Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (851260 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 11:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
bbaby84:

Oh I see... I never knew I was going to Chicago until last minute and trust me when I say every Nigerian (old and young) I met in Chicago asked me the same question and were surprised when I said No.
So other than the fact that he asked who referred you ( and your church member's experience), you don't have a personal experience with him?

Am not interested in him whatsoever. I did my homework well and was not happy with hearing first hand reports of how some women were made to pay outrageous bills upon transferred from his care due to complications to other hospitals. And abandons them to their fate.
This my precious baby? I should gamble with her because I want to test a doc with such reviews?

The same doctor that ejisky claimed took her delivery at home, in America? What happened to 911 na!

Or a doc that is a qualified general practitioner and not an obgyn? I should gamble with my life? Biko, Mbah, am not interested in trying him out. You can try him if you want. Like I said, I did my homework.

That bathroom slippers I waka with file finish!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kaakaa(f): 11:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
ozycy:

Let me interrupt the debate once again. For oakbend peeps, while paying for brown and associates bill for mother and child, ask for discount. Even though the bill is usually small, less than $150 most times, der is discount for self pay. I was given $113.50 for mother and child bill but I asked for discount and ended up paying $67.50. Firsttymum I know this info will be so so useful to you grin. This is the number I called 713 559 6929. Oya munch it asap lol.

Great....Thanks for the info....bills coming down.... grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:01am On Oct 27, 2015
justwise:

How we know that the person telling the story haven't used the hospital?
Oh that's pretty easy.
Those of us who ported have shared our poe experiences ... We almost always share our remaining experience especially if it's something new from cost breakdown to baby document. Like for example Ozycy just shared a good way to pay discount for a certain bill. If you haven't used the hospital the statement is not personalized... It's more like I just contacted this Hospital or my host just suggested this Hospital and the quote is bla bla bla... It's different from I'm completed my missionary journey and this were my cost breakdown and bla bla bla or I used so so and so Hosp last year and my breakdown is this this or this.. My experience was bla bla bla

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nasadiva: 1:02am On Oct 27, 2015
ozycy:
Let me interrupt the debate small.
I just bought my infant ticket in Airfrance office in Abuja for #25140. I called their US office and before I could say jack, d lady booked the ticket for $609 for round trip and told me to pay when I get to d airport. After some days, I called them back to cancel the reservation which they did, den someone went to der abj office and bot the infant ticket for me Yippee!
In summary, thou MUST not buy infant ticket from US office, thou MUST send someone to buy from their naija office. grin

Again it depends on the airline. I bought my baby's ticket in America and it cost me 67 dollars only.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shelly23: 1:18am On Oct 27, 2015
Same here, I got a quote of $81 and eventually paid $150+ cos I changed dates.

Nasadiva:

Again it depends on the airline. I bought my baby's ticket in America and it cost me 67 dollars only.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Vlesparza: 1:43am On Oct 27, 2015
Bisoye82:
Good evening my people.
Please I noticed that doctoresparati has changed from Del Sol to Sierra Medical Centre and when I compared the 2 hospitals on healthgrades it seems Del Sol has more awards and recognition.
My question is for mama's and papa's in El paso recently and currently; is there much difference between the 2 hospitals because from past threads everyone has nice reviews about Del Sol.
Looking forward to your opinions and updates.
Thanks

Both hospitals are raked the same in maternity services. Prices are also confirmed to be the same.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anizi(f): 2:06am On Oct 27, 2015
ozycy:
Let me interrupt the debate small.
I just bought my infant ticket in Airfrance office in Abuja for #25140. I called their US office and before I could say jack, d lady booked the ticket for $609 for round trip and told me to pay when I get to d airport. After some days, I called them back to cancel the reservation which they did, den someone went to der abj office and bot the infant ticket for me Yippee!
In summary, thou MUST not buy infant ticket from US office, thou MUST send someone to buy from their naija office. grin
I dont think the cost has anything to do with the location where the ticket is bought. I bought my babys ticket at houston airport in the US for $62 (emirates), d same lady who sold it for me at $62 first quoted almost $400 to me, with the excuse that the ticket has to be tied to mine, i refused on the ground that i bought mine months ago, and their site says infant ticket fee is 10% of the adult fare for the travel date, and besides am allowed to buy a one way ticket as am going to my home country. She tire for me oh, by force she sold it at $62 when she realized i knew what i was saying/doing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anizi(f): 2:21am On Oct 27, 2015
neks31:

Lemme vouch for her a little! When I got Preggy I was torn btw OKC, Dallas and MD UNTILL I came here to discover about cheaper packages in Houston n after reading people stories with their host I made up my mind to stay solo... so that could be her case n just maybe she is confused!! Even as I've concluded arrangement n daycare service in Houston if I see a cheap package in my initial place I planned I will port and rent an apartment! So let's give her d benefit of doubt.. Meanwhile my scan showed I have cyst in my left ovary n I'm having minor pains d doc is positive but am freaking out n dr Google isn't helping at all

Sorry about the pain, but no need to freak out, all will be well. Right from the inception of my pregnancy i had cyst, infact it was the pain that led me to discover i was pregnant. I had 8 in my right ovary and 5 in the left, you can imagine my agony then, every night i end up in er, i had to spend the 1st 3 months on admission, the dr was waiting for me to say i give up, u can take the pregnancy out now, but i did not. It will be over soon, the pain is nothing compared to the joy of holding your baby is

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anizi(f): 2:26am On Oct 27, 2015
ozycy:

Let me interrupt the debate once again. For oakbend peeps, while paying for brown and associates bill for mother and child, ask for discount. Even though the bill is usually small, less than $150 most times, der is discount for self pay. I was given $113.50 for mother and child bill but I asked for discount and ended up paying $67.50. Firsttymum I know this info will be so so useful to you grin. This is the number I called 713 559 6929. Oya munch it asap lol.
Please how did you get your bill, was it mailed to you or did you have to call them to get it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anizi(f): 2:39am On Oct 27, 2015
anizi:

Sorry about the pain, but no need to freak out, all will be well. Right from the inception of my pregnancy i had cyst, infact it was the pain that led me to discover i was pregnant. I had 8 in my right ovary and 5 in the left, you can imagine my agony then, every night i end up in er, i had to spend the 1st 3 months on admission, the dr was waiting for me to say i give up, u can take the pregnancy out now, but i did not. It will be over soon, the pain is nothing compared to the joy of holding your baby is
As the pregnancy progresses, the cyst shrinks and the pain reduces. Take a lot of fluid
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amother4life: 2:41am On Oct 27, 2015
I was under the impression that nairaland makes its money bringing together as big of an audience as possible and then selling that audience's attention to advertisers.It's a business concept that works. Facebook brings in billions in revenue each year. They don't go about micro managing the thousands of groups on their website. If Facebook started charging users, or micro managing topics its membership would start shrinking fast -- and so would its revenues.
So, while Facebook may charge you for certain bonus features, such as gifts for your friends, or credits to play games like Farmville, it will never charge for basic access to the site or censor free speech.We all use google every single day and we don't pay a cent. Why should the people on nairaland micro manage information sourced solely by the users who are willing to share that information? The users are the reason nairaland exist and not the other way around.
Why then do people worry nairaland might start charging soon? Probably because nairaland users feel like they're getting something valuable for free, and everybody knows there's no such thing as a free lunch.
Just remember: The fact that we keep coming back to nairaland makes it easier for nairaland to sell more ads -- and make more money
Let JW and his team continue to source for their adverts but not on the backs of preggies who have spent their hard earned money to get the information and are well within their right to share if they so wish. We all have FREE email accounts and Yahoo,Gmail, AOL etc don't micro manage what you can send or receive either. People review products bought from amazon and actually suggest alternatives with links without any form of censorship from amazon. I thank God everyday that Google and YouTube do not belong to a group of people who would micro manage everything we could do on those platforms. There is a saying...He who burns down his house knows why ashes cost a fortune. Ma 1kobo grin

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 2:42am On Oct 27, 2015
anizi:

Please how did you get your bill, was it mailed to you or did you have to call them to get it?
I called and told them I wanted to pay my bill, I paid tru phone even though she said my bill has been mailed to me. I told her I can't wait for the mail to get to me as am traveling soon and have to get my zero balance as soon as possible.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 2:46am On Oct 27, 2015
Nasadiva:

Lucky you, some pple ain't that lucky. I called and dey gave me a quote of $609. I had to do the Naija route as I don't want to get to the airport and receive surprises. Am using Airfrance.
I think it also depends on the airline too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 3:24am On Oct 27, 2015
Appointment terminated. ..
New INEC chairman named. tongue... non partisan. .lol

nefertitiram:
Yes I do.
Testimonial posts should include:
Visa procedure
POE experience
Name of Doc
Name of Hosp
Costs
Processes involved eg how bills were pd, discounts, getting baby papers etc.

The suspicious posts of "I found a place in toronto for $300, PM me for details" can be hidden
It's either you share or you don't share, not half half info or I heard bout this hosp or this doc with no first hand info can be hidden at your discretion.

The agents taking info and selling it as their packages, there is nothing you can do about it. It's part of the downside.

I hope I have spoken as Jega, and will be able to pacify both sides.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chicagomum: 3:57am On Oct 27, 2015
This is same thing Justwise is talking about. Reviews should be based on first hand experience and not from friends or church members. I am suprised that you dont have a first hand experience with Dr. A. was of the impression you used him based on your stance shocked

nefertitiram:

Am not interested in him whatsoever. I did my homework well and was not happy with hearing first hand reports of how some women were made to pay outrageous bills upon transferred from his care due to complications to other hospitals. And abandons them to their fate.
This my precious baby? I should gamble with her because I want to test a doc with such reviews?

The same doctor that ejisky claimed took her delivery at home, in America? What happened to 911 na!

Or a doc that is a qualified general practitioner and not an obgyn? I should gamble with my life? Biko, Mbah, am not interested in trying him out. You can try him if you want. Like I said, I did my homework.

That bathroom slippers I waka with file finish!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by toparie: 4:44am On Oct 27, 2015
Congratulations Shawlar. May God bless your little one

[quote author=shawlar post=39359362]I have fought the good fight and I've finished the raceā€¦. - (@ least season 1 cheesy)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 27, 2015
justwise:
Ok I have gone through all the posts here and it boils down to the sort of info to share.

Let me start by saying thank you for having a rethink. That is what 'leadership' is all about.

Now, to your concerns. . .

justwise:
Somebody talked about Dr's review but I don't know how that will workout because two people may use the same Dr but come out with two different experiences. In such case it will be difficult to review that Dr.

I honestly don't think this is a big problem. Different people have different expectations and experiences from their Drs/hospitals. I guess that is why they are called reviews. There is no one hospital/Dr that will have only positive/negative reviews. If there is one, then it is most likely a scam. Some people had very bad reviews of MIHS, some others, good reviews, but some of us still went ahead to use them. Again, different expectations, different experiences. It is left for who ever is interested to do her homework thoroughly.

justwise:
Yes people will benefit from sharing hospital cost and names but I have issue with people sharing price quotes they recieved privately from a hospital/ Dr then ask people to PM them for that Dr's contact details.

This brings us to the "sharing info here openly" campaign. I remember vividly that you used to hide such posts in part 1 and always encouraged us to share whatever info we had here and that made that part a huge success. Why isn't that obtainable anymore? JW, let's be honest here. With all due respect, you may have contributed to the reason some posters here go the PM route with your recent policy. I mean, if you say one shouldn't share such info here openly cos it won't be fair on the paid ads, then people must have a way around it. PM beckons.

justwise:
I also have problem with people who recommend Dr and hospital they never used purely because they will get discounts for introducing more clients.

If someone hasn't posted the minutest of info here and just comes from no where to recommend a Dr/hospital, they are suspects. Such posts should be hidden and if found quilty, they incur a ban.

justwise:
Like I said before the issue is not about sharing info as some keep saying but how much info is the issue here.

Anybody with suggestions how to strike a balance here?

JW, you moderated the part 1 of this thread successfully and if you ask me, nothing much has changed. We have always had agents and commision folks like we have now, but we managed to rise above them all. The ones we caught out got banned. The ones that were just suspects got their posts hidden. Fair enough.

Is there anything we can do to totally stop agents from participating here? I doubt, as some of the very popular ones are amongst them. We can only manage the situation and warn newbies not to fall prey.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 6:50am On Oct 27, 2015
Chicagomum:
This is same thing Justwise is talking about. Reviews should be based on first hand experience and not from friends or church members. I am suprised that you dont have a first hand experience with Dr. A. was of the impression you used him based on your stance shocked

Please read Justwise posts well, the go back historically to read my initial post on him and my pertinent question.
Anybody with sense will review the doctor and make a judgement. Why should I allow a general practitioner operate on me? Why should a doctor rush from wherever he is to take a delivery at home if ejisky's story is true and not made up though? In America? What happened to calling 911? The people with bad experiences are not goats, two experiences first hand I'm aware of. And I wonder why you are still looking for a doc in chicago.

I reviewed the doctor I used eventually, and her resume is impeccable. Did I have first hand experience with her before opting for her? Do you see me here sharing her details?
She is a director of obgyn in one of the best medical schools in America if not in the world.
She is not desperate for patients and I am keeping her close to my chest,n because for the kind of personalised care I got from that woman, I don't have the words.

Did I do bad by warning people about a particular doc? If I was selling another doc by demarketing him, Ehen, you can say I have other plans. Common sense will warn you that when you hear a doc did not show up for delivery after collecting money, or transferring a complicated case after collecting money and offering no refund. It was even in my presence the family sent some money to try to offset the new hospitals bill.
Please go and use him and proceed at your own risk. I considered sharing my doc with you when you get to chicago, dat is why I asked if you were in chicago yet but please darling, use Dr A just to prove me wrong. kiss

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chicagomum: 7:01am On Oct 27, 2015
@ Nef your epistle na bible o. I meant no harm. The comment below is the reason i made the comment I made. I also think we should trash out the review issue. @ Justwise please confirm if reviews should be based on third party or personal experience when eventually this whole bruhaha is sorted out.

justwise:

That is not always the issue hence my concern, some use 3rd party experience to review a Dr. If it's based on personal experiences then there is no prob.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 7:09am On Oct 27, 2015
No P,
Biko use Dr.A and get your own personal first hand experience, at least people sign up for clinical trials.

Best of luck with that.

Chicagomum:
@ Nef your epistle na bible o. I meant no harm. The comment below is the reason i made the comment I made. I also think we should trash out the review issue. @ Justwise please confirm if reviews should be based on third party or personal experience when eventually this whole bruhaha is sorted out.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chicagomum: 7:18am On Oct 27, 2015
I got a deal that is in sink with my budget. Will definitely share my experience after my American dream is achieved grin. Have a nice day. Kisses to your LO.

nefertitiram:

No P,
Biko use Dr.A and get your own personal first hand experience, at least people sign up for clinical trials.

Best of luck with that.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 7:23am On Oct 27, 2015
Awesome.
Glad that worked out for you.

Safe trip dear. I would have suggested you avoid Chicago POE, but I have no first hand experience about their treatment, although I know people who did, including my sister modath but what the heck? What do I even know undecided

Chicagomum:
I got a deal that is in sink with my budget. Will definitely share my experience after my American dream is achieved grin. Have a nice day. Kisses to your LO.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 7:30am On Oct 27, 2015
anizi:

My dear so thankful for the info cos I've done cyst assimilation before I got preg and now 2 on left and one on d right n d right one is painful esp if I sleep on my right hand side... I just hope the docs in America don't group me under high risk pregnancy and increase my bills too!! Thanks at least I feel better knowing it is pretty normal!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 7:37am On Oct 27, 2015
shawlar:

chai.... and I don pay my own bill oo.... cry cry - lolz
see as i miss almost 50% discount
Anywayz, diarisgod grin grin

But it was clear on dr fagbohun's sheet that they give 40 percent discount undecided

I got discount from even the pediatrician, Nics billing office
The only people I dint get any discount from must be greater Houston anaest that one is with abeg they even sent bill in the first place
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 7:41am On Oct 27, 2015
Chicagomum:

I didn't have any intention of saying anything anymore but you can't beat someone over the head with info she has 1st hand on, moreover this is a place she spent months on end!

You are defending a DR that is a famous in the naija cycle for bailing out & directing people to use govt assistance... He is lucky his main client base is Nigerian

We didn't stay with other NL mamas we were integrated into the Northside /Evanston naija cycle so it is not dem say.. We know what we are talkin about..

Taking delivery at home in a country such as US is story for the gods!!

Like nef said, don't look for dr in chicago anymore, you can use DR A & shut us all up with your review (with evidence)...

Nb-- before you respond to me, cool down well think am, I no go settle body down respond oooo. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 7:57am On Oct 27, 2015
Phema....thumbs up!!!!!!!

Everything you have said echoes my exact sentiments

Infact in part one, justwise use to hide posts that had anything 'pm' me. I used to wish he would come moderate the ttc forum so bad

Cuz of the way agents and drs were taking advantage of vulnerable women, same way it has become on this thread now because of the active promotion of pms

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 7:59am On Oct 27, 2015
favoredgal:

But it was clear on dr f sheet that they give 40 percent discount undecided

I got discount from even the pediatrician, Nics billing office
The only people I dint get any discount from must be greater Houston anaest that one is with abeg they even sent bill in the first place
so how much did u end up paying in d nice billing office?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 8:01am On Oct 27, 2015
firsttymum:
so how much did u end up paying in d nice billing office?

I have to check my receipts. About 900 but my baby went to nicu for jaundice tho
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 8:06am On Oct 27, 2015
Chicagomum:
@ Nef your epistle na bible o. I meant no harm. The comment below is the reason i made the comment I made. I also think we should trash out the review issue. Justwise please confirm if reviews should be based on third party or personal experience when eventually this whole bruhaha is sorted out.
Hmmmm When u say third party u sound like the person isn't human.... that's another person's experience it cld b a family member for all u care... At least if one goes ahead despite the warning or review u know what u r signing up for, plus u r more prepared.... This thing is someone's life and baby's life at stake. reviews are good but it's how an individual wanna handle it that now matters.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chicagomum: 8:14am On Oct 27, 2015
Madam I am not defending anybody. Moreover the crux of my message has bin highlighted. Should reviews be via ist hand experience or ist hand experience and third party. Thats where we are now and thats what I expect you to comment on not draging me back to an issue that Nef has trashed out.

modath:

I didn't have any intention of saying anything anymore but you can't beat someone over the head with info she has 1st hand on, moreover this is a place she spent months on end!

You are defending a DR that is a famous in the naija cycle for bailing out & directing people to use govt assistance... He is lucky his main client base is Nigerian

We didn't stay with other NL mamas we were integrated into the Northside /Evanston naija cycle so it is not dem say.. We know what we are talkin about..

Taking delivery at home in a country such as US is story for the gods!!

Like nef said, don't look for dr in chicago anymore, you can use DR A & shut us all up with your review (with evidence)...

Nb-- before you respond to me, cool down well think am, I no go settle body down respond oooo. grin

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 8:16am On Oct 27, 2015
favoredgal:
Phema....thumbs up!!!!!!!

Everything you have said echoes my exact sentiments

Infact in part one, justwise use to hide posts that had anything 'pm' me. I used to wish he would come moderate the ttc forum so bad

Cuz of the way agents and drs were taking advantage of vulnerable women, same way it has become on this thread now because of the active promotion of pms

Have an E kiss kiss, that TTC forum needs a Mod bad bad, too many leeches & parasites on that thread!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chicagomum: 8:18am On Oct 27, 2015
Please read Justwise's comments. He raised the issue about 3rd party reviews. I want him to consider the Dr/ Hospital review angle in his policy update so that we are all clear.

firsttymum:
Hmmmm When u say third party u sound like the person isn't human.... that's another person's experience it cld b a family member for all u care... At least if one goes ahead despite the warning or review u know what u r signing up for, plus u r more prepared.... This thing is someone's life and baby's life at stake. reviews are good but it's how an individual wanna handle it that now matters.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.