Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533074 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by WESTERNCR: 10:23am On Jun 06, 2016
Hmm.....to God be the glory....my elder brother, his wife and two kids got their visa approved few mins ago. Transcript as follows:-

My brother kids were yelling good morning to the go but he didn't answer the kids

Vo: why are you going to the us?

My bro: for a family vacation

Vo: where in the us are u going?

My bro: Orlando florida

Vo: why Orlando florida?

My bro: because the kids will be going to Disneyland and also we will be visiting the holy land

Vo: what do u for a living?

My bro: I deal in automobiles

Vo: facing my bros wife: what do u do as a job ma'am?

Wife: I'm a fashion designer

Vo: to my bro...where do u get ur vehicles from?

My bro: from Japan and Germany

Vo....this time he was adjusting his microphone and typing vigorously (only God knows what he was typing) he picked up the white paper and said ur visa has been approved, pick it up on ....bro wasn't sure what day may be Wednesday or Thursday but the koko be say his visa has been approved

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pyx: 10:53am On Jun 06, 2016
seyewest:
This is the right time for you to renew it and also there's no separate link for dropbox except when you're filling the appointment date it will take you to the proper channel for dropbox
Thank you, yet not over . I try the appointment but it gave me the appointment date , so am confused
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2016
pyx:

Thank you, yet not over . I try the appointment but it gave me the appointment date , so am confused
What did you choose when they asked you ''Have you been issued a U.S Visa before''
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:42pm On Jun 06, 2016
pyx:

Actually, it cannot give you an appointment date if you are qualified for dropbox according to your answers to the dropbox questions. Maybe the date you are referring to is that one on the down left corner or so. That one shows the nearest available date in the particular US consulate chosen according to the visa category you are applying for, but it's none of your business if you pass all the dropbox questions. They don't choose dates for you, you decide when is convenient for you to go submit at DHL after establishing you are qualified for it and printing out your confirmation page
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Actually, it cannot give you an appointment date if you are qualified for dropbox according to your answers to the dropbox questions. Maybe the date you are referring to is that one on the down left corner or so. That one shows the nearest available date in the particular US consulate chosen according to the visa category you are applying for, but it's none of your business if you pass all the dropbox questions. They don't choose dates for you, you decide when is convenient for you to go submit at DHL after establishing you are qualified for it and printing out your confirmation page
Oshey jare bros.. Thank you for providing this info

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:23pm On Jun 06, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Okay, will help thee. Just fill and be done with your DS160 stuff, then attempt to follow the interview scheduling thing, answer the questions as they come, if your answers qualifies you for dropbox the system will generate a Dropbox Confirmation slip for you and allow you input the receipt number for a non-existent interview. Print the slip and your DS160 confirmation page, take these along with your international passport and passport size photograph to the DHL office you chose and submit for onward transmission the US Embassy. Once your visa is ready you will be notified to pick up from DHL, just as you may also be asked to come in for an interview.

N.B.
Don't forget to change the old DS160 number to the current one in your profile as you do all of these o
@Seyewest and Pyx, the above may be of help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:24pm On Jun 06, 2016
OmoBendel24:

You don't need an embassy appointment from there, that's all there is to it as far as appointment is concerned for those qualified for dropbox. Take the printed copy of dropbox confirmation letter, your MRV receipt, DS160 confirmation page printout, your International Passport, the embassy's approved standard Passport size photograph and go submit them at the DHL office you chose while trying to book the appointment. They will forward same to the embassy and you will be informed when it's time for pick up at DHL after visa is issued or you may then be called in for an interview. Na so e reach
And this too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pyx: 3:26pm On Jun 06, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Thank you for the timely response, when I saw the next available date so I picked one but how can I change it to drop box now.
Thanks so much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Agrom: 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2016
Please I need some help, I recently applied for a U.S. Niv in Abuja via Dropbox because I qualified for it but received an email from the embassy requiring me to appear for an interview instead, There is no hint on why I was required to appear, please do anyone here had any similar experience in the past? Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:15pm On Jun 06, 2016
Agrom:
Please I need some help, I recently applied for a U.S. Niv in Abuja via Dropbox because I qualified for it but received an email from the embassy requiring me to appear for an interview instead, There is no hint on why I was required to appear, please do anyone here had any similar experience in the past? Thank you
You have to appear and defend yourself again... Most time you may have done something inappropriate or they need to clarify some issues concern your previous trip to the U.S
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2016
pyx:

Thank you for the timely response, when I saw the next available date so I picked one but how can I change it to drop box now.
Thanks so much
Still can't understand how you got to that place where you now picked an interview date. Did you turn down a dropbox offer along the line (maybe by mistake) as you were on the CGI website following the steps? Or you followed the right steps and got there (in that case you are not qualified for dropbox)?
If you did so by mistake, hopefully you are not made to pay another fee for you to be able to go the dropbox route sha as it "apyas" now. Why not call them to thrash this out?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pyx: 6:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Still can't understand how you got to that place where you now picked an interview date. Did you turn down a dropbox offer along the line (maybe by mistake) as you were on the CGI website following the steps? Or you followed the right steps and got there (in that case you are not qualified for dropbox)?
If you did so by mistake, hopefully you are not made to pay another fee for you to be able to go the dropbox route sha as it "apyas" now. Why not call them to thrash this out?
Thanks I will try to re schedule and if it comes out same way I will call the desk officer ,however there is a particular question on " passport " to be expired visa is on an expired passport but i have renewed the passport , I wouldn't know if you remember what should be the appropriate answer
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2016
pyx:

Thanks I will try to re schedule and if it comes out same way I will call the desk officer ,however there is a particular question on " passport " to be expired visa is on an expired passport but i have renewed the passport , I wouldn't know if you remember what should be the appropriate answer
Hope you know you have limited number of times you can reschedule your appointment? Better watch it, don't touch that dial just yet bruv! I really do not know nor remember what you are asking too. Related to any of the images below?
Of course you should apply with your valid (renewed) passport, and add the one the about-to-expire visa is in to it when submitting your application at DHL

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by steve4ever: 2:06am On Jun 07, 2016
WESTERNCR:
Hmm.....to God be the glory....my elder brother, his wife and two kids got their visa approved few mins ago. Transcript as follows:-

My brother kids were yelling good morning to the go but he didn't answer the kids

Vo: why are you going to the us?

My bro: for a family vacation

Vo: where in the us are u going?

My bro: Orlando florida

Vo: why Orlando florida?

My bro: because the kids will be going to Disneyland and also we will be visiting the holy land

Vo: what do u for a living?

My bro: I deal in automobiles

Vo: facing my bros wife: what do u do as a job ma'am?

Wife: I'm a fashion designer

Vo: to my bro...where do u get ur vehicles from?

My bro: from Japan and Germany

Vo....this time he was adjusting his microphone and typing vigorously (only God knows what he was typing) he picked up the white paper and said ur visa has been approved, pick it up on ....bro wasn't sure what day may be Wednesday or Thursday but the koko be say his visa has been approved
congrats to ur bro and his family. safe trip to America.[i][/i]

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by steve4ever: 2:18am On Jun 07, 2016
big thanks to all who has help me out in filling out ds160 for my mum. I finally book date for her. u guys are really doing great.
my next question is how to arrange her document for her. with me is ds160 confirmation, appointment page, visa payment receipt, invitation letter, her daughter certificate of us citizenship, her tax payment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yungokus: 8:17am On Jun 07, 2016
morning guyz..... please how much is the application fee for B1/B2 visa (visitors visa) equivalent in naira?.... Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by vizkiz: 8:36am On Jun 07, 2016
yungokus:
morning guyz..... please how much is the application fee for B1/B2 visa (visitors visa) equivalent in naira?.... Thanks

can't you just read
The answers to these questions are lying all around in here. Can't you just start reading and find the answers you seek for Mehn, ladyG is really trying... undecided

#signed silent reader.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by terrywales: 8:55am On Jun 07, 2016
yungokus:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tmeeto: 9:45am On Jun 07, 2016
So i was denied today. Just two questions; where are you going and what do i do? (I work out of d risk management division in a bank)

On the bright side; ill save my 600k instead of travelling grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:37am On Jun 07, 2016
steve4ever:
big thanks to all who has help me out in filling out ds160 for my mum. I finally book date for her. u guys are really doing great.
my next question is how to arrange her document for her. with me is ds160 confirmation, appointment page, visa payment receipt, invitation letter, her daughter certificate of us citizenship, her tax payment.
That's enough you're good to go
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:44am On Jun 07, 2016
tmeeto:
So i was denied today. Just two questions; where are you going and what do i do? (I work out of d risk management division in a bank)

On the bright side; ill save my 600k instead of travelling grin
Well if they issued you a U.S Visa you won't say that... Maybe the problem is with the form you filled and maybe your appearance... You can try again in 4 months... Don't give up
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 11:09am On Jun 07, 2016
Hello house is it possible for someone who has never travelled out of the country before to get a us visa? especially if its just for vacation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:14am On Jun 07, 2016
mzjennypher:
Hello house is it possible for someone who has never travelled out of the country before to get a us visa? especially if its just for vacation
Yes of course why not... Visa is 50/50 you can't say you will get it or not.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tmeeto: 11:24am On Jun 07, 2016
seyewest:
Well if they issued you a U.S Visa you won't say that... Maybe the problem is with the form you filled and maybe your appearance... You can try again in 4 months... Don't give up

I think its prolly because i have an immigrant application pending. Is all good tho
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:33am On Jun 07, 2016
vizkiz:

can't you just read
The answers to these questions are lying all around in here. Can't you just start reading and find the answers you seek for Mehn, ladyG is really trying... undecided

#signed silent reader.

cheesy grin
Thank You ooo!

@Tmeeto so we have u smack in slightlymad's prediction. Issorai. Pele
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 11:45am On Jun 07, 2016
tmeeto:

I think its prolly because i have an immigrant application pending. Is all good tho

That could most likely cause the denial. But having said that, some people still get granted despite their immigration pending application! They just need to show a higher ties to Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kayayo0211(m): 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
Good day,
Please i need advice on the question below

I applied for US business visa for Google coference and i was refused last year, but now i want to apply for visiting visa.
Is it possible for me to apply for a US visiting visa?

Thanks in Anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:52pm On Jun 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

cheesy grin
Thank You ooo!

@Tmeeto so we have u smack in slightlymad's prediction. Issorai. Pele
@LadyG it is now prediction grin grin grin not a fact anymore.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
kayayo0211:
Good day,
Please i need advice on the question below

I applied for US business visa for Google coference and i was refused last year, but now i want to apply for visiting visa.
Is it possible for me to apply for a US visiting visa?

Thanks in Anticipation
You're free to apply to visit U.S it is up to you and V.O to decide if you're eligible or not.
fill your form correctly and go for the interview... Hopefully it will be successful but no one except the V.O can guarantee you a U.S Visit visa

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2016
seyewest:
You're free to apply to visit U.S it is up to you and V.O to decide if you're eligible or not.
fill your form correctly and go for the interview... Hopefully it will be successful but no one except the V.O can guarantee you a U.S Visit visa

This is so true , US visit visa as to specific standard to be met. its totally at the discretion of the VO at the time of interview , unlike immigrant visa that as specific requirements to be met.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by steve4ever: 6:04pm On Jun 07, 2016
seyewest:
That's enough you're good to go
Alright, thks, but will she submit all the document to the v.o at once, if her passport is requested? so as to no which document am going to put in her passport for her
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:04pm On Jun 07, 2016
steve4ever:

Alright, thks, but will she submit all the document to the v.o at once, if her passport is requested? so as to no which document am going to put in her passport for her
The most important document is her passport,DS160 confirmation page and appointment letter... The rest will be asked for at the discretion of the V.O

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.