Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853459 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 10:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
I did research Denver, Colorado. Planned going there b4 I changed my mind to elpaso. Accomodation was quite expensive than elpaso.
There are still cheap hospitals there.

mulberry:
Dear mamas and papas in d house, information is power they say, and I ve come to realise did since my husband introduced me to this thread. I got all d info I required to apply for my very first us visa from dis thread and went for my first missionary journey successfully and now just renewed my visa via drop box successfully. I know it will all end in praise. Will be back here to share poe stories. Unfortunately no much info about birthing in Denver, Colorado has been discussed on the thread so I am on d search for one. I may just discover another mhis.

Shout out to all d sabi mamas and papas, wishing u all Gods blessings to ur little ones and safe delivery to all waddling moms!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 10:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
Thanks. I will google her and give her a call.

Nogen:

Dr. Lagunas does VBAC and she uses Del Sol. I think she's about the only doctor in El paso who does a VBAC.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 10:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
allen0000:
Make una follow me thank God oo........My wife just gave birth to a baby girl here in Chicago..............

Congrats. God bless mother and child
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 10:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
allen0000:
Please I want to know if Moneygram or WesternUnion is still sending out to US from Nigeria////Tanx

Congrats to you and your family. May God bless the baby.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 11:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
bbaby84:

I hear you sis!

I see both of you sis

I hear both of you sis

Be seeing and hearing tinz there! *passing by*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by phemie1: 2:44am On Jan 28, 2016
So I promised to give a feedback.. I came in through Atl Poe last week using Delta Airline. The officer at the poe asked why im here.. Told him 'Vacation' for about 9weeks. He asked How much I have on me? Asked if im married? Yes! Do I work? Nope, im a housewife for now. . He asked I come with him... took me to another officer, he asked about the same questions.. then he made a call, shortly another officer was there to pick me.. and I was led to the secondary inspection section. The lady there asked if im pregnant.. I told her Yes. Then she asked what I told the officer in here for, told her I told him im on vacation. Then I said.. yes , Vacation but of course series of event would occur during thz vacation, which may include Delivery. Then she smiled , asked if I had spoken witha doctor. I answered positive and Then I tendered documents of conversation I had with my doc and an invoice emailed to me of part payment made already.., she asked for some other documents which I had . Then I got stamped for 6months. I was told to keep all receipts as I may be asked for me on my next visit to us.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 5:56am On Jan 28, 2016
Congrats ....God bless the LO
allen0000:
Make una follow me thank God oo........My wife just gave birth to a baby girl here in Chicago..............
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jayjay4lyf: 6:50am On Jan 28, 2016
phemie1:
So I promised to give a feedback.. I came in through Atl Poe last week using Delta Airline. The officer at the poe asked why im here.. Told him 'Vacation' for about 9weeks. He asked How much I have on me? Asked if im married? Yes! Do I work? Nope, im a housewife for now. . He asked I come with him... took me to another officer, he asked about the same questions.. then he made a call, shortly another officer was there to pick me.. and I was led to the secondary inspection section. The lady there asked if im pregnant.. I told her Yes. Then she asked what I told the officer in here for, told her I told him im on vacation. Then I said.. yes , Vacation but of course series of event would occur during thz vacation, which may include Delivery. Then she smiled , asked if I had spoken witha doctor. I answered positive and Then I tendered documents of conversation I had with my doc and an invoice emailed to me of part payment made already.., she asked for some other documents which I had . Then I got stamped for 6months. I was told to keep all receipts as I may be asked for me on my next visit to us.

Lucky you
Why did u allow dem to drag the information out of you like u were hiding it
POE story nko? grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 8:09am On Jan 28, 2016
allen0000:

Congrats! God bless the LO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 28, 2016
bbaby84:

I hear you sis!

I sure know we are plenty here......
I sent a message to the group, pls a knowledge.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 28, 2016
nefertitiram:

I see both of you sis

I hear both of you sis

Ha madam Nef! You too......issokay
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by BabyMandy: 8:45am On Jan 28, 2016
Congrats! We bless God for safe delivery, regards to your wife and baby.
allen0000:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nictos: 9:43am On Jan 28, 2016
theeds:
Hello mommas, pls I am a first time mum.bin following the thread from the very start. May GOd bless all the contributors. Pls I will like to knw if there are May mum's in the house leaving March and considering dallas/Houston /elpaso, so as to build companionship (as per colabo tinz)as per I am gonna be on my own and e no funny. Abeg can we wrk together.

@ slamex85: I still dey xpect ur response

Hi Dear,
I am a May mum due for Elpaso but would be in Dallas from April and move to Elpaso close to delivery date. Send me a pm with you email add so we can connect pleasssss

Tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 9:49am On Jan 28, 2016
Good morning my people
@phemie1 walai your gist make me sweat small shocked shocked shocked
How can you say you are on vacation for 9 weeks
Thank God you didn't meet some over zealous CBP's who could have change your reply to misrepresentation of facts because you have documents to buttress the fact that you are there to give birth.
Once more we give all praise to God that it ends well.

@Onlineise am so sorry about the denial, I know you already blamed yourself for taking that risk of interview but re apply and I pray that it will favourable in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 10:15am On Jan 28, 2016
Which branch in Lagos please, I need dollars badly!
mulberry:

Yes they through the banks but u ve to be on queue in some of d banks and not all their branches are selling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 10:42am On Jan 28, 2016
[quote author=theeds post=42314511]Hello mommas, pls I am a first time mum.bin following the thread from the very start. May GOd bless all the contributors. Pls I will like to knw if there are May mum's in the house leaving March and considering dallas/Houston /elpaso, so as to build companionship (as per colabo tinz)as per I am gonna be on my own and e no funny. Abeg can we wrk together.

I'm April mom going around mid February and I'm considering Dallas/houston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 10:53am On Jan 28, 2016
nefertitiram:

I see both of you sis
I hear both of you sis
Ahhh, I tot I was the only one that saw those coded language lol.

BTW, I finally met with @ chicagobound yeah!!!!!
My e-sis turned sis from another mother. grin
cc modath.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nictos: 11:12am On Jan 28, 2016
@Favouredgal, i have been well and the good Lord has smiled on me thats why i came back to this forum. Don't let me bore you with the details of what the devil did to that 2013 baby. Anyways my ways are opened up and am glad to see so many of us now on this thread, it means God has indeed BLESSED us.

I will follow your advice and reapply for her now.

Thanks God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:22am On Jan 28, 2016
cinakin:
Which branch in Lagos please, I need dollars badly!
I climb on the back of this your plaint!
Biko nu, who knows the branch/banks that wre selling. See me in a mad frenzy reactivating dead accounts just in case na that bank go dey sell .
If I have offended u before forgive! grin t type the bank name and branch. Stanbic no longer has dollars till weneva o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iphie26: 11:23am On Jan 28, 2016
Ify4charm
Try doctor valisia Andrews she uses northside and charges less than 2k excluding lab.

Thanks I finally got thru to her and she gave me a bill of 1700 for vaginal delivery and 1900 for cesarean. This does not include-Lab services for 750, panorama test for 495,circumcision for 495. She said she would accept my Nigerian lab results if they in a standard format eg not handwritten. She has booked me for an appointment

Has any one sent medical reports to their U.S. doctor .could you pls help with the format and hospital you used in Nigeria,tests conduct with their costs. This is because my doctor does a lot of writing on my file so I doubt it ll be accepted. Also is it possible to use another doctor for circumcision to reduce the 495 bill stated . Lastly could you help with a pediatrician for

Dear Ify4charm please I'm also using doctor Andrews but I got a mail from one Shannon in her office telling me that Northside does not accept any other lab work from outside the states after I enquired if I could bring mine. Please refer me to who you spoke to about the lab results. $750 is a whole lotta money. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Onlineise(m): 11:33am On Jan 28, 2016
Bisoye82:

@Onlineise am so sorry about the denial, I know you already blamed yourself for taking that risk of interview but re apply and I pray that it will favourable in Jesus name.

Thanks @Bisoye82. We have reapplied and preping for another interview.

@Gurus in the house....i woke up this morning thinking that since she still has a valid stamp at least till next month maybe she shld just kuku go and spend 5months there...that will cover every. We go just do the intent thingy. Wetin una feel?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 11:52am On Jan 28, 2016
ozycy:

Ahhh, I tot I was the only one that saw those coded language lol.

BTW, I finally met with @ chicagobound yeah!!!!!
My e-sis turned sis from another mother. grin
cc modath.

Is she also seeing and hearing tinz
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:56am On Jan 28, 2016
Onlineise:

Thanks @Bisoye82. We have reapplied and preping for another interview.

@Gurus in the house....i woke up this morning thinking that since she still has a valid stamp at least till next month maybe she shld just kuku go and spend 5months there...that will cover every. We go just do the intent thingy. Wetin una feel?
Was the visa cancelled? If you aren't sure, send an email and ask.

@allen congrats ma guy!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
omodadi:

We are 26,000... we r bound to overlap

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 12:02pm On Jan 28, 2016
nefertitiram:

Is she also seeing and hearing tinz
grin
We no dey Dat preggy group wey dey see and hear tinz

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
ozycy:

grin
We no dey Dat preggy group wey dey see and hear tinz

Hehehehe!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 12:11pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hello mommas n papas n future parents.

I hv known about this thread for a while but till yestrday i decided to just read and note. Im not a first time mum, infct im duebto hv my second child in may/june.

Heres my story:
2 years ago hubby n i applied for a visit visa and at d time i was abt 25weeks pregnant. I didnt state it in d form and did not volunteer at d interview. Interview went well and d VO dint even ask to see any documents. At POE i had no issues even tho i did not enter with hubby. I simply told d DHS officer that hubbycouldnt mak ot because of leave. I was let in. No questions asked. Had my child paic my bills and returned.
Even went on holiday again this time with d whole family before the visa expired.

Visa expired, hubby and I requested for dropbox and he was granted but i was asked to come for interview. At d interview:
V.O: when was ur last trip
Me: June 2015
V.O: ...and before that?
Me: 2013
V.O: how long?
Me: 3months, I had a baby.
(Officer types for what seems like eternity)
V.O: how come you did not inform us you were pregnant?
Me: because i was not asked at the interview
(Officer types for what seems like eternity)
V.O: but u knew and did not say
Excuses himself and goes to supervisor and returns and asks...and now y are you applying?
Me: to renew my visa incase i need to uae it again
V.O : ahh ha! Im sorry you do not qualify for visa bla bla bla..

I was disapointed n crushed especially because i knw my rights. Its not an offence to travel to give birth and theres a law against visa officers asking women about pregnancy or refusing to renew bcx they had a baby in d US.

Outraged, I walked away but felt crushed. A V.O desion cannot be challenged or appealled.
Finally talked myself into reapplying and prayed like hell.

Fast forward to my second interview and was glad to deal with a woman. Heres our conversation:
V.O: where are yu goin?
Me: houston
V.O: For
Me: Childbirth and vacation with my daughter
V.O: any docs correspondence?
Me: yes im using the same doc that birthed my first child
(I issue her correspondence and savings plan)
V.O: did you like the doc?
Me: yes he took care of me post partum
V.O: U paid with a credt card?
Me: No debit. All payments were made befre discharge from hospital.
V.O: Thank you, your visa will be granted, please pick up at ....and do pay all your bills as you did the last time.

The essense of my story is to encourage you all to try. A denial isnt equal to a ban unless u realĺy erred. Plus mayb if i was honeat n upfront the first time i wont have wasted 32k d second time. Be confident and say the truth. I knw hw it felt to be denied. And i knw how it feels when you let fear cripple you. Just try. Theres no harm.

Ps: my bill is abt 9k for cs (all inclusiv) im hoping to find a mom who can help with a cheaper bill in houston. I know hospitals and docs have been discussed and i knw u all want me to read...trust me iv bn reading for abt 2years bt the pages are far back and d price of dollar has changed. Someone help.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by duntano: 12:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
We are oh
I see you sis..

omodadi:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 12:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
Onlineise:

Congrats @ Meeracle I tap into your miracle for DW

House,

This Life is just a pot of beans, DW was rejected and I must confess it hit us both badly...maybe because she has never been rejected before and has both UK, US and other country stamps. Please see a recap below:

She has a current B1/B2 visa expiring in Feb...She is due in June so we felt she should renew before it expires and in the spirit of honesty I felt she should go for interview rather than do Dropbox so she can declare she is pregnant to avoid future stress. We had submitted and picked a date before family and friends began to make comments like "its risky what you people are doing" we then began to feel like mumus.

At the interview, the VO saw her current B1/B2 stamp and was all okay until she said she was pregnant. The man asked for everything she had and she produced all (we were well armed since we did our research all here and beyond)...The VO basically just flipped thru the Hosp. correspondences, Budget Sheet, Acct Statements and other documents she had on her. The VO didn't waste 1 minute even reading the letter or checking the statement he seemed not interested...to cut the story short he rejected.

We intended to reapply cause she doesn't even understand how the man will not ask her any question...She has been to the states 3 times and has never even stayed beyond 10days on each occasion.

Please any tips good people...cos i feel so bad making her do interview instead of dropbox jejeli.

Merci!

Dnt be afraid to try again. I did and got the visa. Its a hard choice though. But pray like never before and hope for a female V.O They are more compassionate and thorough.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 12:26pm On Jan 28, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Biko nu, who knows the branch/banks that wre selling. See me in a mad frenzy reactivating dead accounts just in case na that bank go dey sell .
If I have offended u before forgive! grin t type the bank name and branch. Stanbic no longer has dollars till weneva o

I hear theres a company at the aiport that sells PTA at 220 but the catch is that yu must be travellling on d same day u are buying. May not hurt to investigate. Do let me know what you find.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 12:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

I hear you sis

I hear you both

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 12:35pm On Jan 28, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Pele.

Demand is higher than supply for fx right now. Banks are receiving $40,000 dollars now as opposed to $100,000 available for PTA. All branches are vying for their customers on that allocation. Trust naija, it's no longer by waiting list, it's God's grace and man know man now oh.

Sterling bank does Money gram sha and i heard it's $1k per transaction . You can try that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.