agent/agency..e.g contact details of former Nigerian Ambassador etc. I will prefer Nigerian embassy details and not an individual.

Thank you.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 1:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
justwise:
@All

I'm quite happy to update the first page with any relevant info provided but i will not add any info from an agent/agency..e.g contact details of former Nigerian Ambassador etc. I will prefer Nigerian embassy details and not an individual.

Thank you.

No wahala! Abeg add the other details plus jayjay's sample so we can have a refernce page

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
Amy20:

It's really sad to know that people actually liked this comment. Anyway this is a faceless forum so anything goes. But we should also know that before we became gurus we also sought for help one way or the other. You didn't wake up a genius or did you? SMH
madam nope I am not a genius and I didn't pester anyone. All I did was read. I didn't come out claiming to have read either.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

No wahala! Abeg add the other details plus jayjay's sample so we can have a refernce page

Sorted.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by NKGauteng: 2:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
Lady Gywn ure a true star! And yes with a beautiful soul.. even when u disagree or are at your wits end, u respond with kindness and humour. Keep it up sista! Ùr patience in this and the other visa thread is well acknowledged and appreciated. Anywhere u go, helpers will fall over themselves for you. Ndoooo :*

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Stylishmum: 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
bbaby84:

I'm not sure you can travel with 2 children under the age of 6. You need to attach one of your babies to another adult or pay for one unaccompanied.
You may have problems when checking in as the system will keep rejecting one of the babies(from experience )
Can Hubby come and get you guys? Trust me you'll need the extra hand.

Hubby coming to get us is not part of my option, as his work wouldn't allow him, meanwhile his visa has expired. I forgot to state that Mum would be travelling with me from Houston to Paris leg, but she would be going to Manchester and not Lagos, and the ticket she has is non-reroutable.Another expensive option is to get her a ticket to Lagos and one way to Manchester.

As per luggage I dnt need to attach baby's luggage to a potential traveller on Jan 29. Hubby had gone with most of my luggages....I only have 2bags travelling with me (my two kids things inclusive).

All the options I am getting are rather expensive.
Is there anyone traveling on this date in the house or you know someone?

Pls!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:50pm On Jan 15, 2016
NKGauteng:
Lady Gywn ure a true star! And yes with a beautiful soul.. even when u disagree or are at your wits end, u respond with kindness and humour. Keep it up sista! Ùr patience in this and the other visa thread is well acknowledged and appreciated. Anywhere u go, helpers will fall over themselves for you. Ndoooo :*
Did you bug my house?! How did you know my prayer point? cheesy . Lol
Amen! Amen!! Amen!!!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 3:14pm On Jan 15, 2016
Nogen:

The consent letter is signed by both parents.

I didn't sign any consent letter o.

I only sent an consent email to that effect and it was honored
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Stylishmum: 3:17pm On Jan 15, 2016
LI:
This is a very risky venture. What if you don't find someone wiling? Can your husband and someone else come over instead and assist you? How about finding someone travelling same day before you get to the airport?

My first avenue for finding someone before d day is here o dear. My second avenue is by word of mouth, which I have been making jjudicious use of.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Stylishmum: 3:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
Nogen:
Sleekmum, please and please, do not attempt going to the airport without finalizing on your babies' seats with the airline. Getting someone at the airport is a uphill task. It is an almost impossible venture. I was in your shoes last August and it wasn't funny at all.

Nogen:
Sleekmum, please and please, do not attempt going to the airport without finalizing on your babies' seats with the airline. Getting someone at the airport is a uphill task. It is an almost impossible venture. I was in your shoes last August and it wasn't funny at all.

Thanks dear. I am on it. Asking around and pray God finds me worthy of the favour. What did you eventually do last year August? How are the threes?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
@LadyGuinivere and Justwise, good job. Really. That's so thoughtful and helpful.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by fomskhalifa: 3:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
Please I got houston ticket already and have decided to head to El Paso, to add El Paso to the ticket now is like 200k, please what I want to know is has anyone just boarded a flight to El Paso from Houston and what's the cost, don't want to do penny wise pounds foolish. Please I need you advice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 4:01pm On Jan 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere pls I don't understand this part

If your child's travel document is his international passport, you require a dual way ticket.

Do you mean if the child is coming back with US passport and ETC, we need to get a dual way ticket?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:17pm On Jan 15, 2016
mrsbw:
LadyGuinivere pls I don't understand this part

If your child's travel document is his international passport, you require a dual way ticket.

Do you mean if the child is coming back with US passport and ETC, we need to get a dual way ticket?
Thanks for the correction. I meant if he's travelling with US passport and visa..God bless. @Jw pls pls edit
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kaakaa(f): 4:20pm On Jan 15, 2016
iya01:
Hallow lovelies, please at what point do you need fit to fly and do they need this too at POE? Daalu

You need fit to fly at the airport to be able to board your flight.... and no its not needed at the poe
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kaakaa(f): 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Compiling all that was a good one dear.... May God bless you with your hearts desire...

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by prolify: 4:47pm On Jan 15, 2016
Lady G!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss,you are such a darling

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shelly23: 5:03pm On Jan 15, 2016
How about a one way from Paris instead for her? It'll be pricey but definitely more convenient than saddling a stranger with the burden of carrying your child all the way to Lagos.

Stylishmum:

Hubby coming to get us is not part of my option, as his work wouldn't allow him, meanwhile his visa has expired. I forgot to state that Mum would be travelling with me from Houston to Paris leg, but she would be going to Manchester and not Lagos, and the ticket she has is non-reroutable.Another expensive option is to get her a ticket to Lagos and one way to Manchester.

As per luggage I dnt need to attach baby's luggage to a potential traveller on Jan 29. Hubby had gone with most of my luggages....I only have 2bags travelling with me (my two kids things inclusive).

All the options I am getting are rather expensive.
Is there anyone traveling on this date in the house or you know someone?

Pls!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hello mamas please between air France and delta airline which is better in terms of baggage allowance and bringing baby back. Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Sweetuzy01: 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2016
Lady G,thanks for the info. So detailed and clear. God bless you meanwhile, can you kindly share a format for the change of intent letter? Anyone knows of an affordable accommodation in LA or anyone has one and willing to share cost? I'm Lagos bound June LA mum! Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58