Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (851501 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 3:17pm On Oct 30, 2015
bbiz:

You can go to the Airport and try to see if anyone can help you take it to Houston, Sometimes they do and it takes just one day.

Just curious...do people still do this though? i.e travelling with items that belongs to strangers undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 3:36pm On Oct 30, 2015
[quote author=bestnews post=39516642][/quote]

Why don't you go to the embassy in Abuja and ask them to help you email the form to the agency. I know they did for my friend (lagos embassy) when they had issues too. It's worth asking.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 3:38pm On Oct 30, 2015
bbiz:

Thanks I guess this is a new info to me and i really do appreciate the info. The first time I traveled with United air to nija with my baby, I was told by my agent to pay for sit for my baby . He also said that is why I should request bassinet because of my entitlement.

So good to know where have researcher over here ooooooooooooooo. Good job

if your baby is less than 2 you don't need to pay for a seat for the baby, but the baby must board with his/her ticket. Now this ticket is not free and is usually 10% of your own fee.

This ticket entitles you to a bassinet which you have to request for. But whether you are using it or not,. your ticket price remains the same, hence we have all been saying that the bassinet is FREE.

Since the airline is giving you this bassinet for FREE, there is no need to carry your own travel bed. Glad to know we are all on the same page now. i guess its your agent that confused you. cheers

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2015
anonymousmum:

Just curious...do people still do this though? i.e travelling with items that belongs to strangers undecided

well, its a piece of paper, not like a suitcase or something. Also, air hostesses do it for a fee, which is usually cheaper than courier
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yokus(f): 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2015
@bestnews yea, try the embassy, they can scan or fax it, i remember when i was stuck in a similar situation they asked me to do that, but it was christmas period n the embassy was on hols here. I explained to them on the phone and they gave my baby a temporary passport that could last for 3 yrs or an option of me changing it to the regular 5yr passport in the Nig embassy for free with the amended consent form, if i do this within one year of recieving the pp.
Let ur wife call the passport office
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olagirl(f): 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
DunnyGee:
I used Gwinnett and Dr soyoola last year. A friend used them this year June and d bill was almost the same. I don't think it's expensive

How much was the total bill it, I just PM @yokus and @DunnyGee..Please respond.Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
favoredgal:

well, its a piece of paper, not like a suitcase or something. Also, air hostesses do it for a fee, which is usually cheaper than courier

True.

Logistically though looks like a long thing...courier is fast, trackeable, etc

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amother4life: 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
omidan21:
Dear People Of God

My cousin intends to travel to the US for child birth, Please what u think, can her father inlaw be the main sponsor .

she doesnt really ve a really fat account, she can boost of just 2M and she has a steady means of income like abt 200k monthly but her hubby works for the government, her hubby salary isnt as much as hers.

Also she thinks its better she goes to the interview with her mum inlaw and she intends travelling with her mum inlaw, her mum inlaw has been given permanent residence and she travels anytime to the US.

She thinks this might open her to an higher chance of the visa to be granted

I need your experienced opinion on this please.

Many Thanks and God bless all

Your mother in law will NOT be allowed into the embassy without an appointment. Being a permanent resident doesn't give her any special privileges. You must show proof that you are financially capable of offsetting all your bills without relying on Medicaid. So, your mother in law will not bolster your credibility if your finances and preparation ( documentation, budget sheet, accommodation, Dr's correspondence etc) are not in order. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kamotisha: 5:36pm On Oct 30, 2015
yokus:
I agree, i was surprised to see sm1 say it increased cos Dr. Soyoola emailed me and the price looks the same, except for the addition of scan.
The price i paid in Gwinnet in 2010 is not to different from what i paid in 2013, the difference was the additional charge my baby staying in NICU for 24hrs.i had difficulty replying ur pm dear.
Anyways im trying Houston for this missionary journey cos my friend delivers about the same time as me. I hope i get similar or even better service at OMC

I used Gwinnett and Dr soyoola last year. A friend used them this year June and d bill was almost the same. I don't think it's expensive

Hi Yokus, pls could you send me the quote for Gwinnett and Dr Soyoola or you can send to kamotisha1@yahoo.ca. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by omogedudu99: 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2015
firsttymum:
bassinet is free... If you are traveling internationally you can't do the lap child tingy

Now if u r taking ur own bassinet might not guarantee you a seat where ur bassinet can b installed.

@firsty

Yes, you can lap your baby on an international flight. No regulation against that. It just a lot more convenient to use the bassinet, that's all.

Moreover, you get to carry the baby on the lap if you don't succeed in getting a bassinet assigned becos of "oversubscription".
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2015
customised87:

No,u wont buy a full seat for a baby. The bassinet is placed infront of the mother's seat,thats why mothers with infants that want to use the bassinet are assigned the bulkhead seats on the plane. You can see some pictures on google.
I know what a bassinet is and I ve used it severally. I want to know where she will put the travel bed she talked about.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by pampem: 6:28pm On Oct 30, 2015
Hello mums,

I greet. Please anyone done us drop box renewal after delivery in us? With a previous b1b2 visa. did you include receipts for full payment and the email sent to embassy notifying of intention to go deliver along side other documents to be submitted?
Note. No question as per pregnancy was asked during visa interview but the regular mail was sent prior to going for delivery in the states.
Please guidance and information is needed.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2015
bestnews:
Good People of Nairaland,
Any God sent Nairalander willing to help me convey form DS-3053 to My wife & Baby in United States,
please help a Father, Mother& Baby in need,
please

friends please suggest cost effective& fastest means of sending this parent's comment as soon as possible
Dhl

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by flgd: 6:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
Hello,
Please does anyone know if IBTC sells PTA without having to open an account with them, or any other bank that does so.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 7:04pm On Oct 30, 2015
firsttymum:
Shawlar ur infant ticket was it from naija u did it or in Houston? How many weeks or days before travel day? I'm guessing it was at that point u requested for bassinet
I bought my infant ticket on Monday from Naija, called their US office same day to book bassinet, travelled on Wednesday.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2015
omogedudu99:

@firsty

Yes, you can lap your baby on an international flight. No regulation against that. It just a lot more convenient to use the bassinet, that's all.

Moreover, you get to carry the baby on the lap if you don't succeed in getting a bassinet assigned becos of "oversubscription".

what I mean is traveling with ur child as a lap child without paying even the 10%. U gerrit?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 7:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
ozycy:

I bought my infant ticket on Monday from Naija, called their US office same day to book bassinet, travelled on Wednesday.
u r a strong woman o... U did everything so so fast

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by OsyCollins(m): 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2015
bestnews:
Good People of Nairaland,
Any God sent Nairalander willing to help me convey form DS-3053 to My wife & Baby in United States,
please help a Father, Mother& Baby in need,
please

friends please suggest cost effective& fastest means of sending this parent's comment as soon as possible

I sent notorized consent & marriage certificate to New York today from DHL Wuse 2, Abuja for 11K & it's to be delivered on Tuesday (3 working days).

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
flgd:
Hello,
Please does anyone know if IBTC sells PTA without having to open an account with them, or any other bank that does so.

Thanks
U CAN'T GET PTA WITHOUT OPENING AN ACCOUNT OR OPERATING AN ACCOUNT WITH THE SAID BANK
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2015
pampem:
Hello mums,

I greet. Please anyone done us drop box renewal after delivery in us? With a previous b1b2 visa. did you include receipts for full payment and the email sent to embassy notifying of intention to go deliver along side other documents to be submitted?
Note. No question as per pregnancy was asked during visa interview but the regular mail was sent prior to going for delivery in the states.
Thanks

You don't need to do that. If they require it, you'll be called for an interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2015
shawlar:

Thanks a lot favored gal... That $5,940 spurred me into action, cos my baby is just about a month old (but wait first, wetin dem do wey reach dat kin amount..??) shoo...!! Anywayz, i called them again and after searching their systems ova & ova, they didn't find any record/bills for my wife. The woman then asked if my wife took an epidural. I said No, that it was a normal delivery. She then said if an epidural wasn't administered there wouldn't be any bill from them. I told her that my wife took medication for the pain but she said that wasn't 4rm them. So i'm guessing i'm free there...... I hope they are no setting me up sha.. undecided so I no go fit renew my visa again smiley
See how you are pursuing bill lol, the pain killer is part of your package so I was told, I requested for the pain killer at d last minute but before they could bring it, my baby popped.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chicagomum: 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
You do not need to include any document. DHL wont even take the documents from you. If the embassy needs/wants to verify payment they would call you for an interview.

pampem:
Hello mums,

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
Good evening ,

Please can anyone share the email address of Dr. La.
I need to send him a mail ASAP.

Many thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yokus(f): 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2015
Sent, i hope it helps

Hi Yokus, pls could you send me the quote for Gwinnett and Dr Soyoola or you can send to kamotisha1@yahoo.ca. Thank you.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2015
Chicagomum:
You do not need to include any document. DHL wont even take the documents from you. If the embassy needs/wants to verify payment they would call you for an interview.

@Chicagomum
How far? You don port?

Just checking up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by pampem: 8:16pm On Oct 30, 2015
bbaby84:

You don't need to do that. If they require it, you'll be called for an interview.
Tanks dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by pampem: 8:17pm On Oct 30, 2015
Chicagomum:

Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 30, 2015
Everyone... Read up and see something else: http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/30/news/american-renunciation-citizenship/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kamotisha: 8:39pm On Oct 30, 2015
yokus:
Sent, i hope it helps

Hi Yokus, pls could you send me the quote for Gwinnett and Dr Soyoola or you can send to kamotisha1@yahoo.ca. Thank you.

Received. Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olagirl(f): 8:42pm On Oct 30, 2015
yokus:
Sent, i hope it helps

@yokus Please respond to my PM..Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by zoemummy: 9:27pm On Oct 30, 2015
tosinajib:
Good evening ,

Please can anyone share the email address of Dr. La.
I need to send him a mail ASAP.

Many thanks

You'll send to his PA. Find attached.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 9:32pm On Oct 30, 2015
Hi all how u doin?? We just buried my dad today at a very young age less than 60 been crying and emotional and I'm cramping!!! Pls how is HOUSTON weather now?? Hope not too cold o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.