Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536688 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nicesoul:

We are not traveling together. Wife travel date is in July while my daughter and myself travel date is August.

Regards
Bros I'm a man ooooo... and in your DS160 form there's a space where they will ask if you have made travel arrangement I believe it should be yes and you will go ahead to list your arrangement and do the same for your wife and daughter in their respective forms.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 7:47pm On Apr 20, 2016
seyewest:
Bros I'm a man ooooo... and in your DS160 form there's a space where they will ask if you have made travel arrangement I believe it should be yes and you will go ahead to list your arrangement and do the same for your wife and daughter in their respective forms.

Hello Bro,

Travel arrangements is intact. There's a part on the form where they ask about travel companion. What I'm asking is, since we have different travel dates, I'm I meant to add my wife and daughter as travel companion?

My wife will travel in July while I and my daughter will travel In August.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbuddie: 7:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
Good evening everyone, just stumbled on this link a few days back and been reading from the old post to this part 2 and has since been insightful. Applied in 2013 for family got bounced cos I goofed on the Q on cost of the trip. The VO said "you are using your disposable income for d trip"(no travel history for all of us) I vex go Dubai in 2013, applied for UK in 2014 with family went and came back. In 2015, I applied solo to US again I. Got bounced again. I vex go Dubai wit wifey. Chloe7 is giving me hope , I. Just paid for visa fees for d family against August this year. My wife's cousin wants to send an invite. I used hotel on d 2 previous occasion to Florida, she's in Maryland. Should we stick to Florida and use Hotel or go wit her cousin's invite. Is it smart to change where we are visiting this time. Ur sincere answers will be appreciated. (I haven't completed d DS160 cos of dis.Chloe7, lady G et al
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nicesoul:

Hello Bro,

Travel arrangements is intact. There's a part on the form where they ask about travel companion. What I'm asking is, since we have different travel dates, I'm I meant to add my wife and daughter as travel companion?

My wife will travel in July while I and my daughter will travel In August.
your travel companion is your daughter alone.
Your wife will travel on her on as well.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2016
seyewest:
your travel companion is your daughter alone.
Your wife will travel on her on as well.

Thank bros. it's clear now. DS160 form completed, what do I do next?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:25pm On Apr 20, 2016
Kbuddie:
Good evening everyone, just stumbled on this link a few days back and been reading from the old post to this part 2 and has since been insightful. Applied in 2013 for family got bounced cos I goofed on the Q on cost of the trip. The VO said "you are using your disposable income for d trip"(no travel history for all of us) I vex go Dubai in 2013, applied for UK in 2014 with family went and came back. In 2015, I applied solo to US again I. Got bounced again. I vex go Dubai wit wifey. Chloe7 is giving me hope , I. Just paid for visa fees for d family against August this year. My wife's cousin wants to send an invite. I used hotel on d 2 previous occasion to Florida, she's in Maryland. Should we stick to Florida and use Hotel or go wit her cousin's invite. Is it smart to change where we are visiting this time. Ur sincere answers will be appreciated. (I haven't completed d DS160 cos of dis.Chloe7, lady G et al
Purpose of trip in my opinion weighs less than ties.
From what you have said, your circumstances Have changed. But I have a bit of a concern. Despite your family trip to the UK, you still were refused. What happened exactly on your ist application?
Ist time I applied to go to one place like that. Can't remember the state. 2nd time I used orlando. I remember the vo asking me where I wanted to visit the last time and I couldn't remember. Point is, u mustnt apply to visit the same place
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Amother4life: 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
Kbuddie:

You explained why you think you were denied in 2013 but didn't mention the reason for the 2015 denial.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbuddie: 8:35pm On Apr 20, 2016
Point is, u mustnt apply to visit the same place[/quote]

So we can try Maryland dis time using my wife's cousin's invite. She offered to accommodate us. We can afford to pay for our own hotel.

Thanks lady G
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by earthrealm(m): 8:38pm On Apr 20, 2016
Kbuddie:

this is no straight answer to ur question.........its strange to be denied after doing a family visit to uk..the previous yr.
who filled ur form for u?...an agent?..was there any form of mis representation in the 2 occasions u applied?......

2ndly did ur wife acknowledge her cousin as being a relative while filling the ds 160 form.....cos if she didnt...n u now want to use her as a usa contact.......its gonna backfire.......na wetin them dey calling lying/misrepresentation....

whats ur monthly income like.....ur wife works?
try n post the transcript for the 2 failed interviews....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbuddie: 8:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
I can't remember d details but I will try.

VO: morning
Me:Morning
VO:passport
VO:Date of birth
Me: January bla bla
VO:have u travelled before
Me: yeah, Dubai and UK
Vo:why isn't ur wife travelling with u
Me: she's busy, couldn't get time off work
VO: why are u travelling
Me:Vacation
VO:where
Me:Orlando Florida
VO:where will u b visiting
Me: Disneyland,....(vo cuts in)
VO:disneyland is more suitable for people travelling with kids.
Me:i ve got museum(cant remember d name now)
VO:sorry...(u know d rest of d story)

My wife is a homemaker, I earn a little less than 500k monthly after taxes. @ 2013 earning a little above 300k then and my wife is still a homemaker then.

@ Lady G, I applied myself on both occasions and kept copies of DS 160 forms on both cases

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbuddie: 8:57pm On Apr 20, 2016
My wife's cousin was in Naija in 2013 wen we applied, she left late 2013 after our interview. She left on DV
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:02pm On Apr 20, 2016
Kbudi for that transcipt posted, you were obviosly not prepared. The VO no just chop your story. Me sef no chop am grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 9:19pm On Apr 20, 2016
is it possible to change interview venue from Abuja to Lagos, after appointment has been booked? how can I do it please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbuddie: 9:19pm On Apr 20, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Kbudi for that transcipt posted, you were obviosly not prepared. The VO no just chop your story. Me sef no chop am grin

Really @ Lady G? Can't really remember preparing dat hard for my professional exams. Sincerely, what questions could I have answered differently
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:06pm On Apr 20, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Purpose of trip in my opinion weighs less than ties.
From what you have said, your circumstances Have changed. But I have a bit of a concern. Despite your family trip to the UK, you still were refused. What happened exactly on your ist application?
Ist time I applied to go to one place like that. Can't remember the state. 2nd time I used orlando. I remember the vo asking me where I wanted to visit the last time and I couldn't remember. Point is, u mustnt apply to visit the same place
except New York grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:09pm On Apr 20, 2016
Kbuddie:

Really @ Lady G? Can't really remember preparing dat hard for my professional exams. Sincerely, what questions could I have answered differently
U already said it. Disney? Alone? Musuem alone? All the way from naija na muesuem u wan go? U no see calabar go museum?
Somebody travelling alone might claim LA to see the Hollywood walk of fame or Vegas to see the Bellagio Fountain or NY to see the world trade center... You get the idea.
Much as I'm of the opinion that one can say he wants to go and see snow as a reason, the vo just saw u as being unprepared. A person just applying to visit without knowing how the US works...those are the ones they are scared of. All of y'all should repply.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:17pm On Apr 20, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

U already said it. Disney? Alone? Musuem alone? All the way from naija na muesuem u wan go? U no see calabar go museum?
Somebody travelling alone might claim LA to see the Hollywood walk of fame or Vegas to see the Bellagio Fountain or NY to see the world trade center... You get the idea.
Much as I'm of the opinion that one can say he wants to go and see snow as a reason, the vo just saw u as being unprepared. A person just applying to visit without knowing how the US works...those are the ones they are scared of. All of y'all should repply.
Inshort what madam LadyG is saying is that the V.O expect you to do your research on where you are visiting in the U.S and also have a valid reason for the visit because U.S is not like U.K where you can visit only London and that's all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 11:46pm On Apr 20, 2016
Thank you for your usual cooperation.
seyewest:

Oga seyewest,

I have completed new ds 160. Can you please advise what i need to do next?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:29am On Apr 21, 2016
Kbuddie:
I can't remember d details but I will try.

VO: morning
Me:Morning
VO:passport
VO:Date of birth
Me: January bla bla
VO:have u travelled before
Me: yeah, Dubai and UK
Vo:why isn't ur wife travelling with u
Me: she's busy, couldn't get time off work
VO: why are u travelling
Me:Vacation
VO:where
Me:Orlando Florida
VO:where will u b visiting
Me: Disneyland,....(vo cuts in)
VO:disneyland is more suitable for people travelling with kids.
Me:i ve got museum(cant remember d name now)
VO:sorry...(u know d rest of d story)

My wife is a homemaker, I earn a little less than 500k monthly after taxes. @ 2013 earning a little above 300k then and my wife is still a homemaker then.

@ Lady G, I applied myself on both occasions and kept copies of DS 160 forms on both cases

Disneyland is in california, disneyworld is in Orlando.

I'm laughing, no vex but disneyland/world is for kids na! Next time jst choose Hollywood or Las Vegas

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbuddie: 7:57am On Apr 21, 2016
Thanks everyone for d contribution. I really didn't think it was a big deal. I felt they ought to see I'm legit.i thought my wife n kids would be my tie, dat was why I applied alone but now i know better.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 21, 2016
Kbuddie:
Thanks everyone for d contribution. I really didn't think it was a big deal. I felt they ought to see I'm legit.i thought my wife n kids would be my tie, dat was why I applied alone but now i know better.

You were not planning to go to Disneyland anyway and that's why you were refused.
It was obvious. A family man going on vacation just to see Disney.
Those kind of reasons sound like advice they give you in cybercafé.

Now that you are applying again with family just say the truth. You are visiting your wife's cousin who recently relocated . Its a family holiday

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by GeenaAurora: 11:44am On Apr 21, 2016
Good job y'all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by superfavour(m): 1:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
Just had my US visa after 4 attempts, transcript coming soon, It was only God's favour, Because I was staring at another denial

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2016
Nicesoul:

Thank you for your usual cooperation.

Oga seyewest,

I have completed new ds 160. Can you please advise what i need to do next?
write them on the site you made the interview appointment and tell them you will like them to change your ds160 number and provide them with the new ds160 number and the data page of the international passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2016
superfavour:
Just had my US visa after 4 attempts, transcript coming soon, It was only God's favour, Because I was staring at another denial
Congrats and waiting eagerly for the transcript.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbuddie: 3:57pm On Apr 21, 2016
superfavour:

Congrats.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by superfavour(m): 4:39pm On Apr 21, 2016
We give all glory to God! There is something called un merited favour
Interview at the abuja consulate 9.00am
Prayed and studied all night at my hotel
They started calling the appointment dates, my interview was for 9:00am ,when I entered the hall , 4 active cubicle, 6,7,8,9. Lots of refusals, nobody was smiling, the elderly man at 6 gave very a few tho, I had calculated I could fall into of those ladies ,started praying inside because people with almost same profile with me were refused, Was eventually called to cubicle 3, a pretty asian.a young lady ,in an enclosed office with two chairs
Vo: good morning
Me : good morning
Me :Can I seat?
Vo? Sure, pls pass your passport
Me, passed my receipt inclusive
Vo: Just your passport and ds 160 with a heavenly smile
Vo:why you going to texas
Me : To attend xyz conference
Vo: Why must you attend?
Me: Am the DPA(designated person ashore ) for my company
VO: That smile again, what do you do
Me: Am a x engr for an IOC, and I do so so and so
Vo: Tell me about how to stop gas flaring
Me: Explained with so many engineering terms
Vo:wow, you were refused in 2014
Me: Yes, was decided to give the us a break and focus on my career
Vo : how much do you earn
Me: 6 digits
Looks at a paper beside her and nods with that smile again
Vo:Have you travelled out before
Me: UAE, did a marine superintendent course
Vo: Your visa has been issued,passes white paper
Me: Thank you

It was just God, cause I would have fallen to the wrong person , had my interview sitting . It was just God timing my steps.
Hope you picked one or two things.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2016
seyewest:

write them on the site you made the interview appointment and tell them you will like them to change your ds160 number and provide them with the new ds160 number and the data page of the international passport.

Oga Seyewest,

Thanks a lot for your time and support. I actually did that last night and everything is fine now. Although i call their phone number, a lady i spoke with told me it usually takes 24 - 48 hrs before profile is updated. I and my wife prayed and hope it will be corrected tomorrow morning at least. We are surprised updated profile notification came few hours after 11 am.

Thank you once again, your response was quite helpful.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2016
superfavour:
They started calling the appointment dates, my interview was for 9:00am ,when I entered the hall , 4 active cubicle, 6,7,8,9. Lots of refusals, nobody was smiling, the elderly man at 6 gave very a few tho, I had calculated I could fall into of those ladies ,started praying inside because people with almost same profile with me were refused, Was eventually called to cubicle 3, a pretty asian.a young lady ,in an enclosed office with two chairs

It was just God, cause I would have fallen to the wrong person , had my interview sitting . It was just God timing my steps.

Your profile is strong and you came off sounding intelligent and as a professional. Any of the VO'S would have given you the visa

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 8:24pm On Apr 21, 2016
nefertitiram:

Your profile is strong and you came off sounding intelligent and as a professional. Any of the VO'S would have given you the visa

So he didn't sound intelligent when he suffered the previous refusals?

Make God just let us find favour with the VO at that point.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:39pm On Apr 21, 2016
superfavour:

Congrats bro but a chair in ABUJA? wow
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:41pm On Apr 21, 2016
Nicesoul:

Oga Seyewest,

Thanks a lot for your time and support. I actually did that last night and everything is fine now. Although i call their phone number, a lady i spoke with told me it usually takes 24 - 48 hrs before profile is updated. I and my wife prayed and hope it will be corrected tomorrow morning at least. We are surprised updated profile notification came few hours after 11 am.

Thank you once again, your response was quite helpful.
God bless you bro and please do me a favor?
Get that VISAAAAAAAAAA

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.