Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533855 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 03, 2016
kooljay5:
pls help. my friend wants me to help pick his visa if grantd. hw shld he go about it? his interview is abuja, im in lagos.
A valid id from your friend eg drivers license. You also need to show id + u need to go with ur friend's proxy paper; filled and signed by the both of you. The white paper the vo gave him at the interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

For a 'new member' who just discovered NL you are quite savvy at posting and manipulating dual quotes . Well done lipsrsealed
lol... Don't even know how to do that stuff
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Henries: 12:41am On Jun 03, 2016
pls house,i want advice on steps to be taken in inviting my mum over here in the US for a short visit with my niece cause she's aged and doesn't want to come alone.I live in US with my wife and kids,my wife& i are naturalized citizen and the kids by birth.pls house what are the steps to be taken to secure visa for them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 12:44am On Jun 03, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:58am On Jun 03, 2016
hello fam.. good to be back here.... i have some worries here and i really need some advice from anyone pls...

I applied for a US visit visa for a conference April 2012 unfortunately i was refused a visa, then i work with a company with 200k salary and their basis for refusing me visa was cos of not having a strong ties in Nigeria thou was single then....... Now is 2016 am married and my wife is 6month gone.. and i wish to apply again , getting many advice from many folks so am kind of confused here..

do i apply for a medical visa for my wife and a visit visa for mine so that my wife can deliver there OR
do i apply alone and visit first then allow my wife to deliver here and after that she can apply for visit also... so we can travel together when ever we wish....
now i still work with good income and i still own a business.... PLEASE WHICH WAY SHOULD I GO? NEED AN URGENT RESPONSE.. THANKS AND GOD BLESS...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:50am On Jun 03, 2016
davton69:
hello fam.. good to be back here.... i have some worries here and i really need some advice from anyone pls...

I applied for a US visit visa for a conference April 2012 unfortunately i was refused a visa, then i work with a company with 200k salary and their basis for refusing me visa was cos of not having a strong ties in Nigeria thou was single then....... Now is 2016 am married and my wife is 6month gone.. and i wish to apply again , getting many advice from many folks so am kind of confused here..

do i apply for a medical visa for my wife and a visit visa for mine so that my wife can deliver there OR
do i apply alone and visit first then allow my wife to deliver here and after that she can apply for visit also... so we can travel together when ever we wish....
now i still work with good income and i still own a business.... PLEASE WHICH WAY SHOULD I GO? NEED AN URGENT RESPONSE.. THANKS AND GOD BLESS...
Giving birth in the US is no crime. If you are prepared with evidence tthat you can afford it and a well laid plan,ul gerrit. There's a thread on NL dedicated to birthin in the US. All you need is hardwork cos u will. Need to read and research.
Both of u can apply together.
https://www.nairaland.com/3022823/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/144#46222976
This is the last part of the thread. Go to page zero and get a summary of all u need and a link to other parts. Try to read istbefore asking questions because research is the password there.
Congrats on the newest addition to your home

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:02am On Jun 03, 2016
steve4ever:
pls house i really need ur advice at this point, v started filling ds 160 for my aged mum and widow,who ll be going for 4wks visit to her daughter. she was once a cook for Reverend fathers but now retired and only sells kerosene and groundnut outside our house just to get busy. pls am confuse on wht to put in the occupation section. shld I fill business and write wht she sells or retired? secondly mum is not literate she only understand Yoruba pls how do I go about it for her not to be interviewed with English. thks alot
Your mother is a trader. Please go thru the oCcupation list and pick the occupation closest to it if trader isn't there. I'm sure businessman is there...
Thereafter there's a column to describe your job functions. U can now do the needful.
There are interpreters at the embassy. When she gets there , from the folks that do the clearance, she can tell them in yoruba that she dosent speak English. When its her turn to be interviewed, she can greet the VO in yoruba and tell her she can't understand eEnglish. Additional somebody can pen it down on a paper ' I cannot speak English. Please can i have an interpreter'
The old lady I once saw when I got interveiwed, the vo just went through her form and approved her visa. The mama just stood there looking

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by steve4ever: 10:01am On Jun 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Your mother is a trader. Please go thru the oCcupation list and pick the occupation closest to it if trader isn't there. I'm sure businessman is there...
Thereafter there's a column to describe your job functions. U can now do the needful.
There are interpreters at the embassy. When she gets there , from the folks that do the clearance, she can tell them in yoruba that she dosent speak English. When its her turn to be interviewed, she can greet the VO in yoruba and tell her she can't understand eEnglish. Additional somebody can pen it down on a paper ' I cannot speak English. Please can i have an interpreter'
The old lady I once saw when I got interveiwed, the vo just went through her form and approved her visa. The mama just stood there looking

Am so hap for this great explanation. really really appreciate.....
LADY G FOR PRESIDENT.............
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pclevercheta: 10:02am On Jun 03, 2016
iapt:

BUSTED..the niccur aint new on the platform.... @LadyG...I gree for u..

Can they administrators check the date and time i joined? Thanks all for the comments. this is a great forum to be.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

If she speaks broken English or pidgin English, it is very helpful for her to at least attempt the interview. If an interpreter is needed one will be called.

It's also extremely helpful that she understand that an officer asking "Yoruba? Igbo? Hausa?" is them trying to find out which language she needs an interpreter in... You would not believe how many people just stand their saying "interpreter" over and over again while failing to even listen to the fact that the officer is speaking Yoruba to them (yes, a couple of us have picked up the language).

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by steve4ever: 10:58am On Jun 03, 2016
LagosNIV:

If she speaks broken English or pidgin English, it is very helpful for her to at least attempt the interview. If an interpreter is needed one will be called.

It's also extremely helpful that she understand that an officer asking "Yoruba? Igbo? Hausa?" is them trying to find out which language she needs an interpreter in... You would not believe how many people just stand their saying "interpreter" over and over again while failing to even listen to the fact that the officer is speaking Yoruba to them (yes, a couple of us have picked up the language).

thks so much..... she understood little broken. but my fear is understanding what they said very well. that was y I tot she should ask for an interpreter in Yoruba. notwithstanding I will let her no dis and prepare to ans in pidgin.
pls pertaining to her occupation. no trader is in the options, the business I picked is asking me to fill company's name,address, name of employer etc. will it be proper to put homemaker there or what should I do.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SekSek: 11:06am On Jun 03, 2016
LagosNIV:

lool...you guys were probably speaking it with American accent.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keni: 11:11am On Jun 03, 2016
pclevercheta:

Can they administrators check the date and time i joined? Thanks all for the comments. this is a great forum to be.

You dont need to get to that extent, once you have been presumed to be fraudulent in this room, there are very few things you would say that will make a few people believe you. As per using the platform, I have used this same type of platform on another website that focuses on a separate niche entirely people that are into blogging knows the name, u wont see any visual content on the landing page, but the modus operandi of posting is the same.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:18am On Jun 03, 2016
steve4ever:

Am so hap for this great explanation. really really appreciate.....
LADY G FOR PRESIDENT.............
I agree o! As long as no be of Nigeria grin
Steve think outside the box na shuo. If company name is required can't u put 'Petty trader. Unregistered' or sumn else.no be everything them dey ask question for nam

@LagosNIVuna yoruba na yankee yoruna . cheesy Una no add aghhhh! Arhhhh! With wide open mouth for am . Lol

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 03, 2016
SekSek:

lool...you guys were probably speaking it with American accent.

Sure, it's not the best Yoruba in the world, but "Ike merin owosi" doesn't mean a thing in English... and if they are even attempting to listen then they know what we are asking for.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iapt: 11:26am On Jun 03, 2016
LagosNIV:

Sure, it's not the best Yoruba in the world, but "Ike merin owosi" doesn't mean a thing in English... and if they are even attempting to listen then they know what we are asking for.

Please what does this mean....i seem not to understand Yoruba again..lol cheesy cheesy grin... or probably you are saying something about Plastic ike
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:47am On Jun 03, 2016
geojoe91:
Pls gurus in the house, what went wrong? Was interviewed today at the US embassy in Lagos.

VO: Goodmorning
Me:Morning.

VO: Passport pls
Me: sure.

VO: why are u travelling to the USA
Me: I want to go on holidays.. Want to spend my holidays with my step brother there.

VO: How did he enter the USA?
Me: As a student

VO: oh you are in school. What level?
Me:400L.

Vo: how many days do y I want to spend there?
Me: Just 14 days

Vo: who is sponsoring your trip?
Me: My dad.

Vo: have you travelled for vacation before?
Me: no.

Then the yeye man Said orry you can pls persuade your dad to sponsor you to another country for vacation. You can as well try again later. I just hissed commot his front.

Pls what went wrong? @LadyG @Seyewest.@everyone.

Though, I think is coz I have no travel history.

The guy gave you expo.

Travel to UK or Europe. When u get back u will be more qualified for a US visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mrsgift: 11:56am On Jun 03, 2016
Hello Lady G, and other followers in the house. i am here today, my first time. i have just joined. My husband told about this forum yesterday and the interactions he had with you which proved to be wonderful and an eye-opener. i won,t bother you with my experience at the visa office on Wednesday and how i was refused visa, since my husband had discussed and thrashed that with you. Thank you Lady G, Kennycanny and others who contributed, my husband showed me all the priceless inputs you made.

I and my husband and three kids aged 3,5 and 8, were preparing for a visit to the US in august and December 2016, for graduation ceremony of my other Cousins. My question now is since the house has advised that i should wait for sometime b4 applying again. Should my husband not include my name as those traveling with him in the application. This may not be possible because he cannot cope with kids alone if approved. My husband wants to go alone now that i have been denied visa just two days ago leaving me and kids cos he cannot cope with the kids. What is you take on this?

love you all.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2016
mrsgift:
Hello Lady G, and other followers in the house. i am here today, my first time. i have just joined. My husband told about this forum yesterday and the interactions he had with you which proved to be wonderful and an eye-opener. i won,t bother you with my experience at the visa office on Wednesday and how i was refused visa, since my husband had discussed and thrashed that with you. Thank you Lady G, Kennycanny and others who contributed, my husband showed me all the priceless inputs you made.

I and my husband and three kids aged 3,5 and 8, were preparing for a visit to the US in august and December 2016, for graduation ceremony of my other Cousins. My question now is since the house has advised that i should wait for sometime b4 applying again. Should my husband not include my name as those traveling with him in the application. This may not be possible because he cannot cope with kids alone if approved. My husband wants to go alone now that i have been denied visa just two days ago leaving me and kids cos he cannot cope with the kids. What is you take on this?

love you all.
Lemme get you very well.you want to know if your husband can apply alone without you andthe kids?
Answer: Yes. If he has sufficent ties, he can get a visa.
Love u too grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

He gives u his collection slip/authorization
U enter a bus/plane to abuja.
U go and pick up the visa.

U can also look into the dhl option. Dunno how it works

PLS FOR THE DHL OPTION DO DHL OPEN WEEKENDS?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2016
mzjennypher:

PLS FOR THE DHL OPTION DO DHL OPEN WEEKENDS?
No idea o

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
iapt:

Please what does this mean....i seem not to understand Yoruba again..lol cheesy cheesy grin... or probably you are saying something about Plastic ike

Left hand 4 fingers, no? Well 99% of people here seem to understand it.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by temmyo: 12:58pm On Jun 03, 2016
LagosNIV:

it's 'ika' not 'ike' lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:03pm On Jun 03, 2016
LagosNIV:

#Laughs! "Here" as used in your last sentence above would mean what anyways sir? On this thread? At the US Embassy, Nigeria (Lagos and/or Abuja)? Thanks for all you guys do generally.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SekSek: 1:16pm On Jun 03, 2016
LagosNIV:

I get your point but my granny or most grannies would only listen if a black man say those words.

Mo fe lo jeun, odabo o.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iapt: 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2016
LagosNIV:

I applaud u cos u could actually write it almost well.... grin ....because of this,i promise to greet my VO in yoruba during my interview next week... 'ekaroo' lol...I pray the person would be in a good mood to answer, orelse I might just be denied instantly lol cheesy

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Intrepid01(m): 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hello people, my appointment date is coming Monday 10:30 am.

Please I want to find out if they keep to time or its probably a whole day thing.

Is it organized and well structured. I just want to have an idea of what ill be facing.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2016
pls house i need ur assistance am on the upload photo stage and the photo i have on my pc is too large. pls ow can i submit without uploading a photo. learnt its not compulsory. pls help urgently. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iapt: 2:00pm On Jun 03, 2016
Intrepid01:
Hello people, my appointment date is coming Monday 10:30 am.

Please I want to find out if they keep to time or its probably a whole day thing.

Is it organized and well structured. I just want to have an idea of what ill be facing.

Thank you.

Chill out bro....just get there an hour before cos this is an oyinbo suntin, dem dey over keep to time sef....you are not the only one feeling that way tho...I understand how u feel yeah!!....its not as if the visa is glued to ones life or anything...its just that nobody wants to try and fail...mine is on tuesday...I wish you all the best and dont forget to share your transcript!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iapt: 2:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
mzjennypher:
pls house i need ur assistance am on the upload photo stage and the photo i have on my pc is too large. pls ow can i submit without uploading a photo. learnt its not compulsory. pls help urgently. thanks

Its not compulsory ma...just make sure u hold copies of clear passport along with u for ur interview (white background tho)...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 2:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
THANK YOU SO MUCH
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2016
davton69:

Since she's 6 months gone why not wait for her to birth in Nigeria and both of you with the baby can apply for visiting that is if you want it that way but if you want her to deliver in the U.S then you can follow @LadyG advice on birthing in U.S

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.