Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853819 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dere5: 3:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
shrekandfiona:

I troway salute @ Modath. My friend was traumatised o. They flew biz class to US and she said after they cancelled their visas, they were returned back on the worst economy seats. No leg room for her, she was 34 weeks gone. She had her baby prematurely @ 34 weeks immediately they landed cos baby was distressed.

Very traumatising I tell ya.

I follow waka enter part 3 o. Congrats @ ozycy

Na wah for cbp officers at poe o! you sure say them no follow your friend from her village to chicago? Thank God she dint even have the baby in the air enroute to 9ja,because that was a mega stress.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 3:25pm On Oct 14, 2015
twingirls:
@ firstymum, Nasadiva, Modath, Ozycy and other experienced mommas in the house, pls can we be guided on what to buy in Nigeria before traveling for childbirth? It will be difficult to buy all from the states, and even more difficult to go shopping with baby wen back in Naija. Pls and pls do advise, what's worth buying here before porting? E se pupo.

Nothing much apart from drugs, most especially antibiotic for yourself, i wasn't given after my C-section & it wasn't funny...

I took pure coconut oil & shea butter from here,

I also took sponge (yoruba tinz grin) to baff bambino.

If you are into pap/ogi, please take it from Naija, If you manage to get , it costs an arm & a leg or Nefertitiram fufu ogi.. cheesy

Will Edit if i remember any other thing... wink

Every other thing boku for there...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Peebles23(f): 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
I ve been a silent reader on this thread and I've read From part 1-3 digested information well and even introduced the forum to DH which he reads at his leisure time too nd this has made us well prepared was denied visa today did my interview in abuja with d guy in cubicle 6 oo went with DH, d my 18month daughter Went like this:
DH: good morning
Vo: morning sir/mam
VO:can I have ur passports pls
Dh: passed it over (since he's the one sponsoring the trip)
VO; y are u going to the US (Facing me)
Me: For vacation and childbirth
Vo: kk types asks Dh wat he does
Dh: responded
Vo: kk, how much do u earn
Dh: told him
Vo: monthly? ( with suprise on his face)
Dh: yes pls....
Vo: nd u ma'm
Me: told him wat I do nd wat my post is responsible for.
VO: typed and typed and typed and type 4 like 2 mins ooooo( he didn't ask for any documents oo) and the next thing was sorry ur visas can't be approved.
I was confused like he didn't ask 4 any document nd yet he choosed to disapprove? Guys I need suggestions on wat uve tot might have gone wrong. As we intend applying immediately.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Popri(f): 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
modath:

Nothing much apart from drugs, most especially antibiotic for yourself, i wasn't given after my C-section & it wasn't funny...

I took pure coconut oil & shea butter from here,

I also took sponge (yoruba tinz grin) to baff bambino.

If you are into pap/ogi, please take it from Naija, If you manage to get , it costs an arm & a leg or Nefertitiram fufu ogi.. cheesy

Will Edit if i remember any other thing... wink

Every other thing boku for there...

Yu can add antimalarials, nija bathroom slippers, sleeping hair net if applicable to u, etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shanaka29: 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
[quote author=Lialian post=38916136][/quote]

Hi Lialian,

Sorry for being late to answer. I heard about budget sheet on this forum. It's (for what i understand) a self-made thing.
If you have a doctor's correspondence with expected cost to back it, it's better.
Someone kindly posted a template on the forum and i used it to do my own (see the attachment)

Besides, since you're also traveling from the UK, do you have any advice about what to answer when the CBP officers asks why come to the US to give birth ? I'm really freaking out cry

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dere5: 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
Joleenluv:
Gd am ,wonderful Nairaland family, I am a newbie, been reading since April '15. Went for our visa today 14 Oct- Me, DH & my mum. Mum was granted me & hubby refused,our transcript goes thus:
Vo: gd am, why do u want to go to US?
Hubby: for vacation & to have our baby.
Vo: what do you do?
Hubby: Project Manager
Me: Accountant
Vo: How long have you been employed
H: 3 years
Me: 1 years 6 months (Changed my job, worked with my previous employer for 5 years)
Vo: where do u guys want to go?
hubby: Houston, Texas
Vo: Have u contacted a dr?
US: yea, pass across email correspondence & appointment letter
Vo: Have you travelled together before?
H: No but my wife has travelled severally alone. (UK, SA, Ghana)
Vo: When last were you in the UK?
Me: July '12 (But we both have current UK visas)
Vo: I am sorry you are not eligible

Please NLers help as I don't know where we went wrong. I intend applying alone but the earliest date is Nov 9th and I am already 30weeks.
Thanks
q

I would advice you to start the reapplication process immediatly and keep checking randomly for a closer interview date,folks here have done this and were successful,some ppl advice that you should check around mid night. you can also try another location,for example if you were denied in lagos try abuja next.
With regards to your rejection,i think the main issue is that you dont have a travel history with your husband and also you dont have ties back home!do you have kids that you are leaving behind to serve as ties to home country? Would advice you to apply alone this time around,so that yor husband staying back will be your tie.
Wish you the best

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
olokings:
No ma'am.

BC was ready 2 days after boring n picked up 5 days after birth.
Passport et al were processed in just less than a week after birth.

Once again follow them up physically n gud luck in ur endeavors.

3-star general, This your own na full speed ahead oh,
and you now want to abandon your boi on the field, right b4 the finish line...? - No do dat 1 oh grin cheesy
Anyways, were u successful with the ETC or u did Naija visa?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shanaka29: 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
favoredgal:

JFK isn't the breeze through everyone think it is o! Read back last few pages of part 2. Someone even got deported from JFK

That said I don't think there is anything wrong in that answer. Despite anything we say; the VO; the Cbp know we are all there for the Pali

I'm flying AF and Houston will be my POE. I'll be 34+ weeks so not so many options.
I thing telling the blank truth could hurt so i'm gonna go the "better health care" route and try to say somme BS about a crappy experience with european drs ... and pray undecided

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 4:05pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hmmmmm...30 weeks gone and this is your first short.? ...
Cutting it close i must say...
When did u find out about NL....
Well hurry n stay online for am immediate reapplication

Joleenluv:
Gd am ,wonderful Nairaland family, I am a newbie, been reading since April '15. Went for our visa today 14 Oct- Me, DH & my mum. Mum was granted me & hubby refused,our

Please NLers help as I don't know where we went wrong. I intend applying alone but the earliest date is Nov 9th and I am already 30weeks.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 4:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hi Don shaw.

Yeah I have applied for the ETC..
Did that on Friday visa email to HER.
Was told the embassy not opening on Monday so will be processed tuesday and mail back to me. .however my poeps are gonna pick it up because as u know, generals don't stay in the battle front for so long.

Gotta go back n coordinate military intelligence at home front waiting for them return. wink

Peace

shawlar:

3-star general, This your own na full speed ahead oh,
and you now want to abandon your boi on the field, right b4 the finish line...? - No do dat 1 oh grin cheesy
Anyways, were u successful with the ETC or u did Naija visa?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dere5: 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
Peebles23:
I ve been a silent reader on this thread and I've read From part 1-3 digested information well and even introduced the forum to DH which he reads at his leisure time too nd this has made us well prepared was denied visa today did my interview in abuja with d guy in cubicle 6 oo went with DH, d my 18month daughter Went like this:
DH: good morning
Vo: morning sir/mam
VO:can I have ur passports pls
Dh: passed it over (since he's the one sponsoring the trip)
VO; y are u going to the US (Facing me)
Me: For vacation and childbirth
Vo: kk types asks Dh wat he does
Dh: responded
Vo: kk, how much do u earn
Dh: told him
Vo: monthly? ( with suprise on his face)
Dh: yes pls....
Vo: nd u ma'm
Me: told him wat I do nd wat my post is responsible for.
VO: typed and typed and typed and type 4 like 2 mins ooooo( he didn't ask for any documents oo) and the next thing was sorry ur visas can't be approved.
I was confused like he didn't ask 4 any document nd yet he choosed to disapprove? Guys I need suggestions on wat uve tot might have gone wrong. As we intend applying immediately.

so,so sorry to hear this,i would advice you start the reapplication precess immediatly
With regards to your rejection,it could be because you dont have ties back home,since you are travelling with hubby and child,but again,whole family have been given visas before,cant really say what went wrong in your case,but will advice you apply alone next time so that kid and hubby will serve as ties to home country.
All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yokus(f): 4:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
[quote author=nefertitiram post=38974661]Yes ma,
But it's 5 cents a min to Naija so I never bothered with calling card, just topped up my ultramobile wallet or intl up credit online using my access bank visa card and voila! I can dial direct.

I spent less than $15 month on international calls, and texting is free.

The whole calling one number to dial naija using code on calling cards (Raza and Boss) was just tiring for me.

Did u do any of the bundles? And is it asides the bundle payment per month you will buy intl top up. Sorry. I dnt rly understand, i am on the website n i can see diff bundles.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Gagat: 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2015
dyout:
Fidelity is giving currently, but i have not been able to locate any of their branch that have $$. Access stop selling last Friday, But they promised me to check back this week. FBN are not selling also. Stanbic is like 22... for PTA.

Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by afrobrown2000: 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
Adebuble:

Being trying to reach you.
pls send me a pm again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Gagat: 4:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
francmoda:

I got PTA from Union bank (trans amadi PH) 3 days ago... I opened the account same day and got it same day. The staff were friendly and helpful

Thanks dear!! Do you know I drove pass there severally while checking other banks nearby on the same day you got yours? O my gosh!
THIS is very helpful, porting quickly to UB 2moro

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Gagat: 4:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
francmoda:

I got PTA from Union bank (trans amadi PH) 3 days ago... I opened the account same day and got it same day. The staff were friendly and helpful

Thanks dear!! Do you know I drove pass there severally while checking other banks nearby on the same day you got yours
Gagat:

Thanks a lot
? O my gosh!
THIS is very helpful, porting quickly to UB 2moro
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Gagat: 4:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
MiddyO:
I suffered same fate last week after waka all over Lagos. Travelex finally saved me from suffer head. My consolation is that its way cheaper than $225 black market rate. So help yourself o because PTA is now like Diamonds!

Seriously, it's even more scarce than Diamonds that you can get with your readily available cash
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Gagat: 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
MiddyO:
Congrats Ozycy! God bless your little one!
Congrats on the arrival of your bundle of Joy, OZYCY. God bless you dearly

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Joleenluv: 4:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
olokings:
Hmmmmm...30 weeks gone and this is your first short.? ...
Cutting it close i must say...
When did u find out about NL....
Well hurry n stay online for am immediate reapplication

Thanks Olokings, I am online right now and refreshing the page. I found out about NL late April but had not made up my mind fully. I had to renew my passport in July and all that. I will give it another shot. Truthfully, I never saw it coming, I read this page like a daily manual.

@Dere5, thanks but apart from my hubby what other thing can I use as a strong tie as I intend to re-apply alone immediately.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 4:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
nefertitiram:

Hi bros,
Are you silver something? I can't find your email address.

Pm me again so I can respond with her number

Yeah, silverspy159

I just sent you an email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 4:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
Modath darling how's ur LO...

twingirls:
@ firstymum, Nasadiva, Modath, Ozycy and other experienced mommas in the house, pls can we be guided on what to buy in Nigeria before traveling for childbirth? It will be difficult to buy all from the states, and even more difficult to go shopping with baby wen back in Naija. Pls and pls do advise, what's worth buying here before porting? E se pupo.
here u can shop online... For Me If I Waka small I start having contractions... And my hubby never come Yet... So na online shopping I dey do. But I bought drugs and basic things. Buy Maggi o...
Buy yam if u love yam... The yam here no b am.
Heard naija pears baby oil (has olive oil and shii) is very good for baby hair. You prolly shld buy that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 4:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
@shawlar ur pm reply is giving failure delivery. ..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2015
bmanbaba:
@All. I will like to start by appreciating everybody on this forum . I av read almost the whole pages from part 1. You guys are helping a lot of pple . please I av some questions. Although,some pple have asked similar question but I don't think d answers addressed my situation completely. I got a B1B2 visa with my wife a and Daughter in January 2015 for family vacation.we bought the ticket in march and schedule the trip for Sept. My wife became pregnant in May. We however proceeded on our trip in sept has planned. We spent exactly 2 weeks and presently back to Nigeria. It was while we were there that Frnd and family adviced us to come have the baby in the USA. Also at the POE,the officer there noticed that my wife is pregnant and asked if we were there to av d baby. We said No that we only came for holiday.which is true bcus we never tot of it . She will b due in Feb 2016. Please what are our chances at the POE. ? Thank you. So sorry for the lengthy Torry.

You've gone and come back so no wahala. But then send a change of intent to the embassy. There are people that weren't even pregnant during the vacation but was still asked for the letter at the poe

bmanbaba:

@Dere5. Thank you for ur response. I av contacted doctoespirati(thanks to d house) and also another hospital in New york (from a Frnd) might b going for the one in new York which seems cheaper and also bcus I av relative to stay with before and after delivery till we will come back home.
I av read pple make comments abt(1) Burden of proof. (Kindly explain what it is and how to get it(2) Budget sheet . please do I equally need these or are they necessary for pple just going for interview and finally, pls how do I go abt d change of intent mail to the embassy: whats d email address, what's the content going to look like and if possible can anybody help send a copy to my email. I beg the whole house to please help with these. Thank you

and then u said u have read through the thread... Smh

PLEASE READ THE THREAD O.. HMMMM. THESE CBP OFFICIALS AIN'T SMILING NO MORE.
Those people are plain mean... Let's avoid stories that touch the heart
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
olokings:

I dey hail sir... grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 5:07pm On Oct 14, 2015
Greetings @firsty. ..long time no quote. ..
How market na. .hope the ministry is about to establish it's regional he cheesy

firsttymum:

I dey hail sir... grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
shrekandfiona:

I troway salute @ Modath. My friend was traumatised o. They flew biz class to US and she said after they cancelled their visas, they were returned back on the worst economy seats. No leg room for her, she was 34 weeks gone. She had her baby prematurely @ 34 weeks immediately they landed cos baby was distressed.

This is just so painful... See d money she wasted... And how they traumatized her.. Mscheew. They didn't even consider the children sef. E just pain me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 5:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
Nasadiva:

My dear, I did dat out of excitement. The babe don use leg waka the whole of Houston, even Usain Bolt cannot cover d distance grin grin tongue tongue
grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 5:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
[/quote]

Alright boss...
I see d caps. wink
I was confused by a he/she mix-up grin
so that means ur peeps will get it today abi..?

Safe journey, sir *salutes*
Ur boi is still at the battle front, hoping to return soon also. :-)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
shrekandfiona:

I trowey salute back, how's baby?

All the devil agents in USICS gather for houston, & chicago aswear..

Just speak with ya friend & tell her to reapply & appeal when she's back on her feet...

Its traumatising sha... God dey, no be dem fault, na the mofos at the helm of affairs!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
olokings:

I don't understand wetin I do to offend the pm thingy; It jst doesn't work 4 me
Anyways, u can mail me
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Cuteaidomo: 5:22pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hello people, pls has anyone bought a ticket through [b]travel start [/b]before?
I'm kinda curious cos the price I got with them is cheaper than other sites and I want to be sure I won't have any issues. Urgent response needed pls. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Cuteaidomo: 5:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hello people, pls has anyone bought a ticket through TRAVEL START. [/color]before?
I'm kinda curious cos the price I got with them is cheaper than other sites and I want to be sure I won't have any issues. Urgent response needed pls. Thanks.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.