Stats: 3,150,947 members, 7,810,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531712 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sonofyisa(m): 9:32am On Oct 30, 2015
Good ♍o®nïng all, i jst wnt to share my experience and give an update on my current situation..am married, work wit government, neva had a course to travel out...bt recently my uncle invited me and three odas including his mum to attend is graduation ceremony....i shedule an appointment for interview even though d invitation came somehw late cos d date i got was jst two days to d graduation ceremony....my oda cousin is in dubai she is aslo married n work n live dere, so i help her to book appiontment for d same date...she came back to nigeria we wnt for d interview together n we where both denied d visa....i dont no on wat ground but dis is my conversation wit d visa officer
Vo:good ♍o®nïng
Me: good ♍o®nïng sir
Vo: ΨђåƮ re u going to do in d us
Me:am attending my uncles graduation
Vo: hw long do u intend to stay
Me: 2 weeks
Vo:oh, re u married
Me: yes
Vo: hav u travel b4
Me:no, i have never had any reason to travel
Vo:do u hv children
Me:no am recently married (bt note my wife was at dat time preganant) so he type for a very long time and told he was sorry dat i cn reapply in d future bt as of dat time am nt eligible for a us visa n passed me my passport n a blue paper...shortly after i left dere i called my uncle n told him i will nt b coming,dat was wen he told me d event hv bin shifted dat i sud reapply bt after d whole stress at lagos embassy i was nt ready to apply again....bt recently i was inform of a conference dat will take place in d us nxt year and i became interested dis is because like i said earlier am running my masters programme in nigeria and one of d criteria for graduating s dat i must atleast attend a conference related to my field of study and dis opportunity presented seems to b a good one cos i will nt only attend d conference bt also have d experience of travling out for d first time pls wat advise cn i get frm d huz as regard my current plans N.B am now a father cos my wife jst put to bed our princess.....

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by WESTERNCR: 11:27am On Oct 30, 2015
sonofyisa:
Good ♍o®nïng all, i jst wnt to share my experience and give an update on my current situation..am married, work wit government, neva had a course to travel out...bt recently my uncle invited me and three odas including his mum to attend is graduation ceremony....i shedule an appointment for interview even though d invitation came somehw late cos d date i got was jst two days to d graduation ceremony....my oda cousin is in dubai she is aslo married n work n live dere, so i help her to book appiontment for d same date...she came back to nigeria we wnt for d interview together n we where both denied d visa....i dont no on wat ground but dis is my conversation wit d visa officer
Vo:good ♍o®nïng
Me: good ♍o®nïng sir
Vo: ΨђåƮ re u going to do in d us
Me:am attending my uncles graduation
Vo: hw long do u intend to stay
Me: 2 weeks
Vo:oh, re u married
Me: yes
Vo: hav u travel b4
Me:no, i have never had any reason to travel
Vo:do u hv children
Me:no am recently married (bt note my wife was at dat time preganant) so he type for a very long time and told he was sorry dat i cn reapply in d future bt as of dat time am nt eligible for a us visa n passed me my passport n a blue paper...shortly after i left dere i called my uncle n told him i will nt b coming,dat was wen he told me d event hv bin shifted dat i sud reapply bt after d whole stress at lagos embassy i was nt ready to apply again....bt recently i was inform of a conference dat will take place in d us nxt year and i became interested dis is because like i said earlier am running my masters programme in nigeria and one of d criteria for graduating s dat i must atleast attend a conference related to my field of study and dis opportunity presented seems to b a good one cos i will nt only attend d conference bt also have d experience of travling out for d first time pls wat advise cn i get frm d huz as regard my current plans N.B am now a father cos my wife jst put to bed our princess.....
Yes you may go ahead and reapply as soon as your circumstances change.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekpotek: 12:13pm On Oct 30, 2015
Fyorgyn:

Well, we were 2ladies from Oxford... A doctor and a Pharmacist... How would u know which one was me smiley

Hope you had a great time at the conference... Hopefully I will be in Atlanta for next year's... I do hope you got what you hoped from this. It really is a great conference with plenty networking opportunities... Wish you all the best

Instinct I supposed. Only you can proof me right or wrong. Sure I will be in Atlanta next year to give a presentation if we are able to pull off the African symposium session. Transiting now at Amsterdam. My regards to your husband and don't worry there is a big Nigerian community in Atlanta. So getting Nijia food would not pose a problem.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by clazikar(m): 7:47pm On Oct 30, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Bros , nobody be Leader here. Ma learner we All be.
1. If your grandma is qualified for drop box, let her go via dropbox. Going with or without her does not in anyway assist your matter as u can see, the person she applied earlier with was denied . Every adult is adjudged based on his individual circumstances
2. Me sef when be ordinary Naija bave has considered it and a student staying 6 MONTHS in the US has even pissed me off, talkless of a VO looking for a reason to Bounce u. Assin, u no get semester exams abi wetin?
3. I have no idea how a Nigerian Student can convince a VO that he will be free from school for 6 months bearing in mind that everybody has taken judicial notice of the fact that NO SCHOOL is out for 6 months or that students don't go on special 'vacation leave' for 6 WHOLE MONTHS. A letter of introduction will only go so far to establish that you are a student. It cannot weigh in on the fact that U will return after your visit.
4. Yes. Your grandma may renew her Visa and u go with a copy of her data page.
5. Police report and court what what for what na? Please check the US website or page 1 of this thread for needed documentation. Unless there are special circumstances, those docx aren't needed. (Abi u don go prison before cheesy?)
6. For each application, the applicant MUST pay visa fees and fill a new form. This info is also on the US website.
Finally. My free observation. I do not see you as one who values his school much. Its un imaginable how one can want to stay in the US for 6 months. On a sponsored trip. As a student. For just weddings.Hm.
This is my opinion and perception and not meant to insult.
Cheers

Thanks, ts no insult at all. I will have to go for the first den. and about the six month vacation, ts not vcation, it is the period of my i.t but i have been through the first part of this page and i now hve an idea of how it works that i cant work or do my i.t in u.s with the type of visa ill be applying for. thanks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by deboydebo: 11:52pm On Oct 30, 2015
Greetings to the house, i must say this is the best tread i have ever seen on Nairaland. Thanks everyone for the great work. Please can someone help me with suggestions;
I have an appointment with the us embassy abuja for interview for me and wify b1/b2 visiting visa. Our intention is for her to put to birth in the us. Acting on a friends advice, we did'nt apply for a medical visa i rather applied for d visiting visa with an invitation from a former colleague who is a citizen, that was before i found this tread, i now know i was suppose to apply for a medical visa (for i have gone through tread part 1&2). My question;

1. When asked d question, "are u planning to give birth in d us,wat do u suggest will b a better answer, Since we did'nt state it while filling the ds160 form.

2. Can we call them to edit the ds160 form to medical visa, instead. before the interview date?

3. If we stick to vacation as the purpose of travel, do u think we can be denied entry at the POE even if we have all correspondence?

4. Can we tell the VO dat our purpose of travel is vacation and giving birth?

5. Or should we stick to vacation as purpose of travel, after getting the Visa then write to the embassy concerning our intention of giving birth, before travelling?

NOTE : We will be able to pay all the medical bills,we do not have plans of applying for medical aid.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:11am On Oct 31, 2015
^^^^^ @Deboydebo ist,there's a speciaal thread for birthing in the US. https://www.nairaland.com/2655925/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/50 but I'll Try and answer your questions and set u on your research path. The thread has part 1 and 2.
U MUST read part 1. MUST!!!
The factor to consider in the path/procedure u adopt is the fact that its Not just about getting the visa. POE for birthing is another issue so thou shall be prepared.
1. Purpose of trip-Family trip and Childbirth. Refresh me memory as I Haven't filled DS160 in agess. U clicked on B1/B2 right? That covrrs medical. Is there any other place to add childbirth?

2. Yes. If there's space for that, fill another ds 160 and initiate proceedings for them to swap it.

3.U can't stick to vacation story dear for a variety of reasons. One, its misrepresentation. Two, 'are you pregnant or planning to get medical treatment' is an expected question. What do u now do? Deportation is the end point and a very nasty experience. Even if u have all correspondence, u omitted or outrightly lied at point of interview. When u read the other thread, you l see how a family of 5 frequent travellers were deported. Please, always fulfill all righteousness.

4.Answered

5. No u shouldn't for already mentioned reasons. U can't deny being pregnant or omit it and do a 360 and write a letter.
U have the funds. Be prepared. Get a hospital. Carry their correspondence. Do a budget sheet (expenses expected for everything). Go with your financial proof. Read part 1 of thebirthing thread. Look out for Phema's posts. She posted lotsa helpful links and a sample of the budget sheet and burden of proof. Read the POE stories and see why u should do the right thing from the get go.
Good luck and congrats on the baby bump

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by twingirls: 8:20am On Oct 31, 2015
@ deboyde, kindly follow lady Gwyn advise, that thred is a must read, especially d part 1, it has helped me and a host of others, it particularly boost ur confidence for and at the interview. Its long, but do try to read. Wishing you the best.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by october01: 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I already filled a DS 160 form for self, wife and 2 kids and our interview is scheduled for Dec. Me, wife and first kid travelled to UK last year and spent 18 days. When filling the DS 160 form i made a mistake by indicating the second kid also travelled to UK whereas he wasnt given birth to by then. In this situation, can i send an email to the embassy stating our info such as DS 160 confirmation forms and passport numbers indicating that the boy didnt travel with us. Pls i need response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
october01:
Hello Everyone,
I already filled a DS 160 form for self, wife and 2 kids and our interview is scheduled for Dec. Me, wife and first kid travelled to UK last year and spent 18 days. When filling the DS 160 form i made a mistake by indicating the second kid also travelled to UK whereas he wasnt given birth to by then. In this situation, can i send an email to the embassy stating our info such as DS 160 confirmation forms and passport numbers indicating that the boy didnt travel with us. Pls i need response
Fill a new ds160 with the appros details. Send am email to the embassy with the new ds160 details.
After verification , they'l swap. It might also help to call in to hasten the process
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by october01: 6:08pm On Oct 31, 2015
Thanks for the response. wld i refill d DS 160 for all family members? because it was after i submitted mine that it generated theirs and on the family members they ony asked few questions.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by october01: 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Fill a new ds160 with the appros details. Send am email to the embassy with the new ds160 details.
After verification , they'l swap. It might also help to call in to hasten the process

Thanks for the response. wld i refill d DS 160 for all family members? because it was after i submitted mine that it generated theirs and on the family members the forms arent details cos they only asked few questions.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by deboydebo: 6:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
^^^^^ @Deboydebo ist,there's a speciaal thread for birthing in the US. https://www.nairaland.com/2655925/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/50 but I'll Try and answer your questions and set u on your research path. The thread has part 1 and 2.
U MUST read part 1. MUST!!!
The factor to consider in the path/procedure u adopt is the fact that its Not just about getting the visa. POE for birthing is another issue so thou shall be prepared.
1. Purpose of trip-Family trip and Childbirth. Refresh me memory as I Haven't filled DS160 in agess. U clicked on B1/B2 right? That covrrs medical. Is there any other place to add childbirth?

2. Yes. If there's space for that, fill another ds 160 and initiate proceedings for them to swap it.

3.U can't stick to vacation story dear for a variety of reasons. One, its misrepresentation. Two, 'are you pregnant or planning to get medical treatment' is an expected question. What do u now do? Deportation is the end point and a very nasty experience. Even if u have all correspondence, u omitted or outrightly lied at point of interview. When u read the other thread, you l see how a family of 5 frequent travellers were deported. Please, always fulfill all righteousness.

4.Answered

5. No u shouldn't for already mentioned reasons. U can't deny being pregnant or omit it and do a 360 and write a letter.
U have the funds. Be prepared. Get a hospital. Carry their correspondence. Do a budget sheet (expenses expected for everything). Go with your financial proof. Read part 1 of thebirthing thread. Look out for Phema's posts. She posted lotsa helpful links and a sample of the budget sheet and burden of proof. Read the POE stories and see why u should do the right thing from the get go.
Good luck and congrats on the baby bump

Thanks alot!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
october01:

Thanks for the response. wld i refill d DS 160 for all family members? because it was after i submitted mine that it generated theirs and on the family members the forms arent details cos they only asked few questions.
Just the on that has an error. So if it was yours that has the error that will be it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2015
femidhansboy:
Yes Sire!Where u dere today?
no but the last time I was there he asked a lot of questions.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by newmusic: 11:28am On Nov 01, 2015
When a company or school want to write a letter of confirmation on behalf of an applicant, how will it be addressed?

Eg - the consular, visa officer.

Checked through thread, i didnt find any answer.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by akindofguy: 12:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
Hi,
I need your assistance as regards answers to the following questions on the ds-160
1). Full Name in Native Alphabet: Do I write my name again here?
2).National Identification Number: I don't have national id card. What do I input?
3).The Location(s) you plan to visit in the U.S: Am going for a 4 days conference, & would be staying in an hotel. Which location should I input, hotel or conference venue?
4).Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip: I own & run the registered business, the conference is to enhance our products and services. The business can sponsor me, and I in turn have adequate funds for the trip. But I don't know which to say, as not to confuse or cast doubt in the mind of the VO.
5).Contact Person Name in the U.S: Also in the dark here, conference / hotel, staffs
6).Organization Name in the U.S.: This I believe should be the conference organisers? Kindly educate.
7).Relationship to You: ?
cool.Have you travelled to any countries within the last five years?: I travel most times to the UK, but my last trip was in 2009 to UK & China, this should be 6years ago, do I state this? So as to bring to the knowledge of the VO about travel history.
Anticipate your early reply, Many thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 01, 2015
akindofguy:
Hi,
I need your assistance as regards answers to the following questions on the ds-160
1). Full Name in Native Alphabet: Do I write my name again here?
2).National Identification Number: I don't have national id card. What do I input?
3).The Location(s) you plan to visit in the U.S: Am going for a 4 days conference, & would be staying in an hotel. Which location should I input, hotel or conference venue?
4).Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip: I own & run the registered business, the conference is to enhance our products and services. The business can sponsor me, and I in turn have adequate funds for the trip. But I don't know which to say, as not to confuse or cast doubt in the mind of the VO.
5).Contact Person Name in the U.S: Also in the dark here, conference / hotel, staffs
6).Organization Name in the U.S.: This I believe should be the conference organisers? Kindly educate.
7).Relationship to You: ?
cool.Have you travelled to any countries within the last five years?: I travel most times to the UK, but my last trip was in 2009 to UK & China, this should be 6years ago, do I state this? So as to bring to the knowledge of the VO about travel history.
Anticipate your early reply, Many thanks

Native alphabet is not relevant since you have written your name using the English alphabet.

National ID is not applicable, it is not the same as our national id card here.

Location : Put the address of the conference. If there is space for you to indicate hotel details then do so.

Contact person: Put the contact of the conference staff handling registration. I presume you have already registered. You can always bring proof of that to the interview

Person/entity. Say the truth. Are you paying or your company? They separate entities regardless of the fact that you own the company.

Previous travel: If you you have not travelled in the last 5years then you haven't. Besides visa are decided at interview not by the form.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by akindofguy: 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2015
@Salsera: thanks for the response, I would put the address of conference and hotel.
I have paid and have been registered to be at the conference.
I would be paying for the trip.
Thanks again, more thoughts welcomed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:01pm On Nov 01, 2015
Thank u @JW
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Thank u @JW

No worries.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by rydow(m): 7:30pm On Nov 01, 2015
@JW, thanks and gracias bro.

Can u please help me delete the earlier closed thread also?

Thanks in anticipations bro. I got the right advice already
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by musabones: 9:24pm On Nov 01, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have a very big question here. My parent were visiting me in the US this weekend but they were sent back to Nigeria because the immigration officer called my school to know if I'm still a student at the Sch which unfortunately I'm not in Sch this semester. This is the last thing I expected them to do, but however it has happen and I'm looking for a solution for my parent to be here by nxt year. Already, I just got married to an akata girl and I haven't just put my paperwork in. My question here is that will it be possible for them to visit me again at any point in time when I'm a greencard holder, or when I will graduating? I know I messed up I will really appreciate your help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 02, 2015
deboydebo:
Greetings to the house, i must say this is the best tread i have ever seen on Nairaland. Thanks everyone for the great work. Please can someone help me with suggestions;
I have an appointment with the us embassy abuja for interview for me and wify b1/b2 visiting visa. Our intention is for her to put to birth in the us. Acting on a friends advice, we did'nt apply for a medical visa i rather applied for d visiting visa with an invitation from a former colleague who is a citizen, that was before i found this tread, i now know i was suppose to apply for a medical visa (for i have gone through tread part 1&2). My question;

1. When asked d question, "are u planning to give birth in d us,wat do u suggest will b a better answer, Since we did'nt state it while filling the ds160 form.

2. Can we call them to edit the ds160 form to medical visa, instead. before the interview date?

3. If we stick to vacation as the purpose of travel, do u think we can be denied entry at the POE even if we have all correspondence?

4. Can we tell the VO dat our purpose of travel is vacation and giving birth?

5. Or should we stick to vacation as purpose of travel, after getting the Visa then write to the embassy concerning our intention of giving birth, before travelling?

NOTE : We will be able to pay all the medical bills,we do not have plans of applying for medical aid.

The B1/B2 covers both tourism and medical tourism, i.e. giving birth. There is no need to make any changes to the visa ahead of time. When you are interviewed though, you should be forthcoming about the fact that you are going to give birth. There are a number of reasons for this...
1) If the the VO detects that you are using deception to cover up anything, the VO has to assume that you are covering up everything and you will be refused.
2) If you show up at the border to give birth and have stated during your interview that you had no intention of doing so, USCIS will cancel your visa, turn you around, and give you a 5-year ban.
3) The VOs actually know some things about the hospitals that people are stating that they are going to - and not all of them are necessarily safe for the mother and child so we are trying to keep people out of potentially dangerous situations.

Getting a tourist visa, then immediately turning around and changing your purpose of travel is not a good way to go about this - and USCIS will never see the change at the border. They will just see that your plans changed considerably in a very short period of time. If you can afford it, have a realistic plan, and have nothing to hide then you should be forthcoming about your plans to give birth.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by HandsumPossy: 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
Good day to all the experienced Nairalanders,

Please I need your urgent advice. I and my wife applied separately for US visa because of my leave was not approved for her travelling date. she has gotten her visa and further appeal to my boss granted my leave for the periods she is travelling. My interview is close by but I ve submitted my application form and I want to go with her to make the journey a lovely one as we have both travelled to Europe together.

The city I filled in my form is different from her own and I don't know if the VO wont frown at the change of plan as I will cherish going with my wife. kindly advise on the best approach to the situation at hands. I need your urgent advice please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
HandsumPossy:
Good day to all the experienced Nairalanders,

Please I need your urgent advice. I and my wife applied separately for US visa because of my leave was not approved for her travelling date. she has gotten her visa and further appeal to my boss granted my leave for the periods she is travelling. My interview is close by but I ve submitted my application form and I want to go with her to make the journey a lovely one as we have both travelled to Europe together.

The city I filled in my form is different from her own and I don't know if the VO wont frown at the change of plan as I will cherish going with my wife. kindly advise on the best approach to the situation at hands. I need your urgent advice please.
Plans change. That is the human factor.
Best approach is to explain to the vo honestly the situation that gave rise to the change/difference between your wife's aplication and yours. Shikena
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by wkkwl: 9:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
Hello greetings

I will be attending a seminar in the U.S next year september,
I have never left the country before,am 23 years old,i want to know,the things i need to collect for the people inviting me for the seminar and stuffs like that,
is it possible for me to extend my stay to more than a week like a sort of visiting,i will chill with my friend who is inviting me for the seminar,
Please can you advice me accordinly and all

How i can go about this,will really appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85