Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852194 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kaakaa(f): 5:33am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:
The Lord that does what no man can do.... How excellent is His name.

I'm a Mother... I give God the praise.

Congrats dearie.... I almost did aproko and give the news but said let me let you do it in your own way grin
Can't wait to see the cute lil guy.... kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:37am On Nov 10, 2015
shanaka29:

Ok, so here's my story. Mum and I flew AF and arrived in Houston around 3 PM a little more than a week ago.
It took less than 15 mn for us to get in front of the CBP.
CBP: Hello, what are you here for?
Me; vacation and childbirth
CBP: childbirth? how long are you planning to stay ?
Me: XX weeks...
CBP: OK, your mother is ok to go but i'll need you to follow my colleague
for more questions

I was cool with the secondary inspection thing cause I was expecting it and was prepared. Thought it would be a formality but ended up sitting there for more than 4h before anyone talked to me.
One officer finally called me around 8:30 pm

CBP: what are you here for?
Me: childbirth
CBP: have you contacted a dr yet ?
Me: yes, I have the correspondence here (took out my folder with all my paper work: budget sheet, Dr correspondence, bank statements, salary slips etc.)
CBP: give me the folder. how much cash do you have ?
Me: 2500 $
CBP (literally laughed at me) : do you know childbirth costs at least 7 K$ here ?
Me: yes I know, I have more than enough on my cards, you can see my bank statements...
CBP: We don't care about bank statements, we want to see the cash
I started sweating cry
he went in the back and I heard him telling is supervisor that I had only 2.5 K$ in cash but enough on my account.
Then he came back and said:
CBP: i'm sorry mam but you'll have to take a sit in the back and wait for an officer to call you
Me: how much longer will I have to wait ?
CBP: I can't tell you exactly but you'll be here for a while
Me: ok can I make a call then ?
CBP: No, you can call your family after an officer talks to you
If you need to go to the restroom here it is, if you're hungry, just ask

I waited for 4 more hours before another officer called me. He asked me the same questions over again, asked me to log into my bank account to show him my balance then asked me to log into my email account and let him see the exchanges with the dr.
Then a third guy came by and he asked him to take my case so he could move to another one. He filled the guy up right in front of me and said "she's going with the famous dr F." the 3rd guy said "who else ?" and asked me to follow him in a box.

He started asking the same questions all over again, told me he was about to clear me and lectured me about paying all my bills etc.
I was finally out around 1 am.

During my time in there, 2 Nigerian ladies were sent back, one ended up in hospital but some were cleared within an hour while I had to wait forever.

If I can give you people my humble opinion:
1- bring as much cash as you can, you'll avoid a lot of trouble if you can show hard cash
2- know that Dr F is kind of targeted there
3- know that they follow this forum and don't like it at all
OMG! OMG!!
I'm speechless

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by fehinebony(f): 6:12am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:

Congrats firstymum...God bless the little one, Amen

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by iolite88(f): 6:25am On Nov 10, 2015
Awww congrats dearie God bless you and your LO. Vigilante mode now activated so happy for you E-hug.

firsttymum:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 6:37am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:

Yayyyyyyy i have been praying for you babygirl congrats dearrrrrrr!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shelly23: 6:54am On Nov 10, 2015
If you find shippers who can do sea freight, it'll be cheaper for you cos they don't charge by weight but by the dimension of the box.

Just make sure you do it well ahead of time cos it take 2mths plus to get to Lagos.

QueenWest:

Thanks favoredgal and bbiz for the response. Will weigh my options.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shelly23: 6:59am On Nov 10, 2015
Congratulations! Hope you delivered like a 'Hebrew woman' lol!

God bless you and your family.

firsttymum:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by toitoi: 7:01am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:

Congrats firsttymum , God bless your the little one.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:08am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:

Praise the Lord!
Congrats to u and FirstimeDad!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FinanceFitness: 7:10am On Nov 10, 2015
Congrats firsttymum

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teefex: 7:44am On Nov 10, 2015
Congratulations @firsttymum, God bless ur new born

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by afrobrown2000: 7:48am On Nov 10, 2015
Congratulations. ...Firstly. ..thank God for safe delivery....
firsttymum:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yokus(f): 8:01am On Nov 10, 2015
Congrats Firstty Mum... it is the best feeling in the world to hold ur mini one. God bless u guys
Shanaka29 pele ooo... chei, e no easy o. Na kuku Dr.F letter dey comprehensive enough.
Stl w8n on Arik air experiences, im not up to 30wks, but any advice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 8:03am On Nov 10, 2015
Congrats firsty. ...
Best wishes to the LO.....

Quick recovery

firsttymum:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Happymum: 8:06am On Nov 10, 2015
Finally gotten the chance to give my testimony, I had my twins @ MIHS a boy and a girl, birth certificate, U.S. Passport and Nigerian visa ready on time and we were back to Nigeria just few days short of one month. It's been a busy period running around with my toddler and the twins but I had to squeeze out time to say a big thank you to this forum . Please my friend needs to go too but is scared she will get denied if she applies for visa with doctores para letters, she applied in January with her husband for vacation and they were denied. She is wondering if to apply with her husband and mother now or just her mother. I told her about this forum and she pleaded that I plead with you guys to advice her. Thanks

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Beryl15: 8:12am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:

Congrats dearie, so happy for you.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Fruitilicious: 8:21am On Nov 10, 2015
Congrats firsttymum...
Thank God for mother and child...
Bless you...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 8:21am On Nov 10, 2015
God is Great! Congratulations firstymum, welcome to motherhood kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tvegas(m): 8:27am On Nov 10, 2015
Udumeme:
Hello NL fam,
I had my bundle of joy on the 21st of October by Scheduled C section at WHMC. I already reached out to @Tvegas who has been so very helpful.

firsttymum:
The Lord that does what no man can do.... How excellent is His name. I'm a Mother... I give God the praise.

Congrat guys may the Lord put his shield over your little ones. Additional congrat to all the new mums and the successful POE stories. Where is the party happening? Any plan for aso ebi?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 8:39am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:

Congrats firsty of life, God be with you, baby & daddy, love, happiness & abundance will be permanent residents of your home..

Awhh, knew time don reach when you bacame almost incommunicado.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 8:51am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:

Congratulations dear! God be praised

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by missusadey: 8:53am On Nov 10, 2015
Congrats firsttymum!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsoje(f): 8:57am On Nov 10, 2015
congrats firsttymum. Omugwo loads packed ready to port tins cheesy
much love to the little one. God bless your family real good.

firsttymum:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mamatukwas: 9:07am On Nov 10, 2015
Congrats Sweetie!!! Really happy for you.

firsttymum:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 9:11am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:

firstymum is now a firstymama kiss kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 9:13am On Nov 10, 2015
Good morning everyone. It's a going to be a great day.
@Firstymum Congratulations on the new addition to your family.The baby shall be a blessing to his generation in Jesus name.
Please rest well and take care of yourself smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 9:18am On Nov 10, 2015
shanaka29:

Ok, so here's my story. Mum and I flew AF and arrived in Houston around 3 PM a little more than a week ago.
If I can give you people my humble opinion:
1- bring as much cash as you can, you'll avoid a lot of trouble if you can show hard cash
2- know that Dr F is kind of targeted there
3- know that they follow this forum and don't like it at all

Thank God for your testimony o, 8hrs is no joke.

I don't know how else we can say this thing again. CASH IS KING! no apologies for the caps lock and bold

Even if you have to buy black market, just do it. Why risk all this business of bank statement/card etc? What if they say they are not interested in seeing any statement?

Houston POE for that matter?

Once again sorry shanaka for your ordeal, i am not saying this to chastise you but it is better we put it out there...

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 9:25am On Nov 10, 2015
Thanks alot. I appreciate. I will check out the hospital. God bless....

Tobermom:

I used wyckoff heights medical center in brooklyn ny. Just go through my previous posts for detailed info. My doc was Omrou Alchyib. But like i mentioned before, you dont choose docs. You are assigned one on your first appointment. I was just favored that it was the one i was leaning towards that was assigned to me. Google the hospital website, under the physicians check all of them out on healthgrades.com . i think out of the 6 or 7 attending doctors 4 are VBAC friendly.
All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 9:34am On Nov 10, 2015
Which states issue the nigerian passport? Is it the same states that have the nigerian embassies for the nigerian visa's I.e New york, Atlanta and Wahington. Also, which one is more stress free. Nigerian visa vs Nigerian passport. Abeg, make una no vex for me. Person wey dey ask question, no dey miss road. Thanks

kaakaa:

They get the nigerian visa bc they are not in states that issue Nigerian passport.... and travelling to these states for a passport is not cost effective....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olagirl(f): 9:35am On Nov 10, 2015
Congratulations Firsttymum....Am soo happy for you.God bless your LO.He will forever be a source of joy to your fàmily.
We await your gist....lool

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mom4ever: 9:54am On Nov 10, 2015
firsttymum:

Awwwwwwwww! Congratulations! Wow. God is good. My love to ur lil one.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 10:06am On Nov 10, 2015
yokus:
Congrats Firstty Mum... it is the best feeling in the world to hold ur mini one. God bless u guys
Shanaka29 pele ooo... chei, e no easy o. Na kuku Dr.F letter dey comprehensive enough.
Stl w8n on Arik air experiences, im not up to 30wks, but any advice.

use the search button.

A couple of Arik experiences has been shared. if i remember clearly, i think their cut off is 28 weeks and they only accept fit to fly from Health Port

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.