Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538752 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 5:33pm On May 17, 2016
ecdanbel:
Breaking News Part 2.
Biometrics
Asked to wait outside again. To many applicants.
Only 3 VO active.
Next applicant...
I stepped forward to cubicle 8
VO. Pasport pls
Me. Passed the expire and active
VO. What are you going to do in us?
Me. I am going to visit the world headquaters of my religious organization in ....., our printry at .... and our education center at...after which i wil attend a 3 days convention at ....
Vo. Why must you make this trip
Me. I have been an active member of... for 25 years now..
Vo. Cuts in. What do you do for this group
Me. I .......
Vo. Smiling.. thats good, you are not doing the bad one
VO. So, what do you do
ME. After i left .....in 2013, i started publishing my own magazine (brought out a copy of the magazine. He browsed through it thoroughly)
VO. (Giving the magazine back to me) where did you travel to earlier (checking my old pasport)
ME. I have been to Germany, Spain, Belgium with a slovakia issued shengen visa.
VO. (Placed the visas on mecury. Types for about 2 minutes while i was just weighing my chances.
He brings out the white sheet and said
You are in order. Enjoy your visit.

Special thanks to Lady G, Chloe, Justwise and others who work tirelessly to put us in order.

My observations
You must be genuine and confident. Do not cram anything but know why you want to travel, where you are going to and make sure you are an established person here.
To God be the glory

Congrats bro. e be like say u sabi tok d pure language. make u konet ur felo broda oo.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 5:55pm On May 17, 2016
Congrats. Pls, what do they look out for in d passport under mecury? Whether passport is fake or a visa denial not stamped?

Kennycanny, Cloe7, LadyGuinivere thanx for the earlier response.

Una goodevening oh, house!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 6:02pm On May 17, 2016
mamateniola1:
Congrats. Pls, what do they look out for in d passport under mecury? Whether passport is fake or a visa denial not stamped?

To detect fake

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 6:09pm On May 17, 2016
Ohhhh. Tnx
kooljay5:

To detect fake
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by slightlyMad(f): 6:35pm On May 17, 2016
Jenonye:
Hello guys . been following this thread for a while. My baby and I were denied today. Our transcript is below.pls scrutinize.
Vo- pls pass ur passport. Y do u want to go to the us?
Me- vacation
Vo - where in d us
Me: new Jersey ,Union city
Vo - have u traveled outside the country before?
Me: no
Vo: y union city
Me: my sister lives there and she sent us an invite
Vo: types for about 2mins) sorry you do not qualify at this time. Gives me the blue paper
Me: silently packed my passport and left...
What do u guys think

a sister is an immediate relative who can actually file an immigrant visa for you.
since she sent you an invite, this implies she is either a LPR or citizen

These guys don't take things lightly like we do here, if you are applying for a non-immigrant visa, you must be eligible for it.
you are not eligible for non-immigrant visa, i am sure you got 214b on the blue paper

you are actually eligible for immigrant visa, if your sister petitions for you, it will take 13years to get a visa.
if you try to re-apply with the hope of claiming you no longer have a sister there, they have your fingerprints which will bring up your old application, COs are always nice to show you your old picture if you want.
That is considered immigration fraud and misrepresentation. you will be ineligible for both non immigrant and immigrant visas then

your only way out?
get your sister to file for you or try non-immigrant again but never deny that you have a sister, never.
even when you arrive at POE, you may be denied entry and deported.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tayo2001ng(f): 7:12pm On May 17, 2016
chloe7:
your wife is an adult you can't appear with her, your profile says female so are you Male or Female grin

Thanks for the response... Yes my profile is right... Needed the info for my bro... I don't need to go into details dat doesn't concern the thread ... Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:19pm On May 17, 2016
Hmmm.
Jenonye.even though u were asked only a few questions, u have to also look at your whole form critically. Apart from the fact that you have a sister in the Us, do u think u have other ties? What is the actual status of your sister? Citizen, student?

Na wa o! Edbendel your story be like series. I was waiting for part 2 ernestly. . Congrats.

Emjayfay I return the salute with two hands o! cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by gogochocolate: 9:47pm On May 17, 2016
chrisviral:
Hi all,

Quick question, so six of my friends from Rwanda got 10 years Visa to the States, My Visa just got approved (waiting for passport), any chance a Nigerian can get 10 years too? (Bearing in mind that one Rwandan got just one year and another Nigerian got five years)??

We r students in Canada.
Thanks.

A Nigerian passport holder that is a permanent resident in Canada automatically gets 10 years US visa when they apply and if approved. They have different visa policies for different visa offices in various countries depending on the certain classification. The maximum visa tenor Lagos or Abuja Visa Office can issue anyone applying from Nigeria is 24 months . The Visa offices in Canada can issue up to 10 years depending on the visa officer perception of the applicant and circumstances
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by gogochocolate: 9:57pm On May 17, 2016
chrisviral:
Hi all,

Quick question, so six of my friends from Rwanda got 10 years Visa to the States, My Visa just got approved (waiting for passport), any chance a Nigerian can get 10 years too? (Bearing in mind that one Rwandan got just one year and another Nigerian got five years)??

We r students in Canada.
Thanks.

A Nigerian passport holder that is a permanent resident in Canada automatically gets 10 years US visa when they apply and if approved. They have different visa policies for different visa offices in various countries depending on the certain classification. The maximum visa tenor Lagos or Abuja Visa Office can issue anyone applying from Nigeria is 24 months . The Visa offices in Canada can issue up to 10 years depending on the visa officer perception of the applicant and circumstances. I just checked Rwanda passport holders and found out that they qualify for 10 years visa validity and what it means is the USA visa office in Kigali Rwanda can issue 10 years visa to a Rwandan . Nigeria is still better than some countries like Congo and Chad with one month and three month maximum visa validity.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jenonye(f): 10:47pm On May 17, 2016
slightlyMad:

a sister is an immediate relative who can actually file an immigrant visa for you.
since she sent you an invite, this implies she is either a LPR or citizen

These guys don't take things lightly like we do here, if you are applying for a non-immigrant visa, you must be eligible for it.
you are not eligible for non-immigrant visa, i am sure you got 214b on the blue paper

you are actually eligible for immigrant visa, if your sister petitions for you, it will take 13years to get a visa.
if you try to re-apply with the hope of claiming you no longer have a sister there, they have your fingerprints which will bring up your old application, COs are always nice to show you your old picture if you want.
That is considered immigration fraud and misrepresentation. you will be ineligible for both non immigrant and immigrant visas then

your only way out?
get your sister to file for you or try non-immigrant again but never deny that you have a sister, never.
even when you arrive at POE, you may be denied entry and deported.

I don't want an immigrant visa. I only wanted to visit her with my son. I can't live in the us. Im married here in Nigeria. The fact that I have a sis there doesn't disqualify me for non immigrant visa, or does it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jenonye(f): 10:55pm On May 17, 2016
[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=45716328]Hmmm.
Jenonye.even though u were asked only a few questions, u have to also look at your whole form critically. Apart from the fact that you have a sister in the Us, do u think u have other ties? What is the actual status of your sister? Citizen, student?

She's a permernent resident. Im married. Something happend while my doc was being checked.we were asked to go in with only one passport. I have two(old and new) My old passport expires in sept this year and that was what i used in filling my forms. I felt that since it's not expired I can use it not knowing that the passport can't b less six months valid. That was what one of d officials told me bfpre I went in but it was too late to do anything. I held my new one with me just in case but I think my mistake was using d old one to fill my forms instead. Could it b the reason for my denial?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chiMoni37(m): 11:08pm On May 17, 2016
I wish to visit d States with my mom and my younger sister.. my mom is responsible for financial expenses.. what kind of visa should we apply for. ? and wish to stay 4 like 3months..?what and what r the criteria for us to travel... what kind of questions r to b asked? and answers...? although this is my first time on dis thread ..? ur response would be highly appreciated....?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 17, 2016
chiMoni37:

I wish to visit d States with my mom and my
younger sister.. my mom is responsible for financial
expenses.. what kind of visa should we apply for. ? and
wish to stay 4 like 3months..?what and what r the criteria
for us to travel... what kind of questions r to b asked? and
answers...? although this is my first time on dis thread ..?
ur response would be highly appreciated....?
refugee of war visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 17, 2016
iRyan:
refugee of war visa.
just kidding. What's ur purpose of the trip? If it's pleasure then you'd need to apply for tourist/visit visa... Visit this website www.ustraveldocs.com/ng all the info u need is there. Read a few old pages of this thread, you'd see the likely questions. Peace!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chrisviral(m): 2:25am On May 18, 2016
gogochocolate:

A Nigerian passport holder that is a permanent resident in Canada automatically gets 10 years US visa when they apply and if approved. They have different visa policies for different visa offices in various countries depending on the certain classification. The maximum visa tenor Lagos or Abuja Visa Office can issue anyone applying from Nigeria is 24 months . The Visa offices in Canada can issue up to 10 years depending on the visa officer perception of the applicant and circumstances. I just checked Rwanda passport holders and found out that they qualify for 10 years visa validity and what it means is the USA visa office in Kigali Rwanda can issue 10 years visa to a Rwandan . Nigeria is still better than some countries like Congo and Chad with one month and three month maximum visa validity.

Thanks. will find out tomorrow. fingers crossed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:52am On May 18, 2016
Jenonye:

I don't want an immigrant visa. I only wanted to visit her with my son. I can't live in the us. Im married here in Nigeria. The fact that I have a sis there doesn't disqualify me for non immigrant visa, or does it?
No it dosent. Nor was the passport an issue. The vo o simply was not satisfied. Give it time and reapply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MamaOO: 3:36am On May 18, 2016
gogochocolate:

Your first sentence is not true at all. You get a two year US visa no matter where you apply from. Even Canada. So far you're presenting a Nigerian passport, the visa reciprocity rules between Nigerian and the US (which by the way is 2 years) stands, regardless of the location of application.

Remember, a permanent resident of a country is not a citizen of that country, he/she remains a citizen of their original countries but just has the right to live in the country that granted the permanent residence.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chrisviral(m): 4:29am On May 18, 2016
MamaOO:

Your first sentence is not true at all. You get a two year US visa no matter where you apply from. Even Canada. So far you're presenting a Nigerian passport, the visa reciprocity rules between Nigerian and the US (which by the way is 2 years) stands, regardless of the location of application.

Remember, a permanent resident of a country is not a citizen of that country, he/she remains a citizen of their original countries but just has the right to live in the country that granted the permanent residence.

My friend (Nigerian) got five years and he is on study permit here in Canada.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:59am On May 18, 2016
keni:

Errrrrrmmm What if I see a cheaper flight to the other destination while I intend to take a bus ride to the initial City I wanted to go?In a bid to save me some money, could that be an acceptable reason?

If you are flying into New York and taking a bus to Chicago for save a few dollars, you will probably be getting the chance to explain yourself to a U.S. immigration officer.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MamaOO: 6:00am On May 18, 2016
chrisviral:

My friend (Nigerian) got five years and he is on study permit here in Canada.
Well then, I take back my statement. Let LagosNIV answer. I also know people who got two years from Canada
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:03am On May 18, 2016
gogochocolate:

The validity of U.S. visas is determined by reciprocity - we give Nigerians what they give Americans who are applying for the same visa class. This is based on the nationality of the individual. As a Canadian permanent resident, you would count as a Canadian (kind of like a U.S. LPR counts as an American in these circumstances), but as a student in Canada you gain no such benefit.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:04am On May 18, 2016
Jenonye:

Having a sister there does not disqualify you, but I would recommend you re-evaluate your situation and reapply when you have more substantial ties established.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NaGodwin: 6:09am On May 18, 2016
Gudmornin @LagosNIV
Does having an expired Mexico visa which was used to visit turkey on the E-visa prog affect US NIV negatively?

LagosNIV:

Having a sister there does not disqualify you, but I would recommend you re-evaluate your situation and reapply when you have more substantial ties established.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chiMoni37(m): 7:53am On May 18, 2016
iRyan:
refugee of war visa.
..u dey mad?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dannywest01: 8:11am On May 18, 2016
grin angry shocked cool
chiMoni37:
..u dey mad?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Shigoboy(m): 8:31am On May 18, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Welcome to part 2 of this thread, part 1 is now boggy and too long for newbies to read through. (Although the info there is priceless and Must/Ought to be read by any serious applicant.
For enquiries relating to likely interview questions and self evaluation, kindly go through both parts 1 and 2 of this thread so you have a fair knowledge of answers to such questions.

Kindly note that this is a do it yourself thread. Nobody here is an agent. Nobody is a VO, hence cannot authoritatively predict your chances of visa success .

Happy reading and good luck to all the honest visa seekers!

Please see part 1 here for reference:
https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/322#38856287

Due to the fact that some questions are frequently asked, repeated and retreated, the links to the questions are contained herein for easy reference
For instructions and documents required for the application
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

To book appointment and fill DS 160
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//niv_appointmnent_instructions.html

For US embassy contact Nos and email
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile/contact.html
Thank you.

Lady G for General (5 star!). cheesy
Good morning ma, a cousin is willing to arrange a USA visiting visa for me, what are the necessary things I'm expected to do and what's my chances of getting the visa??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by didano1: 9:09am On May 18, 2016
good morning all.please i need ur help. my fiancée (she is a nurse in usa) she wants to invite me over, please i what nd what do i need to know cause i hv not traveled before. she is a Nigerian nd a green card holder.what re my chances need ur response asap. thnks all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:14am On May 18, 2016
Shigoboy:

Good morning ma, a cousin is willing to arrange a USA visiting visa for me, what are the necessary things I'm expected to do and what's my chances of getting the visa??
Go to the Ifa priest's shrine with the eye of a tiger , 7 chalks, 7 charcoals , 10 liters of fuel and your international passport.
the priest will put the passport on the charcoal, use 9.5 liters of fuel to put in his car and pour the rest on your passport. When it is set aflame, ifa will see your heart and accept the burnt offering. he will now teleport u to the us. So basically, you have a 100%percent chance.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mishooo(m): 9:19am On May 18, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Go to the Ifa priest's shrine with the eye of a tiger , 7 chalks, 7 charcoals , 10 liters of fuel and your international passport.
the priest will put the passport on the charcoal, use 9.5 liters of fuel to put in his car and pour the rest on your passport. When it is set aflame, ifa will see your heart and accept the burnt offering. he will now teleport u to the us. So basically, you have a 100%percent chance.

grin grin grin grin grin
Wickedness!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:23am On May 18, 2016
didano1:
good morning all.please i need ur help. my fiancée (she is a nurse in usa) she wants to invite me over, please i what nd what do i need to know cause i hv not traveled before. she is a Nigerian nd a green card holder.what re my chances need ur response asap. thnks all
U need to read. U need to go to where all the info u asked for is contained and read it. What u don't need is to sit and wait to be fed asap. You are the one in need. Work for your need. Go to the website of the united states in nigeria and get ALL the information u need.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NaGodwin: 9:37am On May 18, 2016
LadyG, U re so nice, thanks for d kind advice, Abeg, I be ifa priest oh, make he bring d 10liters of fuel sharply, but if he make am 20liters, Ifa go teleport am go America and Canada together, Ifa go still give am automatic citizenship, free of Charge grin

LadyGuinivere:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NaGodwin: 9:39am On May 18, 2016
mishooo:

grin grin grin grin grin
Wickedness KINDNESS grin!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.