Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538348 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olusola009: 7:43am On Jun 08, 2016
Hi,

My sister filled her ds160 and scheduled an appointment. When she was putting together her printout she realized she omitted a letter in her middle name.

So she filled another ds160 and now she has a different confirmation number to her then confirmation number which she used to book an appointment.

What will you advise her to do to rectify this since her appointment confirmation page is showing the then confirmation number

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yungokus: 8:18am On Jun 08, 2016
The time it took u to type this, you would have equally helped in giving an answer..... Thanks anyways.

vizkiz:

can't you just read
The answers to these questions are lying all around in here. Can't you just start reading and find the answers you seek for Mehn, ladyG is really trying... undecided

#signed silent reader.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yungokus: 8:18am On Jun 08, 2016
Thanks a lot.. God bless

terrywales:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by vizkiz: 8:27am On Jun 08, 2016
yungokus:
The time it took u to type this, you would have equally helped in giving an answer..... Thanks anyways.

I gave you more information than the question you asked. "the answers to these questions are lying all around" which means you can get more answers to your future related questions if you start reading this thread from page one.

You need to understand my comments because most times they mean more than what I typed undecided

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kayayo0211(m): 8:29am On Jun 08, 2016
Good day,
Please i need advice on the question below

I applied for US business visa for Google coference and i was refused last year, but now i want to apply for visiting visa.
Is it possible for me to apply for a US visiting visa?

Thanks in Anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by steve4ever: 9:41am On Jun 08, 2016
seyewest:
The most important document is her passport,DS160 confirmation page and appointment letter... The rest will be asked for at the discretion of the V.O
@seyewest.....thks for the time. that means am going to put the important ones in her passpost for her and and ask her to hold the rest except if the v.o ask for it.
Am hap having u and other people around. JAH BLESS u all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Obynocyse: 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
Someone please advise me.

I was not interviewed today at Lagos embassy because the DS 160 number on my confirmation page did not tally with that on my appointment page and I was asked to reschedule my appointment.

I want to know if I will need to make another interview fee payment after the two days I was advised to reschedule
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iapt: 1:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
kayayo0211:
Good day,
Please i need advice on the question below

I applied for US business visa for Google coference and i was refused last year, but now i want to apply for visiting visa.
Is it possible for me to apply for a US visiting visa?

Thanks in Anticipation

Bro..i think your question has been answered already..but if you still dont understand,i will answer you. Yes, you can apply at anytime but make sure your circumstances have changed..you can also apply if you dont have a change in circumstance also (if you want to do 31200 charity)... I hope this has helped

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iapt: 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2016
steve4ever:

@seyewest.....thks for the time. that means am going to put the important ones in her passpost for her and and ask her to hold the rest except if the v.o ask for it.

Mr Steve...you dont need to put any document in her passport...just let her recognize everything and arrange them in a file...please note that they rarely ask for any document at all...not even BAnk statement...so theres no point stressing the old woman.. God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
Obynocyse:
Someone please advise me.

I was not interviewed today at Lagos embassy because the DS 160 number on my confirmation page did not tally with that on my appointment page and I was asked to reschedule my appointment.

I want to know if I will need to make another interview fee payment after the two days I was advised to reschedule
No need to pay any visa fee again just wait for the 2 days and the portal will be open for you to be able to reschedule.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2016
steve4ever:

Her internatipnal passport,DS160 confirmation page,appointment letter and the rest will be in a file.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladybilly: 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2016
I greet all the gurus in the house. I have been following the trend for some weeks now. I submitted an application last week with the wrong address, instead of using where I presently reside (here in Nigeria) I used where my husband and children are in Congo DRC, and I also didn’t include my present employment status. Is it possible to cancel that application and restart another?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2016
ladybilly:
I greet all the gurus in the house. I have been following the trend for some weeks now. I submitted an application last week with the wrong address, instead of using where I presently reside (here in Nigeria) I used where my husband and children are in Congo DRC, and I also didn’t include my present employment status. Is it possible to cancel that application and restart another?
Yes of course but after filling another form remember to write them about the changes so they can update it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Obynocyse: 2:04pm On Jun 08, 2016
seyewest:
No need to pay any visa fee again just wait for the 2 days and the portal will be open for you to be able to reschedule.

Thank you Seyewest,
Do u mean after 48 hours I can use the receipt and book an appointment the normal way (i.e. clicking on new application/schedule appointment) as long as I have not passed my rescheduling limit?

Because I can't find the link for rescheduling on my profile, I can only see 'new application/schedule appointment' and I didn't reschedule before yesterday as yesterday was my first appointment date.

It actually happened yesterday, I copied the question from another group where I didn't get any response.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
Obynocyse:

Thank you Seyewest,
Do u mean after 48 hours I can use the receipt and book an appointment the normal way (i.e. clicking on new application/schedule appointment) as long as I have not passed my rescheduling limit?

Because I can't find the link for rescheduling on my profile, I can only see 'new application/schedule appointment' and I didn't reschedule before yesterday as yesterday was my first appointment date.

It actually happened yesterday, I copied the question from another group where I didn't get any response.

Thank you
You have to wait for 48hrs after which you will start a new application/schedule appointment... The old date is gone and you can't reschedule it but you can start a new schedule and no need to add your old receipt number I believe it's included already.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Obynocyse: 2:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
seyewest:
You have to wait for 48hrs after which you will start a new application/schedule appointment... The old date is gone and you can't reschedule it but you can start a new schedule and no need to add your old receipt number I believe it's already included in it

Ok thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hilda2016(f): 2:59pm On Jun 08, 2016
seyewest:

@Obynocyse,
It happened to me too. From personal observation, I think its best US-Visa applicant fills the Ds-160 form first, take caution and copy the correct barcode which will be used to schedule for an interview.

Just like Seyewest said. Provided you have not exceeded your re-appointment scheduling. Fill a new Ds-160 and make sure you have the correct new barcode. Submit the form and wait for two days. The appointment portal will be opened for you, then u can re-schedule new appointment. Please,Make sure you change the old barcode on your appointment portal to the new one. With that you are good to go.

Wishing you the very best and all those who will be going for their interview this months.
We need more of "interview transcript"

Regards.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by alapomejishegs: 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2016
Good day to you all, i am a student and also a working class man, i work as an accountant and also the personal Assistant to the medical Director,i am in my late 20's i want to apply for a visiting visa, am actually going for my cousin's wedding so hes inviting me, what are the documents i might likly need? Cos in the invitation letter i told him to write my hospital will be sponsoring me. I hope that is okay? And also do i need my salary statement since i said it the hospital that will be sponsoring me. My passport is a virgin passport. The wedding invitation card is out and i also told him to attach it with the invitation letter. The wedding is stated bfor September 2016.What are my chances of getting the visa. Hope to get a reply soon. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 4:10pm On Jun 08, 2016
alapomejishegs:
Good day to you all, i am a student and also a working class man, i work as an accountant and also the personal Assistant to the medical Director,i am in my late 20's i want to apply for a visiting visa, am actually going for my cousin's wedding so hes inviting me, what are the documents i might likly need? Cos in the invitation letter i told him to write my hospital will be sponsoring me. I hope that is okay? And also do i need my salary statement since i said it the hospital that will be sponsoring me. My passport is a virgin passport. The wedding invitation card is out and i also told him to attach it with the invitation letter. The wedding is stated bfor September 2016.What are my chances of getting the visa. Hope to get a reply soon. Thanks

This is all very suspicious and is quickly leading to a rejection.
The visa officer is going to take a lot of convincing that somewhere like a hospital would spend it's funds to send you to a wedding!

Your chance of getting a visa 100 to 1 against you with this story.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Obynocyse: 5:45pm On Jun 08, 2016
Hilda2016:

@Obynocyse,
It happened to me too. From personal observation, I think its best US-Visa applicant fills the Ds-160 form first, take caution and copy the correct barcode which will be used to schedule for an interview.

Just like Seyewest said. Provided you have not exceeded your re-appointment scheduling. Fill a new Ds-160 and make sure you have the correct new barcode. Submit the form and wait for two days. The appointment portal will be opened for you, then u can re-schedule new appointment. Please,Make sure you change the old barcode on your appointment portal to the new one. With that you are good to go.

Wishing you the very best and all those who will be going for their interview this months.
We need more of "interview transcript"

Regards.
Thanks. The mistake I made was not changing the old ds160 on my profile while I was booking for an appointment. I noticed what was there wa
s the old one I used 2 years ago.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 6:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
alapomejishegs:

Even if the MD is nice and generous enough to sponsor this trip , you ll almostl automatically b refused if you say anyone but you is sponsoring this kind of trip.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by alapomejishegs: 8:30pm On Jun 08, 2016
worry359:

This is all very suspicious and is quickly leading to a rejection.
The visa officer is going to take a lot of convincing that somewhere like a hospital would spend it's funds to send you to a wedding!

Your chance of getting a visa 100 to 1 against you with this story.
it a family hospital i am kinda related to the Medical Director or i should i just tell him to state in the letter that he will be the person sponsoring me?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by alapomejishegs: 8:33pm On Jun 08, 2016
kennycanny:

Even if the MD is nice and generous enough to sponsor this trip , you ll almostl automatically b refused if you say anyone but you is sponsoring this kind of trip.
you think I should just say my cousin is the one sponsoring my trip with a job tie thats taking a letter from my hospital for the job tie.. Will i need his own statement or they know how to get it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by slightlyMad(f): 8:40pm On Jun 08, 2016
kennycanny:

That could most likely cause the denial. But having said that, some people still get granted despite their immigration pending application! They just need to show a higher ties to Nigeria.

Please what higher tie do you need to show when they have clearly shown that they intend to migrate via their petition?
your ties becomes weak since you plan to leave these ties anyways as proven by submitting a petition

remember that once someone with a pending petition enters the US, they can just work illegally and adjust status when their PD becomes current, a smart way to outsmart immigration law and an abuse of the visit visa.

Tmeeto has confirmed this and nupital will in a few days.
There may be exceptions though, if you have an history of using previous visas rightly, i will guess you may get it because you have a good reputation already
I am glad Tmeeto saw the good side of it all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bailcron: 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2016
My passport expires Jan 2017. I am about to make payment for my Visa fee however I read online that the passport must be valid for at least 6 months after entry into the US. The proposed month of entry is August. Please advise
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:53pm On Jun 08, 2016
slightlyMad:

Please what higher tie do you need to show when they have clearly shown that they intend to migrate via their petition?
your ties becomes weak since you plan to leave these ties anyways as proven by submitting a petition

remember that once someone with a pending petition enters the US, they can just work illegally and adjust status when their PD becomes current, a smart way to outsmart immigration law and an abuse of the visit visa.

There may be exceptions though, if you have an history of using previous visas rightly, i will guess you may get it because you have a good reputation already

Those exceptions are real and on many grounds! And the effect of having played the Visa lottery previously (hopefully you understand such to mean another direct way to say "i intend migrating if the opportunity shows up!"wink? They do get visas like i said earlier ma. Be reminded that your main argument was much more about people being invited by their immediate family members not EVER being granted NIVs
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by slightlyMad(f): 8:59pm On Jun 08, 2016
OmoBendel24:

And the effect of having played the Visa lottery previously (hopefully you understand such to mean another direct way to say "i intend migrating if the opportunity shows up!"wink? They do get visas like i said earlier ma. Be reminded that your main argument was much more about people being invited by their immediate family members not EVER being granted NIVs

nope, they dont even look at the invitation letter that we beg our relatives abroad to send as if it helps in any way, so couldnt have said "people being invited"
what i said is IF you have a pending immigrant petition, you WILL not get it

on second thought, based on comments (thanks to those who painted me black while i was on exile), i stylishly withdrew my stance on the word "will"
if you read my comments afterwards, you will get it
if i make a mistake, i will own up sir.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladybilly: 9:19pm On Jun 08, 2016
seyewest:
Yes of course but after filling another form remember to write them about the changes so they can update it.

thank you. kindly give a lead as who and where to write please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2016
slightlyMad:

immediate relatives are brothers, sisters, father, mother who are permanent residents or citizens.
if you fill them on the ds-160, you wont.
maybe they have gotten it in the past and used it well, they may get it again on account of the integrity they have built
but apply now in 2016
To them, your immediate relative could file and once approved, you could adjust status, forget ties.
i wont argue much on this, wait for those 2 applicants i quoted
Agreed, you didn't make that exact statement, your IMPOSSIBILITY stance remains the crux of it all, and the immigrant visa filing thing is a new twist to the narrative from your end ma. I understand the context of your discourse (which of course is your assessed fallback defense) but will quote you word for word as above ma (context within context perspective).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2016
slightlyMad:

i hate to be negative but based on the fact that you stated on your application that you have an immediate relative in the US.

you have a 99% chance of not going home with a visa, LGS is one of the strictest embassies.
please quote me when you get interviewed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2016
slightlyMad:

Assuming Mrs Ambode ( wife of Gov) sibling filled immigration petition for her, assuming she has not even visited US b4 and she had even in the past refused visit visa because of the petition on ground. now that she is the wife of the gov. do you think she ll still be refused visit visa now because of the ongoing petition? Absolutely no.

my point, if you have a powerful tie to Nigeria, like securing a senior manager position in a big coy, you ll not be refused visa because you have a petition. Your present economic status shows that you ll not stay illegally talking based on balance of probabilies!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2016
slightlyMad:

if you have an immediate relative in the USA, you wont get a non-immigrant visa.
VO here will tell you it is still possible to get it but NO, they will waste your cash and time.
post your interview transcript here when you have it and pls quote me

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.