Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,443 members, 7,830,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (855195 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:14am On Jan 15, 2016
Ok so all these shade throwers

U guys come online drop some statements be forming opinionated and then u disappear
Main while u got ur information here and u don't even give back or even help some of us who need ur help or ask questions. U simply disappear.

And then u come online the once in awhile u wanna... And then u drop shades and disappear.

Shior Mscheew

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:23am On Jan 15, 2016
So my pm has issues.

When I see a notification that u sent I pm... I actually have to send you a pm... Before we can communicate.

So when u see I sent a pm that's me trying to respond to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:28am On Jan 15, 2016
PacoChi:
Please help, @ All, @nefertitiram, @firsttymum, @phema.....please kind advice, thanks.

Sorry this is late hon
Erm the invitation isn't necessary but there's no harm in having it with you.
The visa category is b1b2
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:30am On Jan 15, 2016
NanujayB:
Riggghhhtt!!! (covering my face) Had no idea i could search "words". Thought it was only topics. Gosh!! Ive just been dulling trying to read everything.. lol.. Thanks alot.. Iv found helpful posts already grin .. thanks

a
u see... Lol... You are welcome grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:34am On Jan 15, 2016
nefertitiram:

remember four fingers...
kontinu stalking!
after reading this it was as if u poured cold water on me.. Immediate chills... Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shelly23: 4:48am On Jan 15, 2016
This feeling of entitlement again!

This rant was highly unnecessary, but whatever makes you sleep well at night.

Hope you feel better now that you've gottEn the anger/irritation/lamentation out of your system.

ifyalways:

I see this phrase is a sort of mantra here, lol. I actually noticed after my first post here and I want to address it.

I see it as a deadbeat excuse being thrown around here for reasons best known to some of yous here,IMO. I had to go back to read a few pages of the NIN visa thread and I don't see the VO using that same dead line on folks asking questions that might appear silly, ignorant or outrightly over flogged but trust Nigerians to use it cos they've been privileged to get hold of some information they think is gold.

Is it not absolutely ridiculous to expect anyone to read through over 300 pages just to get information. What exactly was the purpose of this thread? For throwing banters, avenue for Mgbekes to feel funky or what? Lol

So I checked on the first page, there's no list of basic " requirements and directions" as to actually guide a first time mom or poster here yet y'all keep singing " it's already discussed bla bla".

Thanks to the kind lady that sent me the PM. Much appreciated. I will try and get the basic steps together and forward to Justwise to add to his opening post on first stage. That will save a lot of sane folks from the Yeye wey dey smell here.

Oshisco.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amy20: 5:56am On Jan 15, 2016
ebonychic18:
madam please all this time your are using to beg annoyingly is more than enough to use the search button. Please do the needful or Bury your American dream it's not by force.

It's really sad to know that people actually liked this comment. Anyway this is a faceless forum so anything goes. But we should also know that before we became gurus we also sought for help one way or the other. You didn't wake up a genius or did you? SMH

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 6:38am On Jan 15, 2016
MetroTee:

Lmao! That's the mantra here na. You have to behave in Rome like the Romans do. Lol. But You're absolutely right about all the steps being placed on the first page. the link to hospitals and costs wasn't there before till someone else suggested it so this is another good suggestion for basic steps to be placed on there too. The only ish is that no one is on NL payroll so when it does get done by justwise, it is out of his commitment and dedication to the cause smiley

Anyone (including you) can create the steps and then tag justwise to place on the front page. Others can contribute and edit and fine tune it till it's perfect. You're a sensible lady sha cool

Just saying o
Thank you jare. Your inputs are well noted.

Have a beautiful day ahead. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 6:53am On Jan 15, 2016
Went there with 3 of my hubby's bank statements but the highest was over 3m which I quoted and mine mine over 500k . My total budget was almost 2.6m and I didn't appear terrified. We thinking of applying together next time sha but after getting UK visas. Thanks a lot

LI:
Maybe reapply with your husband. Let's also drill down on the earnings and bank balance: could be that too but we won't know since you didn't say

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:22am On Jan 15, 2016
firsttymum:
So my pm has issues.

When I see a notification that u sent I pm... I actually have to send you a pm... Before we can communicate.

So when u see I sent a pm that's me trying to respond to you.

Simply follow the person first then send or read pm from that individual
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 15, 2016
[quote author=firsttymum post=419
[/quote]

Ok!!! Wen I saw all d banta, mantra, kumbaya, [b][/b]Mbeke shocked cheesy cheesy big big grammar et al wat i thought of was my own firsttymum and her jollof response cheesy cheesy cheesy.....She has spoken cheesy cheesy

I hvnt had an experience to share yet, before someone throws a grenade at me shocked shocked but @ ifyalways I wish u got here before I read all 3threads in 4 days grin..( remembering the headache though it was fun and highly educating) wink cry cry no doubt ur idea would have been golden for someone like me that has time on my hands to read on, unfortunately for those who just suck and go and those with tight work schedule or very stressful pregnancies it'll definitely pose problems for d thread in future cause they'll take dat introductory info run along and come back wen dey are stuck with d issh of flooding d thread with overflogged q's..

I humbly believe if anyone has a suggestion that is beneficial he/ she should simply drop it like it's hot to enable @ justwise do quick justice. grin You'll be suprised how fast this forum is open to good suggestions..that way the page dsnt get wasted with peeps trying to answer your tantrums with raging hormones.. dariz don't comman scarra d place with plenty grammar and use style nd call people trying to make things work here names before u give your good advice..itis not nice Like dat cheesy cheesy grin # justsaying#

Sorry this long gist wasn't a Poe experience or visa interview related tongue

@ifyalways thanks again
# okbye#

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mandydaisy: 7:33am On Jan 15, 2016
#

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by PacoChi(f): 7:48am On Jan 15, 2016
Thank you so much..... God bless you
firsttymum:

Sorry this is late hon
Erm the invitation isn't necessary but there's no harm in having it with you.
The visa category is b1b2
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Moyinoluwa83: 8:10am On Jan 15, 2016
@twingirls. May God continue to strenghten you and give you ur twingirls very soon. It will be double joy for your trouble(s). Stay strong. BIG Hug.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Toludo(m): 9:32am On Jan 15, 2016
[quote author=PacoChi post=41982231]Thanks LI.... Really appreciate. About my uncle.... Through a visa lottery back in the 90's, he's lived 20yrs+ there and works with US Customs and Border Protection. I'm actually supposed to be staying with him, that's why I asked. Thanks alot [/quote

Am not sure the letter of invitation counts against you, we submitted a letter of invitation from a Family Friend when we had our Interview last month and the Visa was approved, am sure that might even be a positive as that means reduced cost on your budget sheet.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:39am On Jan 15, 2016
Some people are silent readers.
Some people will never contribute.
Some people will log only to complain that people do not help.
Yet those people refuse to sit down onlie and answer the questions being repeated.
Remove the iroko in your eye ist mbok.

Since I have earlier on asked for suggestions, I decided to come up with a sorta breakdowwn of the whole journey. Pls add /edit and who has the steps for getting us passport pls add.@jww pls put on the ist page so we can refer some questions there

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:47am On Jan 15, 2016
Tips For Birthing in the USA
1. If you already have a B visa, you are advised to write a Notification/Change of Intent email to the embassy
Use these addresses
LagosNIV@state.gov and /or
Consularabuja@state.gov

This correspondence and the reply is carried by the traveller to the point of entry (POE)
*For the format of the said letter, kindly use the search button on top or below this page and key in the key words. You will have to search until you see the info which has been posted by several users.

2. If you do not have a visa, apply for a B1/B2 Medical visa. Go with evidence to show that you have a hospital,doctor and funds to cover accomodation, medical treatment and any other incidences. (This is popularly referred to as' Burden of proof' on this thread). You may go with the complete cash for your stay. This is preferable but not a must too prove you are capable of paying your bills and provide a smoother poe experience.
For more details , use the search button and follow the already highlighted step for search.
* Both successful and unsuccesful visa applicants have posted their transcripts. It will be of great benefit to you to go through the thread and learn. Nobody will repost for you again.

3. The decision on a choice of hospital is dependent on several factors. Cost of treaatment I.e hospital, doctor's fees, epidural, NICU etc with cost of accommodation and Flight to your final destination . Sometimes it is cheaper to use a county where you do not have family because accommodation and hospital bills are cheaper. Sometimes it is convenient so stay with family. The choice is entirely yours.
Use the search button to search for locations visited and used by previous mothers. This is a Do it yourself thread and it is only courteous to search out info already freely posted for future users and not ask people to repost again.
Some of the very popular destinations include Houston, El paso, Dallas and NewYork. However many other locations have been used so don't claim to 'read all pages' and ask for help that you can easily search out by youself.

4. At the POE, you are expected to go with your burden of proof and be well prepared to answer questions to avoid deportation. Note : It is not a crime to birth in the US. It is a crime however if you conceal this fact from your visa officer (VO) or Customs and Border Protection (CBP). This act is considered misrepresentation and can result in deportation and cancellation of visa and sometimes a ban.

5. After birthing. Kindly pay ALL your bills and ALL your baby/ies' bills. Do not accept medicaid. Although your Child acquires automatic citizenship, it is presumed you were not allowed on the shores of America to add to their financial/Tax burdens. Do not spoil the image of Nigerians that will apply for Medical visa in future.

6. After birthing , you follow the steps for getting a US passport, Nigerian passport/Visa /Travel documents for your child.
If your child's travel document is his international passport, you require a dual way ticket.

PLEASE NOTE: The above is merely a foundation for your research. It is highly advisable to read all the threads especially part 1 to get the whole feel of the process and avoid running into problems.
You can also need to use google to search for cheaper and better packages and add.

47 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by fomskhalifa: 9:58am On Jan 15, 2016
neks31:

R u using him too? Cos i am o ; guess we will run into each other soon. How r u?
please where will you be staying... Please does anyone know of cheap accommodation for Oakbend users? Biko
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:58am On Jan 15, 2016
How to get Nigerian passport for the Little one

Nigeria has consulates at New york, Washington DC and Atlanta. You can either use
an agent or do it youself. To do it yourself, follow the steps (thanks @shawbabe)

1) go to the Nigerian embassy website (google it ) and fill out application for passport.

2) print out the filled form and go to Innovate1 services website with ur ref number and pay. It's $77. If the site is down as usual, then u have to do money order at the post office addressed to them. And another $30 addressed to Nigerian embassy for processing fee. Write ref number on money order and send off to Innovate services.

3) email them to expect ur money order and update ur application online. Once that's done, go at 10am to Nigerian embassy at Roswell with ur print out and payment confirmation page. With ur baby, 1 passport photo, parents consent and data pages.

4) if u meet sane people that day, u can leave with the passport, if not it takes 2 days.

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 10:16am On Jan 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Tips For Birthing in the USA
1. If you already have a B visa, you are advised to write a Notification/Change of Intent email to the embassy
Use these addresses
LagosNIV@state.gov and /or
Consularabuja@state.gov

This correspondence and the reply is carried by the traveller to the point of entry (POE)
*For the format of the said letter, kindly use the search button on top or below this page and key in the key words. You will have to search until you see the info which has been posted by several users.

2. If you do not have a visa, apply for a B1/B2 Medical visa. Go with evidence to show that you have a hospital,doctor and funds to cover accomodation, medical treatment and any other incidences. (This is popularly referred to as' Burden of proof' on this thread). You may go with the complete cash for your stay. This is preferable but not a must too prove you are capable of paying your bills and provide a smoother poe experience.
For more details , use the search button and follow the already highlighted step for search.
* Both successful and unsuccesful visa applicants have posted their transcripts. It will be of great benefit to you to go through the thread and learn. Nobody will repost for you again.

3. The decision on a choice of hospital is dependent on several factors. Cost of treaatment I.e hospital, doctor's fees, epidural, NICU etc with cost of accommodation and Flight to your final destination . Sometimes it is cheaper to use a county where you do not have family because accommodation and hospital bills are cheaper. Sometimes it is convenient so stay with family. The choice is entirely yours.
Use the search button to search for locations visited and used by previous mothers. This is a Do it yourself thread and it is only courteous to search out info already freely posted for future users and not ask people to repost again.
Some of the very popular destinations include Houston, El paso, Dallas and NewYork. However many other locations have been used so don't claim to 'read all pages' and ask for help that you can easily search out by youself.

4. At the POE, you are expected to go with your burden of proof and be well prepared to answer questions to avoid deportation. Note : It is not a crime to birth in the US. It is a crime however if you conceal this fact from your visa officer (VO) or Customs and Border Protection (CBP). This act is considered misrepresentation and can result in deportation and cancellation of visa and sometimes a ban.

5. After birthing. Kindly pay ALL your bills and ALL your baby/ies' bills. Do not accept medicaid. Although your Child acquires automatic citizenship, it is presumed you were not allowed on the shores of America to add to their financial/Tax burdens. Do not spoil the image of Nigerians that will apply for Medical visa in future.

6. After birthing , you follow the steps for getting a US passport, Nigerian passport/Visa /Travel documents for your child.
If your child's travel document is his international passport, you require a dual way ticket.

PLEASE NOTE: The above is merely a foundation for your research. It is highly advisable to read all the threads especially part 1 to get the whole feel of the process and avoid running into problems.
You can also need to use google to search for cheaper and better packages and add.

This is so great! Thanks for taking the time to do this. Hopefully this will reduce the back and forth..

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 10:18am On Jan 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
How to get Nigerian passport for the Little one

Nigeria has consulates at New york, Washington DC and Atlanta. You can either use
an agent or do it youself. To do it yourself, follow the steps (thanks @shawbabe)

1) go to the Nigerian embassy website (google it ) and fill out application for passport.

2) print out the filled form and go to Innovate1 services website with ur ref number and pay. It's $77. If the site is down as usual, then u have to do money order at the post office addressed to them. And another $30 addressed to Nigerian embassy for processing fee. Write ref number on money order and send off to Innovate services.

3) email them to expect ur money order and update ur application online. Once that's done, go at 10am to Nigerian embassy at Roswell with ur print out and payment confirmation page. With ur baby, 1 passport photo, parents consent and data pages.

4) if u meet sane people that day, u can leave with the passport, if not it takes 2 days.

Please can someone with experience also add steps for getting Nigerian visa for the LO and ETC. I never get experience yet..
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 10:20am On Jan 15, 2016
Good thinking. All the best and please come back

Chizee02:
Went there with 3 of my hubby's bank statements but the highest was over 3m which I quoted and mine mine over 500k . My total budget was almost 2.6m and I didn't appear terrified. We thinking of applying together next time sha but after getting UK visas. Thanks a lot

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 10:30am On Jan 15, 2016
To those asking and others who want to know, please see below from the US Embassy

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by veleta: 10:49am On Jan 15, 2016
Lady G,nwanne m,you have such a beautiful soul.God bless you for all these your efforts.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:13am On Jan 15, 2016
veleta:
Lady G,nwanne m,you have such a beautiful soul.God bless you for all these your efforts.
Awwww! I'm blushing. I have this mental image of my soul all made up and peering in the mirror cheesy
Chuukwu gozie gi o!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 15, 2016
veleta:

Lady G is a good gurl grin(mum kiss) iya iya yoo!!! grin grin wink cool cool cool...

#ok bye#

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bj2012golf(m): 11:35am On Jan 15, 2016
[quote author=Tvegas post=41472787]

HY oga @tvegas happy new. Guess n urs are doing ok
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:53am On Jan 15, 2016
Ladyguinivere God bless you plenty.

Chai you r just too much... kiss

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by fomskhalifa: 11:58am On Jan 15, 2016
[quote author=kaakaa post=41922588]

Congrats dear.... thank God for your lo,... I think we met at Dr E's office.... i was d lady with hubby and my Lo, we discussed a lil abt ur accomodation issue n stuff....

Hi please where did you stay, I'm using Doctor E as well. I'm leaving in February
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by boldbabe: 12:01pm On Jan 15, 2016
Lady G, Chukwu gozie gi and bless all your efforts. May God grant your heart desires. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by fomskhalifa: 12:08pm On Jan 15, 2016
arinbakenne:
Hello Awesome people,

I have been a silent reader for a while and I must confess that I have gained a lot from this forum.

I started reading this thread around July last year and I eventually made up my mind to use Oakbend hospital. I have made a deposit to the hospital and I have correspondences with the doctor (Doctor Dama). I am due to travel first week in February.

I have also learnt a lot about POE and with God by my side, I think I am well prepared. I intend to travel via Delta Airline, I have not bought my ticket because I am still trying to wait for their promo grin

I just got an accommodation and would like to know if there's anyone interested in sharing a room with me. Just holla if you are interested.

I would really like to hook up with Feb/March mums-to-be so that i can have a less boring stay in Houston.

I would have interested o, please where are you staying, but I'm traveling 3rd week in February. if you're still single I will be interested.
Regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tobermom: 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
Nice one Lady G. U too try.

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.