Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (851375 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anizi(f): 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2015
bbiz:
Hello Moms, I just downloaded one of the infant travel bed, They are several once you can choose from. Bassinet the airline give you is not free, it the money you paid for your baby that made you entitle to the bassinet. you don't have to pay for your baby, you can tell them you are carrying your baby on your lap and that you have a traveling bed. U also put the travelling bassinet(bed) in front of you just like the one the airline provided to you.
Hope I answered your question

No infant travels internationally without paying 10% of adult fare for that flight, if you like tell them you want to place the child on your back, you still have to pay, And the 10% is not bassinet fee, if it were bassinet fee, then when bassinets are fully book, other parents traveling with infants wont have to pay the 10%, but thats not the case!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anizi(f): 9:45pm On Oct 30, 2015
bbiz:

I did travel to nija without paying for mine daughter's because I learned from my last mistake. I am not going to say you are wrong because I don't know your own experience, I am just sharing mine. I am a frequent flyer that fly 2 to 3 times a year if not more.

I am also a frequent traveller, and i think i can confidently tell you its not possible, what airline do you fly with, am guessing your infants ticket was attached with yours and you were just giving the total cost thats why you didnt notice.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by DunnyGee: 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
I sent an email of my zero balance receipts prior to my drawbox and I wasn't called for interview. The visa was renewed and collected after 3working days. Hope this helps.

pampem:
Hello mums,

I greet. Please anyone done us drop box renewal after delivery in us? With a previous b1b2 visa. did you include receipts for full payment and the email sent to embassy notifying of intention to go deliver along side other documents to be submitted?
Note. No question as per pregnancy was asked during visa interview but the regular mail was sent prior to going for delivery in the states.
Please guidance and information is needed.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
neks31:
Hi all how u doin?? We just buried my dad today at a very young age less than 60 been crying and emotional and I'm cramping!!! Pls how is HOUSTON weather now?? Hope not too cold o

Pls take it easy because of your baby.

E-hugs

May God give you the fortitude to bear the loss

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 30, 2015
DunnyGee:
I sent an email of my zero balance receipts prior to my drawbox and I wasn't called for interview. The visa was renewed and collected after 3working days. Hope this helps.

Which e mail address did you send your zero balance receipt to?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ayanuke: 10:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
neks31:
Hi all how u doin?? We just buried my dad today at a very young age less than 60 been crying and emotional and I'm cramping!!! Pls how is HOUSTON weather now?? Hope not too cold o

So sad, May his soul rest in peace. Take care of you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by toitoi: 10:42pm On Oct 30, 2015
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

neks31:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 10:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
neks31:

Take it easy darling, for your sunshine baby.
God knows why, and he is resting in the Lord's bosom.
I can feel ur pain dear, lost my dad when he was 51, and mum a year later when she was 48... the pain never really goes away but God will see you through it. take it one day at a time, you will surely pull through.

Ndoh

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 11:22pm On Oct 30, 2015
neks31:

Sorry about your dad! May God strengthen you! Try to rest and take things easy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chicagomum: 2:37am On Oct 31, 2015
Not yet o. In a few days time. Trust you are great.

@neks take heart. It is well

bbaby84:

@Chicagomum
How far? You don port?

Just checking up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 2:46am On Oct 31, 2015
neks31:
my darling... May his soul RIP.... My condolences
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tobermom: 2:59am On Oct 31, 2015
ozycy:

I bought my infant ticket on Monday from Naija, called their US office same day to book bassinet, travelled on Wednesday.

Youre my mentor o with these your sharp moves. Hopefully this time next week i go dey naija too by Gods Grace

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 3:03am On Oct 31, 2015
firsttymum:
u r a strong woman o... U did everything so so fast
I no get choice, na only me Waka come, I had to be strong.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tobermom: 3:06am On Oct 31, 2015
Accept my condolences neks31. May God strengthen you.

Congratulations osycollins on the arrival of your LO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 3:15am On Oct 31, 2015
Tobermom:

Youre my mentor o with these your sharp moves. Hopefully this time next week i go dey naija too by Gods Grace
grin. You just had your baby on 23rd. Anyway I believe you can get all documents asap but allow baby to be up to 2weeks if not more. I travelled at 2weeks and 2days. I had to run. No place like home

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 4:22am On Oct 31, 2015
Take heart neks31. May his soul rest in perfect peace.Amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 5:03am On Oct 31, 2015
tosinajib:
Good evening ,

Please can anyone share the email address of Dr. La.
I need to send him a mail ASAP.

Many thanks

sharshman@docterla.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 5:55am On Oct 31, 2015
ozycy:

grin. You just had your baby on 23rd. Anyway I believe you can get all documents asap but allow baby to be up to 2weeks if not more. I travelled at 2weeks and 2days. I had to run. No place like home
wow.... Record breaker

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 6:42am On Oct 31, 2015
@neks31, accept my condolences! May the Lord strengthen you *e-hugs*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by francmoda: 6:43am On Oct 31, 2015
Please help...I mailed my Son's application for visa to the Atlanta consulate yesterday. I included a returned UPS envelope with tracking number. Will this be accepted or do I have to send USPS envelope
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dyout: 6:45am On Oct 31, 2015
@Necks31 May his soul RIP, accept my condolence.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mom4ever: 7:05am On Oct 31, 2015
pampem:
Hello mums,

I greet. Please anyone done us drop box renewal after delivery in us? With a previous b1b2 visa. did you include receipts for full payment and the email sent to embassy notifying of intention to go deliver along side other documents to be submitted?
Note. No question as per pregnancy was asked during visa interview but the regular mail was sent prior to going for delivery in the states.
Please guidance and information is needed.
Thanks
No, u will only need to submit your DS 160 confirmation page,2 passport photograph, international passport, Dropbox eligibility form and nothing more. No receipt or e mail to embassy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Fruitilicious: 7:26am On Oct 31, 2015
dyout:
@Necks31 May his soul RIP, accept my condolence.

Neks31 it is well, God knows best...
Be strong for your kid,may his soul rest in peace...
God be with you and yours...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dyout: 7:27am On Oct 31, 2015
It all started first, My wife and i finally got PTA from fidelity bank PH and Lagos respectively @199.05, after Access Bank stop selling the same day firstymum recommended, thanks.

Wify left Lagos on wednesday via KLM(Lagos-Amsterdam-Atlanta-Dallas). At MMI, luggage search was not done (when they notice she was pregnant, she couldn't lift her luggage) the man said carry ur wahala they goo...lolz. Had excess luggage of extra 3kg but was waived. No fit to fly was asked. Also booked wheelchair with assistance, Don't want to hear any story. She only used wheelchair in Atlanta, almost missed her connecting flight to Dallas.

Got to Amsterdam, took 4hrs layover before heading to Atlanta. POE gist:

CBP: what are u here for?
Wify: Vacation and child birth (She shouted the child birth)
CBP: Why are u fidgeting?
Wify: I am not fidgeting, just tired and i also told the Embassy of my child birth
CBP: Nope.... from our system u did not inform the Embassy
Wify: brought out the change of intent letter to/from the embassy
CBP: What do u do?
Wify: I am a Doc
CBP: why do u want to give birth in the USA?
Wify: for expert mgt
CBP: Is dat not irony for expert mgt and u are a doc in Nigeria
Wify: anyways Dats my preference I smiled
CBP: Wow... that is lovely and how much do u have?
Wify: i have $7,500 (it was not counted)
CBP: make sure you pay ur bills and keep ur receipts

He was asking all theses questions after stamping me till April next year
No Agriculture and she went with all the recommended food stuff, small palm oil and noodles. Gods favor all through. Her luggage was not searched through out her journey.
Chilling in Dallas for some days before porting El paso.

Forgive my typos

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by francmoda: 7:32am On Oct 31, 2015
Please help...I mailed my Son's application for visa to the Atlanta consulate yesterday. I included a returned UPS envelope with tracking number. Will this be accepted or do I have to send USPS envelope
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mom4ever: 7:37am On Oct 31, 2015
neks31 =39530326:
May he RIP. May God comfort you. *hugs*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by fehinebony(f): 8:36am On Oct 31, 2015
neks31:

Sorry for your loss dear,God will grant you the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss,Amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dere5: 8:40am On Oct 31, 2015
Mom4ever:

No, u will only need to submit yXour DS 160 confirmation page,2 passport photograph, international passport, Dropbox eligibility form and nothing more. No receipt or e mail to embassy.
Pls can someone help with this? when soneone is sending a fresh renewd passsport for dropbox visa renewal,do you still need to add your old expired passport that has the expired us visa in the DHL envilope or you just send your freshly renewd passpotr Only?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 8:56am On Oct 31, 2015
Thanks all for your kind wishes, May God bless you all.. Xo

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 9:03am On Oct 31, 2015
dere5:

Pls can someone help with this? when soneone is sending a fresh renewd passsport for dropbox visa renewal,do you still need to add your old expired passport that has the expired us visa in the DHL envilope or you just send your freshly renewd passpotr Only?

You must submit evidence of ur last visa

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yokus(f): 9:30am On Oct 31, 2015
So sorry for ur loss Neks. Olagirl im having issues responding to your pm.
Pls reiterating Neks question, whays the weather in Houston like?
Pls Ocy i can like to return in 2weeks to o, as opposd to 28days i did last time. Pls i am stil confused bout this ETC thing. N can u buy a one way ticket for a baby with ETC, cos i remember they ask for a return ticket for baby if they dont sight the Nig pp.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twingirls: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2015
QueenWest:

I think it's better you pay at gtbank than at the BA office, cos payment at the BA office attracts an extra charge. Their only office I know is at the airport. But I guess they have another one inside lagos.

Tanks @ cute, Queenwest and favoredgal, finally paid yesterday @GTB, paid 293, 201 as against 296, 630 quoted by travelstart. It was actually easy, the bank is right beside my office, so no stress at all.

@ neks 31, take it easy for you baby, be strong, he's gone to rest.

@ Dyout, congrats n ur wife's POE, wishing her a safe delivery

@Ozycy, dat was fast, I wish to be like you wen I grow up ooooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.