Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853885 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by queenestty: 11:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
Thanks omogedudu99 as in after signing, by the side I state mother right? As the relationship.

I appreciate.

omogedudu99:

One of the parents would sign on behalf of the child and state relationship. My hubby signed for our son on the US passport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Peaceful2016(f): 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
Counting down to travel date, even though its still a bit far. I'm headed to Houston in January. I plan to use HNMC & Dr Xydas... Any moms headed to HNMC in January? I'll be sure to post POE experience as well as hospital info later...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:43pm On Oct 28, 2015
Peaceful2016:
You can also check aeroland travels... I was able to get a slightly cheaper ticket on their site than on other sites i checked

Hmmmm I said don't quote post... Modify pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by back2dmatter: 12:05am On Oct 29, 2015
Congrats shawlar

Please help answer these questions:

1) Did you buy a one way or return ticket for mini-shawlar to Nigeria?

2) Was his ticket booked using his US passport info or ETC or both?

3) Did the US immigration officials give you any issues on you using ETC rather than naija visa for ur baby's trip outside US

Please respond.

Thanks.

shawlar:
I have fought the good fight and I've finished the race…. - (@ least season 1 cheesy)

Dear N/landers, Many thanks for all your useful tips, suggestions and info. I have completed my tour of duty @ the front and returned home with the spoils... wink I received mini-shawlar’s ETC on Monday and flew back to Nigeria on Tuesday (20/10) using United. I had called them 2 days earlier to request a bassinet & they upgraded wifey and I to economy plus seats cos of that. They didn’t upgrade my mother’s seat though and when I got to the airport and requested for them to do so, the airline official said it’ll cost $159 . I just told her not to worry cos I could see the seating chart and realized there were lots of unassigned seats. At the end of the day, the flight was just over half-full and there were a lot of empty seats, so I just did self-upgrade wink grin.
The flight was smooth and uneventful. The immigration officer @ MMA II didn’t even ask for my baby’s documents;when she had finished stamping all 3 passports (mum, wifey & I), she just waved us along; I had to open the etc which was folded and wave it in her face saying ‘how about this?’ She went, ‘oh, for the baby?’ and then she took it, stamped and kept it. (I still have a photocopy though)

Special thanks to phema, favoredgal, nasadiva, nogen, anonymousmum and of course firstty, nefertitiram and the 3-star general - @olokings
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bmanbaba: 12:19am On Oct 29, 2015
@all. Please help o. I have being trying to get correspondence from hospital in new York for a while now, but I av not been successful with it. I keep calling different ones that i got here and the ones I browsed . some of them are saying they can't send mail outside the US. Please help me out o, or am I going about it the wrong way? They all don't have email address and wen I callbthe phone number, they tell me their fees but immediately I tell them to help me send it to my box,that the end. Please is there a particular way to go about this or could anyone help with an email address or sumtin. Please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ChyG: 2:53am On Oct 29, 2015
olokings:
ChyG ur pm is returning failure delivery. .

Ask away ryt here

Okay sir. Trust you are doing great. Sorry to bother you. I want to go for ETC and thus need info on how to go about it. Kindly assist a sis. You may reach me via crestpointsolicitors@gmail.com thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 3:01am On Oct 29, 2015
Done did it. ...

ChyG:

Okay sir. Trust you are doing great. Sorry to bother you. I want to go for ETC and thus need info on how to go about it. Kindly assist a sis. You may reach me via crestpointsolicitors@gmail.com thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ChyG: 3:10am On Oct 29, 2015
olokings:
Done did it. ...

Thanks you sir.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 3:34am On Oct 29, 2015
Shawlar ur infant ticket was it from naija u did it or in Houston? How many weeks or days before travel day? I'm guessing it was at that point u requested for bassinet
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Enyinne(f): 4:55am On Oct 29, 2015
Thank God for a successful delivery of my baby girl today WHMC via c-section . May all glory go to our Lord Jesus. I will give my testimony when I am discharged over d bill.

28 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by freshfarid: 5:19am On Oct 29, 2015
Well done house, I greet you all. Thank you very much for keeping this thread alive. Na so I waka come back come ds thread as I'm planning another missionary journey. Had my DS in Elpaso but want to explore another place this time. @beryl15, i'd like to get more details from you.Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by queenestty: 5:26am On Oct 29, 2015
This na on the infant ticket matter ooo. I thought infant on a parent lap it's free, though withot luggage. This 10% on adult fair is it a must. I beg make una correct me pls if I think wrong.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happychild15: 5:41am On Oct 29, 2015
grin CONGRATULATIONS. I responded to your pm but didn't get a reply from you.

quote author=Enyinne post=39469415]Thank God for a successful delivery of my baby girl today WHMC via c-section . May all glory go to our Lord Jesus. I will give my testimony when I am discharged over d bill. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happychild15: 5:43am On Oct 29, 2015
grin I shall share my stories soon (when LO is here)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yokus(f): 5:56am On Oct 29, 2015
You are right, he is patient, probably cos he is a lil elderly, but wait, this one that every1 is saying expensive n i was feeling Gwinnet is moderately priced, biko, how much does Emory, n the other hosp collect, i felt Northside was expensive, cos Gwinnet gvs 40% off if paid in full n on time. (@ola)

Though expensive- Very good Doctor, had a nice experience at Gwinnett too[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 6:02am On Oct 29, 2015
Enyinne:
Thank God for a successful delivery of my baby girl today WHMC via c-section . May all glory go to our Lord Jesus. I will give my testimony when I am discharged over d bill.

Congratulations! God bless her.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 7:09am On Oct 29, 2015
For me o:
1; one way ticket
2: u use ur ticket n baby ticket to get the ETc
3: nobody at the airport checked anything only us passport, it is in Nigeria you tender the ETC. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A COPY

back2dmatter:
Congrats shawlar

Please help answer these questions:

1) Did you buy a one way or return ticket for mini-shawlar to Nigeria?

2) Was his ticket booked using his US passport info or ETC or both?

3) Did the US immigration officials give you any issues on you using ETC rather than naija visa for ur baby's trip outside US

Please respond.

Thanks.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 7:13am On Oct 29, 2015
queenestty:
This na on the infant ticket matter ooo. I thought infant on a parent lap it's free, though withot luggage. This 10% on adult fair is it a must. I beg make una correct me pls if I think wrong.

Within US it is free.
Internationally, it is 10% of adult fare
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Fruitilicious: 7:59am On Oct 29, 2015
Hello people, so I had my 3rd baby in NJ May 2014. Fast forward to October 2015, we(hubby and 1st two kids) all applied for visas via drop-box and we where called for an interview even though hubby and I used the previous visa for vacation April this year. Interview was on Monday this week;

VO- Hello
Us-Goodmorning
VO- Why do you intend visiting the US?
Me-Vacation
VO-Where do you intend staying?
Me-NJ
VO-Why NJ?
Me-That's where we stayed last time and we loved it
VO-Where do you work?
Me-Self-employed
VO-How much income do you make monthly?
Me-I answered
Looks to hubby and asked same-where he works, how much he earns, how long he has been working for his current company
VO- We actually assumed your kids where in the US all along because the last time they traveled was in 2013 and you traveled in 2014 alone while you also both traveled April 2015 without them so we just wanted to sight them and approve your visas. Your visas has been approved, pick up on Thursday.
I was surprised as I went with all my proof of payments thinking that is all they wanted to see. I was so confident that our visas would be approved via drop-box as we used it for vacation after childbirth. Thank God it ended in praise

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 29, 2015
Good morning people,

I got PTA yesterday at Sterling bank at the rate of 199. I plan on going to travelex to get some more dollars. Does anyone know if am qualified for dollars from travelex bearing in mind that I just collected PTA from the bank?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Fruitilicious: 8:24am On Oct 29, 2015
bmanbaba:
@all. Please help o. I have being trying to get correspondence from hospital in new York for a while now, but I av not been successful with it. I keep calling different ones that i got here and the ones I browsed . some of them are saying they can't send mail outside the US. Please help me out o, or am I going about it the wrong way? They all don't have email address and wen I callbthe phone number, they tell me their fees but immediately I tell them to help me send it to my box,that the end. Please is there a particular way to go about this or could anyone help with an email address or sumtin. Please

Check page 21 of part 1...
I hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 8:38am On Oct 29, 2015
tosinajib:
Good morning people,

I got PTA yesterday at Sterling bank at the rate of 199. I plan on going to travelex to get some more dollars. Does anyone know if am qualified for dollars from travelex bearing in mind that I just collected PTA from the bank?
nope
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mamatukwas: 9:19am On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=yokus post=39469912]You are right, he is patient, probably cos he is a lil elderly, but wait, this one that every1 is saying expensive n i was feeling Gwinnet is moderately priced, biko,

@yokus: my dear, unless you have plenty disposable income I'd advice against Gwinnett. The experience there is lovely but their pricing was increased last year, is NOT straight forward, and their billing guys are bullies!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by back2dmatter: 9:50am On Oct 29, 2015
Thank you Nef.

But please help clarify - for booking ticket for ur baby, was it her US passport number details dat was used or just her ETC?

And which airline?

Sori for the plenty qs...

nefertitiram:
For me o:
1; one way ticket
2: u use ur ticket n baby ticket to get the ETc
3: nobody at the airport checked anything only us passport, it is in Nigeria you tender the ETC. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A COPY

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 10:16am On Oct 29, 2015
I used her US passport number to buy the ticket. After you get the ticket you send a copy to the agent to get the ETC.

Emirates airline

Modified:
No you don't need passport number to buy ticket. I only needed it to get dubaiconnecct from emirates

And you don't need passport number for ETC

In summary,
Processing the ETC is dependent on ticket and independent of the passport. Dre is no relationship

back2dmatter:
Thank you Nef.

But please help clarify - for booking ticket for ur baby, was it her US passport number details dat was used or just her ETC?

And which airline?

Sori for the plenty qs...

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by back2dmatter: 10:22am On Oct 29, 2015
Thanks for your quick reply.

nefertitiram:
I used her US passport number to buy the ticket. After you get the ticket you send a copy to the agent to get the ETC.

Emirates airline

Modified:
No you don't need passport number to buy ticket. I only needed it to get dubaiconnecct from emirates

And you don't need passport number for ETC

In summary,
Processing the ETC is dependent on ticket and independent of the passport. Dre is no relationship

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by missusadey: 10:25am On Oct 29, 2015
Thanks firsttymum
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by customised87: 10:48am On Oct 29, 2015
bmanbaba:

Goggle Wycoff hospital, get their contact and call. They email appointment and bill.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 11:46am On Oct 29, 2015
favoredgal:

Wait I don't understand! Ur wife dint take an epidural, so what have you been chasing since angry

Epidural is optional in vd but compulsory in c-section. So did she or didn't she? Sounds like you aren't sure

Either ways if nothing was found on their system; I will just move on smiley you can't manufacture records.

lolz @ the bolded... me sef I no know oh.... I guess I was having a blond moment - hahahaha
She didn't use the epidural oh, but I thot the pain medication was part of their services....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 11:47am On Oct 29, 2015
anizi:

The iv pain medication they give in the hospital is part of the package, u dont pay for that separately. It has nothing to do with anesthesiologists.

feddy27:

Shawler, from your post, I can deduce that she didn't use epidural. Ask her if any 'injection' was given to her in her spine. If no, then she didn't use it. If it was tru an IV, then it's pain medication and part of your package from the hospital. No extra charge for that.

Thanks, I get it now..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Miracletwinee: 12:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
olagirl:
Thanks Alot @Miracletwinee, Mimibe and Moyinoluwa83

One of the Obgyn(Atlanta) i contacted have responded, they will change an additional $165 dollars to the $2200 delivery fee. They directed me to the hospital for their charges for the procedure.Am sure it will cost an arm and a leg.
However, i intend to have a vaginal delivery, am not having twins, so i dont know how it is going to play out yet, if am to avoid double hospital payment.
I will suggest it to the doctors, if is possible to remove it just before delivery, the only iish is that vaginal delivery can be very spontaneous..you never know what to expect. I will keep you guys posted.
Pls if you intend having a VD make sure the cerclage is removed before labour sets in. Ideally it should be removed btw37And 38wks. I was able to have mine removed at delivery because i had a schduled CS at 38wks. I was told that it's risky to fall into labour with the cerclage because it can cause the uterus to rupture during labour I guess thw doctors in the house can enlighten you more on this

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olagirl(f): 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=Miracletwinee post=39481061][/quote]

Thanks @miracletwinee.
Making enquiries for the cost of facility for the procedure...will update the house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.