Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853295 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by whocanbewho(m): 12:37am On Jan 29, 2016
nefertitiram:

That's travelex and they hardly have dollars anymore
. please bro have you ever used them? If yes, please can you describe
where their outlet is at the airport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 2:12am On Jan 29, 2016
whocanbewho:
. please bro have you ever used them? If yes, please can you describe
where their outlet is at the airport.

Downstairs. In arrivals, near firstbank

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amother4life: 4:36am On Jan 29, 2016
IjayMama:
K. Thanks very much. When putting monetary value to the items, did you use dollars or naira and you had to get receipts for the items from Naija?

The items were things we actually bought in Houston and so we still had the receipts. You need to get the receipts from where you bought the missing items and I believe they will do the conversion and pay you the equivalent in dollars or Naira.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 5:55am On Jan 29, 2016
Very sad, May God give them the fortitude to bear the loss and grant them another one soonest. This is really sad.

firsttymum:
Yesterday was a sad day.
I heard a friend lost her 1 yr old daughter. So beautiful.
She died of aspiration ( Google it.. Don't ask me tongue)
mum and dad are Dr's (before u begin to wonder different things medically)

Lemme not bore you guys with aspiration lectures. Google it, digest it, be cautious, teach ur baby's caregiver especially we that are working class mothers.
Above all... PRAY.

cry
May God comfort her! Amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ayanuke: 7:26am On Jan 29, 2016
twingirls:
I had a still birth on 7th Jan. Its such a very sad experiece.
I used Dr Amanjoh of Methodist sugarland, I have no regret whatsoever! The baby has already passed by the time I got to the hospital for delivery. She stopped being just my doctor and is now my sister. D staff of methodist sugarland and dr Amanjoh are smply great, even as I grief for my baby, I reckon with them, I will simply choose dem again.

And Soulcare woman? God bless her for me, even thogh I'm alone in America with no friend and family, they filled d vacum well. She stayed with me all tru my CS, my 1st thought was to run out of the hospital and board d next plane back to Nigeria wt my pregnancy, but she stayed and held my hand tru the c section, her whole family stayed truout d day helping wt my grief, hers is more than a concierge, it's a calling.

To my roommate, you know yourself, I say Thank you.

To God, I bless ur name, cos you have already given me the fortitude to bear the loss, even though I waited 3 years for this journey. I thank you for defending my own life, and for all.

To my husband, God be praised, I appreciate you more.

Hello Twingirl, how are you? Just checking up. Tkia
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 8:04am On Jan 29, 2016
twingirls:
I had a still birth on 7th Jan. Its such a very sad experiece.
I used Dr Amanjoh of Methodist sugarland, I have no regret whatsoever! The baby has already passed by the time I got to the hospital for delivery. She stopped being just my doctor and is now my sister. D staff of methodist sugarland and dr Amanjoh are smply great, even as I grief for my baby, I reckon with them, I will simply choose dem again.

And Soulcare woman? God bless her for me, even thogh I'm alone in America with no friend and family, they filled d vacum well. She stayed with me all tru my CS, my 1st thought was to run out of the hospital and board d next plane back to Nigeria wt my pregnancy, but she stayed and held my hand tru the c section, her whole family stayed truout d day helping wt my grief, hers is more than a concierge, it's a calling.

To my roommate, you know yourself, I say Thank you.

To God, I bless ur name, cos you have already given me the fortitude to bear the loss, even though I waited 3 years for this journey. I thank you for defending my own life, and for all.

To my husband, God be praised, I appreciate you more.

Hugs, hugs... I can't claim to understand what you've gone through but God has. May this be a turning point for greater testimonies. God will replace all that you have lost sevenfold. I Pray that you will sing a new and joyful song this year. Bless God, praise him in the midst of the storm, for he who started the good work in you will be faithful to complete it.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iphie26: 8:17am On Jan 29, 2016
Moyinoluwa83:

@Iphie26. You will get a cheaper bill from Northside if you ask for 2 days stay for CS. It should come to abt $3600 for mother's bill and i think 700 for baby.

Thanks Moyi for this useful information. I I'll sure consider that option. Please which doctor did you use? Dr Andrews assistant said they ain't taking lab work from outside the US and the fees are expensive.

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iphie26: 8:31am On Jan 29, 2016
ify4charm:

Thanks I finally got thru to her and she gave me a bill of 1700 for vaginal delivery and 1900 for cesarean. This does not include-Lab services for 750, panorama test for 495,circumcision for 495. She said she would accept my Nigerian lab results if they in a standard format eg not handwritten. She has booked me for an appointment

Has any one sent medical reports to their U.S. doctor .could you pls help with the format and hospital you used in Nigeria,tests conduct with their costs. This is because my doctor does a lot of writing on my file so I doubt it ll be accepted. Also is it possible to use another doctor for circumcision to reduce the 495 bill stated . Lastly could you help with a pediatrician for Northside hospital.

Hi Ify , please who did you talk about your lab results? Shannon , I guess Dr.Andrews assistant told me Northside does not accept lab work from outside the US . Please can you assist me. That lab fees is really expensive. Meanwhile which paediatrician are using? Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by lollarojo: 8:54am On Jan 29, 2016
emeldamicheals:
I just called them and they said they can get me a vbac dr. that is affiliated to del so but this is after I come in and have paid. So I think I will leave everything pending till I enter elpaso. If I get a dr that will deliver me at del so. I will go for it, if not I will deliver at UMC. I will just make a booking with intown suites for one week and subsequently make the rest while I stay.

@ lollarojo, my flight's proposed time to get to elpaso is 18:51 almost 7pm. So we can't get a room even after booking online. Wahala dey ooo. Wetin I wan come do. Let me call them and if dis is correct then we have to get a room for one night in a hotel then check into intown suites the nxt day. I no fit sleep 4 airport with my children nah.

have u tried booking his grace lodge seems cheaper and homely especially for we with kids.Thats where im using th..also if u can get any mom in intown then u send cash to and they pay for a week and get ur room key for u, so when u land ur room key is available, changing hotels is tiring esp for 1 night when u all wd b jetlagged and tired..and as for vbac der is a Dr Yolanda Lagunas dt uses delsol and providence..i was supposed to use her but Dr Martel eventually accepted me after so much talks cos he birthed my 1st son and i am comfortable with him...also ive been sending moneygram via firstbank to elpaso and im using form A to process my hospital payment and doctors fee but its been a week i filled d form now no joy yet..trying to explore pta options as i ve less dan 2wks to travel..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sadiaalmas: 9:07am On Jan 29, 2016
firsttymum:
kikikikikikikikiki
Let the planning begin

You will be on my speed dial list. Just holdon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 9:30am On Jan 29, 2016
firsttymum:
Mrsbw

I didn't use form A.
But anyway gtb is where u wanna check.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sadiaalmas: 9:53am On Jan 29, 2016
Please I will be going with my mum to usa and we are trying to apply for our visa. her brother, my uncle is based in the states.We don't think we will be visiting him while over there. Is it OK to write his name as relative based in the USA. He is a citizen so no worries about his status in the USA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 9:53am On Jan 29, 2016
lollarojo:
have u tried booking his grace lodge seems cheaper and homely especially for we with kids.Thats where im using th..also if u can get any mom in intown then u send cash to and they pay for a week and get ur room key for u, so when u land ur room key is available, changing hotels is tiring esp for 1 night when u all wd b jetlagged and tired..and as for vbac der is a Dr Yolanda Lagunas dt uses delsol and providence..i was supposed to use her but Dr Martel eventually accepted me after so much talks cos he birthed my 1st son and i am comfortable with him...also ive been sending moneygram via firstbank to elpaso and im using form A to process my hospital payment and doctors fee but its been a week i filled d form now no joy yet..trying to explore pta options as i ve less dan 2wks to travel..

@lollarojo I also have less than 2weeks to travel, pls can you notify me wen u see any PTA selling bank? I'll also do the same. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Moyinoluwa83: 10:05am On Jan 29, 2016
Iphie26:

Thanks Moyi for this useful information. I I'll sure consider that option. Please which doctor did you use? Dr Andrews assistant said they ain't taking lab work from outside the US and the fees are expensive.

Thanks so much.

I used Northpointe Obgyn. I used the Northside campus in Alpharetta. Fee for VD is 2500 and CS is 3000. You can check Shawbabes post and other Atlanta mommas post in 1st or 2nd thread for more details
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:23am On Jan 29, 2016
Abefeokin:

@lollarojo I also have less than 2weeks to travel, pls can you notify me wen u see any PTA selling bank? I'll also do the same. Thanks!
May I apply to join the circle? I'm also travelling in 2 weeks and seeking and finding the dollar too

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 11:41am On Jan 29, 2016
IjayMama:
Hello house, my question doesn't relate to birthing but I could use some help. Flew Air France to JFK & on my arrival one of my bags didn't arrive. Been calling to follow up but not much has been achieved. Just got a mail from them requesting me to file a claim & put a cost to the contents of my bag but @ d bottom of the mail, it's written dat d airline doesn't pay for jewellery & that bag is full of jewellery. Any ideas on what to do esp to get value for my missing items? Anyone been in a similar situation?

Sorry o, it can be traumatising to say the least..

I am in the middle of a battle with KLM right now on an near identical situation (they lost my bag, eventually found it after I screamed and shouted, guess what, it came back stripped of my valuables, which probably happened at MMA2)

As they have said they don't pay for jewelry, including jewelry in the baggage inventory will be shooting yourself in the foot. May be best to include other items for which you have receipts.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by lollarojo: 1:46pm On Jan 29, 2016
Abefeokin:

sure will

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by IjayMama: 3:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
Oh...okay. It's gonna be tougher for me cos these are all personal used items & I don't have the receipts anymore. This is just very annoying. Thanks for your help dear.
Amother4life:

The items were things we actually bought in Houston and so we still had the receipts. You need to get the receipts from where you bought the missing items and I believe they will do the conversion and pay you the equivalent in dollars or Naira.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by IjayMama: 3:45pm On Jan 29, 2016
Thanks dear. Very frustrating. My mum made over a dozen set of neck beads hoping to sell them to friends and relatives on our arrival. Cost a lot of money & now we can't get the money back? All the other items are our personal used items & a few personal items for my toddler and there are no receipts for them anymore. God dey cry
anonymousmum:

Sorry o, it can be traumatising to say the least..

I am in the middle of a battle with KLM right now on an near identical situation (they lost my bag, eventually found it after I screamed and shouted, guess what, it came back stripped of my valuables, which probably happened at MMA2)

As they have said they don't pay for jewelry, including jewelry in the baggage inventory will be shooting yourself in the foot. May be best to include other items for which you have receipts.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2016
No info on doctors or hospitals. However i believe it takes 45 days to get your baby's birth certificate in delaware.
Xenadarl:
Anyone birthing in Delaware, need info about affordable Drs and hospitals. Pls help a sista out
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2016
I had the same ish during my time. I booked a 1 night stay at Days Inn. its on the opposite side of the freeway from intown suites. got a cab to intown at noon the next day. costs roughly $50 for that nightand about $10-15 max cab to intown.
you can book on booking.com look for the Days Inn with 10635 Gateway Blvd W...as its address....it's close to walmart so if you are feeling energetic, you can pop into walmart in the morning and do a bit of grocery shopping before you check out. that will save you cab fare having to do so later on...
emeldamicheals:
I just called them and they said they can get me a vbac dr. that is affiliated to del so but this is after I come in and have paid. So I think I will leave everything pending till I enter elpaso. If I get a dr that will deliver me at del so. I will go for it, if not I will deliver at UMC. I will just make a booking with intown suites for one week and subsequently make the rest while I stay.

@ lollarojo, my flight's proposed time to get to elpaso is 18:51 almost 7pm. So we can't get a room even after booking online. Wahala dey ooo. Wetin I wan come do. Let me call them and if dis is correct then we have to get a room for one night in a hotel then check into intown suites the nxt day. I no fit sleep 4 airport with my children nah.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
IjayMama:
Thanks dear. Very frustrating. My mum made over a dozen set of neck beads hoping to sell them to friends and relatives on our arrival. Cost a lot of money & now we can't get the money back? All the other items are our personal used items & a few personal items for my toddler and there are no receipts for them anymore. God dey cry

Put any item you have the receipt for
Sorry for the stress you are going thru....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
Good day everyone. Please I need to confirm mode of payment before arrival for people who have used Soulcare. I asked for account details and I got a personal account of the customer service person.
Please did anyone use same?
Also, was anyone able to pay Dr E before going to the States? If yes, please how? And also the hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Xenadarl: 5:13pm On Jan 29, 2016
Thanks @vcole, are you in Delaware presently or planning to go?

vcole:
No info on doctors or hospitals. However i believe it takes 45 days to get your baby's birth certificate in delaware.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 6:12pm On Jan 29, 2016
lollarojo:
sure will
Check Fidelity, they sold PTA Monday and Tuesday, they sell at random now just follow up with an insider
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by prolify: 6:25pm On Jan 29, 2016
@ nefertitiram and omary83,sorry to draw you back but I doubt I skipped a page while reading,can you please clarify 38,000 and 26,000 And what are you seeing clearly and hearing aswell undecided. I tried going a few pages back and see nothing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 6:29pm On Jan 29, 2016
Iphie26:

Ify4charm
Try doctor valisia Andrews she uses northside and charges less than 2k excluding lab.

Thanks I finally got thru to her and she gave me a bill of 1700 for vaginal delivery and 1900 for cesarean. This does not include-Lab services for 750, panorama test for 495,circumcision for 495. She said she would accept my Nigerian lab results if they in a standard format eg not handwritten. She has booked me for an appointment

Has any one sent medical reports to their U.S. doctor .could you pls help with the format and hospital you used in Nigeria,tests conduct with their costs. This is because my doctor does a lot of writing on my file so I doubt it ll be accepted. Also is it possible to use another doctor for circumcision to reduce the 495 bill stated . Lastly could you help with a pediatrician for

Dear Ify4charm please I'm also using doctor Andrews but I got a mail from one Shannon in her office telling me that Northside does not accept any other lab work from outside the states after I enquired if I could bring mine. Please refer me to who you spoke to about the lab results. $750 is a whole lotta money. Thanks

Please where is this North side hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:31pm On Jan 29, 2016
ZillyO:

Check Fidelity, they sold PTA Monday and Tuesday, they sell at random now just follow up with an insider
Which branch please?!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 6:42pm On Jan 29, 2016
[quote author=Abefeokin post=42398804][/quote]
I'm April mum going first week of March, what options of hospital have you found? I am considering El Paso and Dallas
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 6:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Which branch please?!

Ikoyi Awolowo Road. Also check Head office at kofo Abayomi, VI

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 29, 2016
prolify:
@ nefertitiram and omary83,sorry to draw you back but I doubt I skipped a page while reading,can you please clarify 38,000 and 26,000 And what are you seeing clearly and hearing aswell undecided. I tried going a few pages back and see nothing.

Kiki kiki. ......they will answer you. But about the seeing clearly and hearing clearly, na only we wey get 8 eyes and 4ears dey inside. Must you know everything?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 29, 2016
Pacochi and Omary83 plus others who tried sending messages to me? Pls o Nor be say I dey form, I see messages that am asked to reply but they kept bouncing back when I do. Pls how do I go about it? I am loyal!

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.