Stats: 3,158,473 members, 7,836,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (856646 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 5:55pm On Nov 09, 2015
That one is for Legendsmother.
I shall not spill

modath:

Make una nor help me use love kill my goddaughter mama ooo.. tongue cheesy

She's still keeping one in one state like that! lipsrsealed

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2015
Dentale:
@ Chicagobound are you scheduled for a CS after 41 or 39 weeks? Which one? Pls clarify. 41 weeks is risky o! Especially when you're not a few minutes away from the hospital. 39weeks sef.. If u can my dear, pls book a place nearer to the hospital before ur scheduled date.

No my sister, 41 weeks was my 1st preggy that was why the doc i wanted to use in houston scheduled me for 39 weeks. But I'll seriously get a place in Chicago I can stay from 38 weeks till after cs. Thanks a lot everyone for the care and advice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Fruitilicious: 6:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
God bless you @ Nerf and Modath...

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
legendsmother:
@nerfeititiram Thanks so much I will apply by december, thanks so much God Bless

@modath hehehe amen na aunty Nogen style I want sef hehehehe but d baby food when she say 33tins monthly con make me shift go twins heheheheheh

@favouredgirl I didn't see ur pm d pm plenty
Pls resend

Legendsmother, don't kill me o. Wish you a successful journey and kisses to the twins. God bless them.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2015
ibiba:

I have the ESTA already... that's why I'm wondering if I still need to notify the US embassy. But no wahala. I go still notify them if need be. I'm also enquiring about the cheapest hospital... pls someone help... I even had a nightmare about the bills sef... lol... seriously it's very annoying. I just dey consider say one day this pikin fit be president of USA. That's my only motivation... lol... otherwise na NHS get me straight....

read back, someone on ESTA was deported on this thread (or someone's husband)...arm yourself properly as your own interview will be at POE

good luck

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
@nefertitiram and @modath you both have officially made today my greatest day online. I wish there was a love post button cos this "like" thing no just reach at all!!!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
Chai Nerf & Modath

the holyspirit has finally arrested your souls grin grin cheesy

thanks for sharing, you may just be saving a soul

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
chicagobound:
@nefertitiram and @modath you both have officially made today my greatest day online. I wish there was a love post button cos this "like" thing no just reach at all!!!

Yimu... oya share northwestern too.... *runs away quickly*

Meanwhile I stayed in N Milwaukee. You brought back sweet memories.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2015
Good evening everyone.
'Using my LTV 8 voice' I want to wish my mummies and my daddies merry chrismas and ha happy new years grin grin grin
Back to the matter smiley I want to appreciate you ladies and gentlemen cheesy.you are smart,intelligent,beautiful,hamsome grin and full of love.
I prayed that God send an alert of 2 million dollars to everyone accounts because Huggies diapers ain't cheap mehn.
Stay blessed and highly favored in Jesus name.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 7:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
bbaby84:

$34,116? You don't really wanna know

Mummy $25,000
Baby: $5000
Epidural $4000

U get a $50 gift card though if you take birth control

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anizi(f): 7:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ok, let me share also, well i have this website that has a list of hospitals, choose a state the a hospital, it will take you to the hospitals website where they have estimate prices for sifferent procedures, you can call to verify if prices are still same up till date.
http://hcahealthcare.com/pricing-financing/

Hope no rule broken!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 7:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
nefertitiram:

$34,116? You don't really wanna know

Mummy: $25,000
Baby: $5000
Epidural $4000

Bbaby84

You yourself can see how & why we usually descend into "cyber bullying" territory ?

What's the deal with the yinmu

You know chicago well & know where Northwestern is, anytime you are ready with the belle, pay them a visit !!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 7:38pm On Nov 09, 2015
anizi:
Ok, let me share also, well i have this website that has a list of hospitals, choose a state the a hospital, it will take you to the hospitals website where they have estimate prices for sifferent procedures, you can call to verify if prices are still same up till date.

Hope no rule broken!

Wow! Anizi good one!! Thanks for sharing kiss God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Enyinne(f): 7:50pm On Nov 09, 2015
It's abt sheer luck. I got into houston with just $2500 with me without hassles even though I hv already paid my bills before hand.
shanaka29:
Hi people,

finally got into Houston a week ago.
Had an awful POE story, had to spend 8h in detention ==> bottom line : don't show up there with less than 7 to 8 k$ in HARD CASH[i][/i]
my detailed story is on the way.
I will be staying with relatives for 3 weeks but after the baby comes, I would like to find a new accommodation for 3 and a half weeks
Any suggestion please ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
modath:

Bbaby84

You yourself can see how & why we usually descend into "cyber bullying" territory ?

You know chicago well & know where Northwestern is, anytime you are ready with the belle, pay them a visit
!!!

@bbaby84 I had to Google yinmu.... not nice at all. Smh

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shanaka29: 8:04pm On Nov 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:

Don't you think you'll need your relatives more when baby arrives? Why moving out then and you may not get a new accommodation that will accept just 3weeks plus rentals from you o

I'm here with my mum and we're staying with my lil sis and her husband. They're very kind and helpful but mum and I are not comfortable with abusing their hospitality. A new born is a lot to deal with undecided
I know it's hard to find a new place for such a short time hence my question here.
If anyone has a plan...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mamatukwas: 8:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
Thanks alot @Nerf and @Modath! You guys are really sweet and I'm sure the info will help some people kiss

I don't think legendsmum is ready to spill coz my emails so far dey enter voicemail lipsrsealed I'm sure when she's ready sha we go partake.

Finally, to help Atll/Georgia bound mums who are not on 'too' much of a budget, always check if there is a Piedmont hospital near you. My research so far shows that vaginal there is $3,500 and CS $5,500 across almost all their branches spread across the state. You will however have to source doctor and settle epi bills separately depending on the branch u pick (I think they have about 7). Happy Birthing Peeps kiss Lets maintain the Luv!

author=nefertitiram post=39847171]That one is for Legendsmother.
I shall not spill

[/quote]

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Dentale(m): 8:09pm On Nov 09, 2015
Anizi nice one! Thanks smiley
Nef has opened the book of Revelations! Overflow of options for all our mamas and mamas to be. Una do well o!!!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 8:30pm On Nov 09, 2015
bbaby84:

Lol. I don't even know northwestern ooh so I assume its not me u wanted to quote. Awww glad to know it's sweet memories; gives me hope. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teefex: 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2015
Thanks @modath,nefertitiram,anizi,mamatukwas,God bless u all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2015
anizi:

Hope no rule broken!
Simply wow shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
modath:

Make una nor help me use love kill my goddaughter mama ooo.. tongue cheesy

She's still keeping one in one state like that! lipsrsealed

At all at all na him bad pass. We no get big eye. grin

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 9:30pm On Nov 09, 2015
modath:

Bbaby84

You know chicago well & know where Northwestern is, anytime you are ready with the belle, pay them a visit !!!

Didnt mean to you cc modath. Message was to Nerf, I hope she took it with humour.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
ebonychic18:

@bbaby84 I had to Google yinmu.... not nice at all. Smh

Don't believe everything you read. And it's just a cheeky Yoruba word no insults.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by oliviah10: 9:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
@middyO thank you so much God bless you I understand why you suggested me leaving my daughter back with my husband as extra tie, I dont know what else I can show to the VO as ties back to Nigeria, how is that possible after I just moved back to Nigeria after 6 years, If you can please suggest any other ties back, maybe like a job offer to start once I put to bed, or hopefully my husband and I's house . My husband has to stay back and tidy things for us on our return. I just want to have my baby in peace and leave their country for them biko why does it have to be so hard and emotional lol. Meanwhile any other documents apart from budget sheet, hospital corresspondence, invoice and all that. Plus another question please, in my d160 form I put independence apartments as my accomodation but what if i change my mind and give a different booking to the VO is that an issue. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ayanuke: 9:38pm On Nov 09, 2015
Phema:
Any one else loving the 'new' Nerf? tongue grin

Well done mama! kiss

Love her cheesy loving the new Nerf more. : grin Thumbs up Mama

Phema how is our baby doing?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 9:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
oliviah10:
@middyO thank you so much God bless you I understand why you suggested me leaving my daughter back with my husband as extra tie, I dont know what else I can show to the VO as ties back to Nigeria, how is that possible after I just moved back to Nigeria after 6 years, If you can please suggest any other ties back, maybe like a job offer to start once I put to bed, or hopefully my husband and I's house . My husband has to stay back and tidy things for us on our return. I just want to have my baby in peace and leave their country for them biko why does it have to be so hard and emotional lol. Meanwhile any other documents apart from budget sheet, hospital corresspondence, invoice and all that. Plus another question please, in my d160 form I put independence apartments as my accomodation but what if i change my mind and give a different booking to the VO is that an issue. thanks

I can only say I feel you. I had home office issues too at some point (I worked 4hrs more than my term-time 20hrs) and it was emotionally draining. I can't imagine going through that with pregnancy. I eventually won but just left after my Grad ( didn't bother applying for the skilled stuff).
Are you still legal? If your appeal has been denied just come home and apply. You won't want the VO to ask what your status is and you have to start explaining (big red flag)
Just my honest opinion.
All the best.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shanaka29: 10:04pm On Nov 09, 2015
ozycy:

kpele. Thank GOD you scaled through. I was also detained for 8 hours in Houston early 2014. They told me the money I had cannot foot my bills bla bla bla after delaying me for so long but finally left me. Is it your first time in USA? I think dey usually delay first timers more especially when its having baby issh. I may be wrong dou. And you probably entered the wrong hands.
I actually travelled with lesser amount this time, and didn't waste so much time in the secondary inspection.

Ok, so here's my story. Mum and I flew AF and arrived in Houston around 3 PM a little more than a week ago.
It took less than 15 mn for us to get in front of the CBP.
CBP: Hello, what are you here for?
Me; vacation and childbirth
CBP: childbirth? how long are you planning to stay ?
Me: XX weeks...
CBP: OK, your mother is ok to go but i'll need you to follow my colleague
for more questions

I was cool with the secondary inspection thing cause I was expecting it and was prepared. Thought it would be a formality but ended up sitting there for more than 4h before anyone talked to me.
One officer finally called me around 8:30 pm

CBP: what are you here for?
Me: childbirth
CBP: have you contacted a dr yet ?
Me: yes, I have the correspondence here (took out my folder with all my paper work: budget sheet, Dr correspondence, bank statements, salary slips etc.)
CBP: give me the folder. how much cash do you have ?
Me: 2500 $
CBP (literally laughed at me) : do you know childbirth costs at least 7 K$ here ?
Me: yes I know, I have more than enough on my cards, you can see my bank statements...
CBP: We don't care about bank statements, we want to see the cash
I started sweating cry
he went in the back and I heard him telling is supervisor that I had only 2.5 K$ in cash but enough on my account.
Then he came back and said:
CBP: i'm sorry mam but you'll have to take a sit in the back and wait for an officer to call you
Me: how much longer will I have to wait ?
CBP: I can't tell you exactly but you'll be here for a while
Me: ok can I make a call then ?
CBP: No, you can call your family after an officer talks to you
If you need to go to the restroom here it is, if you're hungry, just ask

I waited for 4 more hours before another officer called me. He asked me the same questions over again, asked me to log into my bank account to show him my balance then asked me to log into my email account and let him see the exchanges with the dr.
Then a third guy came by and he asked him to take my case so he could move to another one. He filled the guy up right in front of me and said "she's going with the famous dr F." the 3rd guy said "who else ?" and asked me to follow him in a box.

He started asking the same questions all over again, told me he was about to clear me and lectured me about paying all my bills etc.
I was finally out around 1 am.

During my time in there, 2 Nigerian ladies were sent back, one ended up in hospital but some were cleared within an hour while I had to wait forever.

If I can give you people my humble opinion:
1- bring as much cash as you can, you'll avoid a lot of trouble if you can show hard cash
2- know that Dr F is kind of targeted there
3- know that they follow this forum and don't like it at all

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 10:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
bbaby84:

Didnt mean to you cc modath. Message was to Nerf, I hope she took it with humour.

I can assure she didn't, it's provocative & we all know you cant claim to mean "no harm",..

Why bring up northwestern when we had trashed it & today we've given up what we had

& as omo ijinle yoruba, yinmu is an insult...

Don't bother to respond, I'm done with this talk!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
modath:

I can assure she didn't, it's provocative & we all know you cant claim to mean "no harm",..

Why bring up northwestern when we had trashed it & today we've given up what we had

& as omo ijinle yoruba, yinmu is an insult...

Don't bother to respond, I'm done with this talk!!

Aren't you a bundle of joy?...
Please don't speak for her. I'm sure she can speak for herself.

Smh

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 10:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
bbaby84:

Aren't you a bundle of joy?...
Please don't speak for her. I'm sure she can speak for herself.

Smh

Yinmu

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by QueenWest: 10:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
Please I'm undecided about getting a baby crib from Houston and shipping to Nigeria. Kindly share your thoughts. Those that bought from the US, was it worth it and what shops can one get a good deal from if I decide to get one here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (401)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60