Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (854343 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 5:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
olokings:
#shawzy I see u lurking in d background. .....
Who's carrying mini-shaw

Haba..,
can't I hold him and be lurking... - its called multi-tasking grin
Anywayz, mini-shawlar dey sleep jare....
He'll soon wake up for anoda round of suckin - the thin no dey tire d guy. cheesy

How far with ur peeps..?? r dey back yet..?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Cuteaidomo: 5:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
@firsttymum pls I posted a msg on the other thread dat requires ur attention. Kindly help respond pls. God bles u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kiboe: 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Restore a little decorum because you're not the only pregnant mother with hormones here. Don't worry you won't here from me again regardless, even if you abuse my papa!!!

U need to chill tho!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 6:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Restore a little decorum because you're not the only pregnant mother with hormones here. Don't worry you won't here from me again regardless, even if you abuse my papa!!!

#byeFelicia

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
kiboe:

U need to chill tho!

No Troubles. Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 9:59pm On Oct 27, 2015
bbaby84:

Funny you mentioned Dr. Iwuh. I've heard nothing but great things about him.
With the CS ish... I've never been told that but the 1st was an ECS and the repeat I couldn't even eat (anxiety). I'm sure you'll be fine once you follow doctor's orders.
All the best.

Dr Iwuh was my dr at premier for my last baby, was very helpful when i was TTC-ing too....great dr..

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
shawlar:

yeah, but I thought they had already applied the discount.., like the NICS bill. I also received discounts 4rm the others. The anaesthologist bill hadn't arrived b4 I left even after many many calls.. My host is still on it though and would let me know when she receives it

just checked my reciept. i paid $606 for NICs....baby stayed 3 days and was treated for Jaundice . for The anaesthologist bill, i paid over the phone, the day i finally got thru to someone and they sent me my zero balance promptly. the person's email that sent the zero balance is Candice.Morris@usap.com

i remember they said after a month the $850 discount wont apply agaion and you will have to pay the full fee, which going by the reciept i got then (2014) was $5,940

hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by toparie: 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
She's awesome... Thriving by the grace of God. Her vigilante is real... Hehe

shawlar:

thanks alot toparie.. how is ur gal doing..??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shelly23: 11:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
Dr Iwuh is a certified G! My second favorite premiere hosp doctor after Papa Oshinowo.

bbaby84:

Funny you mentioned Dr. Iwuh. I've heard nothing but great things about him.
With the CS ish... I've never been told that but the 1st was an ECS and the repeat I couldn't even eat (anxiety). I'm sure you'll be fine once you follow doctor's orders.
All the best.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by maswii: 11:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hello all, (warning this post is really long )

If you're thinking of avoiding Chicago POE, that's a good decision . If you want to use Chicago, have all the documents in the world and pray hard

Arrived at Chicago POE at about 4pm few days ago. Queue wasn't so bad or maybe it moved fast

When I got towards the front, a uniformed lady asked ; pregnant? (I was almost like are you blind?) , I said yes and she said queue here. I was the only one waiting for that CBP. She passed a family without issues , so my hopes went up

>>>
CBP: why are you here
Me: childbirth and vacation
CBP: did you tell them at the embassy you'd be having a baby
Me: yes
CBP: how far along are you
Me: told her
CBP: so why did the plane fly you that far along
Me: my doctor certified me fit to fly
CBP: traveling alone ?
CBP: how about your husband
Me: he's joining me later
CBP: what happened to all the hospitals in Nigeria , you want citizen baby (frowning her face)
Me: Goof healthcare bla bla (totally ignored my answer)
CBP: finger prints and picture ....
Stand over there I need you to go for another inspection

I stood looking very random with no one attending to me . I stood there for like 10 minutes , then she came out of her station and said follow me

Took me into one area, just before entering there , she and another guy said turn off your phone now and put in your bag

Sat down and then officers kept coming out to call people
I was called maybe after 20mins or so

Went into a small room with a lady

Why are you here
Me: To give birth (skipped vacation this time)
How far along are you
Me: told her
Have you contacted any doctor
Can you show me proof of that
Me: yes, brought out my envelope and was trying to fish out doc corr and she said please hand the entire envelope
She starts ,
Envelope had : doc corr , statements of accounts ,receipt of part payments , letter from my office that I'm on Mat leave and how much my total annual is , invitation letter from my hosts , copy of my marriage certificate , Naija hospital medical report, my marriage cert copy....

She reads all line by line, Then she asks at some point , how much cash do you have.
Me: 4K
She asks to see it and she counts it

Then she says I feel you can pay for normal delivery but not a CS section, I said check my statements well and I still receive my salary while I'm away since my leave is approved.

She asks me my account balance and I told her for both accounts,

Then she sees my phone that I brought out while trying to get the envelope and said can I have the phone, turn it on and unlock please

She took it and told me to you back to the waiting area

After like 20mins she came out and gave me my passport , stamped B2 till April 2016.

The guy that told me to put off my phone at the entrance took my passport and said , who stays at this addres (the one on my landing card), i told him.
Are they aware of your birthing plan, I said yes. Another officer came to distract him and he handed me my passport.

I ran o. Picked my bag, wasn't opened at agriculture .

This is the end of my epistle

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nasadiva: 1:58am On Oct 28, 2015
favoredgal:

just checked my reciept. i paid $606 for NICs....baby stayed 3 days and was treated for Jaundice . for The anaesthologist bill, i paid over the phone, the day i finally got thru to someone and they sent me my zero balance promptly. the person's email that sent the zero balance is Candice.Morris@usap.com

i remember they said after a month the $850 discount wont apply agaion and you will have to pay the full fee, which going by the reciept i got then (2014) was $5,940

hope this helps.
s

Just a piece of advice based on my experience with this NICS, "SHINE UR EYES WELAAA". I got a bill of a little over 1k with a discount of 20% making it about 842. The first line of the bill said I am charged 326 for dr that witnessed the delivery, and another 214 for physical examination of the newborn after birth.

I was not pleased with that and I asked who requested their presence for a scheduled uncomplicated CS/pregnancy, and I was told my doc did cos my baby was overweight. I was sure that there is something fishy cos my baby came 7 pounds and 8 ounces.

I later asked my doc after going through the video of the delivery cos of the doubt I had, I never saw another face aside the nurses and the anesthetic Drs. My Dr confirmed she never requested for their presence and nobody actually came for the delivery from them and my baby was not overweight She called them instantly luckily she knows the lady that claimed she attended the delivery. She asked that the Dr should call her within 24 hrs and till date the Dr never called neither has NICS contacted me over the bill.

I have gone ahead to pay for the others including hearing test which they could justify, awaiting the outcome of the drama cos my Dr took up the case and I guess management has been informed.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbiz: 4:11am On Oct 28, 2015
allen0000:

Thanks BBIZ,

You are welcome! Hope I was able to help you with my experience?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 5:59am On Oct 28, 2015
maswii:
Hello all, (warning this post is really long )

If you're thinking of avoiding Chicago POE, that's a good decision . If you want to use Chicago, have all the documents in the world and pray hard

Arrived at Chicago POE at about 4pm few days ago. Queue wasn't so bad or maybe it moved fast

When I got towards the front, a uniformed lady asked ; pregnant? (I was almost like are you blind?) , I said yes and she said queue here. I was the only one waiting for that CBP. She passed a family without issues , so my hopes went up

I ran o. Picked my bag, wasn't opened at agriculture .

This is the end of my epistle

If chicago POE legally could without repercussions, they'd deport & cancel visas of preggys, they detest the blue pali thing...

Thank God for conquering their bias.. Safe delivery.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by tober888(m): 6:13am On Oct 28, 2015
MayMaj:
Gud morn pple...

Me and my wahala Sha, make una no vex ooo @ justwise and Co. Promise not to mention hospital again..

Got a very gud deal in California where the cost of everything including doctors fee is less than 5000...

Mummies considering California should PM me. I hope am not violating a rule here again ooo.
@Maymaj Please can you help me with the details of the deal you got in California as my wife is leaving this weekend.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 6:49am On Oct 28, 2015
Vlesparza:

Both hospitals are raked the same in maternity services. Prices are also confirmed to be the same.

Thanks smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 7:05am On Oct 28, 2015
Nasadiva:
s

Just a piece of advice based on my experience with this NICS, "shine your eyes welaaa". .

Wow, that's crazy. Hope this is sorted out asap
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yuddiepro: 7:49am On Oct 28, 2015
tober888:

@Maymaj Please can you help me with the details of the deal you got in California as my wife is leaving this weekend.

@Tober888 please what part of California is ur wife going to? I'm also aa California bound mama but precisely San Jose
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olagirl(f): 7:52am On Oct 28, 2015
hello Momma,

Am headed to Atlanta, using either Emory or Northside I havent decided, I will like to know if theres any Mum, that had to remove a cerclage sticth in the past or is removing with this present pregnancy at a US hospital.. Are there extra charges for this service?, If so how much were you charged?...If there's any Atlanta Doc that removed the stictch..Please i will like the info of your experience and doctors contact if possible.

Thanks Alot, will be expecting your replies.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by tober888(m): 8:21am On Oct 28, 2015
yuddiepro:

@Tober888 please what part of California is ur wife going to? I'm also aa California bound mama but precisely San Jose

@yuddiepro, she going to LA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yokus(f): 8:58am On Oct 28, 2015
Pls does anyone know the travelex rates of late. Been trying to google their contacts, but im not getting any useful info. Pls post their number if you have it and is there a maximum amount you can buy from them at the airport? Thanks in advance.
@OlaGirl- i know a good Dr in Atl but i dont rly understand the new policies here oo. I used him for my 2 kids, though im porting to Tex for the 3rd, i would have used him a 3rd time. I tnk i have seen his name here before Dr.Soyoola. google him for more info i guess.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 9:27am On Oct 28, 2015
[quote author=maswii post=39432008]Hello all, (warning this post is really long )

I[b][/b]f you're thinking of avoiding Chicago POE, that's a good decision . If you want to use Chicago, have all the documents in the world and pray hard[b][/b]

na wa for this Chicago POE! Even if I have host there I won't go there o before person go born for airport! See tension and High blood pressure. angry @maswii thank God you scaled through. My sis in law that wasn't even preggie was kept for so long that she missed her connecting flight. They said she had no plans of going back to naija cos she had only her hand luggage undecided . Some 1 that went solely for shopping. Tufiakwa for that ORD POE. My liver no reach.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by missusadey: 9:27am On Oct 28, 2015
@firsttymum...can you give us the secret to getting cheap tickets now? grin thank youuu
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by adetboy: 9:51am On Oct 28, 2015
@shayo5,

Pls if you get to read this,kindly contact me on mails2adet@yahoo.com.

I read somewhere in part 2 tht you used Arlington Med Center earlier this year. I really have so much to benefit from ur experience as my wiffy is planning to use same place by February.

Kindly holler me pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olagirl(f): 9:52am On Oct 28, 2015
yokus:
Pls does anyone know the travelex rates of late. Been trying to google their contacts, but im not getting any useful info. Pls post their number if you have it and is there a maximum amount you can buy from them at the airport? Thanks in advance.
@OlaGirl- i know a good Dr in Atl but i dont rly understand the new policies here oo. I used him for my 2 kids, though im porting to Tex for the 3rd, i would have used him a 3rd time. I tnk i have seen his name here before Dr.Soyoola. google him for more info i guess.

Thanks @yokus... I just did a quick search on him. Unfortunately, he is affiliated with Gwinnet medical center.That hospital is too expensive jare.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 10:14am On Oct 28, 2015
@twingirls i found 306k for united...i think i will just go ahead and buy o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by missusadey: 10:45am On Oct 28, 2015
favoredgal:

@favoredgal...I'd advise you to buy ooo. I've been seeing delta direct to ATL for 385k.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 28, 2015
olagirl:

Thanks @yokus... I just did a quick search on him. Unfortunately, he is affiliated with Gwinnet medical center.That hospital is too expensive jare.
talk to him, he might link you up with a doctor in northside,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Moyinoluwa83: 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
@Olagirl. I used Northpointe Obgyn and had my baby at Northside Hospital in Alpharetta Atl in December 2014. You can check shawbabes post on Atlanta
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Miracletwinee: 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2015
olagirl:
hello Momma,
Am headed to Atlanta, using either Emory or Northside I havent decided, I will like to know if theres any Mum, that had to remove a cerclage sticth in the past or is removing with this present pregnancy at a US hospital.. Are there extra charges for this service?, If so how much were you charged?...If there's any Atlanta Doc that removed the stictch..Please i will like the info of your experience and doctors contact if possible.
Thanks Alot, will be expecting your replies.
[quote author=olagirl post=39436980]
Hello house I like the recent debate on whether to post Dr's and hospital review or not.Thank God oga juswise finally listened to the voice of wisdom.the first and last time I posted here was when the issue of Dr F was making waves here and I tried to give my first hand info about the issue but unfortunately juswise decided to hide the post for whatever reason.i hope you will not hide this one oooo na only me waka come I no be agent oooo.
I had a set of twins and I had to do a cerclage in Naija before traveling. It was removed by the doctor in the theater just before the CS.in order to save cost because if it has to be removed before delivery you will have to pay a fortune they will bill you as if you are having a surgery and your delivery package does not cover this. I used Oakbend and there was no extra charge for the removal.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 2:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
favoredgal:

Hi dear Pls can u gimme the email addy u sent your letter of intent to!! I just got an automated message from them regarding another issue when I sent mine.. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 3:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
neks31:

Hi dear Pls can u gimme the email addy u sent your letter of intent to!! I just got an automated message from them regarding another issue when I sent mine.. Thanks

i dint do letter of intent o! i got a medical visa but the email to send letter of intent to is LagosNIV@state.gov and if they have sent an automated response, they will still send another response before the end of the week (i think)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82