Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,811 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1532532 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by joxiri: 10:42am On May 19, 2016
chloe7:
what type of information is this my God lipsrsealed I didn't know we had a two in one uk border force and USA CBP on this thread shocked

Well I think if one has experience from of visa application from both countries, he or she can share
I don't understand your 2 in 1 statement, I am pretty sure people do this anyways e.g justwise, and I don't think there's anything wrong or misleading with the information provided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by leo101: 10:43am On May 19, 2016
Hello Everyone, please i need an advice. I and my wife applied for USA visa last year Nov and we were refused... my UNCLE who lives in Florida invited us back then but the consular didnt ask us much question before we were refused.

My questions are:

1, i applied as a self employed with a certain business name but i am now into another business, can i use the new business documents to apply?

2, we intend to go to New York this time for holiday and we will be renting an holiday apartment , is that advice-able or is it a must that my uncle still invite us?

Please your advice will be much appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by leo101: 10:59am On May 19, 2016
It does not matter at all trust me.
birg84:
Hello House.
Pls I was denied a US visa on Friday.
My question is Can I apply for Uk visa renewal now? Won't it look strange that am applying for renewal days after us visa denial? I'm entitled to paid leave to any country of my choice in my office and decided since I was denied the US visa, I can always go back to my usual London for vacation
Kindly advice.
Thanks a lot.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:30am On May 19, 2016
Intrepid01:

]
Thanks Bro...The truth Is I av never traveled out of this country before. Not until now, it just doesn't appeal to me. I have had opportunity in my previous employment I took for granted cos I'm not just a freak. maybe cos of the way I see people take it like it a about life and death. But now am kinda hungry to see the world, starting with America.
My job is very stable, I av over 5yrs of eexperience, 3Oyrs old . Not married.
Not bad a profile, but the probability seems some bit lesser on the side of your advantage though. You could give it a shot all the same
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by brighter2moro: 11:32am On May 19, 2016
Hello house,i applied for USA visit visa in 2005 thru an agent but was refused visa.

Now am married with kids and my inlaw in USA is trying to send me an IV, although when I used the agent in 2005,all docs was forged so my fear now is Will the info I used in 2005 still be in their Database or System?

2. How about if I decide to travel to any other country,then apply for USA visa frm there,will they still have my information of 2005 application in Nigeria?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:40am On May 19, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Exactly mamateniola. U will use. That former profile. Just do a passwoord change.

@omobendel where u goo? Ur Bis finish ? cheesy

@chloe serves the people that refuse to research right. Cum si cum sa!
Lolzzzzz! Greetings ooo Sis! I dey, I just dey schedule my data usage lately (even as all the networks dem don crash their data subscription prices and increase Gigabytes reach so oh) due to austere measures adopted emanating from the Change "you guys" brought on us. Lol! Really wish the change knew how to segregate between those that wanted, craved and voted for it as well as those that never fancied it sha

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 19, 2016
joxiri:

Well I think if one has experience from of visa application from both countries, he or she can share
I don't understand your 2 in 1 statement, I am pretty sure people do this anyways e.g justwise, and I don't think there's anything wrong or misleading with the information provided
please don't say you didn't give wrong information again because it's just too wrong and very wrong, I have applied to both the uk and the u.s before and this your own point of view na elele and wire, abeg I wan sleep, reading this post sef dey give me headache
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by joxiri: 12:22pm On May 19, 2016
chloe7:
please don't say you didn't give wrong information again because it's just too wrong and very wrong, I have applied to both the uk and the u.s before and this your own point of view na elele and wire, abeg I wan sleep, reading this post sef dey give me headache

You have applied to both before and your point is what exactly?
Ok can you kindly point out what is wrong or misleading in what I said, cos I am certain other people would have done so if they felt it was wrong

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:55pm On May 19, 2016
brighter2moro:
Hello house,i applied for USA visit visa in 2005 thru an agent but was refused visa.

Now am married with kids and my inlaw in USA is trying to send me an IV, although when I used the agent in 2005,all docs was forged so my fear now is Will the info I used in 2005 still be in their Database or System?

2. How about if I decide to travel to any other country,then apply for USA visa frm there,will they still have my information of 2005 application in Nigeria?
Thanks
It gives me great joy and happiness to answer this question. What you sow is what u read. There is consequence for every action you take. You don't wish it away . You can't wish it away no matter how much u close your eyes and hope so. So that will make u consider consequences before u act next time. So in effect the answers to your questions are;
1. Yes. It is a computer and called a database because data is stored there.
2. Yes. Even if you take a spaceship to the moon and apply from their embassy there grin, they have your data. U can use the search button and search for darko isaac. Fella triEd to pull the same stunt u wanna try in ghana. I laughed so hard then.
The only solution for a lie, is honesty. There is a column on the ds 160 for folks like u. 'Have u ever tried to enter the us by fraud or misrepresentation'. you should answer yes.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 19, 2016
joxiri:

You have applied to both before and your point is what exactly?
Ok can you kindly point out what is wrong or misleading in what I said, cos I am certain other people would have done so if they felt it was wrong
you said US gives visa to people who have been refused UK all the time, that's my point and that is what is misleading. Getting a visa is about qualifying to meet the criteria for entry clearance, if you are not issued a visa it means you don't qualify enough to be granted and you try next time, not this your own perspective that you are taking it from.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:18pm On May 19, 2016
brighter2moro:

Thanks
Hahahahaaaa, @Brighter2moro! Oh that song by Peter Tosh, "you can run, but you can't hide". Well, 11 years ago is a long time, your life and ties ought to have changed na. If the birthday and or the names you used then was far from what you are using now, if you like go and apply from Mars, you will only be "zoking" in my Izon accent. If not, go back there, give it a shot with your current everything that has improved/changed, don't even attempt to conceal that previous application oh

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:30pm On May 19, 2016
@@Brighter2moro it's very unfortunate that you got yourself into this mess and on top everything I'm sure you have no clue where the agent ... You need to find that agent and assess the extent of the damage he has done to you and also get the previous passport you applied with when you're going to the embassy for interview. You have to be truthful and honest.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by joxiri: 1:53pm On May 19, 2016
chloe7:
you said US gives visa to people who have been refused UK all the time, that's my point and that is what is misleading. Getting a visa is about qualifying to meet the criteria for entry clearance, if you are not issued a visa it means you don't qualify enough to be granted and you try next time, not this your own perspective that you are taking it from.

And yes they do because us assess your application solely based on the merits of it not whether u have uk visa or uk refused you

My point was a uk visa disqualification doesn't directly lead to a us disqualification and vice- versa. And I think it was blatantly obvious, I do sincerely worry if you cannot grasp that
Some applicants tend to think oh cos uk gave me visa us will give and vice versa for if uk refuse then us will refuse.
The poster was worried if his is refusal will lead to a uk refusal and I was clearly pointing that out.

I don't even know why am stressing on u, u made a big deal about me misleading people and no one else has called me out on it, doesn't that tell you something?

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:46pm On May 19, 2016
joxiri:

And yes they do because us assess your application solely based on the merits of it not whether u have uk visa or uk refused you

My point was a uk visa disqualification doesn't directly lead to a us disqualification and vice- versa. And I think it was blatantly obvious, I do sincerely worry if you cannot grasp that
Some applicants tend to think oh cos uk gave me visa us will give and vice versa for if uk refuse then us will refuse.
The poster was worried if his is refusal will lead to a uk refusal and I was clearly pointing that out.

I don't even know why am stressing on u, u made a big deal about me misleading people and no one else has called me out on it, doesn't that tell you something?
Guys no need to argue or stress over it... I think it was the way @joxiri explained it that was confusing because I have to go through it twice to comprehend it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NaGodwin: 3:33pm On May 19, 2016
You are right, Chloe misunderstood Joxiri, Joxiri wasn't trying to say that a UK refusal automatically qualifies you for a US Visa.

seyewest:
Guys no need to argue or stress over it... I think it was the way @joxiri explained it that was confusing because I have to go through it twice to comprehend it.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 19, 2016
wow i love this thread so much, i have really learnt a lot here.

Am planning to make my first trip to dominica republic to visit a friend, planning to spend 14 days.
So my question is

what's my first step?
How much am to budget for ?
Can nigerian master card or visa pay over there?
What's dominican currency and what's it value to Naira ? cos from my research is as if dominica has more than one currency?
And please what's the best country to go through?

Please i will appreciate help from any of the active personalities in this thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yomisley: 5:15pm On May 19, 2016
i hail ooo people, i want to ask how many years visa is issued for renewal ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bankwo7(f): 5:39pm On May 19, 2016
I Guess your previous application was done with your old passport. If so, give it a shot with your new epassport. Its been more than 10years. In my own case,i had my birth month as 09 instead of 07 in my old passport when i first applied in 2007 ,the mistake was from the immigration officer ,you know how they use to rush people at their office then. Fast forward to 2015,i applied again with my correct birth month even changed name and I got my 2year multiple visa. The v.o never asked me about that. Just be truthful in filling your forms and be confident.
brighter2moro:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bankwo7(f): 5:42pm On May 19, 2016
And again,its better you book a hotel accommodation,that way it shows you are buoyant enough to embark on family trip. Good luck.
Bankwo7:
I Guess your previous application was done with your old passport. If so, give it a shot with your new epassport. Its been more than 10years. In my own case,i had my birth month as 09 instead of 07 in my old passport when i first applied in 2007 ,the mistake was from the immigration officer ,you know how they use to rush people at their office then. Fast forward to 2015,i applied again with my correct birth month even changed name and I got my 2year multiple visa. The v.o never asked me about that. Just be truthful in filling your forms and be confident.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 6:58pm On May 19, 2016
brighter2moro:

Thanks

Dear bright . 11 years is very long. b4 lying anywhere we should always think of d permanent damage it may cause.

However , it may not be bad as you think. A friend was in similar situation, agent helped him fill his form, told him not to b opened that he has a sibling in US , but just wanted to visit a family friend and he was refused visa.
Almost 10yrs after, he wanted to apply again to visit his sibling that he didn't disclosed he had previously , now with a new passport that his year of birth is different from d year on previous passport , with UK refusal stamps. He was scared. I adviced him to fill yes to have you applied b4 question, and VO not satisfied to Y he was refuse visa then. And also to be plane should the VO referred to his previous application.

As God we have it , the interview was successful with no question asked about his previous application or about the inconsistencies with the current one.

My conclusion , give it a shot where you are based. Don't try to cover up if questions are raised about your previous application. I strongly beleive that If you are truly qualified for it now , you ll be granted!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NaGodwin: 7:31pm On May 19, 2016
Ur Friend should answer ur questions.

frankben4real:

Am planning to make my first trip to dominica republic to visit a friend, planning to spend 14 days.
So my question is

what's my first step?
What's dominican currency and what's it value to Naira ? cos from my research is as if dominica has more than one currency?

Please i will appreciate help from any of the active personalities in this thread

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:44pm On May 19, 2016
Bankwo7:
Now this is the sort of advice that has k leg. He didn't say he made a mistake nor did he mention date of birth. He completely misrepresented. So the issue of new and old passport is unneccessary. Why? It gives the poster hope that his past misdeeds may have been erased.that kinda conflicts with the be truthful advice.
Call a spade by its name. He lied before. His details are stored. He needs to own up to it.Confidence in the face of gbege is ...I don't know the adequate verb

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:48pm On May 19, 2016
kennycanny:

Dear bright . 11 years is very long. b4 lying anywhere we should always think of d permanent damage it may cause.

However , it may not be bad as you think. A friend was in similar situation, agent helped him fill his form, told him not to b opened that he has a sibling in US , but just wanted to visit a family friend and he was refused visa.
Almost 10yrs after, he wanted to apply again to visit his sibling that he didn't disclosed he had previously , now with a new passport that his year of birth is different from d year on previous passport , with UK refusal stamps. He was scared. I adviced him to fill yes to have you applied b4 question, and VO not satisfied to Y he was refuse visa then. And also to be plane should the VO referred to his previous application.

As God we have it , the interview was successful with no question asked about his previous application or about the inconsistencies with the current one.

My conclusion , give it a shot where you are based. Don't try to cover up if questions are raised about your previous application. I strongly beleive that If you are truly qualified for it now , you ll be granted!

If inconsistencies exist, the person's credibilty has been damaged and it is not a 'sure thing'.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:54pm On May 19, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

If inconsistencies exist, the person's credibilty has been damaged and it is not a 'sure thing'.
AbujaNIV wrote:

"Yes, all information you have submitted EVER is kept globally. It doesn't matter if you apply in Nepal, Nicaragua, or Nigeria - this information is available at all our offices. You cannot run from your past and your misdeed".

Bankwo7 and KennyCanny, who dey hold us for work as e be so, na una?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:58pm On May 19, 2016
frankben4real:

So my question is

what's my first step?

1. This is the us visa thread. Please is Dominican republic in the US?. How do u expect answers here meanwile I'm sure the country has an embassy website
2. Google.com can answer virtually every question you asked.
3. Or u can just ask your friend as suggested already. Safe trip
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 19, 2016
NaGodwin:
Ur Friend should answer ur questions.
She is just inviting me over not a Nigerian and haven't been to Nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 7:59pm On May 19, 2016
Thanks all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 8:27pm On May 19, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

even without inconsistencies US visa or any visa is never a sure thin.

But he should let them stop him in a future application and not him stopping himself for ever.

once he was not banned then , and there is a reasonable time past. He can always try his luck , be truthful this time , and if he got refused, he can then move on and try latter.

He shouldn't just ban himself forever if he was not actually banned by us govt .

With the experience of my friend I shared, his case is not a total hope lost.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 19, 2016
joxiri:

sorry misconception, I thought you meant something else you weren't as explanatory as this in that post I called out
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:57pm On May 19, 2016
frankben4real:

So my question is

what's my first step?

We don't treat Dominican rep on this thread.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:05pm On May 19, 2016
kennycanny:

even without inconsistencies US visa or any visa is never a sure thin.

But he should let them stop him in a future application and not him stopping himself for ever.

once he was not banned then , and there is a reasonable time past. He can always try his luck , be truthful this time , and if he got refused, he can then move on and try latter.

He shouldn't just ban himself forever if he was not actually banned by us govt .

With the experience of my friend I shared, his case is not a total hope lost.
I told him to acknowledge his misrepresentation when reapplying so I didn't advice/believe he shouldn't reapply. My only grouse with your post was with the reference to the old passport. Kinda implying a possibility of them not figuring out its the same fella. Such innundoes can make folks not to see the error in continuing with the former lie. Peace !
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:19pm On May 19, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I told him to acknowledge his misrepresentation when reapplying so I didn't advice/believe he shouldn't reapply. My only grouse with your post was with the reference to the old passport. Kinda implying a possibility of them not figuring out its the same fella. Such innundoes can make folks not to see the error in continuing with the former lie. Peace !
I believe Data is Data and what you put in is what you will bring out... They may overlook it or it may not be an issue with them as at that time but the truth is ''changing a previous data'' to a new one is highly frowned upon and may lead to ban....

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.