Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (851115 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 10:49am On Oct 14, 2015
modath:

Avoid Chicago POE if you are pregnant or have any kind of comma, they will humble you with your MONEY.

Peace out. wink
I troway salute @ Modath. My friend was traumatised o. They flew biz class to US and she said after they cancelled their visas, they were returned back on the worst economy seats. No leg room for her, she was 34 weeks gone. She had her baby prematurely @ 34 weeks immediately they landed cos baby was distressed.

Very traumatising I tell ya.

I follow waka enter part 3 o. Congrats @ ozycy

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 10:53am On Oct 14, 2015
nefertitiram:

I see no admission of preggie from your transcript o,
Is it vacation you are going for or childbirth. No vex that I am asking

In fact na same tot dey my mind when I read am
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jenny3(f): 11:32am On Oct 14, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I've read several pages of this very long thread and have learnt alot. Big thank you to everyone for taking out time to share their experiences.
I got my visa approved yesterday and below is how my interview went:
VO: Can I have your passport
Me: Passed it over (New passport got last month after changing name due to marriage)
VO: Have you been to other countries
Me: Yes
VO: Can I see your previous passport
ME: Passed over my 2 previous passports to him (Been to UK, Dublin, Italy, Dubai, Amsterdam and some ECOWAS countries)
VO: What is the purpose of your visit
ME: To have my baby
VO: Ok, I will need the following documents: Appointment confirmation with Dr, Bank statment & Budget Sheet
ME: I passed them over including a savings scheme statement (If not for nairaland, how will I know budget sheet cheesy)
VO: Reads through them and asks what the Savings scheme statement is
ME: I explain its a monthly savings I do which is deducted from my salary.
VO: How do you intend to pay for the trip
ME: Combination of my Bank balance & Savings sheme balance
VO: Asks me what I do
ME: Explain my role to him
VO: Types for a bit, then hands over my documents to me. Your application has been approved, hands a white paper and tells me it should be ready in a week, that I will get a text message informing me to pick up.
ME: Smiling*** Thank you and have a nice day.

Again big thank you to everyone. I will be birthing in Miami Florida. Was not able to get alot of information on Miami from this thread but did alot of google and phones calls. Will be using Jackson memorial hospital and will defintely share POE and Birthing experience.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by veleta: 11:39am On Oct 14, 2015
@ Neferati
Mine was for vacation, then my friend was for child delivery, had to summarize her transcipt.she had her interview at 30 weeks and was given visa on her fifth attempt with her hubby.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sayoberry(f): 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
Please, who has shipped stuffs from u.s successfully without losing Their things? I still have loads hanging o. Pls help!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
[quote author=uptown17 post=38952950][/quote]

Sorry just saw this. Rate was 203.8. Call the Travelex numbers to confirm if you can collect elsewhere.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nadina: 12:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hello Everyone,I am a silent reader of this wonderful forum and I have learnt a lot so far. Please I need advice from those who had similar experience . I got my b1-b2 visa this year I wasn't pregnant. At the interview, the VO asked me if I will be using any medical care and I answered NO because I wasn't pregnant. I plan to use the visa for vacation and return before conceiving. But I want to know the response (or necessary steps to take) to give the CBP Officers at POE when eventually travelling for childbirth If the question about me not using any medical care in the US comes up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
Yes ma,
But it's 5 cents a min to Naija so I never bothered with calling card, just topped up my ultramobile wallet or intl up credit online using my access bank visa card and voila! I can dial direct.

I spent less than $15 month on international calls, and texting is free.

The whole calling one number to dial naija using code on calling cards (Raza and Boss) was just tiring for me.

omogedudu99:

No I haven't. Please tell me more about it

Ok... i just Googled it.

Very affordable compared to the Tmobile option

Can you use it with the international calling carda like boss revolution?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
veleta:
@ Neferati
Mine was for vacation, then my friend was for child delivery, had to summarize her transcipt.she had her interview at 30 weeks and was given visa on her fifth attempt with her hubby.

Ohhhh, I get ya!
Your friend is a testimony o! 5th attempt! She sef is a poster child for Never Give Up! That's d spirit
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
shrekandfiona:

I troway salute @ Modath. My friend was traumatised o. They flew biz class to US and she said after they cancelled their visas, they were returned back on the worst economy seats. No leg room for her, she was 34 weeks gone. She had her baby prematurely @ 34 weeks immediately they landed cos baby was distressed.

I follow waka enter part 3 o. Congrats @ ozycy

But that's not fair na!
Even your update is making this story more annoying!
Can't she sue or something! angry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Austine2020: 12:58pm On Oct 14, 2015
Glory be to God,Atleast U can now plan to have your next baby in the US after your Vacation.
veleta:
@ Neferati
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Joleenluv: 12:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
Gd am ,wonderful Nairaland family, I am a newbie, been reading since April '15. Went for our visa today 14 Oct- Me, DH & my mum. Mum was granted me & hubby refused,our transcript goes thus:
Vo: gd am, why do u want to go to US?
Hubby: for vacation & to have our baby.
Vo: what do you do?
Hubby: Project Manager
Me: Accountant
Vo: How long have you been employed
H: 3 years
Me: 1 years 6 months (Changed my job, worked with my previous employer for 5 years)
Vo: where do u guys want to go?
hubby: Houston, Texas
Vo: Have u contacted a dr?
US: yea, pass across email correspondence & appointment letter
Vo: Have you travelled together before?
H: No but my wife has travelled severally alone. (UK, SA, Ghana)
Vo: When last were you in the UK?
Me: July '12 (But we both have current UK visas)
Vo: I am sorry you are not eligible

Please NLers help as I don't know where we went wrong. I intend applying alone but the earliest date is Nov 9th and I am already 30weeks.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 1:02pm On Oct 14, 2015
nefertitiram:

But that's not fair na!
Even your update is making this story more annoying!
Can't she sue or something! angry

Abeg go & attend to that my boo boo baby!! grin

Sue who? cheesy

Na reapply/appeal tinz ooo, the agent will claim s/he acted in light of presented "facts".
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
shawlar:

wasere....
So you even have the oga on top's number....
@nefer is highly connected... grin cheesy
Pls do send it, - u have my email

Hi bros,
Are you silver something? I can't find your email address.

Pm me again so I can respond with her number
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 1:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
modath:

Abeg go & attend to that my boo boo baby!! grin

Sue who? cheesy

Na reapply/appeal tinz ooo, the agent will claim s/he acted in light of presented "facts".

I swear it's paining me! sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twingirls: 1:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
@ firstymum, Nasadiva, Modath, Ozycy and other experienced mommas in the house, pls can we be guided on what to buy in Nigeria before traveling for childbirth? It will be difficult to buy all from the states, and even more difficult to go shopping with baby wen back in Naija. Pls and pls do advise, what's worth buying here before porting? E se pupo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Austine2020: 1:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
U are good to go,so far u have used your visa for the purpose it was given to u,then u can go for Child birth on your 2nd travelling, because u were not pregnant when u got the Visa & u have used it for the particular purpose it was given to U. Just arm yourself with necessary document for POE & Have enough money with U,then everything will be fine by the Grace of God.So when they ask u on your first visit,u tell them that u are not there for Childbirth which is true,but On your 2nd travel when u must have been loaded,if they ask U,then u tell them that u havent decided to give birth in the US during the time of your interview,& that u decided to have your baby in the US after your last visit to US.
nadina:
Hello Everyone,I am a silent reader of this wonderful forum and I have learnt a lot so far. Please I need advice from those who had similar experience . I got my b1-b2 visa this year I wasn't pregnant. At the interview, the VO asked me if I will be using any medical care and I answered NO because I wasn't pregnant. I plan to use the visa for vacation and return before conceiving. But I want to know the response (or necessary steps to take) to give the CBP Officers at POE when eventually travelling for childbirth If the question about me not using any medical care in the US comes up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nadina: 1:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
Thank You very much @Austine2020.God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by deeore: 1:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
@bmanbaba
I dont think you should have a problem at poe because ur story is just like mine but just make sure you notify the embassy of your intent because i was asked for that at the poe.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twizzie: 1:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
Me sef...The story is just plain annoying! As far as I am concerned, they did not do anything wrong! 18k dollars is not too small considering the fact that the rest of the family will be going back in a few weeks...
She should get an immigration lawyer to appeal the Visa cancellation... That's just plain wrong and wicked!!!
I know they say the visa doesn't guarantee admittance into the US but THAT doesn't mean one should be treated like this!! To think they are frequent visitors sef... We as Nigerians need to start talking for ourselves!! Entrance into US is not a right(We know that) but that does not mean one should be treated like trash! Cancelling the visa of the whole family? That is prejudice...She should just get a lawyer ASAP...
It's times like this I wish my papa no force me go science class for SS1... Na Law I been wan read o...

nefertitiram:

I swear it's paining me! sad

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tobermom: 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
modath:

How are you doing?

Specifically came here to ask about you... E Hug..
Awwww, bless you dear. Im good o, been in a new place for close to two weeks now and honestly i dont believe im in the same city. Still with hosts ( people i only just met), but im having a ball. Will give the full jist later. Thanks kiss

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 1:33pm On Oct 14, 2015
Tobermom:

Awwww, bless you dear. Im good o, been in a new place for close to two weeks now and honestly i dont believe im in the same city. Still with hosts ( people i only just met), but im having a ball. Will give the full jist later. Thanks kiss

Winning. .. cheesy

We thank God...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twizzie: 1:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
Eiya... Thank God for you..No more food rationing..hehehe..
Abeg small aproks, what was your first hosts' reaction when you told her you were moving? #Justcurious

Tobermom:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tobermom: 1:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
shrekandfiona:

She had her baby prematurely @ 34 weeks immediately they landed cos baby was distressed.

Kai! This is sheer wickedness. Just reading this is bringing me to tears. Im speechless

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 1:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hellos.
Not to sound too vulgar. ...buh if at the time of interview u haven't chopped banana. ....
Please by all means save your vacation moni, corner-mark ur DH and lovingly chop the banana now ( don't worry you ate in the green zone with POE)
Read part 2 of this forum vigilantly, save more and plan your missionary journey and arm yourself with all that is required of you.
You are good to go..

nadina:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 1:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
Now I get the picture. ....
Shawlar. .pm me I'd give you her email. ..she responds quite quickly

nefertitiram:

Hi bros,
Are you silver something? I can't find your email address.

Pm me again so I can respond with her number
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tobermom: 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
twizzie:
Eiya... Thank God for you..No more food rationing..hehehe..
Abeg small aproks, what was your first hosts' reaction when you told her you were moving? #Justcurious

cheesy cheesy. Well to be honest, she no send and neither did i. I dont think she believed i could have another option cos she had categorically told me that if i had planned my trip properly as i claimed then i would have planned for accommodation. cheesy . i told her it wasnt late and she said she didnt care .her mum even ordered me not to go anywhere. To go became another drama, so i just waka o. I only sent an sms that i had left and thanking her for her hospitality. That may not appear "cool" but the girl had done me strong tin and wasnt even talking to me at the time. I havent heard from her since she told me that i had a package with her so i should come get it ( which ive done) everyone seems to be happy and thats ok by me

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twizzie: 2:05pm On Oct 14, 2015
Na wa o... People can be mean sha....And she is family? I sense a streak of jealousy.... Good thing you are out of that kind toxic environment...What would have been her reaction with a fussy baby?
Hian!
Tobermom:

cheesy cheesy. Well to be honest, she no send and neither did i. I dont think she believed i could have another option cos she had categorically told me that if i had planned my trip properly as i claimed then i would have planned for accommodation. cheesy . i told her it wasnt late and she said she didnt care .her mum even ordered me not to go anywhere. To go became another drama, so i just waka o. I only sent an sms that i had left and thanking her for her hospitality. That may not appear "cool" but the girl had done me strong tin and wasnt even talking to me at the time. I havent heard from her since she told me that i had a package with her so i should come get it ( which ive done) everyone seems to be happy and thats ok by me

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twizzie: 2:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
Meanwhile, experienced mommas, kindly drop your comments on this topic... Babycenter isn't helping me much... Thanks..

https://www.nairaland.com/2664947/what-kind-food-one-give
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nadina: 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hahahaha..lol...very funny indeed @olokings. Thank you for the advice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by omogedudu99: 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
nefertitiram:
Yes ma,
But it's 5 cents a min to Naija

I spent less than $15 month on international calls, and texting is free.

The whole calling one number to dial naija using code on calling cards (Raza and Boss) was just tiring for me.

It makes a whole lot of sense. And it will be nice to avoid that code thingy - it was really very inconvenient

I'll be going for the ultramobile sim then.

Thanks for the "expo".

Blessings.

Cc: @modath
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yokus(f): 3:23pm On Oct 14, 2015
She had her baby prematurely @ 34 weeks immediately they landed cos baby was distressed.

This is so unfair. Ahah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.