Stats: 3,155,236 members, 7,825,910 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1537514 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I cast And bind All of y'all o!
I still remain LadyGwyn o!
all hail the ladyG
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
deoladtop:
please I need someone to help with the issue raised above
As far as I know you can only re- apply for US Visa after the expiration of your valid visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by thegreengooner(m): 11:19am On Nov 11, 2015
deoladtop:
Good day all.I need some clarification on these issues please. 1) can I renew my two year visa three months to expiry. 2) I have two years visa which myself and my kids used in may.the visa will expire in Oct 2016 and we intend going for X'mas holiday in December2016.i want to go fot renewal by sept 2016.won't the us embassy raise any objection that I only used the visa once during the two years validity period?

1. You can if your intended travel date is after the expiry date of your existing visa...three months is a bit far out but given the difficulty that exists in booking appointments closer to the date of travel I can understand.

2. The visa is valid for two years, and you can use it as much as you are able to. I think the embassy will be more concerned if you used it every month for two years, or only twice and stayed for six months each time. I've previously used Visas only once during their validity...with the dollar hovering at NGN220plus, its no longer as easy to be buying flight tickets and paying for hotels for a family as it was in the past.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Truth4Ever: 11:46am On Nov 11, 2015
thegreengooner:

1. You can if your intended travel date is after the expiry date of your existing visa...three months is a bit far out but given the difficulty that exists in booking appointments closer to the date of travel I can understand.

2. The visa is valid for two years, and you can use it as much as you are able to. I think the embassy will be more concerned if you used it every month for two years, or only twice and stayed for six months each time. I've previously used Visas only once during their validity...with the dollar hovering at NGN220plus, its no longer as easy to be buying flight tickets and paying for hotels for a family as it was in the past.

Dear thegreengooner, let me hear your own opinion on this. going with a two months ticket for the first time after over 6 months the visa was issued. do you think there will be issue at POE?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sofiagodmother: 12:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
Hello all. Ladyg weldone for ur wonderful contribution here. U ve no idea how helpful u ve been for us. Pls has anyone travelled with emirate to new york? Do they hav issues? Is the poe going to be in dubai like etihad does in abu dhabi or will it be newyork? Pls make una help me answer dis question. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2015
sofiagodmother:
Hello all. Ladyg weldone for ur wonderful contribution here. U ve no idea how helpful u ve been for us. Pls has anyone travelled with emirate to new york? Do they hav issues? Is the poe going to be in dubai like etihad does in abu dhabi or will it be newyork? Pls make una help me answer dis question. Thanks
You are most welcome.
I return all the thanks to God.
Sadly I have never flown with emirates so I can't help. But check the birthing thread, and use the search button and look for emirates. Lotsa folks used emirates
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fideco: 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2015
Hello,

Please I have a Question to ask;
What documents/details do a 20years old girl have if traveling for tourist with her cousin(34years) But her father is sponsoring the trip?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2015
fideco:
Hello,

Please I have a Question to ask;
What documents/details do a 20years old girl have if traveling for tourist with her cousin(34years) But her father is sponsoring the trip?
Check page 1 of the thread and follow the link for documentation required
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by thegreengooner(m): 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
Truth4Ever:

Dear thegreengooner, let me hear your own opinion on this. going with a two months ticket for the first time after over 6 months the visa was issued. do you think there will be issue at POE?

Are you planning to stay for two months? If yes, you have no issues relating to the ticket. You can travel to the US at any time during the validity of the visa. If asked why you didn't travel earlier, simply state your reasons...I assume you have them.

If you plan to stay longer than six months, I have no advice for you. You are ON YOUR OWN so please don't do it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by thegreengooner(m): 5:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
sofiagodmother:

For Emirates, your entry point will be your first destination in your case JFK.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sofiagodmother: 9:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
thegreengooner:
ok thanks greengoner. I appreciate

For Emirates, your entry point will be your first destination in your case JFK.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Adegbulugbe(m): 11:32pm On Nov 11, 2015
Well done lady g...pls what can I do to this my issue,I'm applying for a tourist visa to the US,I've been expecting my confirmation detail to be sent to my mail so I can proceed for my appointment but for almost one week now,I didn't see their message pls what can I do
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:50am On Nov 12, 2015
Adegbulugbe:
Well done lady g...pls what can I do to this my issue,I'm applying for a tourist visa to the US,I've been expecting my confirmation detail to be sent to my mail so I can proceed for my appointment but for almost one week now,I didn't see their message pls what can I do
Do u get confirmation email before or aftr u book for appointment?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by deoladtop: 8:18am On Nov 12, 2015
thegreengooner:

thank you so much for the input. The first time I traveled I stayed for only a month.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by thegreengooner(m): 11:07am On Nov 12, 2015
deoladtop:
thank you so much for the input. The first time I traveled I stayed for only a month.

I spent 7 weeks in America when I made my first visit. I was still in University and on vacation so I had all the time in the world. The shortest I've stayed is 5 days...I just went to greet Mayor Bloomberg.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Adegbulugbe(m): 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Do u get confirmation email before or aftr u book for appointment?
No....that was what I've been expecting
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lovettett(f): 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2015
Sofiagodmother,
I ve used emirates airline before. In fact, I n my daughters wil use them in December to new York by the grace of God.tickets confirmed. they re abt the best in the Gulf region..
Unlike etihad, the point of entry is new york.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by davidayo123: 12:19am On Nov 13, 2015
To GOD be glorify. I got it by God's favor n this thread is really helpful.
no travel history(i've bin to Ghana, Senegal though but that's just like someone wey travel go nasarawa n lafia respectively jwo), i'm a single young man. i never thought i could get it. i was planning SA or Dubai for my xmas holiday, My inner mind told me try US now. i laugh within my self, this bobo no dey cease to amaze me sha, e no dey like start with small something. That's me though, I always love to go the best things in life, I don't like settling for less. so one faithful morning i ask a colleague at work how i can go about US visit visa maybe he knows any trusted travel agency around, he said i can do it my self that i shouldn't try giving my money to any agent, he told me go to GTB. Good one, of their BM is a good friend, i called him, & he said its just 31500, so cheap. i transferred the money to him and he got it for me, i went to his place later in the night and we filled out all necessary information, and submitted the application. The embassy gave me an appointment for 10th of November, my friend told me they rarely give single guys the visa, because they tend not have a physical home tie. He's married with 2kids, He always travel to the US every xmas with his family. I said he's trying to intimidate me because i'm still a bachelor. I told him i'll break the jinx of not giving single guys, he also told me to go through nairaland travel section, USA VISA THREAD.

so on behalf of the silent readers association i want to say a big thank you to all that have dropped one important comment or the other. big shout out to ladyguinivere and others. you're doing a great job here. may God bless you abundantly IJN.

transcript shortly.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 13, 2015
Been a silent follower, got my visa on Nov 2. It was really God o. Here is how the interrogation went;

VO: Good morning
Me: Morning Sir...happy new week and happy new month
VO: oh thank you...so where are you going in usa
Me: Houston but Katy precisely.
VO: who is there?
Me: my elder brother and his family
VO: y do u wanna go to usa
Me: A long due vacation as I haven't gone on any vac since 2014, haven't seen my broda for awhile and his wife is expecting their 2nd baby and also wanna use the opportunity to do some wedding shopping as am engaged, and I flashed my engagement ring
VO: wow congrats.. So y haven't you visited your broda since?
Me: cos of work cos am usually busy at work.
VO: where do u work?
me: told him my company and I flashed my id card which I wore
VO: okay ur visa has been approved, picked up ur passport bla bla bla...gave me a white paper and circled where I will pick up my passport.

My dear friends, it was God all along. My interview didn't last up to 4mins and I ain't even engaged. I wore my sis engagement ring.

Now my questions is can I apply for Canada study visa wen I get to usa?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by thegreengooner(m): 9:20am On Nov 13, 2015
kacchiz:
Been a silent follower, got my visa on Nov 2. It was really God o. Here is how the interrogation went;
Me: A long due vacation as I haven't gone on any vac since 2014, haven't seen my broda for awhile and his wife is expecting their 2nd baby and also wanna use the opportunity to do some wedding shopping as am engaged, and I flashed my engagement ring
VO: okay ur visa has been approved, picked up ur passport bla bla bla...gave me a white paper and circled where I will pick up my passport.
My dear friends, it was God all along. My interview didn't last up to 4mins and I ain't even engaged. I wore my sis engagement ring.

Why do you want to spoil this sweet story?

You do know that you've just admitted lying at a visa interview...just be careful. That's all I'm saying

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:04am On Nov 13, 2015
thegreengooner:

Why do you want to spoil this sweet story?

You do know that you've just admitted lying at a visa interview...just be careful. That's all I'm saying

That can be defended. Wedding was called off. grin

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 13, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

I tire o...dere is no issue nau, all na scope to help person succeed. The bottom line is I have d visa. Dey don't put it in dere system dt u are engaged. Some people lie dt dey ain't going to give birth jus visit, and they are given only for dem to travel n give birth.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adefas: 11:15am On Nov 13, 2015
Weldone LadyGuinivere, Thegreengooner and other crew of the house. Please kindly look into my DUTIES DESCRIPTION if it is not too elaborate or bulky. Am applying for tourism visa with my family of 5. (1) As MD of X Nig Lid am running a so so business majorly on E, F, G H and I. Purchasing and partnership with Distributor (Y Nig Ltd) as sub dealer and supplying/sales to other sub dealers, wholesalers, and retailers within A state and is environment.
(2). Also involved in running a real estate business by renting out a particular Y flat out.
(3) Lastly also operating an intra city transport under contractual arrangement.
I can defend everything. Had being doing the no 1 business for the pass 6years, my company was register over 3 yrs ago and my wife she working as a civil servant for the pass 5years. Pls kindly put mouth have completed the application but not yet submit and no any travel experience (Virgin passport for all).
Thanks, God bless you all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Alubosa: 11:28am On Nov 13, 2015
kacchiz:

I tire o...dere is no issue nau, all na scope to help person succeed. The bottom line is I have d visa. Dey don't put it in dere system dt u are engaged. Some people lie dt dey ain't going to give birth jus visit, and they are given only for dem to travel n give birth.

That's misrepresentation dear. Its a serious offence which could earn u a life ban if found out. The mantra here is "say the truth and nothing but the truth"...........If LadyG catches u ehn!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:47am On Nov 13, 2015
kacchiz:

Different scenario. This one is called fraud and willful misrepresentation

Engagement can always be defended but not advisable e.g she can claim her boyfriend went from super rich to broke.

KEY: Be 100% truthful during visa interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:51am On Nov 13, 2015
kacchiz:

God indeed! God encouraged you to lie to the VO that you are engaged? Nigerians and the abuse of the name of God.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:53am On Nov 13, 2015
kacchiz:

Don't be too sure yet until you pass through POE.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Teeboy22(m): 11:56am On Nov 13, 2015
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by thegreengooner(m): 12:52pm On Nov 13, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Liar Liar pants on fire.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by thegreengooner(m): 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2015
kacchiz:

I didn't know we were now encouraging misrepresentation on this forum.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
For the person that lied@ kacciz: breaking news _everything no matter how minute or seemingly innocuos is recorded.
I agtree with the previous speakers: u spoilt a good story with the un neccesaary lie and u now dragged God into your merde merde.
God has absolutely no business with liars.
Fyi this board is perused everyday and I Honestly wish they have seen this ur 'testimony'.
Please we Do not Encourage misrepresentation here. When u posted this story Here. U were looking for applause abi?! Hiss

@davidayo congrats! The transcript never load finish? grin

@adefas u might consider adding this to no 2.
Also involved in running a real estate business by renting out a particular Y flat out ... at so so amount per annum or month
This will add value to your earnings.
Remove the lastly in no 3. You are a business man in naija. We don't put a cap to the businesses we run.if u seen another money making Venture u no go join am? grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2015
When I posted earlier this week that being engaged is considered to be neither here nor there, a non discerning mind wouldn't understand what I meant. this kaccis story is an apt example of nigerians making visa applications for other nigerians more difficult since 1960.

Now a truly engaged fellow that could have Used his Engaged status as ties would be disavtantaged Cos of the kaccis of this World

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66