Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (851053 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 10:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
prolify:

shocked shocked shocked Self pay or discounted grin grin grin

Discounted o!

On referral only. Kim Kardashian referred me, so I was able to get the discount.

*falls of palm tree* grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by prolify: 10:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
@twingirls how are you doing?e-hugs
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 10:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
MumTee:
My Fellow missionaries, its been a while, trying to settle down after my 2 months missionary journey. Here is my transcript.

Travelled via BA Nov 23rd, Houston POE was a breeze. Honesty pays o, as i declared Child birth during visa interview. Had my doctor's correspondence, Cash, debit cards etc for POE hence all CBP officers were friendly even at secondary inspection. I rem him saying its not a críme to birth here, all We are after is declaration and preparedness.

My wonderful Doc E cared for My prenatals and took delivery of my son vía CS at Oakbend Medical on Dec 23rd. My mum was surprised i was up d Next day considering my experience with my First daughter. All Baby documentation were out in récord time. I had a good time and wont mind doing It again. I left for Naija 24th Jan with my Prince and Mum vía BA

Below is a summary of my bill:
Doc fees (CS) $2300
Prenatal tests $ 119.6
Hosp fee (CS) $3500
Anaestasia. $ 950
NICS. $474
Brown & Assoc $87

Paediatrics bill after discharged:
First visit $75
2nd visit. $55
2nd PKU test $60 (Pls negotiate as self pay upfront b4 u do d test o so that u dont pay this much, a mama on this platform Paid $12. My Next Door neighbour didnt pay as d Paed Did It for free.

This platform has been so so helpful, i appreciate all d people who Have answered ny queréis, responded to PM, those that has Just provided info publicly to We users. Cant begin to mention names cos everyone has been helpful. I am also available to respond to PM if i cant be on d Forum anytime.
May God bless our LOs, We wont labour in vain over them. Our children will matter wia It matters by God's grace, Amen.
For those of us preparing for this journey and those in d waiting room, your testimony is sure, Just follow d rules and Take out time to research, It gets u prepared and confident, Nothing takes u by surprise.
I came, I Saw, I conquered!

Please which hospital is this in houston?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by fomskhalifa: 10:57pm On Jan 30, 2016
Abefeokin:

She just wrote Oakbend now, shoo u no read am.?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 11:02pm On Jan 30, 2016
Lady Guinevere where are thou? Any luck with your quest for dollars? I heard some pple are buying from cotonou if u have someone there and u have a domiciliary account....mna hear I hear am dis nyte , I never try am o grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 31, 2016
hello Guys

have been a silent reader just want to share my experience,we had our first child in NJ in 2012 in a private Hopital we had a bill of 17kusd and for the baby 2.5kusd ,we paid a total of 7k usd in btw the two bills,our visa expired 2014 .my wife is pregnant again and we applied for a drop box to renew our visas ,but she was called to come for an interview alone wthout me, in our first travel to the us in 2012 we told them at the POE that we are there to dleiver,

can her interview have sumtin to do with the unpaid bill some one pls advice .her interview at the us embassy in abuja is next week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sylolo(m): 12:39am On Jan 31, 2016
OUR INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT
People, this is our long epistle. Please pardon me for long the write-up.
We had our Visa interview on 22nd December 2015. Interview was scheduled for 10:30am. Got there quite early. Those Touts at the Embassy car park wanted to trick us to make copies of our passport pages for 1k each. Please don’t make any copy as you won’t have need for this. Imagine making a photocopy for 1K. We didn’t fall for this ploy.
VO: Why are you travelling to the US?
Hubby: For Child birth… We are going to have our baby in the US.
VO: Where are you going in US?
Hubby: Houston, Texas.
VO: Have you both travelled together before?
Hubby: No, I have only travelled alone. This would be our first trip together.
VO: Which Hospital have you been in contact with?
Hubby: Oakbend Medical Centre.
VO: Where do you work?
Hubby: xxxx.
VO: What do you do there?
Hubby: I am a xxxx / xxxx.
VO: How much do you earn?
Hubby: Bleep monthly plus quarterly sales bonus which ranges from Bleep to Bleep.
VO: How do you intend to fund the trip?
Hubby: From my savings.
VO: How much is your budget?
Hubby: $18000
VO: How do you intend to pay the fees over there in US?
Hubby: My wife will travel with $9500 because of the above $10000 limit to be declared by Customs regulation, while she would access the other part of the money from her account using her debit card.
The VO then turned to my wife and asked:
VO: Ma’am, what do you do?
Wifey: I am a Lawyer by training, but currently not employed because of my high risk pregnancy. She actually stopped working during relocation.
VO: When were you called to the Bar?
Wifey: 2011
VO: Ok, your visas have been approved. Pick it up from our office in VI and make sure you keep your receipts and go with cash so that you don’t get turned back at the POE.
NB: None of the documents in our proof of burden was asked for sighting. It was God’s Grace all through. Testimony No. 1

Testimony No. 2 was our PTA story. Stanbic stopped selling PTA on 26/01/2016. No availability of funds was the reason they gave. On the day of my wife’s trip (28/01/2016), we went to the bank (Stanbic). We saw the person in charge of the PTA stuff. He first told us that there were no funds, but asked us to wait if we want to because they were expecting some funds later that day. We waited ooh since Travelex at the Airport cannot be totally relied on. We eventually got $4k PTA after much waiting and pleading. God actually intervened on our behalf. We added this to $6k we had already gotten from another source. Armed with $10k, we headed straight to the Airport from the Bank as time was far spent.
HOUSTON POE STORY
Darling Wife flew Emirates Airline on Thursday 28th January 2016. We were able to chat on bbm using the free Wi-Fi onboard in the Dubai to Houston leg of the flights. This really helped to bridge the communication gap while she on air. We actually chatted all through the flight except when she had a flat power battery prior to landing in Houston.
The flight landed in IAH at 1522hrs CAT. She was wheeled to one of the CBP Officers whose counter was vacant.
Wifey: Good evening
CBP Officer: Good Evening….Passport please
Wifey: Here Sir with a smile
CBP Officer: Where is xxxx from? He called her first name when asking.
Wifey: From Nigeria
CBP Officer: Where in Nigeria.
Wifey: Edo state
CBP Officer: Who stays in this address (Address on the Declaration Form)
Wifey: My brother
CBP Officer: How long are you staying in the States?
Wifey: 4 months
CBP Officer: Ok…for what?
Wifey: Childbirth
CBP Officer: Ok. Probably must have seen the reason we gave during our Visa interview.
Wifey: DW now asked the CBP Officer this question…Are you a Benin Man? She asked based on his name tag.
CBP Officer: Yes
Wifey: Oh really, my parents live in Benin.
CBP Officer: Ok
CBP Officer: How long has your brother been in the US?
Wifey: 2 Years
CBP Officer: Oh, he might not know me. Tell him to call me because he might be interested in joining the Nigerian Tribal Association here.
And he stamped Wifey in for 6 months without checking any document or Cash. He did not even ask about cash. Though Wifey was with $9925 (I had already taken $75 from the $10k in Naija to save her from the Customs stress over there. She spent less than 5mins with the CBP Officer. There was no secondary inspection whatsoever. This was her first time travelling to the US.
Wifey got to Customs where her bags were not checked. The Officer just asked if her foodstuffs were blended and she answered “yes”.
That was all. Testimony No.3

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Confirmeroptima(f): 12:51am On Jan 31, 2016
Congratulations mumtee,

The fragrance you left behind in Hopewomen clinic is still strong. Dr. E has been very warm and very professional.
I have sent you a PM I would like to ask you some question.

Love to your LO

MumTee:
My Fellow missionaries, its been a while, trying to settle down after my 2 months missionary journey. Here is my transcript.

Travelled via BA Nov 23rd, Houston POE was a breeze. Honesty pays o, as i declared Child birth during visa interview. Had my doctor's correspondence, Cash, debit cards etc for POE hence all CBP officers were friendly even at secondary inspection. I rem him saying its not a críme to birth here, all We are after is declaration and preparedness.

My wonderful Doc E cared for My prenatals and took delivery of my son vía CS at Oakbend Medical on Dec 23rd. My mum was surprised i was up d Next day considering my experience with my First daughter. All Baby documentation were out in récord time. I had a good time and wont mind doing It again. I left for Naija 24th Jan with my Prince and Mum vía BA

Doc fees (CS) $2300
Prenatal tests $ 119.6
Hosp fee (CS) $3500
Anaestasia. $ 950
NICS. $474
Brown & Assoc $87

First visit $75
2nd visit. $55
2nd PKU test $60 (Pls negotiate as self pay upfront b4 u do d test o so that u dont pay this much, a mama on this platform Paid $12. My Next Door neighbour didnt pay as d Paed Did It for free.

This platform has been so so helpful, i appreciate all d people who Have answered ny queréis, responded to PM, those that has Just provided info publicly to We users. Cant begin to mention names cos everyone has been helpful. I am also available to respond to PM if i cant be on d Forum anytime.
May God bless our LOs, We wont labour in vain over them. Our children will matter wia It matters by God's grace, Amen.
For those of us preparing for this journey and those in d waiting room, your testimony is sure, Just follow d rules and Take out time to research, It gets u prepared and confident, Nothing takes u by surprise.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 1:07am On Jan 31, 2016
Congrats @ mumtee & sylolo. Sylolo you were very detailed in your transcript o. Indeed honesty pays. All na GodWin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 1:11am On Jan 31, 2016
Abefeokin:
Lady Guinevere where are thou? Any luck with your quest for dollars? I heard some pple are buying from cotonou if u have someone there and u have a domiciliary account....mna hear I hear am dis nyte , I never try am o grin
Bigfido has given a perfect way out na. No need to go to cotonou. Just buy pounds/euro from the bank, take it for your journey and convert it to dollars on arrival.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 1:20am On Jan 31, 2016
teeteekay2367:
hello Guys

have been a silent reader just want to share my experience,we had our first child in NJ in 2012 in a private Hopital we had a bill of 17kusd and for the baby 2.5kusd ,we paid a total of 7k usd in btw the two bills,our visa expired 2014 .my wife is pregnant again and we applied for a drop box to renew our visas ,but she was called to come for an interview alone wthout me, in our first travel to the us in 2012 we told them at the POE that we are there to dleiver,

can her interview have sumtin to do with the unpaid bill some one pls advice .her interview at the us embassy in abuja is next week.
Hmmmm Sorry no comment, maybe LadyGuinivere and others may be kind enough to advise you lipsrsealed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Lialian: 4:03am On Jan 31, 2016
Confirmeroptima:
Congratulations mumtee,

The fragrance you left behind in Hopewomen clinic is still strong. Dr. E has been very warm and very professional.
I have sent you a PM I would like to ask you some question.

Love to your LO

Hello please which pediatrician did you use?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Lialian: 4:15am On Jan 31, 2016
ZillyO:

Please which hospital is this

Please which pediatrician did you use?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:44am On Jan 31, 2016
shrekandfiona:

Hmmmm Sorry no comment, maybe LadyGuinivere and others may be kind enough to advise you lipsrsealed
See me see trouuble o! Na me dey answer Question when u no get comment to? Ok cheesy.

@poster anything under the sun could be the reason u are being summoned for an interview. But did u think renewal was going to be a walk in the park despite still owing above 10k dollars? Usually the advise to former posters is 'carry evidence of all your complete payments'
I don't know which advice I can give u except to start paying up The debts or enter into a payment plan with the hospital and honour it.

@Abeofokin cotonou you say? Ok nau! That. Is another option grin .
Hmmmm since they are now coding the d dollars at stanbic I shall go and roll on the floor for them . Lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 6:21am On Jan 31, 2016
Congrats sylolo.. It will all end well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 7:49am On Jan 31, 2016
sylolo:

The flight landed in IAH at 1522hrs CAT. She was wheeled to one of the CBP Officers whose counter was vacant.
Wifey: Good evening
CBP Officer: Good Evening….Passport please
Wifey: Here Sir with a smile
CBP Officer: Where is xxxx from? He called her first name when asking.
Wifey: From Nigeria
CBP Officer: Where in Nigeria.
Wifey: Edo state
CBP Officer: Who stays in this address (Address on the Declaration Form)
Wifey: My brother
CBP Officer: How long are you staying in the States?
Wifey: 4 months
CBP Officer: Ok…for what?
Wifey: Childbirth
CBP Officer: Ok. Probably must have seen the reason we gave during our Visa interview.
Wifey: DW now asked the CBP Officer this question…Are you a Benin Man? She asked based on his name tag.
CBP Officer: Yes
Wifey: Oh really, my parents live in Benin.
CBP Officer: Ok
CBP Officer: How long has your brother been in the US?
Wifey: 2 Years
CBP Officer: Oh, he might not know me. Tell him to call me because he might be interested in joining the Nigerian Tribal Association here.
And he stamped Wifey in for 6 months without checking any document or Cash. He did not even ask about cash. Though Wifey was with $9925 (I had already taken $75 from the $10k in Naija to save her from the Customs stress over there. She spent less than 5mins with the CBP Officer. There was no secondary inspection whatsoever. This was her first time travelling to the US.
Wifey got to Customs where her bags were not checked. The Officer just asked if her foodstuffs were blended and she answered “yes”.
That was all. Testimony No.3

See favour!!! Halleluyah! What are the odds you will meet your townsman as CBP? shocked

Cool!!!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 7:57am On Jan 31, 2016
teeteekay2367:
hello Guys

*climbing back on palm tree* shocked

You left $10k debt unpaid in US for 2 years? And it will just disappear like that? @firsttymum will have something to say about this to help your case.

Wait 1st, I have solution. She should tell them she wants to go back and pay the debt, she now has money. But wait, 2years? That money for don gather interest on top am ooo!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 8:12am On Jan 31, 2016
Amen and God bless u and ur LO too

MumTee:

Doc fees (CS) $2300
Prenatal tests $ 119.6
Hosp fee (CS) $3500
Anaestasia. $ 950
NICS. $474
Brown & Assoc $87

First visit $75
2nd visit. $55

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 8:15am On Jan 31, 2016
It's Oakbend, Dr E uses Oakbend, use the search button to get all doctors affiliated with the hospital.

Abefeokin:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 8:16am On Jan 31, 2016
Lol

fomskhalifa:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:00am On Jan 31, 2016
LI:
October babies and dry weather? That's a new one. But I know every single Valentine's Day was a hit back to back

I meant this particular dry weather.

U r so right at d bolded
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:07am On Jan 31, 2016
teeteekay2367:
hello Guys

Looks left looks right shocked ... Faints.... Get up again.... Faints...
10k waaaat? shocked

My well thought reply just left my head
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MumTee: 9:24am On Jan 31, 2016
Lialian:

Please which pediatrician did you use?

Doctor Rubina Khan of Clinicare, Did the 2nd PKU test at Herman Memorial Lab on d floor beneath Clinicare.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:49am On Jan 31, 2016
firsttymum:

Looks left looks right shocked ... Faints.... Get up again.... Faints...
10k waaaat? shocked

My well thought reply just left my head
Its actually 17k plus 2k5 minus 7k leaving 12k5 unpaid actually.
By the exchange rate thats like 3.7m and some change... shocked
Who will change my life with that kain money now? grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 10:14am On Jan 31, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Some people even get mind. They want to go back again to give birth. After abandoning the previous debt! Who be mumu

One would even expect your conscience will make you just forget about US and visit Azerbaijan instead for the next missionary journey.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 10:22am On Jan 31, 2016
fomskhalifa:

I read it o but was sprised cos the quote I got differs from this! Way higher Dan dis and it's oakbend tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 10:25am On Jan 31, 2016
MumTee:

Please please please i need your help. Sent you a mail.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 10:29am On Jan 31, 2016
teeteekay2367:
hello Guys

Okay now! Such question will not be answered here o, go and face ur palaver jejeli. People paying are not mumus they are just doing the right thing. Na pple like u go corrupt this forum *hian* undecided

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 10:37am On Jan 31, 2016
biollar1:

It's Oakbend, Dr E uses Oakbend, use the search button to get all doctors affiliated with the hospital.

Thank you biollar1
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mummybee: 12:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
Hello everyone, a quick one please....i'll be due in July and intend travelling to the U.S in May. The issue is my visa will expire in July. Should I just go for the drop box or write a letter to the embassy because my fear is I could be stamped in for 2 months to leave the U.S in July which wouldn't give me ample time to get baby's documents and all. Thanks

Has anyone been in this situation before? Please help me sister.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 1:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

To think it Wed have been 2m or less den in 2012. Now dey will pay almost double cry

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 1:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
ozycy:

To think it Wed have been 2m or less den in 2012. Now dey will pay almost double cry

Such bills are sent to collections, and begin to accumulate interest. Now u will be looking at almost $500k

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.