Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,334 members, 7,836,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (856582 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 09, 2015
ayanuke:

Love her cheesy loving the new Nerf more. : grin Thumbs up Mama
Phema how is our baby doing?

He's very well dear. smiley

How are you and yours?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 10:42pm On Nov 09, 2015
@shanaka29..... Hmm. Guess you traveled with Esta..... Glad they let you in. Rest well o! And safe delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2015
vickyA:
Please I have another question, how much did you pay to port health and did you have to tip them? Thanks again
I paid 2k only in Abj, I think the 1k cud be for Lagos, I may be wrong.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 10:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:

There is. posted her bills not up to 6k, my
Mine was less dan 5k
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 10:45pm On Nov 09, 2015
QueenWest:
Please I'm undecided about getting a baby crib from Houston and shipping to Nigeria. Kindly share your thoughts. Those that bought from the US, was it worth it and what shops can one get a good deal from if I decide to get one here.

Have you checked the weight and how much it will cost you to ship?

You can them log on to jumia or konga and compare in Naira what obtains here at home

In my opinion shipping something as heavy as a crib makes sense if u are buying a car and u put inside. Diapers, baby lotion and one year plus worth of cloth may. Be a better use of that cash. My opinion
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 10:51pm On Nov 09, 2015
shanaka29:

mail account and let him see the exchanges and don't like it at all
Kpele. I had almost same experience with them last year. The annoying part is dat dey will keep you der without talking to you for hours mtchewww.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbiz: 10:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
shanaka29:
Hi people,

finally got into Houston a week ago.
Had an awful POE story, had to spend 8h in detention ==> bottom line : don't show up there with less than 7 to 8 k$ in HARD CASH[i][/i]
my detailed story is on the way.
I will be staying with relatives for 3 weeks but after the baby comes, I would like to find a new accommodation for 3 and a half weeks
Any suggestion please ?

Hello Shanaka29, how are you doing? Welcome to Houston, like others have stated, I think staying with family would have been more helpful but we shouldn't force it on you because you may have reasons for your decision. If NL will permit me to say, I still have room available and don't mind you sharing my space with me as a roommate for the 31/2 weeks you wish to stay. Since I am still currently looking for roommate.
NL hope this is okay? just want to be sure am not going against the rules?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 11:02pm On Nov 09, 2015
shanaka29:

I'm here with my mum and we're staying with my lil sis and her husband. They're very kind and helpful but mum and I are not comfortable with abusing their hospitality. A new born is a lot to deal with undecided
I know it's hard to find a new place for such a short time hence my question here.
If anyone has a plan...
Okay someone suggested airbnb try them you may get something within budget. Sorry for your POE ordeal, i wish you a supernatural delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 11:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
favoredgal:

You can them log on to jumia or konga and compare in Naira what obtains here at home

I[/b]n my opinion shipping something as heavy as a crib makes sense if u are buying a car and u put inside. Diapers, baby lotion and one year plus worth of cloth may. Be a better use of that cash. My opinion[/b]
You sabi am cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shanaka29: 11:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
bbiz:

Hello Shanaka29, how are you doing? Welcome to Houston, like others have stated, I think staying with family would have been more helpful but we shouldn't force it on you because you may have reasons for your decision. If NL will permit me to say, I still have room available and don't mind you sharing my space with me as a roommate for the 31/2 weeks you wish to stay. Since I am still currently looking for roommate.

hi Bbiz, can we inbox ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shanaka29: 11:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
favoredgal:
@shanaka29..... Hmm. Guess you traveled with Esta..... Glad they let you in. Rest well o! And safe delivery

exactly! thanks dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbiz: 12:05am On Nov 10, 2015
QueenWest:
Please I'm undecided about getting a baby crib from Houston and shipping to Nigeria. Kindly share your thoughts. Those that bought from the US, was it worth it and what shops can one get a good deal from if I decide to get one here.

Hello Qeenwest, How are you doing? if you don't mind me adding, I think buying from US is cheaper if you are sending it with other things. than Nigeria because most people buy from here to sell there. I also think you should wait till black Friday before buying so you can get the thanksgiving sales. As for stores Burlington coat factory is good but Walmart is not bad too, I order mine online using Walmart. just search you might get 4 in 1 + bed as bonus too.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbiz: 12:12am On Nov 10, 2015
shanaka29:

hi Bbiz, can we inbox ?

Hi, you can if u don't mind especially NL
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bmanbaba: 12:31am On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=omogedudu99 post=3

Just be sure that your wife's name is mentioned in the email. That is, the Dr appointment is in ur wife's name[/quote]

@omogedudu99.The letter was only sent to the person but it was addressed to us , as in:Dear Mr and Mrs Xyz, though she might be going alone while I will go join her later , all things being equal.

@shrekandfiona, we intend to declare the pregnancy. We v sent the notification and got a reply.

@ozycy, yeah she will b going with a couple or $ above the stated amount in the letter.

Thank y'll . Really appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by QueenWest: 1:42am On Nov 10, 2015
favoredgal:

In my opinion shipping something as heavy as a crib makes sense if u are buying a car and u put inside. Diapers, baby lotion and one year plus worth of cloth may. Be a better use of that cash. My opinion

Thanks favoredgal and bbiz for the response. Will weigh my options.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Austine2020: 2:06am On Nov 10, 2015
bbiz:

Thats how to do it,in a cool well behaved gentle way. Do Take care of Shanaka29 very well in Houston & I wish her safe delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by iolite88(f): 2:21am On Nov 10, 2015
Hello House,
Congrats to all the new Mama's and Papa's may God bless your LO. Please I have an urgent question; has anyone done Notore for their LO before baby arrived in El Paso while baby's father was around if he is going to be absent for the child's birth?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 3:34am On Nov 10, 2015
The Lord that does what no man can do.... How excellent is His name.

I'm a Mother... I give God the praise.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olaj2: 3:47am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:

Congrats firsttymum. May God keep the little one.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chicagomum: 3:49am On Nov 10, 2015
Yayy!!!! Firsttymum congrats!!! No wonder you have been MIA. God bless you, your LO and entire family.

firsttymum:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kingsmum: 4:00am On Nov 10, 2015
Congrats Firsttymum... May baby always be a source of joy to you and all

firsttymum:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bizzle6: 4:14am On Nov 10, 2015
Congrats dearie

firsttymum:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 4:29am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:

Congratulations firsttymum, May GOD'S name be praised forever. May your baby be a source of joy to your household.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Dentale(m): 4:32am On Nov 10, 2015
Congratulations firstymum! Thank God for a safe delivery. Kisses to your LO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by omogedudu99: 4:43am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:

Wow! Blessed be God.

Congratulations! God's blessings on the little one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by legendsmother(f): 4:54am On Nov 10, 2015
Wow congratulations fisttymum God bless u and your LO

@nerfititiram thanks ma dat d holy spirit didn't ova move u am happy looool grin

@modath ma pls don't remind her of d ones she didnt mention oo make fowl yansh nor open heheheheheh

@aunty nogen hehehe thanks ma d twins are on their way, how are your angels?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happychild15: 5:03am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:

CONGRATULATIONS FIRSTYY. God bless your home grin

I'm next in Jesus name Amen grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jayjay4lyf: 5:03am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:

Yipeeee congratulations!!!
He/she shall be a joy of many generations
Wen u don rest small, make we hear gist grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by whiiteroses(f): 5:11am On Nov 10, 2015
anizi:
Ok, let me share also, well i have this website that has a list of hospitals, choose a state the a hospital, it will take you to the hospitals website where they have estimate prices for sifferent procedures, you can call to verify if prices are still same up till date.
http://hcahealthcare.com/pricing-financing/

Hope no rule broken!

1000likes hmm

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 5:12am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:

Yayy! Congrats dear! God bless your little one!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by whiiteroses(f): 5:23am On Nov 10, 2015
@firsttymum, thank God and congratulations. Sending fresh roses to you and your LO grin

@shanaka29, 8hours shocked those CBPs they need cane, I swear angry anyways God pass them, wishing you safe delivery smiley

@all please abeg how can I see the post I liked Or the like button is just for fancy undecided only seeing my post that other people liked when I clicked the likes and shares button. Please help oo abeg sad

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 5:27am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:

Yay!!!! Congrats yay!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (401)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.