Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531741 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kdf3449(m): 6:41pm On Apr 19, 2016
Amother4life:

Did you people actually give the highlighted as a response to the Visa officers question of "why you are going to the United States?"...I hope it was a typo because that type of nervousness must have ruined a lot.

Sorry it was a typo.

@ Keni thanks for the assistance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
chloe7:
LadyGuinivere so here is my review of Iberia on my going leg, to Madrid from Lagos it was the Boeing that has the 3-3 seating style, mehn the seats were so tight Jesus Christ o ti tight ju, flight was really really really smooth, I had a three hours stop over in Madrid before proceeding to London Gatwick, I flew IBERIA express abi wetin dem dey call am, it was a 3 hour flight also a 3-3 seating arrangement but more leg more and a newer aircraft, I now reach Gatwick see immigration queue na no be for here, I was on that queue for more than 1 hour but the consolation was no too much question at border force, only you are here for a visit right? I said yes and I was stamped, O pari grin I carry my load waka wink
please do u require a transit visa? I am flying the same route and just want to know.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nicolofm: 8:07pm On Apr 19, 2016
jello house, please will it be appreciate for someone going to north Carolina on visitor visa for the first time to first fly to new York (JFK) spend a night at the hotel then processed to nc.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ayluvparis: 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
nicolofm:
jello house, please will it be appreciate for someone going to north Carolina on visitor visa for the first time to first fly to new York (JFK) spend a night at the hotel then processed to nc.

Before u are processed in north carolina u will appreciate in newyork jfk den straight to naija.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 19, 2016
wale006:
please do u require a transit visa? I am flying the same route and just want to know.
no you don't require a transit visa if you are flying same route as mine or to other countries, it's just a transit for a few hours right?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by epudomij: 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
Hello again pls,

My father's friend is inviting me to visit the US. He invited my father some yrs back and my father got the visa. Since then he's been doing drop box.

(I'm married and I've changed surname bt ofcos there is a section in the form that asks for names used in the past and another section for parent's details)

Now in the form, what do I state as the relationship btw me and this contact person in the US? Relative, friend, others?

Cn my father's friend be my friend? Hw do I explain further if I'm asked to explain myself at the interview? Do I then say he's actually a family friend that's why I picked friend? Or do I pick others in the form? And if asked to explain myself at the interview i'll say he's a close family friend nd a friend of my father for xyz number of yrs?

Pls advise.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 10:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
Hello All,

I want to bring the challenges i'm presently facing with my completed DS-160 form.

We filled the form with intent to appear for interview in Lagos. Unfortunately, work took me to Abuja and i will be there for the next few months. Our family interview date is Monday 25th, 2016. I was able to get a date for interview in Abuja.

The challenges are:
My wife and my daughter's DS-160 confirmation reads location selected: LGS, U.S Consulate General Lagos. While mine is Abuja because i was able to change mine before i submitted. My wife forgot to change her location before she submitted her application.

What i want to know is:
Can we still use this same DS-160 confirmation page in Abuja while location selected on the page is Lagos?

Please note that interview location is Abuja as stated on the confirmation of appointment page.

If i cant use this DS-160 confirmation page, please advise what i need to do to resolve this issue. Please note that interview date is Monday 25th of April, 2016.

Counting your sincere advise.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sternosa: 10:29pm On Apr 19, 2016
Hello house.
I want to travel to the US but I have two issues:
1) I don't have accommodation.
2) I would need a job.

Can someone please give me realistic advice on how I can go about these issues. Thanks (PS I am an American Citizen that has lived in Nigeria all his life)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:
@grabeconnie I saw you peeping. Share your transcript.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:28am On Apr 20, 2016
sternosa:
Hello house.
2) I would need a job.

Can someone please give me realistic advice on how I can go about these issues. Thanks (PS I am an American Citizen that has lived in Nigeria all his life)

This is a new one!!!

How exactly can we help you? It's a big jump you are about to take cos this is full relocation.

Are you married? If not, better, if yes, then you will have to leave your folks behind till u settle down.

Where in US are you going to? I will suggest new York. Because Alicia Keys said if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

As per job, do you have your ssn? If no, get one once you get there, process one so you can open a bank account and for tax purposes.

Do you have a US degree? If not, you may not get an awesome job in your field. Hence, you may have to start again. I will suggest you start with an associate degree so that you can get financial aid.

For the first few months, you may have to manage minimum wage jobs such as walmart, subway, target, or security jobs. Or get a state id and a licence so that you can start driving cabs, just make sure you understand US traffic laws, cos US police loves to milk cab drivers. You can also start off as an uber driver, if you can afford a car.

Anybody else can assist this young un find his way back home.

PS: how did you become a citizen?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sternosa: 12:42am On Apr 20, 2016
nefertitiram:

This is a new one!!!

How exactly can we help you? It's a big jump you are about to take cos this is full relocation.

Are you married? If not, better, if yes, then you will have to leave your folks behind till u settle down.

Where in US are you going to? I will suggest new York. Because Alicia Keys said if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

As per job, do you have your ssn? If no, get one once you get there, process one so you can open a bank account and for tax purposes.

Do you have a US degree? If not, you may not get an awesome job in your field. Hence, you may have to start again. I will suggest you start with an associate degree so that you can get financial aid.

For the first few months, you may have to manage minimum wage jobs such as walmart, subway, target, or security jobs. Or get a state id and a licence so that you can start driving cabs, just make sure you understand US traffic laws, cos US police loves to milk cab drivers. You can also start off as an uber driver, if you can afford a car.

Anybody else can assist this young un find his way back home.

PS: how did you become a citizen?
I was born there. And yes, I have my SSN.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:50am On Apr 20, 2016
sternosa:

I was born there. And yes, I have my SSN.

Great. So peruse my advise above.

As per accomodation, check out homestay dot com and airbnb dot com for long stay options that may fit your budget
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:31am On Apr 20, 2016
sternosa:
Hello house.
2) I would need a job.

Based on your no 1 nd 2 questions. You don't need a visa and intend to relocate. That being the case, you are on the wrong thread. Please visit the other threads for migrants. This is to prevent B visitor applicants from getting issues mixed up here. Hope you understand. Good luck in your endeavours
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:47am On Apr 20, 2016
epudomij:
Hello again pls,

My father's friend is inviting me to visit the US. He invited my father some yrs back and my father got the visa. Since then he's been doing drop box.

(I'm married and I've changed surname bt ofcos there is a section in the form that asks for names used in the past and another section for parent's details)

Now in the form, what do I state as the relationship btw me and this contact person in the US? Relative, friend, others?

Cn my father's friend be my friend? Hw do I explain further if I'm asked to explain myself at the interview? Do I then say he's actually a family friend that's why I picked friend? Or do I pick others in the form? And if asked to explain myself at the interview i'll say he's a close family friend nd a friend of my father for xyz number of yrs?

Pls advise.
Adanne. These are the little little 'overthinkings' that don't help anybody. Btw, why did u ask this question on the vo's Thread? They don't tell folks how to fill forms.
Let's follow your question nwayo nwayo.He invited your father sometime ago? So that means there's already a history of a relationship between your families. Why then are you panicking?
Can your father's friend be your friend? Why not? Is a familly friend a specie of friend? I believe so, same as pen pals, classmates etc are all varying species of friends.
The question is which Are you most comfortable referring to him as? He is clearly not your Relative. If u decide on Friend,you have an opportunity to clarify if the clarification is needed. If u decide on others, you can also clarify if need be.
My point is just that in the circumstance, pick the option that feels truest in your heart. You know why? Cos when you believe a fact to be true, you are not jumpy or fidgety and if asked to explain, that confidence is what works in your favour.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:06am On Apr 20, 2016
nicolofm:
I don't quite understand you.
Do you mean 'If it woud be possible for a first time traveller to the north carolina to land first in JKF and then proceed to North Carolina after spending a night in new york'?
If that's what you meant then yes it is possible. You will simply have to explain your itinerary to the cbp if you are asked. If you have a fligjt or bus ticket to support that assertion, you simply show it

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 20, 2016
The interview was not successful. I guess I was denied
based on my travel history..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 20, 2016
The interview was not successful. I guess I was denied based on my travel history.. What do you all think? What did I do wrong? And what can I adjust the next time?
Vo- Pass me your passport
me- I did.
Vo- Where are you going?
Me- Lancaster, California
Vo- why are going there?
Me- Going there to attend Spiritual Leadership Conference at Lancaster Baptist Church
Vo- What do you do?
Me- I am a Pastor at -----Baptist Church
Vo- How much do you make?
Me- #188500
Vo- Are you married?
me: Yes ma'am
Vo- Any Children?
Me- Yes, a girl
Vo- Your wedding anniversary?
Me: February 15, 2014
Vo- Have you traveled outside before?
Me: Ghana, Togo, Benin, Liberia, Sierra Leone.
She typed for 30seconds, and gave me refusal letter. I guess I was denied based on my travel history.
What do you all think?
Lady G, Front page Lawyer and others please help
I have another conference coming up in August?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nicolofm: 7:43am On Apr 20, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I don't quite understand you.
Do you mean 'If it woud be possible for a first time traveller to the north carolina to land first in JKF and then proceed to North Carolina after spending a night in new york'?
If that's what you meant then yes it is possible. You will simply have to explain your itinerary to the cbp if you are asked. If you have a fligjt or bus ticket to support that assertion, you simply show it

thank you very much for your response. yes that is exactly what I mean. must such ticket be a two way ticket? I mean the ticket from NY to Nc.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:59am On Apr 20, 2016
nicolofm:

thank you very much for your response. yes that is exactly what I mean. must such ticket be a two way ticket? I mean the ticket from NY to Nc.
Its only logical that if u intend to return, your ticket should be a return one. It would be hard to convince a reasonable man otherwise.

Grabconnie between now and august will there be a material change in your circumstance? If in the affirmative u can repply. If not you are advised not to

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 20, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Its only logical that if u intend to return, your ticket should be a return one. It would be hard to convince a reasonable man otherwise.

Grabconnie between now and august will there be a material change in your circumstance? If in the affirmative u can repply. If not you are advised not to

Thank you for getting back to me.

Would you please clarify material change in my circumstance?

Your input would be highly welcomed..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:58am On Apr 20, 2016
grabeconnie:

Material change in your personal circumstances eg- a job promotion, marriage etc
In your travel history . Check the refusal letter. What they consider as ties is listed. By your own submission, you believe u were refused because of lack of travel history. If u reapply in august, would that have changed? If not what is it that you feel would lead to to a different outcome?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 12:01pm On Apr 20, 2016
grabeconnie:

Material change could be could be change in job, position, promotion, marriage, appointment etc . Which will increase your social status and ties to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:12pm On Apr 20, 2016
@Nicesoul fill another DS160 for your family and go to feedback on the CGI website and write them explaining the problem and provide them with the new ds160 number and the data page of each applicant.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2016
seyewest:
@Nicesoul fill another DS160 for your family and go to feedback on the CGI website and write them explaining the problem and provide them with the new ds160 number and the data page of each applicant.

Thank you for your response seyewest.

I believe each DS160 have a unique barcode. I have printed appointment confirmation with the old DS 160 confirmation barcode. The real problem is matching the new barcode on DS160 confirmation page with appointment confirmation page.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:06pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nicesoul:

Thank you for your response seyewest.

I believe each DS160 have a unique barcode. I have printed appointment confirmation with the old DS 160 confirmation barcode. The real problem is matching the new barcode on DS160 confirmation page with appointment confirmation page.

write them on the website you made appointment for interview. They will answer you instantly..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2016
seyewest:
write them on the website you made appointment for interview. They will answer you instantly..

Thank you for your prompt response seyewest. I actually sent them an email last night and they replied this morning. See the response below:

Thank you for writing U.S. Visa Service Desk.

The Embassy or Consulate you select at the beginning of the Form DS-160 must be the same Embassy or Consulate where you schedule your interview appointment.

Kindly note that we don't have access to your DS 160 and you will not be able to retrieve and modify information in the DS-160 application once it is completed. If you wish to correct and/or update information, please disregard the old DS-160 application and create a new application, then bring the new DS-160 confirmation page at the time of interview. You can access the DS-160 form in the website https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Please make sure that the DS-160 barcode number in your profile on www.ustraveldocs.com matches with the barcode number on your DS-160 documents. The Consulate will not permit you to enter or be interviewed at the Embassy if your DS-160 confirmation number is different on what you have in your appointment cofirmation letter. You will be responsible for rescheduling your appointment on another day if they do not match.

PLEASE NOTE: You are to fill out your DS-160 form correctly before scheduling an appointment. You will only be allowed to attend your interview with the passport bearing the number entered in your DS-160 confirmation form, if your name exactly matches the name in your passport, and with a DS160 confirmation printout that matches the DS160 application (CEAC) receipt number you used when scheduling the appointment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:49pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nicesoul:

Thank you for your prompt response seyewest. I actually sent them an email last night and they replied this morning. See the response below:

Thank you for writing U.S. Visa Service Desk.

The Embassy or Consulate you select at the beginning of the Form DS-160 must be the same Embassy or Consulate where you schedule your interview appointment.

Kindly note that we don't have access to your DS 160 and you will not be able to retrieve and modify information in the DS-160 application once it is completed. If you wish to correct and/or update information, please disregard the old DS-160 application and create a new application, then bring the new DS-160 confirmation page at the time of interview. You can access the DS-160 form in the website https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Please make sure that the DS-160 barcode number in your profile on www.ustraveldocs.com matches with the barcode number on your DS-160 documents. The Consulate will not permit you to enter or be interviewed at the Embassy if your DS-160 confirmation number is different on what you have in your appointment cofirmation letter. You will be responsible for rescheduling your appointment on another day if they do not match.

PLEASE NOTE: You are to fill out your DS-160 form correctly before scheduling an appointment. You will only be allowed to attend your interview with the passport bearing the number entered in your DS-160 confirmation form, if your name exactly matches the name in your passport, and with a DS160 confirmation printout that matches the DS160 application (CEAC) receipt number you used when scheduling the appointment.

Have you filled another DS160 form? if so let me know
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nicesoul:

Have you filled another DS160 form? if so let me know

I'm in the process of doing that now. Another quick question.

My wife travel date is not the same with mine because she's going for medical and will spend more weeks. I plan to travel my daughter later in the year while my wife departure date is in July. The questions are:

On wife DS160, can she indicate that she's travelling with companion? If yes, can this be applied to daughter's DS 160 to?

Thank you for your time and support.

Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nicesoul:

My wife travel date is not the same with mine because she's going for medical and will spend more weeks. I plan to travel my daughter later in the year while my wife departure date is in July. The questions are:

On wife DS160, can she indicate that she's travelling with companion? If yes, can this be applied to daughter's DS 160 to?

Regards
Em bros eh. This reply you got from them. Lemme break it down. They can't edit ds 160 for you. If you fill another ds 160 it will have a different code from the one that U booked Appt with. That's why u need to email them to swap the new with the old as seye said. After filling the new ds 160 ul see it dosent match and you have already stated the caveat ...the earlier you complete this process, the better for u. If your wife and child intend to travel with a companion. Then yes, she can indicate so. That's why the column is provided for
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 4:10pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nicesoul:

Regards

My sister,

Thank you for your response and support. Much appreciated. Will complete new DS160 ASAP.

Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:11pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nicesoul:

Regards
Are you traveling together? if so indicate that and indicate her return date as well. It won't be a problem if you disclose it during the interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nicesoul:

My sister,
Thank you for your response and support. Much appreciated. Will complete new DS160 ASAP.
Regards

We are not traveling together. Wife travel date is in July while my daughter and myself travel date is August.

Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.