Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,594 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536898 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 9:25pm On May 19, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I told him to acknowledge his misrepresentation when reapplying so I didn't advice/believe he shouldn't reapply. My only grouse with your post was with the reference to the old passport. Kinda implying a possibility of them not figuring out its the same fella. Such innundoes can make folks not to see the error in continuing with the former lie. Peace !

oh. I didn't mean they ll not know. Fingerprints taken @ d embassy ll reveal that its the same person applying. What I just stress for him is that with 11 years in between , he can apply again and b truthful about his present and past application if asked about it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:52am On May 20, 2016
brighter2moro:
Hello house,i applied for USA visit visa in 2005 thru an agent but was refused visa.

Now am married with kids and my inlaw in USA is trying to send me an IV, although when I used the agent in 2005,all docs was forged so my fear now is Will the info I used in 2005 still be in their Database or System?

2. How about if I decide to travel to any other country,then apply for USA visa frm there,will they still have my information of 2005 application in Nigeria?
Thanks

Ummm, yes. All of your fraudulent information will be in the system.

Mistakes are mistakes (wrong date of birth on the form) but falsifying everything is a serious matter. We'll have your fingerprints on file anyways so it isn't as if you can hide it by changing names...

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Herbwise(m): 2:21pm On May 20, 2016
please help. my invitation letter was scanned to my email box. can i use a scanned copy? or what are the consequences? urgent pls. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Herbwise(m): 2:22pm On May 20, 2016
please help. my invitation letter was scanned to my mail. can i use that for interview? WHATS THE CONSEQUENCES?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 20, 2016
Herbwise:
please help. my invitation letter was scanned to my mail. can i use that for interview? WHATS THE CONSEQUENCES?
none. The VO won't even notice you came with a letter
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by purpleblood: 3:06pm On May 20, 2016
Hi guys, It's a long one, but apologies.
I might have the opportunity of coming to torrance in California for a factory training on aircraft maintenance in October.  I am not working, I don't have much ties in Nigeria, but I was able to bargain with a company where I worked before to back me up as they have been sending people for the training. So they have accepted on the condition I will pay for the course through them, and they will give me supporting documents that will show that they are the ones sending me for the course. This course would actually improve my chances of getting a job in Nigeria,  but that is under probability considering the condition of Nigeria. I am a licenced aircraft maintenance engineer in nigeria. But I never had the opportunity to secure a job.
My plan now is to do the course in carlifornia, convert my licence to FAA (American licence). And get a job in the US. I know it's not going to be that straightforward considering the immigration hurdles, work permit and all that. Right now, my parents are still the ones sponsoring me. They have spent all their savings to ensure I got Nigerian licence. They even have to get loan to pay for this course. Right now, I am at the stage of visa application. My questions now are:
1. What are my chances of getting a visa considering that the company is backing me. (The company are the only dealers of this aircraft in Nigeria at the moment).
2. What kind of visa am I expecting? What could be the validity? And what are my chances of getting a work permit with such visa?
3. What are my chances of getting something small to be doing (hustling) and survival without much money and with this visit visa.
4. Do you think it's worth risking? I have roughly 1.5million  naira ($4000 USD) now for the whole thing. Course fee, Visa, flight ticket might take up to $2000USD
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keni: 3:18pm On May 20, 2016
purpleblood:
I might have the opportunity of coming to torrance in California for a factory training on aircraft maintenance in October.  I am not working, I don't have much ties in Nigeria, but I was able to bargain with a company where I worked before to back me up as they have been sending people for the training. So they have accepted on the condition I will pay for the course through them, and they will give me supporting documents that will show that they are the ones sending me for the course. This course would actually improve my chances of getting a job in Nigeria,  but that is under probability considering the condition of Nigeria. I am a licenced aircraft maintenance engineer in nigeria. But I never had the opportunity to secure a job.
My plan now is to do the course in carlifornia, convert my licence to FAA (American licence). And get a job in the US. I know it's not going to be that straightforward considering the immigration hurdles, work permit and all that. Right now, my parents are still the ones sponsoring me. They have spent all their savings to ensure I got Nigerian licence. They even have to get loan to pay for this course. Right now, I am at the stage of visa application. My questions now are:
1. What are my chances of getting a visa considering that the company is backing me. (The company are the only dealers of this aircraft in Nigeria at the moment).
2. What kind of visa am I expecting? What could be the validity? And what are my chances of getting a work permit with such visa?
3. What are my chances of getting something small to be doing (hustling) and survival without much money and with this visit visa.
4. Do you think it's worth risking? I have roughly 1.5million  naira ($4000 USD) now for the whole thing. Course fee, Visa, flight ticket might take up to $2000USD

1) Dont go through the plan you have highlighted as regards travelling
2) Try to hussle more, pray more so that you can secure a job here in Nigeria
3) See what that 1.5 million can do for you here

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hilda2016(f): 3:19pm On May 20, 2016
@Purpleblood, I think you are on the "very wrong" platform. Read through previous questions/reply and you will understand what I mean.
-Wish you the best!!!

Maybe you can ask your immigrant questions here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2669622/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by itstpia8: 4:22pm On May 20, 2016
purpleblood:

Asking questions like these on nairaland instead of the relevant agencies, do not make you appear nonterrorist.

Why not look for the proper accrediting agency and ask them how you can work in the US and explain your reasons for wanting to do so.

For starters, contact this parastatal, not nairaland:

http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by purpleblood: 5:24pm On May 20, 2016
keni:

1) Dont go through the plan you have highlighted as regards travelling
2) Try to hussle more, pray more so that you can secure a job here in Nigeria
3) See what that 1.5 million can do for you here

1. Course fee is refundable, so if I don't get visa I will get 90% of the money back. The only risk is the $100 visa application fee. It's worth giving a trial. I don't have a travel experience. This is my opportunity to get 1. I don't intend to stay illegal in the US. I have plans of coming back after my course and conversion of my license. It shouldn't take more than 1 month if I plan it well. If I can achieve this I will be very glad coming back because it means that I can apply for jobs outside nigeria. Lots of openings in middle-east.
2. With the current economic situation in Nigeria, I don't think hustling is my best bet. I can loose 1.5million, and start all over again.
3. I'm sure I will get more money from family and relatives if I secure visa. Just that for now, they are still skeptical about my ability to secure a visa with the plan.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by purpleblood: 5:32pm On May 20, 2016
Hilda2016:
@Purpleblood, I think you are on the "very wrong" platform. Read through previous questions/reply and you will understand what I mean.
-Wish you the best!!!

Maybe you can ask your immigrant questions here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2669622/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s
I've gone through some posts here. And I must say that it's info-packed. I am posting on this thread because I learnt the visa I could get for this purpose is a visit visa. But thanks a lot. I'm already on the link you sent.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by purpleblood: 5:48pm On May 20, 2016
itstpia8:

Asking questions like these on nairaland instead of the relevant agencies, do not make you appear nonterrorist.

Why not look for the proper accrediting agency and ask them how you can work in the US and explain your reasons for wanting to do so.

For starters, contact this parastatal, not nairaland:

http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/
@itstpia thank you for this info. I've been on this research though for some time. Seems you're into similar line of profession. We can discuss privately if so. I've sent you a PM. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by purpleblood: 5:58pm On May 20, 2016
@ Itstpia8 am looking at it from the immigration point of view, not FAA. Because finally, immigration would grant me authority to work in US. Although getting guides from the professional body would be very helpful.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Emmyrate(m): 6:52pm On May 20, 2016
Gud day everybody in the house ,pls on the ds160 form .the question contact person name in the USA.what is the best reply for it .am going for a conference sponsored by my company,and ve my iv letter wt me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 7:19pm On May 20, 2016
purpleblood:

1. Course fee is refundable, so if I don't get visa I will get 90% of the money back. The only risk is the $100 visa application fee. It's worth giving a trial. I don't have a travel experience. This is my opportunity to get 1. I don't intend to stay illegal in the US. I have plans of coming back after my course and conversion of my license. It shouldn't take more than 1 month if I plan it well. If I can achieve this I will be very glad coming back because it means that I can apply for jobs outside nigeria. Lots of openings in middle-east.
2. With the current economic situation in Nigeria, I don't think hustling is my best bet. I can loose 1.5million, and start all over again.
3. I'm sure I will get more money from family and relatives if I secure visa. Just that for now, they are still skeptical about my ability to secure a visa with the plan.

Correct me if am wrong but I think you are contradicting yourself. First you said you want to get FAA while in the US on a visiting visa then get a job with that, now you are saying you don't wanna stay illegally. Are you saying the hustling is for one month?

Well,whatever you decide eventually, please be legit.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hoomogh(m): 8:02pm On May 20, 2016
Hello dears, for those that once got BTA or awaiting BTA on this thread. Please Holla back if you've got any info...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 9:08pm On May 20, 2016
purpleblood:

Its not wise of you saying all these about your plans on a public forum. You ll not know how much damage you might be doing yourself and other genuine applicants.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Elizabeth40: 9:22pm On May 20, 2016
Pls all,

Can anyone guide me on how to get the cheapest flights to Maryland/ Washington DC?
I ll appreciate it so much!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:28pm On May 20, 2016
@purpleblood Bros I'm sorry for you ooooo.... This is Non Immigrant Visa section and what makes you think they will issue you the visa? We can't help you plan your life but we won't help you in get a visa. Have a good day sir.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:30pm On May 20, 2016
Elizabeth40:
Pls all,

Can anyone guide me on how to get the cheapest flights to Maryland/ Washington DC?
Check google.com or skyscanner.com every spare second u have
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:33pm On May 20, 2016
@LadyG do you have anything to say to Mr purpleblood?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 20, 2016
Elizabeth40:
Pls all,

@lizzy, check on www.wakanow.com. ethihad airways was d cheapest I got when I checked about a week ago. I hope we are not going for the same party.
Have u got visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by purpleblood: 10:18pm On May 20, 2016
kennycanny:

Its not wise of you saying all these about your plans on a public forum. You ll not know how much damage you might be doing yourself and other genuine applicants.

You're right somehow. But I need people to read and contribute. You never knew how much I've learnt by throwing this in the open. By opening up,
I have gotten people with a lot of experience that communicate with me privately. I don't think I have said anything wrong. People talk about how they do adegboroja papers here to get visa.
Thanks though. I believe NL won't cause damages to anybody's application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by purpleblood: 10:23pm On May 20, 2016
seyewest:
@purpleblood Bros I'm sorry for you ooooo.... This is Non Immigrant Visa section and what makes you think they will issue you the visa? We can't help you plan your life but we won't help you in get a visa. Have a good day sir.

Bro, at a point in a man's life when he could no longer get it together, he could ask people to help him plan his life. I fit propose to the VO sef if na gal grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by purpleblood: 10:28pm On May 20, 2016
overlord77:

Correct me if am wrong but I think you are contradicting yourself. First you said you want to get FAA while in the US on a visiting visa then get a job with that, now you are saying you don't wanna stay illegally. Are you saying the hustling is for one month?

Well,whatever you decide eventually, please be legit.
Sorry there is an important part of that I missed. The actual duration of this training is 2weeks. I learnt I could get 6months or 2 years. 1 month would be enough to do what I'm going for. My hustling depends on my ability to get a temporary work permit. If I can't, I'll be coming back once am done with my program. But it will all depend on if I'm able to get visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:30pm On May 20, 2016
purpleblood:

Bro, at a point in a man's life when he could no longer get it together, he could ask people to help him plan his life. I fit propose to the VO sef if na gal grin
Take it easy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by purpleblood: 10:42pm On May 20, 2016
seyewest:
@purpleblood and what makes you think they will issue you visa?.
It's left for the VO to decide. He/she fit like my face you never know how things work. grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by purpleblood: 10:58pm On May 20, 2016
seyewest:
I missed a part in the original post. The actual duration of the training is 2weeks. So I likened it to people going for seminar, business trip, conference, Medical, child birth etc who are all on the particular thread. So in that case I think I need a visit visa. Just need to be better informed. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Elizabeth40: 11:17pm On May 20, 2016
mercylicious:

@lizzy, check on www.wakanow.com. ethihad airways was d cheapest I got when I checked about a week ago. I hope we are not going for the same party.
Have u got visa?

Thanks so much! I ve got my visa granted.
But the price of tickets they too much for me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 20, 2016
Elizabeth40:

Thanks so much! I ve got my visa granted.
But the price of tickets they too much for me.
etihad is 2062 dollars as at today for a round trip.

lets see if anyone will come up with a better suggestion.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 20, 2016
purpleblood:

1. I don't think the company backing you adds anything to ur chances. You create ur chances yourself. You want to go on a training... You let the vo see strong reasons why u would leave the country upon completion of ur course.(you don't even have a job... Oops.)
2. Are you going to look for a job or what? Confused. Sorry u can't work with a B1/B2 visa. Nobody's giving u a work permit. And would be difficult to change status
3. U can't work. Illegal!
4. you said its gon increase ur chances of getting a job. I concur to that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by purpleblood: 12:12am On May 21, 2016
iRyan:

1. I don't think the company backing you adds anything to ur chances. You create ur chances yourself. You want to go on a training... You let the vo see strong reasons why u would leave the country upon completion of ur course.(you don't even have a job... Oops.)
2. Are you going to look for a job or what? Confused. Sorry u can't work with a B1/B2 visa. Nobody's giving u a work permit. And would be difficult to change status
3. U can't work. Illegal!
4. you said its gon increase ur chances of getting a job. I concur to that.
Thank you very much for your unbiased response. From what I have gathered so far. Your comment has been most decisive. I learnt my chances of getting a visa might increase if I could provide a letter from a prospective employer stating a position would be offered to me upon my return. It's a long shot, but my only option is to try.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.